Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Oct 2019 06:07 #2231 by DrMike
Anointed to Be You

Today’s Scripture

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well..." (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

Did you know that when you compare yourself to others or wish you were like someone else, it’s like saying God just didn’t do a good job? It’s actually like saying, “God, why did You make me sub par? Why did You make me less than?” Realize that God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. You are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!

Today, let your attitude be, “I may not look like someone else or have the job that someone else has, but that’s okay. Nobody will ever be a better me. I’m anointed to be me. I’m equipped to be me!” Remember, it’s easy to be yourself and to do what you are equipped to do. Don’t fall into the trap of trying to be like someone else. Accept who God made you to be and embrace the good things He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me. Thank You for equipping me to fulfill my destiny. Today I choose to focus on what You’ve placed in my hand knowing that as I am faithful to You, You will direct my steps. I bless You and praise You for who You are in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2019 03:39 #2232 by DrMike
Your Exceptional Future

Today’s Scripture

"But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day..." (Proverbs 4:18, AMPC)

We all face challenges. We all have obstacles to overcome. But if we can keep the right perspective, it will help us stay in faith so that we can move forward into victory. You may feel right now as though the challenges you face are too big or too overwhelming. One thing I’ve learned is that average people have average problems. Ordinary people have ordinary challenges. But remember, you’re not average. You’re not ordinary. You are extraordinary. God breathed His life into you. You are exceptional, and exceptional people face exceptional difficulties.

But the good news is that we serve an exceptional God! When you have an extraordinary problem, instead of being discouraged, be encouraged, knowing that you’re an extraordinary person, and you have an extraordinary future. Your path is shining brighter and brighter because of your extraordinary God! Be encouraged today because your life is on an extraordinary path. Keep standing in faith, keep declaring victory, keep declaring the promises of God over your life because you have an exceptional future!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I lift my eyes to You. I know that You are the One who helps me and has given me an extraordinary future. I choose to stand in faith that you knowing have a wonderful plan in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Oct 2019 03:53 #2233 by DrMike
COFA Tips will resume on Friday October 25th, COFA is in the field the next several days

A Lifetime of Favor

Today’s Scripture

"Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime..." (Psalm 30:4-5, NIV)

Let this truth sink down into your spirit today: God’s favor is not for a season; it’s for a lifetime. How do we obtain God’s favor? Proverbs 3 tells us that when we honor His Word, when we obey His commands and walk in mercy and truth, that’s how we find favor in God’s sight. When we do our part, God will do His part. Today, if you are believing God for something, maybe a turnaround in a relationship, career or your health, stand firm that God’s Word is true. When you put Him first place in your life, when you follow His commands, He promises to pour out His favor on you. When those thoughts try to tell you, “It’s not going to happen. It’s too good to be true,” turn it around and say, “Father, I want to thank You for Your favor on my life, on my children, on my career, on my future. I am Your child, and I know it’s not temporary. It’s not seasonal. It doesn’t come and go. Thank You, God, for a lifetime of favor!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to honor You in all I do. I choose to acknowledge Your ways. Thank You for pouring at Your favor and blessing on me as I boldly follow Your commands in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

24 Oct 2019 10:10 #2234 by DrMike
His Timing

Today’s Scripture

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart..." (Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

I’d love to tell you that if you stay in faith, if you believe, God will always answer your prayer within twenty-four hours, or at least within the first week. But we know that’s not reality. God promises He will be true to His Word, but He never puts a timeframe on it. In fact, He tells us that we need patience to see the promises come to pass. Sure, it would be a lot easier if God told us when we were going to get well, when we would meet the right person, or when our child would straighten up. But the truth is, that wouldn’t take any faith.

It takes faith to say, “God, I don’t know when You are going to do it, but I trust You enough to believe that You will do it, that the answer is already in my future.” Today and every day let this be your prayer: “God, give me the grace to accept Your timing.” That means you’re asking for God’s strength, His supernatural empowerment to stand strong while you are waiting. Choose to keep believing, choose to praise Him, and choose to accept His timing, whether it’s twenty minutes or twenty years, knowing that what God promised He will bring to pass.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of favor, blessing and mercy on my life. You are good and faithful. Because of that I trust You. I trust Your love, and I trust Your timing in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

25 Oct 2019 07:31 #2235 by DrMike
Kindness and Goodness

Today’s Scripture

"See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek that which is good for one another and for all people..." (1 Thessalonians 5:15, AMP)

In Galatians 5, the Scripture talks about the nine fruits of the Spirit or the spiritual qualities that manifest in our lives when we allow Him to work in us. The more we invite God to move in our hearts and follow His Word, the more those characteristics will manifest in us.

Kindness and goodness are two of those fruits of the Spirit. The Scripture tells us that His kindness leads people to repentance. In other words, kindness advances the kingdom of God. The more kindness and goodness we show other people, the more we are acting like God. The Bible also tells us that what we sow, we shall reap. When we seek to do good to others, we will reap goodness in our own lives in return.

Today, look for ways to show kindness and goodness to the people around you, even when they aren’t kind to you. Don’t repay evil for evil. Take the high road. Bless those who wrongfully use you. Seek to do good, show kindness, and you will see it come back as a blessing in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for displaying Your character through me. I choose to show kindness and goodness so that I can honor You with my thoughts, words and actions all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

28 Oct 2019 06:51 #2236 by DrMike
Angels Move On Your Behalf

Today’s Scripture

"Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word..." (Psalm 103:20, NIV)

Did you know that when you speak words of faith, angels are dispatched to move on your behalf? The Scripture tells us that God gives His angels charge over us. That means, when God hears you declaring His Word, He says to the angels, “Do you hear My child speaking words of faith? He believes I can do great things. Angels, I have an assignment for you. Go to work and begin to turn the situation around.” And the angels obey His Word!

If we could pull back the curtain on the unseen realm, we would see a host of angels and heavenly beings watching over us. That’s why it’s so important to guard what we say because with our words, we either open a door for God and His angels to move on our behalf, or we open a door for the enemy and the forces of darkness.”

Make the decision today to only speak words of faith and life over you, your home and your family. Declare God’s Word and His promises and let your words set the angels into motion to help youfulfill the destiny God has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

29 Oct 2019 06:06 #2237 by DrMike
The Same Spirit

Today’s Scripture

"And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you..." (Romans 8:11, AMPC)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside you. That’s the same Spirit and the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. That resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body, and it can bring back life to your hopes and dreams. In fact, it can bring life to any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you! You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear, worry or sickness, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God! Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed because the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for loving me perfectly. I want to know You more, and I want to know Your love. I receive it by faith today and ask that You show me Your ways and fill me with Your peace as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

30 Oct 2019 09:07 #2238 by DrMike
Provision In The Wilderness

Today’s Scripture

"I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water..." (Isaiah 41:18, NKJV)

There’s a lady in our church who is a single mom. Her family has gone through a lot of struggles. For years she was barely making it, but every Sunday she and her two sons would be at Lakewood. She stayed faithful during her “wilderness” season because she knew she was headed to her Promised Land.

This lady's son, from the time he was a little boy, always said that he was going to get a scholarship to go to college. He could have thought, “We’re poor. I’m at a disadvantage.” But this single mother taught her sons that God is a God of abundance, that He can make a way when we don’t see a way. Her son graduated number two in his high school. He received not one scholarship, but nine scholarships totaling over 1.3 million dollars. His undergraduate, his master's and his doctorate degrees are all paid for at Georgetown University.

Friend, remember, God is no respecter of persons. Whatever you are believing for, whatever provision you need in the wilderness, know that He is faithful. He will provide streams in the desert and provision for you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for providing streams in the desert. Thank You for refreshing me in the wilderness. Thank You for providing all my needs according to Your riches in glory as I stand in faith and stay faithful to You in Jesus’ name. Amen"

Attachments:

31 Oct 2019 06:31 #2239 by DrMike
He Uses Our Difficulties

Today’s Scripture

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong..." (2 Corinthians 12:10, NIV)

We all face difficult situations. Somebody isn’t treating you right, or your business is not growing, or maybe you’re single and still haven’t met anyone. It’s easy to get frustrated and anxious. You don’t understand why it’s taking so long or why things haven’t changed.

But here’s a key: just because it’s an uncomfortable place doesn’t mean it’s not where you’re supposed to be. God uses difficulties to do a work in us. We grow in the tough times. That’s where your character is developed, where you learn to trust God and persevere, and where your spiritual muscles are made strong. God will not allow a difficulty unless He has a divine purpose for it. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to make up your mind, “I’m not going to live frustrated because I am uncomfortable. I’m not going to be upset because things are not happening on my timetable. I’m not going to fight against everything that I don’t like.” Instead, believe that God is doing a work in you. Believe that He has the best for you. And see yourself moving forward in the victory He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I give You my questions, frustrations, concerns and doubts. Have Your way in me. I trust that You are at work in every difficult situation in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

01 Nov 2019 03:21 #2240 by DrMike
Another Victory Is On The Way

Today’s Scripture

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere..." (2 Corinthians 2:14, ESV)

Are you facing challenges or difficulties today? Maybe something has happened that could easily discourage you and cause you to give up on your dreams. I want to remind you that where you are is not where you are going to stay. God has a good plan in store for your future. When you stay in step with Him, you’ll walk right into victory. The Scripture tells us that God wants to take us from glory to glory, from victory to victory. Even if you are between victories right now, keep your passion. Keep your enthusiasm. Focus on the fact that God has another level for you—another level of glory, another level of increase, another level of His favor.

Today I encourage you to go out with a smile on your face. Give Him your best. When you thank God for what He has done, you are sowing a seed that He will use in your future. Keep praying, keep believing, keep hoping, and stand strong because another victory is coming your way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, right now I choose to focus my mind and heart completely on You. I choose to step out of discouragement, step out of complacency, step out of worry, and step in to Your glory. You alone are worthy, and I thank You for the victory You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.767 seconds