Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Aug 2019 02:57 #2191 by DrMike
God Is On Your Side

Today’s Scripture

"Let no foul or polluting language...come out of your mouth." (Ephesians 4:29, AMPC)

Your words have the power to pollute or purify. If you constantly complain, you release poison into your life. Complaining is not based on your circumstances, it's based on the attitude of your heart. If you will keep the right attitude during your time of adversity, God will honor you. When you truly trust God, there are times you will have unanswered questions—don't let that keep you from fulfilling your destiny. When you have a heart full of gratitude, it leaves no room for complaining. You can always find something to thank God for no matter what kind of adversity you may face in life. So decide today to live a life of thanksgiving! Don't allow the poison of complaining prevent you from receiving all God has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I believe in the power of the spoken word. When I am tempted to complain or speak negative words today, I will listen to that quiet voice inside me that tells me to hold them back. I will spend a quiet minute meditating on what I have to be thankful for and adjust my attitude so my words today reflect my joy. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2019 06:33 #2192 by DrMike
It is Finished

Today’s Scripture

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life…" (2 Peter 1:3, NIV)

It’s easy to get stuck in life thinking you’ve reached your limits. But God wouldn’t have given you a dream without giving you the ability to accomplish it. You have everything you need. Many times the problem is that it’s buried inside. It’s hidden treasure. You have gifts and talents that you’ve not tapped into yet. There is potential that is waiting to be released. When God laid out the plan for your life, He deposited in you the skill, the wisdom, the creativity; everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Now here’s the key: it’s not what you have in you that matters; it’s what you get out. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to tap into that hidden treasure. Now the challenge is, “don’t die with the treasure still on the inside.” You have something to offer this world that nobody else can offer. You are unique, one of a kind. You are anointed to be you. Be confident in who God made you to be, knowing that you have what it takes to step into the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You’ve started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust in You knowing that a shift is coming. I declare that Your will be done in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Aug 2019 03:09 #2193 by DrMike
Let the Encouragement Flow

Today’s Scripture

Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." (Proverbs 12:25, NLT)

When you see someone who is struggling, a coworker who is discouraged, a friend who is not up to par, how do you respond? Our words can be what keeps a person going; our compliments can put a spring back into their step. Now more than ever, we need to automatically let the encouragement flow. We need to tell others how much we love them, how we value them, and tell them that they are talented and creative. Always remember, with your words you carry life-giving water. You carry hope, healing, encouragement and new beginnings, and you can pour it out everywhere you go.

Today, choose to speak encouragement. Choose to speak victory and faith into others' lives. Instead of telling people what they’re doing wrong, instead of pointing out all their faults, find what they are doing right. Focus on the good. There are already enough critical, judgmental people in the world. Let’s be people who lift up others and restore them. Let’s be the light of Jesus in the world.

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for speaking through me. Thank You for using me to be a blessing to others. Thank You for encouraging my heart as I find ways to encourage the people around me. I love You and bless Your holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

09 Aug 2019 05:00 #2194 by DrMike
Light Will Come

Today’s Scripture

"When darkness overtakes him,light will come bursting in..." (Psalm 112:4, TLB)

Anytime you are going through difficult, dark times, know that God already has a plan to bring you through to victory. When you call on His name, when you surrender your circumstances to Him, that’s when His light will come bursting through the darkness. Notice, it’s not going to trickle in, it’s not going to just barely get there. No, like a flood, like the breaking forth of waters, it’s going to come bursting in!

I believe it means that suddenly, you’re going to get well. Suddenly, you will meet the right person. Suddenly, you’re able to pay your house off. Our attitude should be, “My child may be off course, making poor decisions, but I’m expecting a flood of God’s mercy to bring him back.” Or, “My house has been on the market for a year and still hasn’t sold, but I’m expecting a flood of favor to cause it to stand out and sell.”

In the midst of that difficulty, don’t get discouraged. You’re in a prime position to see a flood of God’s goodness. Keep praising Him. Keep thanking Him and stay in faith because His light will break through the darkness!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for leading and guiding me. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I choose to trust You even in the difficult times knowing that You are preparing me for the promises in my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

12 Aug 2019 03:14 #2195 by DrMike
Preparing for the Promise

Today’s Scripture

...Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear." (Psalm 10:17, NKJV)

In the Scripture, it says that God didn’t lead the Israelites by the shortest route to the Promised Land. He took them the long way on purpose because they were not prepared for war. God knew that if He would have taken them into the land too quickly, they would have been easily defeated. Their enemies were much bigger and much more experienced. So on purpose, God took them a longer route to protect them and strengthen them so that they could fulfill their destiny.

I’m sure they prayed many times, “God, we’re uncomfortable out here in the desert. Where’s our Promised Land?” But God didn’t answer that prayer, not because He was trying to make their lives miserable, but because He knew what was up in front of them. He had to prepare them to step into the fullness of their destiny.

In the same way, God has already laid out the plan for your life. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. If you are in a difficult situation that’s taking longer than you hoped, know that God is preparing you. He is strengthening you. Stay in faith and keep praising Him as you move forward into the Promised Land He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for leading and guiding me. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I choose to trust You even in the difficult times knowing that You are preparing me for the promises in my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

13 Aug 2019 04:19 #2196 by DrMike
You Were Born To Win

Today’s Scripture

"...If God is for us, who is against us?" (Romans 8:31, NASB)

The Bible says that we are more than conquerors through Christ. It doesn’t say that we will be more than conquerors when we grow stronger, get older or achieve some super-spiritual level. Scripture says we are more than conquerors right now. Rise up and see yourself as a champion in Him! You can be and will be victorious through Him. The problems that so often intimidate and defeat many people won't have a firm hold on you when you're walking with Christ and have the joy of the Lord! When you walk with Christ, strength and victory are yours through Him. Here's something to remember today: if Christ is on your side, it doesn't really matter who is against you! The opponents you face don't really matter and don't amount to much. Friend, take another look at your life today. You are a friend of God! No matter what you may face or who may seem against you, let this truth anchor deep within you—God is for you. Now go out in joy and make a difference for Him today, knowing who is on your side!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I know thatYou are on my side and that the other side doesn't matter. Please give me the strength to stand against the giants that intimidate others. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Attachments:

14 Aug 2019 07:56 #2197 by DrMike
What Can God Do Through You?

Today’s Scripture

..."The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!" (Judges 6:12, NKJV)

Many people feel inadequate to do anything for God. But God doesn’t see you as inadequate. He sees you as complete, lacking nothing in Him! In the Scripture, Gideon was hiding out from his enemies. He was afraid and didn’t feel equipped to do what God called him to do. Gideon was focused on his circumstances and his limitations, but God was focused on what He could do through Gideon. Gideon felt weak; God saw him as strong. Gideon felt unqualified; God saw him as competent to do the job. Gideon felt insecure and full of fear; God saw him as fearless and full of boldness. Sure enough, when Gideon obeyed God, against all odds, he ended in victory!

You may feel that you’re average. You may think you’re ordinary, but God sees you as a champion. He believes in you and regards you as a strong, courageous, successful, overcoming person. You may not see yourself that way, but that doesn’t change God’s image of you. God still sees you exactly as His Word describes you. Dare to start seeing yourself as God sees you—as a victor!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for giving me a spirit of boldness. Thank You for giving me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. I yield myself to You. I yield my heart, my mind and my whole being. Have Your way in me and lead me into Your victory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

15 Aug 2019 03:21 #2198 by DrMike
Enter with This

Today’s Scripture

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name." (Psalm 100:4, NKJV)

What an amazing privilege we have to enter boldly into God’s presence. Scripture says that we can come to His throne of grace and receive His mercy. Because He loves us, He has given us unlimited access to Himself 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. But notice that today’s verse tells us that we shouldn’t just come any old way to God. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What can we bring? What do we have that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We are to enter His gates with an offering from our hearts of adoration because He is worthy!

Praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to Father God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits our praises! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You today with thanksgiving in my heart. I enter into Your courts with praise. Today I declare that You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! Have Your way in me by the power of Your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

16 Aug 2019 07:18 #2199 by DrMike
The Gracious Hand of God

Today’s Scripture

The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day." (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

No matter what is happening in your life today, you have a reason to be excited about your future! If things seem dark right now, know that the dawn will soon appear. The key is to remember that you are not here by accident. You have a purpose and destiny from God to fulfill, and He's not finished with you yet. Your best days are not behind you; your best days are out in front of you. God is a God of increase. He has greater things in store for your future than you have experienced in your past. His dream for your future is so much bigger than your own. He wants to take you places you’ve never dreamed and open doors you’ve never imagined. He wants to bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had. He wants to increase you and cause you to be a greater blessing to the people around you. Today, get your hopes up and get excited about your future! Begin to thank Him for what He has in store. Keep standing, keep believing and keep moving forward because God has explosive blessings in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I trust that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to keep my eyes on You no matter what’s happening in my circumstances. I know that you are faithful, and I receive the blessings that You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

19 Aug 2019 04:35 #2200 by DrMike
A Flood is Coming

Today’s Scripture

...He sends forth [rains], and they overwhelm the land or transform it." (Job 12:15, AMPC)

Sometimes on the news, the weather person will announce that we’re under a Flash Flood Warning. That means conditions are ripe for possible flooding. Water could get out of its normal boundaries. It could overflow and increase in such a way that drainage and bayous are overwhelmed. Just like that weatherperson, I’m here to announce that you’re under a Flash Flood Warning today. Conditions are just right. You’ve honored God. You’ve been faithful. You’ve passed the test. Now God is saying, “There’s about to be a flood of My goodness, a flood of new opportunity, a flood of healing, a flood of goodness that breaks to where you are overwhelmed with My favor. It’s beyond your expectations. It puts you into overflow.” Today, get ready! Get your expectancy up. Be on the lookout for His goodness because a flood of favor is coming your way. When God opens up the floodgates of His divine power, nothing can stop it!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for flooding me with Your goodness, favor and mercy. I set my heart and mind on You today, and I’m ready to receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.047 seconds