Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Apr 2019 07:02 #2121 by DrMike
The Way to Get Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind” (Proverbs 21:5, The Message)

It’s amazing how taking a few minutes at the start of each day to plan and set your thoughts in the right direction can help you get ahead and empower you to accomplish so much more.

But too often, people get so caught up in the activity of life that they tend to just “go with the flow” instead. Of course, I’m not saying we shouldn’t be flexible, but when it comes to your life, you should be the one setting the flow. Of course, unexpected things happen. Our days won’t always go according to plan, but if you’ll take time each day to set your heart and mind in the right direction, you’ll be equipped for whatever comes your way!

Today I encourage you, make plans to start your day right and set your thoughts in the right direction. Put God first place. Let Him guide you and order your steps. Even if it’s just five minutes a day, make spending time with Him a habit. Plan your day with Him because careful planning is the way to get ahead.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now, I dedicate my days to You. I choose to put You first place in everything that I do. Give me the strength to make wise choices and teach me to listen to Your voice always. I bless You and honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2019 02:50 #2122 by DrMike
What Are You Expecting

Today's Scripture

"…Open wide your mouth and I will fill it" (Psalm 81:10, NIV).

"Do you have your mouth open wide today?" In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? Negative thinking closes you to what God wants to do in your life. If you go around thinking, "Well, I don't think I'll ever meet my sales goals this year with the economy like it is"; or "I don't think I'll ever get promoted. I'm not that qualified"; or "I don't think I'll ever get well", then the problem is that your mouth is barely open. But Jesus said, "According to your faith it will be done unto you." He might as well have said, "If you've got a cup, I'll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you've got a bucket, I'll fill you with a bucket level of blessing."

Jesus is saying today, why don't you take the limits off? Why don't you believe for supernatural opportunities? Why don't you go out each day expecting increase and promotion? Expect favor, expect peace, expect joy. If you'll go out each day expecting far-and-beyond favor, if you'll "open wide your mouth", you won't be disappointed. He'll fill your cup until it overflows so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, I come before You today with an open and humble heart, ready to receive all You have for me. Teach me to live a life that is pleasing to You so that I can be an example of Your love in the world around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

29 Apr 2019 03:19 - 01 May 2019 07:02 #2123 by DrMike
Somebody’s Rooting for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1, NIV)

I grew up playing sports, and I’ve experienced the difference it makes to have somebody in the stands pulling for you. When you know they’re watching you, you hear them calling your name, you see their hands up in the air; it does something on the inside. It causes you to jump a little higher and run a little faster. You’ve got a greater determination because you know somebody is rooting for you.

Today, you have a great multitude in heaven cheering you on! They’re saying, “You can do it! You’re a winner! You are well able, strong and equipped. No weapon formed against you shall prosper!”

No matter what difficulty you may be facing, you always have the home field advantage. You are always surrounded by the voice of victory. Let that sink down deep into your heart today. Let it build confidence in you and give you the strength you need to keep moving forward into the abundant, victorious life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, open the eyes of my heart. Help me to see the grand stands of heaven cheering me on. Thank You for instilling confidence, power and grace in me so that I can run my race and finish strong! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Attachments:

30 Apr 2019 03:13 #2124 by DrMike
Your Days are Written

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16, NIV)

Did you know that God has already written out the story of your life? He’s written out plans for your good, plans to prosper you, plans for peace. That doesn’t mean that you won’t go through negative situations. It means that God will use everything you go through to move you forward toward that good plan.

When things happen that we don’t understand, it’s easy to think, “Why did this happen? Why did this friend betray me? Why did this company lay me off? Why didn’t I get that promotion?” But, you can’t let the things you don’t understand keep you stuck on the same page in the story of your life. You have to decide to turn the page so that you can see the victory waiting for you in the next chapter.

If you are facing a difficulty today, know that God’s plan is to turn it around and use it for your good. The story of your life isn’t over! Keep moving forward, keep believing, keep hoping, keep forgiving because your days are written out for good, and it’s time to turn the page and see the blessing He has in store for your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I humbly come to You giving thanks for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that Your plan for me is good, and I choose to turn the page on the past by choosing Your ways. I forgive and release those who have wronged me so I can move forward in the next chapter You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 May 2019 06:37 #2125 by DrMike
Somebody’s Rooting for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1, NIV)

I grew up playing sports, and I’ve experienced the difference it makes to have somebody in the stands pulling for you. When you know they’re watching you, you hear them calling your name, you see their hands up in the air; it does something on the inside. It causes you to jump a little higher and run a little faster. You’ve got a greater determination because you know somebody is rooting for you.

Today, you have a great multitude in heaven cheering you on! They’re saying, “You can do it! You’re a winner! You are well able, strong and equipped. No weapon formed against you shall prosper!”

No matter what difficulty you may be facing, you always have the home field advantage. You are always surrounded by the voice of victory. Let that sink down deep into your heart today. Let it build confidence in you and give you the strength you need to keep moving forward into the abundant, victorious life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, open the eyes of my heart. Help me to see the grand stands of heaven cheering me on. Thank You for instilling confidence, power and grace in me so that I can run my race and finish strong! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 May 2019 03:14 #2126 by DrMike
You Have the Advantage

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...His favor is for a lifetime...” (Psalm 30:5, AMP)

One definition of the word “favor” is an advantage for success. When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor — you have the advantage for success! Even if someone has wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, you need to keep reminding yourself, “I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He’s fighting my battles for me. He is my vindicator, and it’s just a matter of time before things change in my favor.”

I love the scripture in Hebrews that says, “Don’t cast away your confidence.” One translation says, “...for payday is coming.” In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on its way! God is a faithful God. If you’ll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him and expecting His favor, God has promised He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen so you can live the abundant life He has promised to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive everything You have for me. Thank You for restoring and healing every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 May 2019 03:22 #2127 by DrMike
Take Your Life Back

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel like life is out of control. This usually happens when we allow our circumstances to dictate our thoughts and attitudes. You might say, “Well, the economy is wreaking havoc on my business.” Or “This relationship is just too far gone.” But I say, today is the day to take your life back! You can take your life back by choosing to take your thoughts back. Even though we live in this natural realm, as believers, we are not limited by this natural realm. We can tap into God’s power by making every thought line up with the Word of God. Don’t allow your circumstances to control you; instead, meditate on His Word and let His truth set you free!

Today, as you take captive every thought and boldly declare His promises over your life, you are setting yourself up for victory. You are positioning yourself to partake of His blessing. You are taking your life back, and you will live the destiny He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory today. I choose to take my life back by taking captive every thought and submitting it to You. Help me live a life that is pleasing to You, Jesus, today and every day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

06 May 2019 03:19 #2128 by DrMike
Earnest Prayers

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]” (James 5:16b, AMP)

God loves it when you come boldly to Him! When we pray with an attitude of faith and expectancy, it shows that we believe God and His Word and that opens the door for Him to move on our behalf.

Today’s verse tells us that when we pray earnestly and continually that it makes tremendous power available. Think about a little child asking his mother for something he really wants. That child doesn’t just ask once. Or twice. He asks continually! He doesn’t just walk away if he doesn’t get an answer right away. That child builds his case and gives every reason he should get what he is asking for!

Scripture tells us to come to God with the faith of a child. It’s not that we have to beg Him, but our determination is an expression of our faith in His goodness. When we build our case with the Word of God, we are setting ourselves up to partake of His divine blessing. Today, whatever you need, make your requests known to God. Come to Him with the faith of child. Pray earnestly and continually and watch His power work on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I come boldly thanking You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I lift up my heart in faith to You knowing that my earnest prayers open the door for Your power to move on my behalf! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 May 2019 03:27 #2129 by DrMike
In the Midst of the Storms

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike” (Matthew 5:45, NLT)

We all have opportunities to get upset and live stressed out. The storms of life come to every person. No matter how good a person you are, you’re going to have some “rain” in your life. When these storms come, a lot people use their faith to try to control their circumstances. But I’ve found it’s better to use my faith to control myself in the midst of my circumstances. I know that if I can just remain stable in the storms of life and stay in peace, that’s what allows God to act on my behalf.

God never said that we wouldn’t have difficulties, but He did promise we could have peace in the midst of the storms. When you face adversities, one of the most powerful things you can do is simply stay calm. When you are at peace, you are displaying your faith in God. By youractions you’re saying, “God, I know You’re still on the throne. I know You’re bigger than this problem.” So keep peace in the midst of your storms today. Trust that He is working behind the scenes. Keep your heart open to Him because soon He will deliver you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for peace in the midst of the storms of life. I choose to hold my peace knowing that You are working behind the scenes. I trust You, I trust Your timing, and I trust that You are working everything together for my good because You love me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

08 May 2019 07:29 #2130 by DrMike
Receive Grace

Today’s Scripture

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you" (Jeremiah 1:5, ESV)

You are approved by Almighty God! When He created you in His image, He stepped back and stamped His “Made by Almighty God” approval on you. You are the apple of His eye, and His favor surrounds you like a shield. You did not choose God, but He chose you and He is pleased with you—His most precious creation. Notice that verse doesn't say that God approves you as long as you don't have any faults or as long as you don't make any mistakes. No, God approves you unconditionally. No matter how many weaknesses you may think you have today, no matter how many times you fall, you've got to get right back up again and hold your head high. Don't allow the enemy to bring strife into your life by deceiving you into thinking that you are not "good enough." Stand strong in your thoughts about yourself, knowing that not only have you been chosen, but you are approved by Almighty God.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your promise of grace in my life. Thank You for unmerited favor and empowering me through Your Word. I receive Your grace right now and invite Your love to flow through me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.898 seconds