Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Feb 2019 03:11 #2081 by DrMike
The Seed Must Lead

Today’s Scripture

"And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor." (2 Timothy 2:6, NLT)

In farming, the seed always precedes the harvest—and that's true in our lives as well. In other words, if you want to reap happiness, then you have to sow seeds by making other people happy. If you want to reap financial blessings, you have to sow financially. If you want to reap friendships, you have to be a good friend first. Sowing seed is not just a one-time effort, it’s an important part of everyday life. Instead of focusing on your need, worrying about how it’s going to work out and living frustrated, look for ways you can sow a seed. Be more seed-oriented than need-oriented. Can you give an encouraging word to someone who’s down? Is there someone you can pray for? Are you investing quality time with your loved ones? If you'll dare to sow a seed in your time of need, God will do more than you can ask or think!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You that I have the good seed of Your Word and Your love within me. Help me to sow these blessings generously in the lives of others. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2019 03:33 #2082 by DrMike
Be Patient

Today’s Scripture

"The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."(Lamentations 3:25, NIV)

Even when you are busy, you can choose to be patient. Nobody really likes to wait around for something to happen, especially if it's something they really want to see come to pass. But God says that people who trust in Him need to wait on Him. Waiting is hard, but here's the good part: waiting on God is not like waiting on anyone else in your life because God never fails to keep His Word! If you're asking God for something right now or hoping that He will fulfill your dreams, just keep praying and holding on. Don't give up on God. If it's not happening on your timetable, remind yourself, “God knows what He is doing. He has my best interest at heart. I wouldn’t be having this delay unless God had a very good reason for it.” Rest assured that it will be in God's perfect timing.

A Prayer for Today

"God, please continue to give me patience to wait on You - and thank You for the assurance that You will never fail to keep Your Word. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

26 Feb 2019 03:11 #2083 by DrMike
God's Unending Love

Today’s Scripture

"...I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness, I have drawn you." (Jeremiah 31:3, NKJV)

God tells you in His Word that He has always loved you and will always love you—a love that is truly eternal and unending. Nothing can ever separate you from His love, and there is nothing you can do to make Him love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you any less. His love is truly amazing! Human love can be powerful and faithful, but it still falls short of the perfect love God has for you. It has been said that you can't out-give God, and that's true of love as well! First Corinthians 13 is a wonderful chapter because it gives a glimpse into God's love, which never fails. All the loves on the earth either fall away or fail from time to time, but not God's perfect love. That is a wonderful thing to know and something to model your own love and life after.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for loving me with an unending love through Jesus Christ. Give me the same heart to truly love others as You love them. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

27 Feb 2019 03:08 #2084 by DrMike
Expect God's Best

Today’s Scripture

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly." (Psalm 5:3, NIV)

Our God is a God of "suddenlies!" Suddenly, He breaks an addiction. Suddenly, your health improves. Suddenly, you are given that promotion. When you keep your heart open, expectant and filled with faith, God goes to work. In the same way Jesus turned the five loaves of bread and two fish into lunch for 5,000 men (Matthew 14:17), God will take your faith in Him and turn it into the provision you need! The enemy's goal is to get you discouraged so you will give up and settle where you are. Don't be deceived! No matter how many disappointments you've encountered, God can turn things around for you in a split second of time! One touch of His favor can suddenly restore relationships! One touch of His goodness can solve that problem you're facing today! Just one touch from Almighty God can instantly change your life!

A Prayer for Today

"God, each day I come before You with my joys, my concerns, my praises, and my requests. I will wait patiently and expectantly for Your answer. In Jesus' name - Amen."

28 Feb 2019 06:44 #2085 by DrMike
Follow God to Victory

Today’s Scripture

"But thanks be to God,who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere." (2 Corinthians 2:14, NIV)

Have you ever noticed that you often face your greatest attacks when you’re about to give birth to the dreams God placed in your heart? The enemy waits until you’re close to the promotion, close to the breakthrough. He’ll strike when you’re just about to step up to a new level. Don’t be surprised if you face opposition or go through a disappointment. Perhaps a friend whom you were counting on is not there. Or, it’s taking longer than you expected. That simply means you’re about to give birth to what God has placed in your heart. The good news is, the forces that are for you are greater than the forces that are against you. Your destiny cannot be stopped by a bad break, by disappointments, by opposition or by other people. God always causes you to triumph. He says, “No weapon formed against you will ever prosper.”

A Prayer for Today

"God, even when I am under fire from the enemy I will rise up and claim victory over sin and defeat with You by my side. Thank you for leading me toward a life of joy and abundance. I will faithfully follow Your direction. "

01 Mar 2019 02:52 #2086 by DrMike
God Loves A Giver!

Today’s Scripture

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NIV)

One of the greatest challenges facing our society today is the tendency to live selfish lives. Society teaches us to look out for number one. But did you know that God created us to be givers of His selfless and compassionate love? John 3:16 tells us that God showed His love to us by giving His Son, and we also show our love to others by our giving. You can experience a new level of God's joy, blessing and favor in your life when you step out and develop a lifestyle of giving. Be a giver rather than a taker. You won’t have to look far before you find someone you can help. First Thessalonians 5:15 says, "See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always aim to show kindness and seek to do good to everybody." Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit to meet the needs of those around you. When you do, you will experience the supernatural joy of giving.

A Prayer for Today

"God, You gave me the ultimate example of self-sacrificial giving. There are so many opportunities to show Your love to others. Every day, I will seek out ways to show kindness and compassion."

04 Mar 2019 06:54 #2087 by DrMike
God Rescues You for Glory!

Today’s Scripture

"...I will not forget you. I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist..." (Isaiah 44:21–22, NLT)

Out here in Colorado, clouds don't linger. They're swept away by winds from the north or breezes from the West. That's what God says about your sins, weaknesses and shortcomings—they're swept away before you know it. God is a loving, forgiving, redeeming, life-changing God. So start agreeing with God and change the image you have of yourself. Instead of telling God what you can't do, agree with what He says you can do! You can turn your entire life around if you look at yourself the way that God sees you and agree with His purpose. God is with you, so be fearless and victorious each day. Gideon, the great hero of the Bible, thought of himself as weak, but God called him a "mighty man of fearless courage." The Bible says, "If you believe, all things are possible." Get God's vision of victory for your life. See yourself as the champion God created you to be—strong, courageous and successful!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for seeing me as victorious and useful. Help me to stand under Your ideas and fulfill what You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

05 Mar 2019 03:09 #2088 by DrMike
Come to the Father

Today’s Scripture

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]." (Matthew 11:28, AMP)

Does your soul need refreshing today? God is constantly inviting us to step away from the hectic pace of life and come to Him to find rest for our souls. Are you facing challenges in your relationships? Finances? Career? God wants to refresh you. He wants to give you rest. Think about that for a moment. What would cause you to rest? If you knew everything was going to work out for your good, you would stop worrying. You would rest! Even if things don’t work out the way you planned or on your timetable, you can trust that God will turn things around in your favor. Today, make it a point to be still before God. Quiet your mind of all the things on your agenda and just focus on Him. Let Him love you, let Him speak to your heart, and let Him fill you with peace and strength each and every day.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You now and give You my cares and burdens. I thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for giving me rest for my soul and peace in my heart today in Jesus' name. Amen."

06 Mar 2019 03:19 #2089 by DrMike
You Are A Champion!

Today’s Scripture

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26, NIV)

Conquerors don't give up when they lose ground. They march forward with confidence knowing that they will claim victory. It should be the same with us in our daily lives. The Bible says you don't have to worry—you are an overcomer in Christ! When worry comes against us, we can choose not to dwell on those negative thoughts. Like changing TV channels, you can change the channel in your mind from thoughts of defeat to thoughts of victory. Instead of dreading what could go wrong, meditate on God’s promises. Declare His word, “I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.” The Holy Spirit lives in you and is fighting your spiritual battles for you. As soon as you pray, the tide of the battle begins to turn! That's why the Scriptures say over and over again that you can overcome anything. You can claim victory through Him today!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for Your Holy Spirit, who is fighting my battles for me. Give me the faith to hold on to Your promises and claim victory in Your Name. Instead of worrying, I will be calm and victorious in You!"

07 Mar 2019 05:59 #2090 by DrMike
Nothing Can Separate You from God's Love

Today’s Scripture

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love..." (Romans 8:38, NLT)

No matter how many weaknesses you think you have, you are very special to God! You are beautifully, wonderfully and uniquely made, and you need to celebrate His handiwork in you! Too many times, people compare their lives to others rather than looking to God's promises and celebrating what God has given them. Worrying about your weaknesses will distract you and keep you from fulfilling your destiny. Don’t waste your time looking back, reliving what you did. You may be saying, "You just don't know how I've lived. You mean to say I'm not supposed to feel guilty and condemned? That I don't need to pay God back for all my mistakes by going around feeling bad about myself?" Yes, that is exactly right! Jesus came so you can be forgiven and have an abundant life. So begin seeing yourself today as God sees you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for loving me unconditionally without holding my sins against me. Give me the power to stay on track and fulfill my destiny for this day and every day."

Time to create page: 1.026 seconds