Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Oct 2019 03:35 #2221 by DrMike
He Will Do Great Things

Today’s Scripture

"Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things." (Joel 2:21, KJV)

God wants to do great things in your life! Notice this verse starts out by saying “fear not.” Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold you back. Fear is not from God. It is designed to paralyze you and keep you from God's blessings. Don’t ever let fear be a factor in the choices you make in life. Overcome fear by meditating on the promises of God’s love and goodness. Perfect love casts out all fear. When you understand the love of God, you have nothing to fear. You know the Lord will do great things! Let that sink down into your spirit today. Meditate on this verse and declare it out loud every day. As you study God’s Word, your faith will grow and fear will be gone from your life. You’ll know His love, and you will experience His goodness in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for goodness and faithfulness. Show me Your perfect love so that I may know You. I choose to rejoice in You and trust that You will do great things in my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2019 03:29 #2222 by DrMike
Find Rest

Today’s Scripture

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes the pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. So many people these days lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives, but God wants us to live a life of rest and peace. When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart. Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of the people around you? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. God wants you to cast your cares on Him so that you can live with a gentle and humble attitude toward others. When you learn to release your burdens and follow the example that Jesus gave, you will be refreshed and find rest for your soul and peace in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to cast my cares on You. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to have a gentle and humble attitude. Help me find rest for my soul so that I can love others the way You love me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Oct 2019 09:40 #2223 by DrMike
Just One Thing

Today’s Scripture

"There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it—and I won't take it away from her!" (Luke 10:42, TLB)

You can learn a lot from the story of Jesus' visit to the home of Martha and Mary. While Martha busied herself preparing a meal, Mary sat at Jesus' feet listening to what He was teaching. When Martha realized that Mary wasn't helping her, she marched over, interrupted Jesus, and said, "Lord, this isn't fair. I'm in here doing all the work and she just sits here!" Jesus' reply must have stunned her: "Martha, you're stressed out about so many different things. Only one thing really matters, and Mary has chosen what's best." In effect, Jesus was telling Martha to slow down and enjoy the moment. He could easily be saying the same thing to you! It's good to be a hard worker, but it's important that you know how to put your work aside and enjoy the blessings He's bringing into your life. If so, look at your schedule today and choose what is best!

A Prayer for Today

"Lord, thank You for wanting to bless me. Give me eyes to see when I should serve and when I should just sit at Your feet and listen. In Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

04 Oct 2019 08:12 #2224 by DrMike
This is the Day

Today’s Scripture

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

Every day that we are given is a precious gift from Almighty God. We should wake up every morning with a grateful attitude, full of faith and expectancy for what the Lord has in store. Sure, you may be facing some challenges in your life, or maybe things aren't going the way you planned. But remember, each new day is a chance to stand strong in the midst of adversity and see the faithfulness of God. Every new day is an opportunity to praise and thank Him, to magnify your God instead of magnifying your problems. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! Be glad that God has promised to never leave you or forsake you. Be glad that God has given you a sound, healthy mind. Rejoice that He is making a way where there seems to be no way! Focus on the gift of each and every day and rejoice in what God has done in your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for this day. Thank You for another opportunity to sing Your praises. I choose to set my mind and heart on You. I choose to rejoice and be glad in You in Jesus' name! Amen."

Attachments:

07 Oct 2019 06:39 #2225 by DrMike
Sealed By God

Today’s Scripture

"…I will make you [through the Messiah, your descendant] like a signet ring, for I have chosen you..." (Haggai 2:23, AMP)

We don’t often hear about signet rings anymore, but in Bible times they were very significant. The signet ring was used to identify the message or messenger and the authority they had. In other words, you knew something was from the king because it was marked by his signet ring. It was representative of power and authority. This verse is saying that you are the mark of authority of Almighty God. You have been chosen and set apart to be identified with Him. When you have someone’s power and authority, you have access to everything they have. It’s like having power of attorney; you have the authority to act on behalf of that individual. As a believer in Jesus, marked with His seal, think of all you have access to today. Think about the authority you have. Everything He has is available to you—healing, provision, strength, peace, joy. You have been given authority to “sign His name” in order to receive His blessings. You are God’s seal, and you are marked to live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for choosing me and calling me Your own. Help me to fully understand the authority You’ve given by Your Son Jesus. I receive all You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

08 Oct 2019 04:46 #2226 by DrMike
Faith and Honor

Today’s Scripture

"Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.' He could not do any miracles there…He was amazed at their lack of faith." (Mark 6:4–6, NIV)

Did you know that honor and faith work together? When Jesus walked the earth, the people in His own hometown couldn’t believe that He was the Son of God because they were too familiar with Him. They didn’t honor Him, which affected their ability to have faith in Him. When you honor the Lord, when you respect and make room for Him in your life by following the Word of God, it impacts your faith in Him. Part of honoring the Lord is honoring the people He’s placed in your life. God works through people, and the Bible says that the way you treat others is the way you treat Him. Choose to honor people and make room for the Lord to work in your life today. Look for the greatness in the people around you: your spouse, your children, your friends and family. Treat others with respect, knowing that God is building His character in you. As you choose honor, you open the door for faith to grow. You’ll see God’s hand working in your life, and you will see His hand of blessing on everything you do!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to honor You by honoring the people You have placed in my life. Show me how to love others the way You love me so that faith will grow stronger in my heart. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Attachments:

09 Oct 2019 06:43 #2227 by DrMike
Be Courageous

Today’s Scripture

"...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go..." (Joshua 1:9, NIV)

God says not to tremble or be dismayed by anything because He is with you wherever you may go. That is such an encouragement, and it's absolutely true! You should be walking around in life without even the slightest amount of fear because that is not the nature God gave you. You should refuse to be defeated by the things around you, even if they seem insurmountable. Perhaps one definition of courage might be staying strong and moving forward even when most would give up and even surrender their ground to fear. Be strong and courageous for God today, and do not allow yourself to be defeated by fear or the unknown!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I want to live and serve You boldly without being crippled by fear. Make me strong and courageous in Your power to do what You want me to do."

Attachments:

10 Oct 2019 07:27 #2228 by DrMike
Be A Bounce-Back Person

Today’s Scripture

"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold…" (1 Peter 1:6-7, NLTC)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you got bad news concerning your health, or perhaps a relationship didn't work out. Maybe you lost your job. It was a setback. When we face setbacks, it's easy to get discouraged or lose our enthusiasm. Too often we are tempted to just settle where we are. But if we're going to see God's best, we have to have a bounce-back mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don't stay down. You get back up again. It means when disappointments come, you shake them off knowing that what the enemy meant for your harm God is going to turn around and use for your good.

This is a new day. Things are changing in your favor. You need to get ready because there’s a bounce-back coming. You’re going to bounce back from sickness, bounce back from depression, bounce back from bad breaks, bounce back from loss. Keep standing, keep believing, and choose to be a bounce-back person because you are coming out better off than you were before! You are rising higher, and you will fulfill the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, and favor. I ask for rain in the time of rain, I ask for increase in Your favor and blessing so I can be a blessing to those around me today and always. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Attachments:

11 Oct 2019 07:36 #2229 by DrMike
Appointments of Divine Favor

Today’s Scripture

"For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]..." (Ephesians 2:10, AMPC)

God has already prepared paths for you to take in your future! When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right circumstances and the right breaks. In your future, He’s already released favor, supernatural opportunities and divine connections. The breaks you need in life have already been set to come across your path. If you will stay in faith and go out each day and be a person of excellence, you’ll walk right into these appointments of favor. It will be just as if you stumbled into God’s blessings!

When you understand this principle, you’ll begin to get excited about every single day! You’ll have a spring in your step as you think about what blessing is coming next. It could be today. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week. Keep expecting. Keep believing. Stay focused on the fact that God has already released into your future everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Start declaring seasons of increase over your life. Declare that favor is on you and look for those appointments of divine favor!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for prearranging a good life for me. Thank You for ordering my steps and directing my path. Help me to understand Your goodness more so that I can know You and stay close to You all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen."

Attachments:

14 Oct 2019 03:37 #2230 by DrMike
Above All

Today’s Scripture

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers..." (1 Peter 4:8, NIV)

So often people try to make others fit into their own mold, conform to their ideas, and be just like them. We think, "If they would just change, I wouldn't get upset. If they would just do it the way I want, they wouldn't get on my nerves." But really, we need to give people room to be who God created them to be. Life is too short to spend it trying to fix everybody. Sure, we should encourage people and help them grow and come up higher. But we have to get to the point where we step back and say, "All right, this is who God made them to be, and I'm going to accept them the way they are. Just because they don't have my same strengths, I'm not going to let that frustrate me."

We have to choose love every day because love covers our differences and offenses. Love makes allowances for other people’s weaknesses. Love overlooks a wrong done to it. Love is what allows us to appreciate what others bring into our lives, and it brings us together in unity. Today, above all, choose love. Choose to focus on the things that make your relationships stronger, because in the end, love is all that remains.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to set my heart and mind on You. I choose to love others the way You have commanded. Give me the strength to walk in Your ways and understand Your love more each day in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds