Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Jun 2019 03:30 #2161 by DrMike
God Is On Your Side

Today’s Scripture

"...If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31, NIV)

As a believer in Jesus and a child of His, God is on your side! If you haven’t thought about it yet today, remember, you are created for greatness. There is no obstacle that can stop you. There is no disadvantage that can hold you back. You’re in the palms of God’s hands, and He has equipped and empowered you. Quit telling yourself, “I’ll always struggle in this area. I’ll never lose this weight. I’ll never get out of debt.” Change your perspective. You are not weak, defeated or inferior. You are full of “can do” power. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you.

God is on your side. Let that sink down into your heart today. Begin to expect His favor. Expect Him to work in your life. Focus on the fact that God has equipped you. He has anointed you. Your best days are still out in front of you! If God is for you, no one can rise against you! As you meditate on this promise, it will become real to you. You will walk in the favor and victory of God!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for being on my side today. Thank You for equipping and empowering me to accomplish everything You’ve called me to. Give me a deeper revelation of Your love for me today so that I can live the abundant life You have prepared for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2019 03:16 #2162 by DrMike
Keep No Record

Today’s Scripture

"…and [love] keeps no record of being wronged." (1 Corinthians 13:5, NLT)

The Bible says that God is love. He doesn’t just have love, He is love. The love we have is an extension of Him. When you invite Jesus to be the Lord of your life, the Bible says that He actually makes His home in your heart. Think about that for a minute. The Creator of the universe, who cannot be contained by anything, chose to make His home on the inside of your heart. That means that perfect love is on the inside of you. First Corinthians 13 tells us what that looks like. When we are walking in God’s love, we are patient. We are kind. Love always forgives. That means choosing to let go of bitterness, hurt and anger. If you have a mental list of all the people who have hurt or offended you, let it go. Let His love work in you and through you today.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for loving and setting me free. Thank You for choosing to live on the inside of my heart. Show me if I am holding on to unforgiveness in any area so that I can forgive and walk in peace and victory today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

24 Jun 2019 03:39 #2163 by DrMike
Just Ask

Today’s Scripture

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, NIV)

Is there an area of your life that you need God’s help in? A lot of times, it’s easy to think that we’re not supposed to ask for too much, but the Scripture encourages us to go to God with all our needs. He longs to give you the desires of your heart and pour out His favor and blessing on you. In fact, the apostle James said, “You have not because you do not ask” (James 4:2). When you step out and ask for God’s favor, His blessings and His increase, you are activating your faith. And when you pray, ask Him to search your heart and mind. See if there is any unforgiveness that is blocking your prayers and affecting your relationship with Him. The other person may have been wrong, they may have hurt you deeply, but there is nothing on this earth that is worth losing your peace with Almighty God. Today, when you pray, choose forgiveness and don’t let anything stand in the way of the good things God has in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I humbly come to You and surrender all that I am. I ask that You pour out Your favor and blessing on me. Show me Your goodness and love and position me to be a greater blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."

25 Jun 2019 03:14 #2164 by DrMike
He Gives Strength

Today’s Scripture

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

Have you ever felt backed into a corner about a particular situation, and you couldn’t see a way out? We’ve all felt trapped and overwhelmed by the circumstances of life at one time or another. Be encouraged today because the Bible says in Isaiah that when you cry to God for help, as soon as He hears, He will answer you! He will give you strength when you are weary and increase your power when you feel weak. No matter what is going on in your life today, God is greater than any obstacle or difficulty you may be facing. Do you need strength today to overcome a challenge in your life? Do you need power to stand strong in the midst of a storm? Call on Him and He will hear you. The answer is on the way while the words are still on your lips! Open your heart and by faith receive His strength and might, and let Him empower you to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. Fill me with Your strength and power today. I give You my whole heart and ask that You remove anything from my life that isn’t pleasing to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

26 Jun 2019 07:24 #2165 by DrMike
It Has A Great Reward

Today’s Scripture

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded." (Hebrews 10:35, NIV)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer to see the answer than you thought? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today, your answer is closer than you think. If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn arrives. You serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today, because your reward is coming.

And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise. While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and it’s closer than you think!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

27 Jun 2019 06:29 #2166 by DrMike
Refuse To Worry!

Today’s Scripture

"And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life?" (Matthew 6:27, AMP)

God doesn't want you to live worried and anxious about anything. He knows that worry is counterproductive. It steals your peace and joy and affects every area of your life, even your sleep! Have you heard the saying, "Don't worry yourself sick?" Yes, worrying will actually make you physically ill. You won't ever gain anything by worrying, in fact it causes you to lose precious moments that you can never live again. The good news is, God has promised to bring you victory over worry. When you make the choice to put an end to worry, God will give you His peace. Decide today to put an end to worry in your life.

Don't feed worry by focusing on bad news all the time. Sure, we should be informed, but we should be most informed of the truth of the Word of God. Choose today to feed your faith and fill your heart and mind with God's promises. Declare every day, "My God shall supply all my needs. He makes a way out of no way. He is a Restorer and Redeemer." As you focus on God's Word, you'll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy. You'll be filled with hope and joy and move forward into the blessings God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I am weary from worrying. Please help me to stop the soundtrack of needless worry that plays over and over again in my head. I want to place my fears and concerns in Your hands and live in peace knowing that You will fulfill all of your precious promises to me."

28 Jun 2019 03:29 #2167 by DrMike
Friend of God

Today’s Scripture

"And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God’s friend." (James 2:23, NIV)

The all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the universe wants to be your friend today. That’s why He created you—first and foremost—to have a loving relationship with you. It’s as simple as opening your heart to Him. If you have faith in God today, then just like Abraham, you are God’s friend. The Bible says that God is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. That means He is faithful. He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. He is with you always. He is mindful of you—that means He is always thinking of you. What an honor and privilege it is to be called God’s friend! Let that sink down into your heart today. The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone in this world, or that no one else understands what you are going through, just say out loud, “I am a friend of God.”

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for being my friend today. Thank You for loving me and for being faithful to me. Help me to understand Your friendship today so that I can be a better friend to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

01 Jul 2019 03:29 #2168 by DrMike
The God Kind of Faith

Today’s Scripture

"And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20, ESV)

Faith is all around us. People have faith in so many different things: faith that a friend will be true, faith that your job is taking you on a certain career path, faith that the chair you are sitting on is going to hold you up! Faith is simply believing in something. But there are different kinds, or levels, of faith. I've discovered two kinds of faith—a delivering faith anda sustaining faith. Delivering faith is when God instantly turns your situation around. When that happens, it's great. But I believe it takes a greater faith and a deeper walk with God to have sustaining faith. Sustaining faith is when God takes you through the difficulty. You are filled with doubt, anxiety, fear, and bitterness. But when you know that God is in control, and even if you go through the difficulty, you know He will take care of you. You can say, "God, I don't care what comes against me, I don't care how long it takes, this thing is not going to defeat me. I know that You love me and gave Yourself for me. As long as You are for me, that's all that matters."

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I humbly open my heart to You. Use me for Your glory and have Your way in my life. I choose to believe in You and invite You to believe through me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

02 Jul 2019 03:16 #2169 by DrMike
The Apple of His Eye

Today’s Scripture

"Keep me [in Your affectionate care, protect me] as the apple of Your eye…" (Psalm 17:8, AMP)

God loves and values you so much today. You are the apple of His eye; you are His most prized possession! In this day and age, people are considered to be important for so many different reasons—titles, position, possessions, where you go, what you drive. But God’s value system is very different from the value system of the world. If you’ve ever thought that God has too many other important things on His plate to be concerned with you and your life, know this today—you are God’s biggest deal. And there’s nothing you can do to be more important or less important.

God values you today simply because He made you, and your value will never change. You are significant. Your life is significant. The things that concern you, concern God. He carefully watches over every detail of your life, and there is nothing too big or too small for His attention. You’re not inconveniencing God by asking for help in your everyday life. God wants to be good to you. He wants to show you His favor in new ways. He’s saying today, “I dare you to ask.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for making me the apple of Your eye. I open my heart to You today and cast every care on You."

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Jul 2019 07:25 #2170 by DrMike
God of the Suddenlies

Today’s Scripture

"I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass." (Isaiah 48:3, NIV)

You may have been dealing with the same problem for ten years. Your situation may look as though it’s never going to change, but in a split second, God can totally resolve it. "Suddenly." You won't expect it. It's out of the ordinary, and it's not small. No matter how long it’s been, no matter what you’re facing, you’ve got to believe that God is full of surprises. One touch of His favor and He can move the wrong people out of your life and move the right people into your life.

One touch of God’s favor and He can take you from having barely enough to having more than enough. You may not see how it’s all going to work out, but you don’t have to figure it all out. God is saying, “You need to get ready. You haven’t seen My explosive blessings. You haven’t seen the surpassing greatness of My favor." Your part is to simply believe; to get up each day in faith, expecting God’s favor. Expect something good to happen to you today. Expect God to surprise you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I come to You, giving You my cares and worries. I believe that You are working behind the scenes and expect You to suddenly turn things in my favor. Thank You for everything You are doing in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.165 seconds