Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Mar 2019 03:16 #2101 by DrMike
Forgive and Move On

Today’s Scripture

"But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions." (Mark 11:26, NASB)

No one promised that life would always be fair. People are imperfect; we make mistakes and bad decisions. You may have been hurt by others in the past, but the important part is how you choose to deal with that hurt. Failing to let go of the past and holding on to grudges and anger can only cause harm in your life. If you want to keep your joy and remove what could become some huge obstacles in your path, decide to forgive others, whether or not they ask for forgiveness. God says His daily forgiveness, in the sense of His daily favor and blessings, is based on your willingness to forgive others. When you forgive, you will find new strength and begin to experience God's explosive blessings!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for Your forgiveness. I know that I don't deserve it, but I praise You for faithfully forgiving me. Help me to clear any roadblocks in my path by forgiving others, even as You forgive me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2019 03:34 #2102 by DrMike
Love Indeed

Today’s Scripture

"But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." (1 John 3:17–18, ESV)

You are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. The Lord wants to bless you today so that you can be a blessing to others. He wants to work through you to show His love and compassion. Notice this verse tells us that love isn't just about our words or thoughts, it's about our actions. Love is about reaching out and meeting the needs of others. Sometimes meeting someone's needs is as simple as a smile or sharing a word of encouragement. There are many ways to show the love of God. Can you pay for someone's gas or groceries? Do you see a need in someone's life that you can meet? Look for ways to put your love into action. The Bible says that it's His kindness that leads people to repentance, and the Lord wants to show His kindness in the earth through you.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for choosing to work through me today. I submit myself and my resources to You. Show me ways to be a blessing to others so that the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

27 Mar 2019 07:40 #2103 by DrMike
Blessings in Sleep

Today’s Scripture

"..for he grants sleep to those he loves." (Psalm 127:2, NIV)

The Lord longs to pour out blessings on you constantly—even when you sleep! Understand that God has His hand on your life even in the midnight hour. He wants to speak to your heart and restore your dreams. He is taking care of those things that concern you. When you cast your cares on Him and trust Him to work out every detail of your life, you'll be able to enjoy that sweet sleep that He has promised. Make the decision today to enjoy the blessing of the Lord as you sleep tonight. Say a prayer before you go to bed and cast your cares on Him. As you allow the Lord to bless and refresh you in sleep, you'll see a tremendous change in your waking hours. You'll be more invigorated, more alert, and full of the blessing of the Lord in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your promise of blessing. I ask that You teach me to receive that blessing even while I sleep. I cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes in my life. Thank You for watching over me and protecting me. Thank You for refreshing me as I sleep tonight. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

28 Mar 2019 14:00 #2104 by DrMike
Faith Comes By Hearing

Today’s Scripture

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Do you want more faith? Well, the good news is that your faith in God can grow and increase. Notice the Scripture doesn't say, "Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time." It's hearing—in the present tense. Sure, God's Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, we need to hear God's principles over and over again before they become active in our lives. The truth of God's Word chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that's been built up over the years. Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Get in the habit of meditating on God’s Word and dwelling on thoughts of faith, victoryand hope. The more you fill your heart and mind with God’s Word, the stronger you will be so you can stand against the powers of darkness.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in Heaven, thank you for Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to you today and ask you to teach me your ways. Give me insight into your Word so that I may know you. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

29 Mar 2019 04:36 #2105 by DrMike
Think On These Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area of your life. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about — things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy. In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Stay on the offensive and choose to think on the right things. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and thinkon the right things. Direct my heart and mind toward what is pure and lovely. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Apr 2019 05:01 #2106 by DrMike
Prolong Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity” (Proverbs 3:1–2, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Today’s verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesn’t say that you will just have a long, drawn out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. That’s why it’s so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We can’t allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfied life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Apr 2019 02:22 #2107 by DrMike
Recognize What You Have

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him” (1 Samuel 17:50, NIV)

So often we focus on what we don’t have, how big our obstacles are, and how bad the economy is. “ I don’t have the connections. I’ve got this problem, but I don’t have anybody to help me. I’ve got this dream, but I don’t have the resources.” No, here is what I’ve learned; everything you need to fulfill your destiny is within reach. God will always use something that’s close to you. It may not look extraordinary, but you have what it takes to fulfill your destiny.

When David faced the giant, Goliath, all he had was a slingshot and five stones. It looked ordinary. He could have thought, “I’m not going to face Goliath. That would be foolish. I don’t have a chance.” No, David knew that with God on his side, those ordinary stones would be exactly what he needed. Sure enough, David defeated Goliath and made history.

Today, remember, victory isn’t about what you have, it’s about God’s anointing on what you have. With God on your side, all things are possible! Focus on Him and what He can do in your life because He has extraordinary things in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me for success and victory in this life. Help me to clearly see the opportunities, connectionsand resources You have ordained for me. I trust that with You, all things are possible. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Apr 2019 10:07 #2108 by DrMike
New Mercy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lamentations 3:22–23, NLT)

Isn’t it good to know that no matter what happened yesterday, no matter what you said, no matter what you did, God’s mercy is new for you today? Mercy is empowering. It frees us to make the right choices and live in a way that is pleasing to God. We have to always remember that God is not condemning us. Romans tells us that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. God wants to love us and equip us to overcome in this life.

Do you need new mercy today? Receive it by faith. You don’t have to beg God to forgive you. He forgives you the first time you ask, but it’s up to you to receive that forgiveness. Open your heart today and receive His mercy. Let Him wash over you with His peace and joy. Then choose to extend that mercy to others. Remember, you are God’s representative in the earth. As you show His love and character to others, He’ll pour out His blessing upon you and use you in ways you never dreamed!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to receive Your mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for cleansing me of all unrighteousness. Thank You for making me new. I love You and bless Your Holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

04 Apr 2019 10:12 #2109 by DrMike
Do Not Be Afraid

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.’ ” (Matthew 1:20, NLT)

Have you ever felt overwhelmed or afraid of what God has called you to do? Maybe you pursued a dream or goal in the past and things didn’t turn out the way you planned. Now you’re uncertain of the future.

In the Bible, Joseph had planned to take Mary as his wife, but when he found out she was pregnant, he didn’t know what to think. He was afraid that he might be making a mistake because things didn’t turn out the way he planned. But God in His graciousness sent an angel in a dream to reassure Joseph that he was on the right path.

Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid. Trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, that He will fulfill your dreams and lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to trust in You. Even when things don’t go the way I planned, I know You are at work in my life. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

05 Apr 2019 06:16 #2110 by DrMike
Make Plans for the Next Victory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day...” (Joshua 14:12, NKJV)

In the Bible, Caleb helped lead the people of Israel into their Promised Land. But scripture tells us that Caleb didn’t just stop there. In fact, when he was 80 years old he said, “God, give me another mountain.” He was saying, “God give me something else to do. Give me another assignment.” Notice, he was planning on living out his life in victory. He could have said, “God, just let me retire. Man, my back’s hurting. I can hardly see anymore. Medicare wouldn’t pay that latest prescription. I’m so aggravated.” No, he was strong. He was energetic; he was ready for the next challenge.

Friend, no matter how old or how young you are, God has another assignment for you. You wouldn’t be here if God didn’t have a purpose for you. I believe that this next year is going to be your best ever. Why don’t you make plans for another victory! Make plans to increase in influence, abundance and favor. Choose today to live full of joy, peace, strength and health and take a step of faith into the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for creating me and giving my life purpose. Help me discover the gifts and talents You’ve placed within me so that I can use them for Your glory. Thank You for another victory in this New Year. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Time to create page: 0.923 seconds