Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Apr 2019 03:07 #2111 by DrMike
He Withholds No Good Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless” (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

What do you need from the Lord today? Do you need peace, provision or guidance? The Word of God promises that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk blamelessly before Him. Now you may be thinking, “I’m not perfect. How can I have a blameless walk?” The Good News is, when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you automatically have a new, blameless walk. The past is erased in God’s eyes. Sure, you may make mistakes from time to time, but 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Understand today that God wants to pour His favor and honor on you. If you feel like there is anything in your life that you need to be cleansed from, go to the Father today and confess it to Him. Let Him make you new so that you can receive the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and choosing to pour out Your favor and blessing on me today. Thank You for giving me a new beginning and making me blameless in Your eyes. Search my heart today and show me if there is anything that would keep me from You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2019 07:53 #2112 by DrMike
Momentary Troubles

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

10 Apr 2019 03:21 #2113 by DrMike
Look Straight Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

What are you looking at today? Not in the natural, but with your spiritual eyes. In other words, what is in the forefront of your mind and in your heart? Are you constantly dwelling on your problems or things that have happened in your past? In the natural, you will move in the direction that your eyes are looking. In the spiritual, it works the same way. Whatever you focus your mind and heart on, you will move toward. That’s why today’s verse tells us to look straight ahead. If you are constantly dwelling on your problems or things in your past, wondering “what if,” then you will stay right where you are. But if you choose to forgive and release the past, then you can focus on what is ahead of you, and you’ll begin to move forward.

God doesn’t want you to live in the past. He wants you to keep growing and moving forward. Make the decision to meditate on His goodness and focus on His promises. Look straight ahead so you can see His blessing and move forward into the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my focus on You. I choose to forget the past by forgiving others so that I can look straight ahead to Your promises. I ask that You direct my heart on the path of life that You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

11 Apr 2019 07:21 #2114 by DrMike
Live Skillfully

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings...” (Proverbs 22:29, NIV)

Too often, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way over and over every day. But if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when you stop learning, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop living.

What are you doing to stretch yourself? What are you doing to improve your skills? Don’t get trapped into thinking that “good enough” is good enough. You were created for more than just average. Today is a new day, and there are new heights for you to climb. Pursue what you love and keep developing that area of your life. Take a class or find a mentor that will help you live skillfully. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and higher. You will stand before leaders and rulers, and you’ll live the blessed life God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to rise out of mediocrity. I choose to give my very best to everything I do. Teach me to live skillfully so that my life is a continual praise to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 Apr 2019 06:12 #2115 by DrMike
The Land of Hope

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I’ve pitched my tent in the land of hope...” (Acts 2:26, Message)

Where have you pitched your tent today? In other words, what are you expecting to happen in your life this year? What kind of attitude do you have? If your thoughts are stuck and you’re focusing on what’s wrong or what’s not working, then it’s time to dig up your tent stakes! It’s time to pack up your belongings and move out of the land of discouragement. It’s time to move out of the “Not-going-to-happen” subdivision and move out of “Can’t-do-it-ville.” It’s time to pack your bags and move into the land of hope, faith and expectation!

Every time you catch a negative thought and choose to dwell on God’s promises, it’s like you are packing your bags. Every time you declare God’s faithfulness, you are taking a step in the right direction. The Bible says that those who hope in the Lord will never be put to shame. As you turn your focus toward Him, you are pitching your tent in the Land of Hope — a land where His peace, blessing and victory reign forever more.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for taking me to the land of hope! I choose to set my mind on You, knowing that You are faithful. I release the past and invite You to fill me with Your blessing and victory today and always. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

18 Apr 2019 08:13 #2116 by DrMike
Call Things as Though They Are

Today's Scripture

"…the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were" (Romans 4:17, NIV)

Your Words have creative power. Just as God calls things that are not as though they were, we should also declare what we want to see in our lives. In other words, you may have days when you don't feel well, but don't go around saying, "Ah, my back has been hurting me. I'm getting so old. I don't think I'm ever going to get better."When you speak like that, you are speaking defeat into your future. Instead, turn it around. Declare a report of victory by saying, "I may not feel up to par, but I know it's only temporary. God is restoring health unto me. I'm getting stronger, healthier, and feeling younger. My best days are still up ahead."

Remember, you're going to get what you callin to your life. You have creative power in your words, and you are prophesying your future. Declare what God says about you–that you are blessed and you cannot be cursed, that you are above only and not beneath! As you call things that are not as though they were, you will see God's wonderful promises and blessing come to pass in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, thank You for entrusting me with Your power. I choose to declare words of life and victory. Help me, Holy Spirit, to use my words to move forward in victory the way You have planned. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

19 Apr 2019 03:28 #2117 by DrMike
Handfuls on Purpose

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God” (Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, the Scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.” That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways.

We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving. One day, the owner of the fields told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet.

Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose — something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We just stumbled into it. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my Provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me “handfuls on purpose” today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Apr 2019 02:46 #2118 by DrMike
Brag on Him Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes” (Psalm 118:23, NIV)

I love David’s attitude in today’s verse. He was declaring the goodness of God and bragging on His faithfulness! We need to always remember that every blessing in our life is from Him. That promotion, good break, healing or new opportunity — that was God’s doing. Scripture says that every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above.

We used to sing a song growing up, “Look What the Lord Has Done.” It was a song that just bragged on God. It was a great reminder that all through the day we should be bragging on God’s goodness. We should be remembering His mighty acts. See, when we give God all the glory, that’s when He will pour out His blessings in greater measure. When we are humble and don’t try to take the credit, His grace and favor increases on us.

Today, look for opportunities to brag on God. If you are breathing today, brag on Him as your Creator. If you got to work safely today, brag on Him for being your Protector. If you are facinga difficulty, brag on the fact that He is your Deliverer and breakthrough is on the way! Keep declaring His goodness and faithfulness and watch what God will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, You alone are worthy of all the praise and glory for the good things in my life! Thank You for blessing me, thank You for the breakthroughs in my past and the breakthroughs in my future. I bless You because You are good, and I choose to brag on You today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Apr 2019 02:51 #2119 by DrMike
Wear Your Blessing Well

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him” (Genesis 26:12, NIV)

One time Isaac was in a famine. There was a great drought in the land, but Isaac went out and planted crops right in the middle of that famine. It didn’t make any sense, but somehow in that same year of drought, the Scripture says, “Isaac received 100 times what he had sown because the Lord blessed him.”

What’s interesting is that when Isaac got blessed, the people around him, the Philistines and his friends all of the sudden got jealous of him. They were fine as long as he was broke. As long as they were at the same level, it was no big deal. But when he stepped up to a new level, when he began to wear his blessings well, the Scripture says, “The Philistines hated Isaac.”

Maybe you’ve noticed this in your own life. When you start to do better, the people around you don’t celebrate. They become jealous. But you can’t allow the attitudes of others to hold you back and cause you to live in mediocrity. Instead, when you’re blessed, brag on God! Shake off the criticism of others and receive His blessing. Wear it well because when you honor Him, He will continue to increase and promote you all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have poured out on my life. In humility, I choose to wear my blessings well. I won’t shrink back at the criticism of others; but instead, I will walk with You forward into the life of blessing You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Apr 2019 03:22 #2120 by DrMike
Need a Change?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; and light will shine on your ways” (Job 22:28, NASB)

We all have areas in our lives where we desire to see change; areas we know we need to come up higher or addictions and strongholds we need to break. The good news is that God has given us the power to change! Scripture says that we overcome by the blood of Jesus and the word of our testimony. When we make our words line up with God’s Word, then what we declare will be established in our lives.

So often, we complicate life more than we need to. Our minds get busy trying to “figure” everything out. So many people spend more time analyzing their situation instead of applying God’s Word to their situation! But today, you can activate change in your life by taking five minutes to declare His Word. Don’t live in mediocrity any longer. Let God’s Word shine on your ways and direct your path toward the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and empowering me to become all that You’ve called me to be. Today, I choose to set my heart and mind on You, I choose to declare Your Word and follow Your ways so that I may walk with You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds