Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Jan 2019 03:03 #2061 by DrMike
Make Peace a Priority

Today’s Scripture

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." (James 3:16, NIV)

Strife is a powerfully destructive force that the enemy uses to try to bring confusion and turmoil into our lives. It can tear apart marriages, destroy businesses, and divide lifelong friends. We all have things happen on a daily basis that can aggravate us, but the key is to not let those aggravations make us act rude or angry toward those around us. Instead, let me encourage you to make peace a priority in your life. Don't give the enemy a foothold. Refuse to argue. Refuse to be sarcastic or disrespectful. Decide that you are going to keep peace in your home and your life even if it means you have to swallow your pride. Make the choice to aggressively pursue peace. Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers." You can be that person. You can be the one to create an atmosphere of peace and harmony in your family.

A Prayer for Today

"I will make the choice to not be rude or impatient with my friends, family and co-workers today. These are the people I care about and I pray your blessings on them. Peace is my priority! In Jesus' name - Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2019 03:18 #2062 by DrMike
The Priority of Worship

Today’s Scripture

"So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us! Oh yes, he’s our God, and we’re the people he pastures, the flock he feeds." (Psalm 95:6, MSG)

One key to living an abundant life is spending time in worship. The Bible teaches us to worship the Lord throughout the day, every day. Whether you're at home, work, the bus stop or the ball game, take time to worship God for who He is and thank Him for all the blessings He has given you. Another key is spending time each day in the Word. Your Bible is the best tool you have for discovering your God-given purpose! It will tell you who you are, what you have, and what you can do. Remember, God has plans to prosper you, and as you walk in His plan for your life, you will experience His explosive blessings on everything you set your hand to!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for the purposeful plan You have for my life. Thank You for giving me the strength to guard my heart by staying in an attitude of worship. Help me stay focused on Your Word and Your will for my life. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

29 Jan 2019 06:44 #2063 by DrMike
God has big plans for you

Today’s Scripture

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it! He could have lived anywhere in the universe, but He chose to live in your heart. You are His most prized possession, and He has an amazing future planned for you. God wants you to be free today. He is asking you to forget the past and start fresh with Him today. Stop beating yourself up over your past mistakes. Quit thinking that you don't deserve anything good. You are a child of the Most High God. Begin seeing yourself the way God sees you. How does God see you? He sees you as His masterpiece, the apple of His eye, His precious child. Throughout the day, declare what His Word says about you, “I am a victor. I am a masterpiece. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” See yourself as the champion He created you to be!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I believe my better days are still to come. The pain in my life prepares me to receive twice what I have lost, so I will face whatever comes with steadfast faith. Thank you for giving me this hope. In Jesus' Name - Amen."

30 Jan 2019 03:22 #2064 by DrMike
Life in a Fishbowl

Today’s Scripture

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters." (Colossians 3:23, NIV)

A pastor's life has been described as "a life in a fishbowl." Everyone is watching to see how you will react in any given situation. But really, that's true of all of us. Whether you realize it or not, people are watching you. They watch how you dress, how you take care of your home, how you work, and how you treat other people. The Scripture talks about believers representing God here on the earth. We are Christ’s ambassadors. If we’re to represent God properly, we should do it with joy, with enthusiasm, with a smile. People of faith are supposed to be the lights of the world. Some who lack faith may not want to listen to what we believe, but they certainly watch how we live. We are living epistles read by all men. Some may not read the Bible, but they’re reading our lives. As the saying goes, “Preach at all times; use words only when necessary.”

A Prayer for Today

"God, as Your child, I am called to be a good example in the world. My decisions, my words, and my actions should reflect my commitment to living a life of excellence. I love that I am Your ambassador! Thank you for your confidence in me. In Jesus' name - Amen"

31 Jan 2019 06:12 #2065 by DrMike
Always Thank Him for Victory

Today’s Scripture

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ..." (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what you are facing today, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way! You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback, and you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."

01 Feb 2019 03:18 #2066 by DrMike
Your Ever-Present Help

Today’s Scripture

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1, NIV)

God is always with you. That means He is present at all times, continually, perpetually, throughout all time. In your day of trouble, He promises to be a help to you. How is He your help? “Help” means something different to each person. That’s because “help” is specific to your need. If you need money to pay your bills, a chocolate cake isn’t going to be much help! But we serve a God who is very specific. And because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need and is always ready to provide it!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."

04 Feb 2019 02:48 #2067 by DrMike
You are Highly Favored!

Today’s Scripture

"The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." (Luke 1:28, NIV)

Did you know that as a child of God, you are highly favored? No matter what you may have done in the past, as soon as you make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, you have favor with God!

Mary didn't understand how or why she had God's favor, or what that favor was for. At that moment, she didn't know that she was chosen as a pure and holy vessel to bring Christ to the world. Friend, you have God's favor for the very same reason as Mary - because God chose you and made you a pure and holy vessel to bring Christ to your home, workplace, and even the world.

Stay focused on sharing "the message" of God's love with all those you come in contact with. And remember that today, and everyday, you are highly favored and the Lord is with you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I have an awesome responsibility to share Your message with the world. It is my gift to You to embrace that calling in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Feb 2019 05:19 #2068 by DrMike
See the Lord

Today’s Scripture

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4, NIV)

In this day and age, it seems that there are so many things that people are afraid of. I'm not just talking about phobias. Many people are afraid of the future, afraid they won't get married, afraid they won't find a better job, afraid of getting sick. But the Scripture gives us a simple remedy for all our fears, and that is to seek the Lord. How do you seek the Lord? With a humble and open heart. By setting aside time each day to commune with Him. By focusing your thoughts on Him and His goodness.

Friend, no matter what fears may be plaguing your mind today, God wants to deliver you. He promises to keep us in perfect peace when we keep our minds stayed on Him. Today, meditate on His goodness. Meditate on His perfect love which casts out all fear. As you seek the Lord, He will answer you. He will deliver you and lead you in the path of peace and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me in every area of my life. Thank You for delivering me from all my fears. Help me keep my mind and heart fixed on You as I reach out to embrace the good things You have in store for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

06 Feb 2019 03:22 #2069 by DrMike
Nothing's Too Small

Today’s Scripture

"And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matthew 10:30, NIV)

We hear all the time that nothing is too big for God. But have you ever thought that a problem was too small for God? Are there things in your life that you haven't prayed about simply because you thought it didn't matter to God? Every detail of your life is important to God. He knows the very number of hairs you have on your head! That's pretty amazing to think about. If He keeps track of every hair that falls from your head, surely He cares about the things that you care about. He wants to be involved in every area of your life—not just the big things, but the small things, too. Don't wait until you have a major crisis to pray, and don't hold back. You’re not inconveniencing God. You’re the apple of His eye. Open your heart and talk to Him about everything because nothing is too small for Him!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me as Your child and for caring about every detail in my life. I open my heart to You and ask You to be involved in every area of my life today in Jesus' name. Amen."

07 Feb 2019 05:46 #2070 by DrMike
The Power of Praise

Today’s Scripture

"But he did not doubt or waver in unbelief concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and empowered by faith, giving glory to God." (Romans 4:20, AMP)

God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations—that his heirs would outnumber the stars in the sky. Abraham waited twenty years to see his promise. I'm sure there were many times he thought, "I must not have heard God right. It's never going to happen. Besides, I'm too old to have a child." But the Bible says, "He grew strong in faith by giving praise and thanksgiving to God." Instead of complaining, I can hear him saying, "Father, I want to thank You that You are at work in my life. Even though this looks impossible, I know You always finish what You start. Thank You that my child is on the way." Praise is a supernatural force that causes you to stand strong in faith even when your thoughts or circumstances are coming against the truth. All throughout the day, thank God in advance for what He's going to do. When you do, just like Abraham, you will be empowered by faith to see the fulfillment of the promise!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I choose to praise You and thank You for your promises in my life. Thank you for completing the work you've started in my life. Help me be a blessing and encouragement to others today. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds