Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Nov 2019 03:24 #2251 by DrMike
Empowered By His Presence

Today’s Scripture

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus..." (Acts 4:13, NKJV)

God wants to empower and strengthen you to overcome every obstacle in this life. He wants to give you confidence, wisdom and boldness to pursue the dreams and desires in your heart. He wants to give you supernatural insight so that you can be a witness of His goodness. In the Scripture, Peter and John were supernaturally equipped. Everyone around them marveled at their boldness, at their ability. They knew Peter and John didn’t have any formal training. They knew there wasn’t anything special about them.

This power and wisdom could have only come from one place—the presence of Jesus. Friend, when you spend time with Jesus, people will see it. You’ll be energized by His anointing and equipped by His grace. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to be in His presence. No matter where you are, His presence is only a prayer away. Scripture says He is near to all who call upon His name. It says that He inhabits the praises of His people. Make your relationship with Him your number one priority and be empowered by His presence each and every day!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I humbly come before You giving You all that I am. I surrender every area of my life to You and invite You to have Your way in my heart. Empower me with Your love as I daily set my focus on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2019 03:32 #2252 by DrMike
Don't Give Up

Today’s Scripture

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones..." (Proverbs 17:22, ESV)

Throughout life, there will always be something that will try to take our joy. If it’s not a grumpy sales-person, it’s a family member aggravating you, traffic is backed up, your flight got delayed, or your spouse is taking too long! Don’t go the next twenty years allowing the same people and same circumstances to frustrate you. Change your approach. What’s upsetting you now doesn’t have to upset you anymore.

You can choose to keep your cool and stay calm and steady. Remember, a relaxed attitude is going to lengthen your life. The next time you’re tempted to be upset, ask yourself, “Is this really worth me giving up my joy?” If you’ll make the decision to not give away your joy but live each day happy, God promises you’ll be strong, you’ll have better relationships, and you’ll accomplish more. He says a joyful heart is good medicine! Hold on to your joy and move forward into the abundant life God has in store!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I will hold on to joy! I choose to live each day with peace and happiness. I choose to rely on Your strength and Your Word which guides my every step. I love You and thank You for loving and directing me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

20 Nov 2019 03:33 #2253 by DrMike
Delivered From All

Today’s Scripture

"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them..." (2 Kings 6:16, NIV)

Everyone has times when they feel overwhelmed or "outnumbered" by the things that are coming against them. You may have heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours." For example, just about the time the air conditioner needs repair in your house, the transmission goes out in your car. It seems like one thing happens after another. It may feel as if all the forces of darkness are coming against you. When it feels as though you’re far behind, outnumbered, outsized and outclassed, instead of being discouraged, have a new perspective.

The Scripture promises that with God on your side, you have all the resources you need to have complete victory. You are never outnumbered because the Greater One lives in you! It's like when you're expecting someone for dinner; you don't wait until they show up before you decide to start cooking. Most likely you start early in the day. You make sure the house is clean, you go to the grocery store, and maybe buy some flowers for the table. You make preparations because you're expecting someone. Well, that's the attitude we need to have while we're waiting for God's promises to come to pass. As you put actions behind your prayers, your faith comes alive and opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for Your peace even in the midst of the storms of life. I know that You are with me, and I can stand strong because You will lead me into victory all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

21 Nov 2019 03:35 #2254 by DrMike
Who You Are

Today’s Scripture

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light..." (1 Peter 2:9, NKJV)

Today, many people are walking around not knowing who they really are—not naturally speaking, of course, but spiritually speaking. Once you receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you take on a new identity—His identity. Everything He is, you become. Because Jesus is an overcomer, you are an overcomer (1 John 4:4). Because Jesus is more than a conqueror, you are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). You become empowered to do all things through Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13)! Let these words sink down deep in your heart today. Realize that because of Jesus, there is greatness inside you. As you study and meditate on the Word of God, you will realize your true potential. You’ll discover who you really are so you can live the good life to which He has called you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for loving me and calling me according to Your purposes. I receive Your promises. I receive Your truth. I let go of the old and receive the blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

22 Nov 2019 03:25 #2255 by DrMike
Divine Interruptions

Today’s Scripture

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight..." (Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV)

We all have times when our plans don't work out. We get delayed, interrupted and inconvenienced. It's easy to get frustrated and fight against everything that doesn't go our way. But not every interruption is bad. Every closed door doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Every delay doesn't mean you're not where you're supposed to be. God sees the big picture for your life. God knows where every road is leading. He knows the dead ends and shortcuts. A big part of faith is trusting God when you don’t understand why things happen the way they do.

God may close a door because you’re believing too small. If He opened the door, it would limit what He wants to do in your life. An interruption may come because it’s not the right time, or there are other people involved and they’re not ready yet. Sometimes God will allow us to be inconvenienced so we can help someone else in need. We have to be willing to press through difficulty so we can be at the right place at the right time. The next time you're interrupted, delayed or inconvenienced, don't start thinking, "This is a pain. This is getting me off schedule." No, get a new perspective. Look for what God wants to do because it could be divine interruption or divine protection. Trust Him today because He is directing your steps.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions to You. Use me for Your glory today and teach me to discern Your ways in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

25 Nov 2019 05:51 #2256 by DrMike
Choose to Enjoy Life

Today’s Scripture

"...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]..." (John 10:10 AMP)

A seventeenth-century monk named Brother Lawrence found the answer to enjoying the nitty-gritty of everyday life. He was a humble cook in a French monastery, but he authored a book entitled, "Practicing the Presence of God." In it he explained how he was able to turn even the most commonplace and menial tasks, such as preparing meals and washing dishes, into acts of praise and communion with God. The key, he wrote, was not to change what you do, but to change your attitude toward what you do. When you begin doing these tasks, realize that you are doing them for God. Use it as an opportunity to worship Him through acts of service.

When you do, you will discover pleasure even in taking out the trash. So don't let the enemy deceive you into thinking that you must get away from your daily routine in order to truly enjoy life. Don't wait for your next vacation—enjoy today and every day as a gift from God. Enjoy getting up and eating breakfast. Enjoy going to work. Enjoy mowing the lawn. Enjoy going to the grocery store. Enjoy washing the dishes. You have to do these things anyway—why not choose to enjoy them? When you do, you will go through life with a smile on your face, a spring in your step, and enjoy the abundant, overflowing life of victory that God has in store for you.!

A Prayer for Today

"God, what an amazing and blessed day this will be when I choose to tackle every task with joy and thanksgiving. As I go through my to-do list, I will do so knowing that every day is a gift and I am happy to accept it from my Father in Heaven. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878 I will be out of town until the end of the week, the COFA tips will resume on Monday December 2nd, have a blessed Thanksgiving. I am thankful for each one of you!
Attachments:

02 Dec 2019 08:43 #2257 by DrMike
By the Breath of God

Today’s Scripture

"Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord Almighty." (Zechariah 4:6, NIV)

In the original Hebrew, the word “spirit” in today’s verse literally means “breath.” This Scripture is saying that the breakthroughs that are coming in our lives are not going to happen just by our talent, our connections or who we know. It’s going to happen because God breathes in our direction. God will shift the winds that blow healing, promotion and restoration our way. How are you going to get well? The medical report may say it’s impossible, but when God breathes on you, health, wholeness and restoration are headed toward you.

How are you going to accomplish your dreams? You may not know the right people or have enough money or feel as though you have the talent. No, God is breathing and sending ideas, resources and the right connections your direction. If you will stay faithful and keep honoring and obeying God, suddenly, things will change. Suddenly, you will come into abundance. Suddenly, your child will turn around. Suddenly, you will get well. Suddenly, the breath of God will shift things in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for breathing in my direction. Thank You for restoring life, peace, health and wholeness to my body and mind. I bless You today and receive the supernatural shifts You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

03 Dec 2019 03:25 #2258 by DrMike
Call Out Seeds of Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"...God…calls those things which do not exist as though they did." (Romans 4:17, NKJV)

Very often, we see potential in other people that they haven’t see in themselves. When you speak vision into them, when you tell them what they can become, you can help set the direction for their life. Your words have the power to push people into their divine destiny. I believe that the reason some people are not living at their full potential is because no one has ever spoken faith into them. No one has taken the time to say, “Hey, you’re great at this. You have a gift here.

You’re going to do something amazing!” I believe that one of our assignments in life is to call out the seeds of greatness in other people. Look around at who God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. Take time to study them. See what they’re good at. What are their gifts? What do they excel at? Don’t just think about it, speak vision into them. Tell them what they can become. Let your encouragement ignite the greatness on the inside. Help them rise up in confidence so they can be all God has called them to be!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life. I choose to be faithful, to speak life and call forth the greatness in them. Thank You for bringing me to new levels as I help others rise higher, too, in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

04 Dec 2019 03:17 #2259 by DrMike
Breaking Strongholds

Today’s Scripture

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10:4, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that there is a battle going on in our minds. Our thoughts dictate our actions. That’s why the enemy will do everything he can to get you thinking in the wrong direction. Sometimes it’s not our own thoughts that are holding us back; sometimes it’s that we’ve believed the negative things that other people have spoken over us. Those words are like seeds. If you dwell on them long enough, they’ll take root and become a reality. In life, there will always be people telling you what cannot be done, speaking negative things.

Too often we latch on to those negative words and develop what the Scripture calls a “stronghold.” It’s a wrong thinking pattern that keeps us imprisoned in defeat and keeps us from God’s best. The way you break those negative strongholds is by rejecting the lie and embracing the truth of God’s Word. In other words, you have to choose to delete that negative file in your mind. Today, why don’t you take inventory of your thought life? Ask yourself, “Where did these thoughts come from? Do they line up with what God says about me?” Break the negative strongholds and embrace God’s truth so you can be all that God has called you to be!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to reject negative thoughts. I choose to reject lies from the past. I break every stronghold through the power of Your Word and embrace Your truth which sets me free in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

05 Dec 2019 03:24 #2260 by DrMike
Yes and Amen

Today’s Scripture

"For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." (2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)

Have you thought about the fact that God has already said “yes” to His promises in your life? You don’t have to beg God to be good to you. You don’t have to plead with Him to help you. God wants to help you. He wants to pour out His abundant blessing on your life. The Scripture says His promises are “yes and amen.” "Amen" means “so be it.” In other words, it’s a done deal. All you have to do is make sure you are living up to your end of the bargain.

God’s love is unconditional, but we have to obey His commands in order to see His promises come to pass. For example, Malachi 3:10 says that we have to bring our tithe to Him in order to see the windows of heaven open. It says in Deuteronomy 5 that we are to honor our parents in order to live a long life. The good news is that when we surrender our hearts to Him, He empowers us to fulfill every one of His commands. He equips us for every good work because He wants to see us live a blessed life. That’s why His promises are “yes and amen”!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I believe that You have a good plan to pour out Your blessing and favor on me. Give me strength to obey Your commands and honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.870 seconds