Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Sep 2019 06:17 #2211 by DrMike
Love Much

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little." (Luke 7:47, AMP)

Did you know that forgiveness opens the door for love to operate in your life? In this Scripture passage, Jesus was at a Pharisee’s house when “a certain immoral woman” came in and poured a jar of expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet and began to wash them with her tears and her hair. The religious leaders were shocked that Jesus would allow this “sinner” to touch Him. But she knew she was forgiven. When she received Christ’s forgiveness, love was the automatic response. She was forgiven of much, and she loved and longed to please Him.

Do you want more love in your life? Do you want to feel more of God’s love and have stronger relationships with the people around you? Open your heart to forgiveness. Receive Christ’s forgiveness and extend it to others. When you are forgiven much, you will love much. As Christ’s love flows through you, your faith will be strengthened, your hope will be renewed, and you will be empowered to live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your forgiveness which opens the door for Your love to flow through me. Show me Your love and help me to be a light and example of love everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2019 03:28 #2212 by DrMike
He Will Increase Your Strength

"He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]." (Isaiah 40:29, AMPC)

In the Scripture, Joseph went through seasons of difficulty. He was rejected by his family, sold into slavery, lied about, mistreated, abandoned, falsely accused of a crime and thrown in prison. But through it all, Joseph never gave up. He kept pressing through and doing the right thing even though the wrong thing kept happening. Psalm 105:18 tells us that as Joseph lay in prison in those chains of iron, his soul entered into that iron. In that prison, Joseph developed supernatural strength,a perseverance that no one could take away. There are some lessons you can only learn in the dark places.

If you are going through difficulty today, God wants to increase your strength. He wants to increase your power to overcome. He wants to make your inner man as strong as steel. When you keep standing, keep believing and keep doing the right thing, you are opening yourself to God’s supernatural strength. That’s when you know you are growing in Him. Be strong today. Keep pressing forward because God is at work increasing strength in you so that you can live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I surrender every difficulty to You. I release the questions, hurts and frustrations. I choose to trust You and do the right thing. Increase Your strength in me so that I can live in the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Sep 2019 07:36 #2213 by DrMike
Switch Over To The Victory Channel

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." (Philippians 4:8, NKJV)

It’s interesting that our mind will naturally gravitate toward the negative. One study showed how positive and negative memories are handled by different parts of the brain. A negative memory takes up more space because there’s more to process. As a result, we will remember the negative more than the positive. For example, a person will remember losing fifty dollars more than they will remember gaining fifty dollars.

Knowing this, we have to be proactive with our thoughts. When negative memories come back to the movie screen of the mind, many people pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them all over again. No, the point is that’s not the only channel. There’s another movie playing on a channel that’s filled with your accomplishments and victories.

Instead of staying on that negative channel, switch over to your victory channel. You’re not going to move forward into the new things God has in store if you’re always replaying the negative things that have happened to you. Instead, learn to change the channel. Meditate on victory and move forward in the victory and blessing God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to set my focus on what You’ve done in my life. I choose to change the channel in my mind from defeat to victory. I set my thoughts on Your love and thank You for Your blessing in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Attachments:

09 Sep 2019 03:26 #2214 by DrMike
Staying Rock Solid

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." (Matthew 7:24, NIV)

When we have rock-solid faith, we won’t be moved by what’s happening around us. We have peace in our hearts and minds because our hope is in God. We have an attitude that says, “I’m not moved by this medical report. I respect and honor people who are trying to help me, but I know God can do what medical science cannot do. God made my body.” “I’m not moved by the economy, the stock market or my job situation. I know God supplies all my needs. He promised He would prosper me even in a recession.” “I’m not moved by how my children are acting. I’m not stressed out because they’re off course, making poor choices. I know it’s only a matter of time. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Friend, that’s unshakable faith. That’s building your house on a rock-solid foundation. When the storms of life come, you won’t be moved. How do you stay rock solid? By meditating on the Word of God and following His commands. It’s that simple. Instead of making your circumstances the focus, you make God the focus and stand strong and secure in Him! Today, make spending time with God your number one priority and learn to stay rock-solid in Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to hide Your Word in my heart. I choose to meditate on Your promises. I know that You are faithful to Your Word and thank You for rock-solid faith as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

10 Sep 2019 03:38 #2215 by DrMike
Whom Shall I Fear?

Today’s Scripture

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1, NKJV)

With God on your side, there is nothing to be afraid of. There is a force in you that is more powerful than any opposition. No matter how big that enemy looks, greater is He that is in you than anything that comes against you. Refuse to give up, refuse to fall into fear, refuse to let it overwhelm you. When you have this warrior mentality, this “I can handle it” attitude, all the forces of darkness cannot keep you from your destiny.

Remember, the enemy doesn’t have the final say; God has the final say. And when you put your faith and trust in Him, He says, “I will always cause you to triumph.” Be strong and be of good courage. Keep God first place in your life and move forward in confidence knowing that He is working things out for your good.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to put my trust in You, my light and salvation. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

11 Sep 2019 16:28 #2216 by DrMike
Whosesoever

Today’s Scripture

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NIV)

When God sent His Son, Jesus, to the earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can come to Him and become a child of His and have everlasting life! He didn’t just come to save certain kinds of people. He didn’t have a bunch of rules and conditions for salvation. Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be holy enough to go into the temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around the presence of God. And even then, their sins weren't washed away; they were only covered up. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. His blood didn’t just cover up our sins; His blood washes us clean! Now, instead of just going to the temple to be near God, the Scripture says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside us. Do you receive Him today? If you’ve never asked Him to come into your life, there’s no better time than right now.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus so that I can be free. Thank You for opening the door to eternal life. I accept the sacrifice Jesus paid. Come into my heart. Be my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

12 Sep 2019 03:19 #2217 by DrMike
The Great Exchange

Today’s Scripture

"Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing." (2 Corinthians 5:21, NIV)

If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you are the righteousness of God. That means you are one with Him and an extension of His virtue. You are approved by Him. You are in right standing with Him. You belong to Him.”

Not only did Jesus pay for the punishment for your sins,the Scripture says He actually became sin. He took sin upon Himself and into His being so that you could take God’s righteousness upon yourself and into your being. It’s the great exchange.

Today, don’t let the enemy hold you back by making you feel guilty or condemned. You are not who you used to be; you are the righteousness of God in Christ! First John 1:9 says that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If there is anything in your life that is holding you back today, confess it to God. Let Him cleanse you and make you new. Remember, He paid a precious price so that you could be His righteousness. Meditate on this truth and let Him set you free!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for cleansing me and making me new. Thank You for making me the righteousness of God in Christ. Help me to fully understand this so I can walk in the fullness of the blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

26 Sep 2019 06:13 #2218 by DrMike
A Mark of Honor

Today’s Scripture

"It is an honor for a man to cease from strife…" (Proverbs 20:3, AMPC)

If we realized the destructive force that strife is, we would be more careful to not allow it into our relationships. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and can then escalate into something much bigger. When we let our guard down and say things that are disrespectful, hurtful or demeaning, we’re not just damaging our relationship, we’re inviting the destructive spirit of strife into that relationship. But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably and honoring God. How do you avoid strife?

The Bible tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love stops strife. It means that you give people the benefit of the doubt. You consider what they may be going through instead of focusing on how they reacted to you. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient and kind to them. Look for ways to walk in peace with the people in your life and put an end to strife!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of victory in my life. Give me the wisdom and courage I need to walk away from strife so I can focus on the destiny You have prepared for me. I love You and bless You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

27 Sep 2019 06:34 #2219 by DrMike
Forget What Lies Behind

Today’s Scripture

"...But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead." (Philippians 3:13, ESV)

Many people don’t fully understand what it means to forget the past. One definition of the word "forget" is "to disregard intentionally, or to overlook." You have to intentionally disregard your past so that it doesn’t keep you from moving forward. That means the good and the bad. If we’re not careful, even our past victories can keep us from rising higher if we get too comfortable where we are. God wants to take us from glory to glory, but if we don’t let go of the old, we’ll never be able to embrace the new. It’s time to forget what lies behind. Put it away once and for all. When you release it, it’s an act of your faith. Focus all your energy on moving forward. Trust that God has new levels of victory, peace andfavor. Trust that He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. As you forget what lies behind and press forward, you will see the abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in Heaven, I choose to forget the past today. I don’t want anything to hold me back from the future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me, by Your Spirit, to press forward in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

30 Sep 2019 06:15 #2220 by DrMike
It Is Finished

Today’s Scripture

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." (Philippians 1:6, NLT)

At that moment when Jesus spoke the words on the cross, “It is finished,” it certainly looked like the end. It looked as though it was over. But maybe that wasn’t just a statement of fact; it was a statement of faith. He was saying to His Father, “I’ve done my part. I’ve fulfilled My destiny. Now, I have total trust and confidence that You are going to finish what You started through Me.” Even though it looked like the end, in reality, it was only the beginning.

When it looks dark in your life, when things aren’t going your way, dare to make that declaration of faith just like Jesus, “It is finished.” What you’re really saying is, “God, I know You are going to finish what You’ve begun in my life. You are going to turn things around. I know that You are giving me the breaks that I need. Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!” Always remember to speak victory over your circumstances because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You’ve started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust and hope in You knowing that You are working behind the scenes to bring victory to every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.974 seconds