Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Aug 2019 03:35 #2201 by DrMike
New Provision

Today’s Scripture

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

When the people of Israel were in the desert on the way to the Promised Land, God gave them manna to eat. That was good. It sustained them for a while, but it wasn’t permanent provision. Eventually, the manna stopped coming. The people had to move forward, and then God gave them quail. They were so excited. That fed them for a while, but it was also temporary. See, God gave the Israelites temporary provision on the way to the Promised Land where they would have permanent provision. The fact that God had something much greater in store for their future is what kept them moving forward. God could have sustained them with manna or quail, but God is a god of increase. He works in seasons, and He always has something better in store. Don’t get stuck in a rut and think that one way is going to last forever. Instead, stay open and be willing to change, make adjustments, make corrections or try something new. If the “manna” stops coming, don’t get upset. Just keep moving forward and be on the lookout for the new provision God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, You alone are the just and faithful God! Thank You for always providing for me. Thank You for leading and guiding me. I trust that You have good things in store for my future and choose to keep my eyes on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2019 03:12 #2202 by DrMike
Don't Delay

Today’s Scripture

"I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments." (Psalm 119:60, NKJV)

Isn’t it interesting how easy it is to put things off? We plan on doing something. We have good intentions. We just plan to do it later. “One day I’m going to start exercising. One day I’m going to get my finances in order. One day I’m going to forgive that person who hurt me.” The problem with this kind of thinking is that “one day” never comes. There will always be some reason to keep delaying it. Is there something in your heart that you know you need to do? Maybe God has been dealing with you, and you keep putting it off. You think, “As soon as I get through this busy season, I’ll spend more time with my family. As soon as I get a pay raise, I’ll start tithing my income. As soon as my child gets out of diapers, I’m going to get my family back in church.” But friend, good intentions don’t equal obedience. The quicker you do what you feel down in your spirit, the happier you’re going to be. Don’t let unfinished business keep you from God’s best. Step out. Obey His voice and walk in the blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your patience and grace toward me. Search my heart. Show me the way to go. I choose to obey Your voice quickly and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

22 Aug 2019 04:01 #2203 by DrMike
It is Finished

Today’s Scripture

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life…" (2 Peter 1:3, NIV)

It’s easy to get stuck in life thinking you’ve reached your limits. But God wouldn’t have given you a dream without giving you the ability to accomplish it. You have everything you need. Many times the problem is that it’s buried inside. It’s hidden treasure. You have gifts and talents that you’ve not tapped into yet. There is potential that is waiting to be released. When God laid out the plan for your life, He deposited in you the skill, the wisdom, the creativity; everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Now here’s the key: it’s not what you have in you that matters; it’s what you get out. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to tap into that hidden treasure. Now the challenge is, “don’t die with the treasure still on the inside.” You have something to offer this world that nobody else can offer. You are unique, one of a kind. You are anointed to be you. Be confident in who God made you to be, knowing that you have what it takes to step into the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You’ve started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust in You knowing that a shift is coming. I declare that Your will be done in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

Attachments:

26 Aug 2019 04:36 #2204 by DrMike
Only Believe

"But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, "Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well."" (Luke 8:50, NKJV)

In Scripture a man came to Jesus and said, “My little daughter is very sick. She is close to death will You come to my home and pray for her?” Jesus agreed. But along the way, He kept getting stopped, one interruption after another. Finally, word came back to Him saying, “No need to come. You’ve waited too late. The little girl has died.” The people were upset and very distraught. But Jesus said to them, “Don’t be afraid. If you will only believe, the little girl will be well.” Notice the phrase, “Only believe.” This was Jesus’ promise to the father. Jesus went to the home, laid hands on the little girl, and she came back to life.

One of the greatest abilities God has given each of us is our ability to believe. Are you facing a situation that seems impossible? In the natural, you don’t see how you can get well, or how you can overcome the addiction, or how your family can ever be restored? God is saying to you what He said to them, “If you will only believe, I will turn the situation around. If you only believe, breakthroughs are headed your way!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of victory upon my life. Thank You for making a way even when there seems to be no way. I choose to stand in faith. I choose to believe, knowing that You are ready, willing and able to cause me to overcome in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

27 Aug 2019 03:32 #2205 by DrMike
God Is On Your Side

Today’s Scripture

"And in an instant, suddenly, you shall be visited and delivered by the Lord of hosts..." (Isaiah 29:5–6, AMPC)

Throughout the Bible, we have examples of how God suddenly showed Himself strong on behalf of His people. But sometimes when we’ve struggled in an area for a long time, it’s easy to just give up and accept things the way they are. One of the enemy’s favorite lies is to tell you that nothing is ever going to change. He’ll tell you that you’re never going to get well, that your marriage isn’t going to work out, that you’re never going to break that addiction. But it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in those circumstances, God can change things in an instant! In a split second of time, He can turn it all around.One touch of God’s power can heal your body. One touch of His favor can promote you. One touch of His goodness can solve that problem. Just one touch from Almighty God can instantly change your life.

I encourage you today, keep believing, keep standing, and keep hoping. Don’t let the enemy drag your thoughts down because God is working behind the scenes. Your time is coming, and I declare that your breakthrough is going to happen suddenly—in an instant!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I choose to trust that You are working things out for my good. I choose to stand in faith, believing that my season of breakthrough is coming. Give me Your strength and peace as I patiently wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

28 Aug 2019 06:59 #2206 by DrMike
Treasures Deep Within

Today’s Scripture

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels…" (2 Corinthians 4:7, NKJV)

You have many treasures buried deep inside of you—gifts, talents and abilities that you don’t even know about yet. But the greatest treasure within you is the Spirit of God. You carry the treasure of God in an earthen vessel! He’s also deposited treasures on the inside of you that are tied to your purpose. By His Spirit, you will discover that God has fully equipped you for everything you need in this life. We have to draw out those treasures inside of us by what we speak and what we believe. We stir up the gifts by praying in the Spirit. Don’t let those treasures lie dormant. Seek God and follow His leading. Dig deep, stir it up and move forward in the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing to live inside of me. Show me the treasures You have deposited within me so that I can fulfill Your purposes for me all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

29 Aug 2019 04:17 #2207 by DrMike
Consider Your God

Today’s Scripture

"And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body…He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform." (Romans 4:19-21, NKJV)

Abraham, who is known as our father in the faith, had many obstacles coming against the promise of God in his life. God told him that he would be “the father of many nations.” Abraham was over ninety years old before he ever saw that promise begin to come to pass. This Scripture tells us that He didn’t consider his body. He didn’t think and meditate on all the reasons why he couldn’t be the father of many nations. No, he considered and thought about the strength and ability of God! He thought about God’s faithfulness and gave praise and glory to Him. The faith that Abraham exercised opened the door for God to do mighty things in and through Him.

Today, what are you believing God for? Does it seem impossible? Sometimes there’s no logical reason to have hope. There may be many reasons your situation will never work out. Consider your God. Consider His Word. Consider His faithfulness. Just like Abraham, you’ll grow strong in faith as you give glory to God. Trust Him today and experience the victory He has in store for you tomorrow!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and strength at work in my life today. I choose to honor our ability over my circumstance. I choose to trust You and give You praise, honor and glory, now and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

30 Aug 2019 03:46 #2208 by DrMike
Catch The Little Foxes

Today’s Scripture

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." (Song of Solomon 2:15, NIV)

Everyone has opportunities to get upset and be frustrated every single day. Sometimes it’s the little things—we can’t find the car keys, traffic is backed up, somebody was rude, or what should have taken an hour ends up taking four hours. Something happened and now you are frustrated and all bent out of shape. There will always be something that can sour your day, but if you are going to live in victory, you have to maintain the right approach. You can’t let the little foxes spoil the vine. In other words, don’t let the little things in life spoil the harvest God has for your future.

I’ve heard it said, “Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.” Make sure you respond to life with an attitude of faith and expectancy. Sure, things may irritate you, but don’t let that irritation last into the next moment. Let it go. Don’t try to control everything around you. Instead, release it to God knowing that His plans are for your good, and He is leading and guiding you in the path of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to hold on to peace. I won’t let the little things upset me and steal my joy and peace. I choose to trust You and praise You for what You are doing today and in the future of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Attachments:

02 Sep 2019 05:50 #2209 by DrMike
You Are Alive

Today’s Scripture "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins..." (Ephesians 2:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to give us life! Think about that for a minute. You used to be dead in your sins and trespasses. You had no hope. You lived in fear. But once you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you weren’t dead in your sin anymore. You now have hope for the future. You are alive in Christ! God wants you to live life to the fullest today. It doesn’t matter how you may feel or what you are facing, start thanking God for giving you life. Even if He didn’t do another thing for us, giving us eternal life is more than enough reason to praise and thank Him every day. Thank Him for eyes to see and ears to hear. Thank Him for the air that you breathe. Thank Him for loving you and making you alive today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ today. Thank You that I am new. Show me how to live every day to the fullest so that I can enjoy life the way You intended in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

03 Sep 2019 02:43 #2210 by DrMike
He Delivers You From All

Today’s Scripture

"…let them say continually, ‘Let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.’” (Psalm 35:27, NKJV)

In Scripture, the Israelites had been in slavery for many years. That was the land of “Barely Enough.” They were just enduring, surviving, barely making it through. One day God brought them out of slavery and took them into the desert, the land of “Just Enough.” Their needs were supplied, but nothing extra. It says their clothes didn’t wear out for forty years. They were probably grateful, but who really wants to wear the same clothes for forty years?

God eventually took them into the Promised Land, the land of “More Than Enough.” The food and supplies were plenteous. The bundles of grapes were so large that two grown men had to carry them. It’s called “the land flowing with milk and honey.” “Flowing” means it didn’t stop. It never ran out. It continued to haveabundance. That’s where God is taking you.

You may be in the land of “Barely Enough” right now. You don’t know how you’re going to make it. Don’t worry. God hasn’t forgotten about you. He’s leading you to a new land. Just keep following His leading and move forward into the abundance He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for delighting to see me prosper. Thank You for the blessings You have given me and those You have in store for me. Help me to develop a vision for Your abundant life so that I can be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.066 seconds