Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Jan 2020 07:57 #2271 by DrMike
He Is Your Rescuer

"Daniel, servant of the living God! Was your God, whom you serve so faithfully, able to rescue you from the lions?…" (Daniel 6:20, NLT)

Most people won’t ever literally come face to face with a hungry lion, but we’ve all been in situations where we felt as though we are about to be “eaten up” or destroyed. Daniel lived a life of excellence and found favor with the king. The king kept promoting him and giving him more authority, which made the other administrators jealous and angry. They manipulated the king into signing a law that Daniel could not follow. Daniel prayed and still found himself in the lions' den. How would you respond in that situation?

I’m sure Daniel believed that God would deliver him. I’m sure he hoped it would be before he was thrown into that den. Have you ever prayed and prayed for something and things just kept getting worse? Daniel trusted that God was working His plan for His glory. In the end, Daniel was protected and his enemies were destroyed. When it looks as though your friends have turned on you and you are headed for the lions’ den, don’t be discouraged because God has the final say. Keep believing Him; keep trusting Him. He’s promised to never leave you nor forsake you. He’ll shut the mouth of the lion; He’ll silence your accusers; He’ll stand with you in the fire, and He will lead you into victory in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Prayer: Father in heaven, You are my Light in dark times. I thank You for Your faithfulness and trust that You have a wonderful plan for my life. No matter how things seem, I will put my hope and trust in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2020 08:35 #2272 by DrMike
Help Others Succeed

"Send your grain across the seas, and in time, profits will flow back to you…" (Ecclesiastes 11:1, NLT)

God’s system works on the principle of sowing and reaping. What you pour out will come back to you in increased measure. When you give generously, a generous harvest will return to you. When you help others succeed, you will find abundant success on your path, too. What are you investing in the lives of the people around you? Are you helping others get ahead? There are people in your life who hold the keys for you to reach your full potential. These are people whom God has placed in your life for you to help along. The higher they rise, the higher you will rise. When you give generously of your time, talent and resources, you are setting yourself up for greater success. People will come across your path who will help you grow and reach your full potential. But you have to do your part to step out and sow the seed. Be on the lookout for ways you can help others. As you give of yourself to help others grow, you’ll rise higher and live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I open my heart to Your heart. I invite You to use me to be a blessing in the lives of others. Show me where to invest my time, talent, and resources for Your glory."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Jan 2020 09:58 #2273 by DrMike
Who’s Your Father?

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here…" (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

A while ago there was an advertisement for DNA testing that asked the question, “Who’s the father?” They can take your DNA, and out of the billions of people on earth, the chances of your DNA matching someone who’s not your family are so small that it’s inconceivable. In a similar way, when you gave your life to Christ, the Scripture talks about how you became a new creation. You were born into a new family. Imagine that somehow they could take a sample DNA from your heavenly Father, then a sample DNA from you, and run all the tests. The good news is that it would come back a perfect match. Proven beyond all doubt, you are God’s child. You have His spiritual DNA. Don’t you dare go around thinking that you’re average. Your Father created worlds. You come from a royal bloodline. There’s nothing too much for you. You can accomplish your dreams.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for being my Father and breathing Your life into me. Help me to quit believing the lies that say I’ve reached my limits. I believe and declare that I am a child of the Most High God, and I’m stepping up to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

07 Jan 2020 10:05 #2274 by DrMike
An Extraordinary Life

Today’s Scripture

"That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers…" (Psalm 1:3, NIV)

The best decision of your life was to live your life with God at the center. That was the essential first step to living at your full potential. Now the key to experiencing an extraordinary life every day is to grow in your relationship with God. Scripture talks about how life with God is like a tree and its branches. When a branch is connected to the tree, it receives nourishment and life and produces fruit. We have to stay connected to God so we can receive His strength and be empowered to accomplish all that He has for us.

In any relationship, growth happens over time. God doesn’t expect you to be perfect. He just wants you to keep moving forward with Him one step at a time. No matter what is going on in your life, keep making time for Him so that your relationship can grow strong, and you can walk in the fullness of His blessings!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that every day I can live my life with You at the center and grow in my relationship with You. Thank You for planting me in the streams of Your living water. I look forward to the abundance You are producing in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

08 Jan 2020 08:07 #2275 by DrMike
Fully Loaded

Today’s Scripture

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago…" (Ephesians 2:10, NLT)

When God created you, He put in you everything you need to fulfill your destiny. God is precise. He’s intentional down to the smallest detail, and when He laid out the plan for your life, He studied it carefully. He thought about what you would need, and what it would take to get you there, then He matched you with your world. He gave you the talent you need, the creativity, the strength. You’re the right size, and you have the right looks, the right personality, and the right family.

Now don’t go around feeling shortchanged, as though somehow you’re lacking, you didn’t get enough, or you can’t do what others can do. You are fully loaded and completely equipped for the race that’s been designed for you. Be who God created you to be. You have something to offer the world that nobody else has. Let your gifts shine. You are an original masterpiece.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You created me as a masterpiece down to the smallest detail of what I would need to fulfill Your plan for my life. Thank You that I am fully loaded for the race that’s been designed for me. I declare that I am Your original creation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jan 2020 08:25 #2276 by DrMike
What’s in Your Picture Frame?

Today’s Scripture

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…" (Proverbs 23:7, NKJV)

Every one of us has a picture in our mind of our self, our family, our future. The question is, what does your picture look like? Do you see yourself rising higher, overcoming obstacles, and living an abundant life? Or, do you have a picture of yourself struggling, defeated, addicted, overweight, and never getting good breaks? The pictures you allow in your mind will determine what kind of life you live.

Proverbs 29:18 says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” If your vision is limited, your life will be limited. Dare to get a fresh, new vision of victory for your life and trust God to bring it to pass. You don’t have to figure out how it’s going to happen. All you have to do is believe. One touch of God’s favor can bring any dream to pass. But you have to see it on the inside before it will ever come to pass on the outside.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I can begin to see myself the way You see me as blessed, prosperous, healthy, strong, talented, and successful. Help me to get the negative images out and the fresh, new vision in. I believe that my vision will become a reality. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

10 Jan 2020 07:21 #2277 by DrMike
New Beginnings

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland…" (Isaiah 43:18–19, NIV)

We’ve all had negative things happen to us. People did us wrong, the company let us go, someone was rude to us. It’s easy to go through life carrying offenses, trapped in self-pity, blaming ourselves and others. Because we’re always looking back, reliving the negative, we end up carrying around emotional baggage that weighs us down. One of the best things you can learn to do is drop it. Whether it happened twenty years ago or twenty minutes ago, don’t carry negative baggage from yesterday into today. Now do your part and let it go.

Past hurts occurred once. Don’t let them continue to hurt you by always thinking about them. As long as you’re dwelling on the past, you’re going to miss “the new things” God wants to do. You need to be looking forward to new beginnings. But God will not release new opportunities as long as you’re reliving old hurts and old failures.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I can be free from all the negative baggage that comes from carrying past offenses, guilt, and blame. Help me to treat the past as the past, that it’s over. I look forward to the new things You’re doing in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

13 Jan 2020 06:56 #2278 by DrMike
Sudden Breakthroughs

…the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters…"(2 Samuel 5:20, AMP)

God wants to give you a breakthrough—a sudden burst of His favor; an explosion of His goodness. He wants to release His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!

Maybe you've been praying about a relationship for years, and suddenly, things get into place. That's a breakthrough. Or you were trying to get a certain job. They said there were no openings; but suddenly, they call you back and you get the job. That's another breakthrough. Perhaps you've struggled with an addiction for a long time, but then something happens and it's not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.

No matter what you've been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this: the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Get ready! Look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I'm trusting that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move mightily in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Attachments:

14 Jan 2020 06:30 #2279 by DrMike
The Tongue of the Wise

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing" (Proverbs 12:18; NIV)

It's easy to see how words can be used as a weapon. We've all either been "cut" by the words of others, or we've used words to put someone "in their place." The truth of the matter is when we use words recklessly or in a way that cuts others, we are not being wise. The scripture tells us that the tongue of the wise brings life and healing to others.

Today, look for ways to be wise. Find something nice to say about someone or share an encouraging word. You never know how you can bring healing to a person's heart by sharing a kind, gracious word. And remember, words are like seeds. When you plant words of life and blessing into others, you're sure to reap a harvest of blessing in your own life in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to be wise. I submit my tongue to You and choose to use it for good and not for evil. Show me ways to be a blessing to others. Help me find creative ways to encourage the people You have placed in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Attachments:

15 Jan 2020 07:12 #2280 by DrMike
A Flood of Power

So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through]" (1 Chronicles 14:11, AMP)

Notice how David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. In other words, he described it as a flood. He was saying that when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power, it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.

Think about how powerful water is. Three or four inches of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen on the news whole houses floating down the river in big floods. Nothing can stop the force of that water! Anything that's in its way is moved!

Today, you may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this: when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I invite You to overwhelm me with You today. Take over every area of my life; my thoughts, my attitude, my body. Flood me with Your healing, favor, and strength today as I surrender my entire being to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.795 seconds