Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Nov 2019 03:24 #2241 by DrMike
Still Standing?

Today’s Scripture

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand..." (Psalm 40:2, NIV)

All of us can look back at things that should have defeated us. Maybe a divorce or a breakup should have taken you down, but look—you’re still standing! That’s the goodness of God. That addiction, all that partying should have killed you, but because of a praying loved one, you're still standing and becoming freer. Or, maybe you lost a loved one and didn't think you could go on. You thought you'd seen your best days, but God breathed new life into you. He lifted you out of the pit, put a new song in your heart, and here you are today, still standing.

When you go through difficult things, it’s an opportunity to see the goodness of God shine in the darkness. You see Him lift you up, restore you, promote you and heal you. When you have this history with God, you don't get discouraged by every difficulty. You don’t fall apart because ofa disappointment. You don’t get upset because people are talking about you. You know that God brought you through the darkness in the past, and He is going to bring you through in the future! Rejoice today because you are still standing and headed to the place of total victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for lifting me out of my difficulty and for helping me stand on solid ground. I trust Your goodness. I know thatYou are faithful. Help me stay focused on Your victory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2019 03:38 #2242 by DrMike
Be Great in the Midst of Criticism

Today’s Scripture

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." (Matthew 5:44, NKJV)

If you’re going to pursue greatness, if you’re going to be a great business person, a great teacher, a great parent or a great leader, you have to understand that not everyone is going to cheer you on. I’d love to tell you that your family, friends and coworkers will celebrate you, but that’s not necessarily the case. Some people simply can’t handle your success. As you grow and increase, as God pours out His favor on you, someone will get jealous and start finding fault. Don’t be surprised if a relative tries to belittle or discredit you. You can’t focus on making everyone around you happy or you’ll start changing and lose sight of what God has placed in your heart.

Remember, your destiny is too great to be distracted by people who are never going to affirm you. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you. It’s their problem. Shake it off, run your race, and be great anyway.

Having greatness in the midst of criticism begins with forgiveness. Don’t hold a grudge. Bless those who curse you; pray for those who spitefully use you. As you keep doing what is right, God will honor you. He’ll promote you, and you’ll be great in the midst of criticism!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. I choose to bless those who have hurt me. I choose to be great becauseYou have equipped and empowered me to be great in the midst of criticism in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Nov 2019 03:29 #2243 by DrMike
When the Intensity Gets Turned Up

Today’s Scripture

"Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather and deliver us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise..." (1 Chronicles 16:35, ESV)

Whenever life gets difficult and it seems like the intensity has been turned up, that means you are closer to your victory. When those lies are bombarding your mind, when you’re tempted to get discouraged or feel like throwing in the towel, that’s not the time to back down. That’s the time to dig your heels in and put on a new attitude because you are closer to your victory.

Maybe you’ve had a lot of things come against you. It seems like the more you pray the worse it gets. You’re doing the right thing, but the wrong thing is happening. The easy thing is to say, “Forget it. I don’t have to put up with this.” “This marriage is never going to work.” “I’ll never be able to raise this child.” Or, “I don’t like this job.” No, instead of getting discouraged, instead of going around sour and bitter, you need to say, “I’ve come too far to stop now. I’ve been through too much to back down. I realize the reason the intensity has been turned up is because I’m about to embrace the victory God has in store for me!” Keep standing, keep praying, keep hoping, and stay in faith when the intensity gets turned up!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, You’ve seen everything I’ve been through. You know what I’ve had to endure. I trust that You are working behind the scenes and leading me into victory. I keep my faith and trust in You and expect to see Your mighty hand in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Attachments:

07 Nov 2019 06:52 #2244 by DrMike
He Doesn’t Need a Cloud

Today’s Scripture

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?...” (Genesis 18:14, NIV)

One beautiful, sunny day we were in the backyard enjoying the blue sky when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it began to rain even though there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The sun was out and very bright, but for about three minutes, there was a downpour. We thought, “Where in the world is this rain coming from?”

It was like God was saying, “I can make it rain whenever I want to. I can use a little cloud, a big cloud or no cloud. I’m God. I’m the All-Powerful, Creator of the universe. When I say rain, I don’t need a cloud. When I say healing, I don’t have to use medicine. When I say promotion, I don’t need the approval of your boss. When I say abundance, I don’t need a bank. I’m not limited by the natural. I’m a supernatural God.”

Whatever you are facing today, no matter what things look like in the natural, know that God has the answer. Trust Him because He can make a way where there seems to be no way. He can make something out of nothing, and He doesn’t need a cloud to make it rain!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I praise You today because You are worthy. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that you can make a way out of no way, and I look for Your rain of blessing in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

08 Nov 2019 03:41 #2245 by DrMike
You're In Good Company

Today’s Scripture

"…but Jesus refused to answer." (Luke 23:9, NLT)

In the Scripture, people often came against Jesus and criticized Him. Many times it says, “Jesus answered them not a word.” He simply didn’t respond to His critics. He didn’t try to convince them to change their minds. He didn’t get upset because somebody was talking about Him. No, He just ignored it. When people come against you and they’re jealous, trying to make you look bad, trying to discourage you, remember, you’re in good company! Jesus was probably criticized more than anyone else. I love the fact that He didn’t try to explain Himself. He didn’t try to make everyone understand Him. He just stayed focused on what He was called to do. He simply ran His race.

Friend, Jesus set the example for you and me. We don’t have to try to win the approval of others. We have to understand that not everyone is going to understand us or be for us. Our focus should be on following God’s leading and let Him order our steps. The next time someone criticizes you, remember the example of Jesus. Overlook it, don’t get offended, and keep moving forward in the destiny God has for you!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the One who holds the keys to your freedom. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and deliver you. Receive His salvation, receive hope, and receive the freedom and victory He came to give.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I release every person who has criticized me or tried to discourage me. I choose to forgive them; I choose to turn away from that distraction. I choose to focus on You and the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

11 Nov 2019 03:31 #2246 by DrMike
Take the Limits Off

Today’s Scripture

"He raised us up together with Him…that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor)…” (Ephesians 2:6-7, AMPC)

Sometimes we think so small. We limit our possibilities and potential. When God sees you, He sees all your potential. God knows what you’re capable of. His grace andfavor in your life enable you to become what He sees. But first, you have to open your heart and take the limits off your life.

How do we limit God? We limit God in our thinking. Thoughts of doubt, unbelief and unforgiveness in your heart will close the door to Hisfavor. In Mark 6, it says that Jesus could do no great works in a particular town because of the unbelief of the people. It works the same way today. On the other hand, when you choose thoughts of faith and expectancy, you are opening the door for God to work in your life. You are taking the limits off. You are giving Him the opportunity to multiply what you have in your hand. Choose to take the limits off by choosing His thoughts of victory. Choose thoughts of increase and blessing. As you do, you’ll rise higher and higher and live the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose faith! I choose Your unlimited grace andfavor. I choose to believe that You have good things in store for me. You use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen"

Attachments:

12 Nov 2019 04:18 #2247 by DrMike
Avoid The Trap of Fear

Today’s Scripture

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe…" (Proverbs 29:25, NIV)

Fear is one of the enemy'sfavorite tools to keep us from moving forward. The moment you make a decision to step out in faith, the enemy will immediately bring fear to stop you. He'll put thoughts in your mind such as, "What if I fail? What will others think? Maybe I don't have what it takes." He'll do his best to use fear to try to convince you to shrink back and just stay right where you are. The Scripture tells us that fear is a spirit. It affects your emotions. But when you choose to put your trust in the Lord, no matter how you are feeling, you are combating fear. Today, don't allow fear to trap you and hold you back. Instead, take a step of faith knowing that God is on your side. He is for you and with you, leading and guiding you in the path of victory all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to put my trust in You. I press forward in faith so I can overcome fear. I believeYou have my best interest at heart and know that You are leading me in the paths of righteousness all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

13 Nov 2019 07:06 #2248 by DrMike
Anointed To Heal

Today’s Scripture

"You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him..." (Acts 10:38, NASB)

When Jesus walked the earth, He was on a mission. Not only did He come to die on the cross and save us from our sins,He had a mission to set people free from every kind of brokenness and oppression. He was anointed, or empowered by God, to fulfill His mission. Notice it doesn’t say that He went around doing good and healing some people. No, it says that He went around doing good and healing "all." That was His mission, and He is still fulfilling that mission in the earth today.

The Bible says that you have become an ambassador of Jesus. That means you are His representative.As His representative, you have access to the same power and authority that He has. You are empowered, or anointed, to fulfill His mission in the earth. You are anointed to do good and heal those who are oppressed by the enemy. Is there someone in your life who needs a touch from God today? You are His hands and feet. You are anointed to do good and pray for the sick. As you reach out to others and allow God to use you, you will see His power flow through you, and you will live the life of victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for doing good in my life and setting me free! Show me how I can be an instrument of Your goodness and healing to those around me today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

14 Nov 2019 03:19 #2249 by DrMike
Be Generous

Today’s Scripture

"A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed…" (Proverbs 11:25, NIV)

Do you need refreshing today? So many people go around overwhelmed, tired, worn down, and barely get by. But that's not God's best. He wants us to prosper. He wants us to be refreshed. Here's the key: be generous and refresh others. Is there someone at the office that you can be a blessing to? Can you lighten someone's load? Maybe a family member is going through a hard time. Can you help them out? Can you cook them a meal? Refreshing someone can be as simple as a smile or an encouraging word. Don't wait until you feel like doing it; that day may never come! Do it because the Scripture tells us to. Do it because it blesses the Lord.

It’s easy to get so busy and think, “I don’t have time to help others. I have my own problems.” Helping others can be the key to seeing your situation turn around. The people you see who need encouragement, who need a ride, who need a hand, who need help accomplishing a dream—they are opportunities for you to go to a higher level. Step out and refresh others; live a life of generosity. As you do, you will be refreshed in return and experience His blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to put my trust in You. I press forward in faith so I can overcome fear. I believe You have my best interest at heart and know that You are leading me in the paths of righteousness all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

15 Nov 2019 03:25 #2250 by DrMike
Enjoy The Journey

Today’s Scripture

"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people..." (Colossians 3:23, NLT)

When you love what you do, it doesn't mean you don't work hard or that you don't have to deal with some frustrating days and people. That's all a part of life. But ultimately, God can help you enjoy what you're doing. When you're in God's will, there will be a joy on the inside. Deep down in your spirit, you will feel a sense of accomplishment. You'll live the best life that God intended for you.

If you'll live a focused life with your priorities in order and clear goals for the future, there's no limit to what God will do! He'll take you places that you've never even dreamed of. You'll experience the abundant life He has in store for you. Your deepest desire should be to follow God's perfect will so that one day, you can look back and say, "This is why God put me here.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I am so thankful that because of Your presence in my life, the work I do each day can have real purpose and meaning. Help me to do my work with joy, as unto You, and use me to be a blessing to someone else who needs my encouragement and example today. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds