Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 May 2019 08:28 #2131 by DrMike
Guard Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

Your eyes, ears and mouth are all gateways to your heart. What you watch and listen to goes into your heart whether you realize it or not. Similar to a computer, what you allow into your heart programs your thinking and words, which ultimately determines the direction of your life. Indeed, your thoughts determine actions, attitude and self-image. You can guard your heart by being extremely careful about what you watch and listen to. But beyond that, you have to guard your heart against bitterness and bad attitudes. The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. That means your words show where your heart is. Take inventory today of what you are saying, watching and listening to. As you guard your heart and mind, the springs of life within in you will flow freely, and you will live in the abundance the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I submit my mind and heart to You. I choose to guard my heart and ask that You guide and direct my everyday choices. Purify me by Your spirit so that life will flow from me in every area. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2019 03:00 #2132 by DrMike
God's Deep Secrets

Today’s Scripture

The Holy Writings say, "No eye has ever seen or no ear has ever heard or no mind has ever thought of the wonderful things God has made ready for those who love Him." God has shown these things to us through His Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit Who looks into all things, even the secrets of God, and shows them to us." (1 Corinthians 2:9–10, NLV)

Who do you share your deepest secrets with? Most people only share their inner thoughts with those who are closest to them. People they trust. People they’ve gone through experiences with. Do you know who God shares His secrets with? This Scripture says "to us." As believers, God’s Spirit lives inside of us, revealing to us the heart and thoughts of God Himself.

God wants you to know what He thinks about you. He wants you to know about the plans He has for you. He wants to show you things you’ve never seen, heard about or even imagined. You are His child, and you are also His friend. He wants to walk with you, talk with you, and share with you. What a wonderful, amazing thought—we can know God’s thoughts because we are one with Him. Open your heart and allow Him to share His deep secrets with you today.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I am so humbled that You call me friend. I am honored to be connected with You and invite You to share Your heart with me. I surrender all that I am to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

13 May 2019 03:19 #2133 by DrMike
Offer Continually

Today’s Scripture

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name." (Hebrews 13:15, NIV)

What an amazing privilege we have to enter boldly into God's throne of grace through Jesus. We have access to Him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! But notice that today’s verse tells us that we shouldn’t just come to Him any old way. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What do we have to give that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We should always enter His gates with an offering of adoration from our hearts.

Praise isn’t just about singing songs in church. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits the praises of His people! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I do offer You continual praise. I choose to follow Your Word so that You may be glorified through me. Let everything within me honor You in all that I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

14 May 2019 03:02 #2134 by DrMike
Proclaim His Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples." (Psalm 105:1, NASB)

When someone gives you a meaningful or costly gift, how do you show your appreciation? Do you tell them how grateful you are? What do you do with that gift? When it’s something you are truly thankful for, you openly and proudly display the gift. When others see and admire it, you probably tell them where it came from and about the generosity of the giver. In the same way, we should give thanks to the Lord and constantly show our gratefulness and appreciation for all He has done for us by displaying the gifts He’s given us.

We should also display the characteristics of our heavenly Father. We should display His likeness. We should have His eyes, His mouth and His mannerisms, too. We should display love, peace, joy, kindness and hope. We should live our lives in such a way that our very actions declare His greatness and cause others to take notice. Declare His greatness by living a life of gratitude to Him and let the whole world know what He has done for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I commit to You every area of my life—my mind, my will, and my emotions. Reveal to me anything that isn’t pleasing to You. Show me Your ways so that I can walk with You and live righteously in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

15 May 2019 09:23 #2135 by DrMike
Created for Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10, NIV)

It’s easy to go through life thinking that we’re average; we’re ordinary. “There’s nothing special about me. I’m just one of the six billion people on earth.” No, when God created you in His image, He put a part of Himself in you. You could say that you have the DNA of Almighty God. You are destined to do great things, destined to leave your mark on this generation. The truth is, there is nothing average about you; but too many times, we don’t realize who we are. We focus on our weaknesses or what we don’t have. We focus on the mistakes we’ve made or the family from which we’ve come. We end up settling for mediocrity when we were created for greatness!

If you’re going to break out of average, you need to remind yourself every day, “I have the DNA of the Most High God. Greatness is in my genes. I come from a bloodline of champions.” If you’ll have the attitude of a champion, you’ll live the life of a champion and boldly embrace the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for preparing me to do the good works You have prepared. I am not average. I am not ordinary. I am created for greatness, and I belong to Almighty God. Thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name! Amen."

16 May 2019 03:30 #2136 by DrMike
He Anoints Your Head With Oil

Today’s Scripture

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over." (Psalm 23:5, NKJV)

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, oil is used to lubricate it and make it more fluid. That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When He does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go." His anointing makes things easier. For no reason, people will go out of their way to be good to you. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it. Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor in my life today. Thank you for causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Anoint my head with Your oil so that I move forward in the path You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

17 May 2019 07:13 #2137 by DrMike
You Are Somebody's Miracle

Today’s Scripture

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us..." (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

God has an assignment for you that nobody else can fulfill. You are His ambassador or representative. You are a part of His divine plan. You have something to offer that nobody else can offer—your gifts, your smile, your love, your passion. It's easy to get focused on this natural realm and all the things that we need, but do you realize that you are equipped to be somebody else's miracle? Every single day, we have opportunities to show God's love and compassion to others. We can meet their needs, bring them healing, and offer hope and encouragement. Every day, we can sow good seed into the lives of others that will reap an eternal harvest. Today, look for ways to be a blessing to someone else. When you step out and pour into others, God will make sure that others pour into you. Let's continue to work together to bring Him glory and build His kingdom on earth!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me and using me. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Show me ways to be a miracle to others so that my life brings glory to You in Jesus' name. Amen."

20 May 2019 03:32 #2138 by DrMike
Handfuls On Purpose

Today’s Scripture

"And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God." (Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, the Scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.” That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways. We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving.

One day, the owner of the fields, Boaz, told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet. Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose—something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We were just provided for unexpectedly. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my Provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me “handfuls on purpose” today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

21 May 2019 07:39 #2139 by DrMike
The Next Chapter

Today’s Scripture

"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." (Psalm 139:16, NLT)

Did you know that God has already planned out every part of your life from the beginning to the end? He knows every disappointment, every loss, every challenge; and the good news is, your story ends in victory! God has written out a plan to bless and prosper you. Your final chapter concludes with you fulfilling your God-given destiny. Here’s the key: when you go through a disappointment, when you go through a loss, don’t stop on that page in your life.

You have to decide to keep moving forward. There’s another chapter in front of you, but you have to be willing to take the next step. Sometimes, we get so focused on what didn’t work out that we stay stuck, reliving the disappointment. If that’s you, recognize that you’ve been on that page long enough. It’s time to let it go and turn the page to the new chapter God has in store. You may not understand, it may not have been fair, but remember, the next chapter is full of blessing, full of favor, and full of victory! Make the decision to let go of the old so you can move forward into the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the good plan You have for me. Today, I lay aside the disappointments of the past knowing that You haveblessing in store for my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen"

22 May 2019 03:25 #2140 by DrMike
He Makes All Things New

Today’s Scripture

"And He who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new…" (Revelation 21:5, AMPC)

When God puts a dream in your heart, when He puts a promise on the inside, He deposits within you everything you need to accomplish that dream. He wouldn't give you the desire to do something without giving you the ability to fulfill it. In fact, the Scripture tells us that God gives us the desires of our heart. In other words, He puts the desire inside of us and then works with us to bring it to pass. Oftentimes people set out to accomplish their dreams, but they face a setback or disappointment, and then they feel as though their time has passed. But know today that no matter where you've come from, no matter what's happened in your past, God wants to make you new. He wants to give you a "do over," a fresh start. If you feel like you've missed opportunities in your life, if you feel like your time has passed, remember that today is a new day. You are a new person, and God has new opportunities in store for you. If one dream has died, it's time to dream a new dream. He makes all things new in your life today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for making all things new. I give You this day and invite You to have Your way in every area of my life. I choose to receive all the promises You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen"

Time to create page: 0.964 seconds