Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Mar 2020 03:21 #2311 by DrMike
Think On These Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area of your life. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about — things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy. In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Stay on the offensive and choose to think on the right things. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and think on the right things. Direct my heart and mind toward what is pure and lovely. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2020 03:23 #2312 by DrMike
Thanks Be to God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJ)

God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Put some action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

11 Mar 2020 03:08 #2313 by DrMike
Prolong Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity” (Proverbs 3:1–2, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Today’s verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesn’t say that you will just have a long, drawn-out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. That’s why it’s so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We can’t allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfying life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

12 Mar 2020 07:24 #2314 by DrMike
Choose Joy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24, NLT)

Happiness isn’t just a random feeling; happiness is a choice. It’s a decision that we have to make by an act of our will. All throughout life, you’re going to have plenty of opportunities to lose your joy. We all go through disappointments. We all have times when things don’t go our way. It’s very easy to let the circumstances of life make us sour and dejected until we just go through the motions of day-to-day living. But if you’re going to live in victory, if you’re going to thrive the way God intends, you’ve got to make the decision that you’re going to enjoy your life. You’ve got to choose to be happy in spite of your circumstances, every single day.

Today, remember, this is the day that the Lord has made! Choose to rejoice and be glad in it! As you choose joy, you are tapping into His strength which will carry you through to victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to bless and serve You. I choose to rejoice today no matter what comes my way. Thank You for Your peace and strength to overcome in every area of my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

13 Mar 2020 03:23 #2315 by DrMike
Make Time

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

It's interesting that many of the miracles Jesus performed weren't planned or scheduled. Oftentimes, they happened when He was interrupted.
Walking down the street, a blind man hollered out, "Jesus! Have mercy! Come over and heal me!" Jesus didn't say, "Don't you know I'm the Son of God? I'm important. I've got a lot to do." No, Jesus stopped what He was doing, went out of His way, and healed the man. Jesus was willing to be inconvenienced to help other people in need.

We have to remember that as believers, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. We are His ambassadors. We may have a lot on our "to do" lists, but we have to be willing to make time for the people God has placed in our lives. That means not only your friends and family, but people you encounter on a daily basis. Today, keep your heart and mind open because God wants to do something in and through you when you choose to make time for Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I commit myself wholeheartedly to Your service. Thank You for choosing me and equipping me to be a blessing to the people around me. Use me for Your glory as I set my love and attention on You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Attachments:

16 Mar 2020 03:30 #2316 by DrMike
In His Eyes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear Him. He knows us inside and out...” (Psalm 103:13–14, The Message)

I always find it interesting to see how a parent views their new baby. It doesn’t matter what that baby looks like; it doesn’t matter if their head is still coned, if their nose is still squashed, if they cry or makes a mess, that baby is the apple of its parent’s eyes. They see that child as the most beautiful, perfect creation. They are just as proud and excited as they can be.

Parents see their own children differently than other people do. As believers in Jesus, it’s the same way with our Heavenly Father. You are the apple of His eye. No matter what, He sees you as His most perfect creation. He is proud of you. You are the joy of His heart. Sure, you may make some mistakes; you may fall; you may make a mess, but He is right there ready to pick you up, clean you off and calm your soul. In His eyes, you are an overcomer; you are victorious; you are strong. In His eyes, you are pure and whole. Today, trust in His love, trust in His goodness, and trust that you can find safety and rest in His eyes.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and keeping me close to You always. I trust that You have my best interest at heart and that You are working in my life because You are my Father. I open my heart and mind to You to receive Your love in a fresh, new way. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

17 Mar 2020 03:16 #2317 by DrMike
Recognize What You Have

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him” (1 Samuel 17:50, NIV)

So often we focus on what we don’t have, how big our obstacles are, and how bad the economy is. “ I don’t have the connections. I’ve got this problem, but I don’t have anybody to help me. I’ve got this dream, but I don’t have the resources.” No, here is what I’ve learned; everything you need to fulfill your destiny is within reach. God will always use something that’s close to you. It may not look extraordinary, but you have what it takes to fulfill your destiny.

When David faced the giant, Goliath, all he had was a slingshot and five stones. It looked ordinary. He could have thought, “I’m not going to face Goliath. That would be foolish. I don’t have a chance.” No, David knew that with God on his side, those ordinary stones would be exactly what he needed. Sure enough, David defeated Goliath and made history.

Today, remember, victory isn’t about what you have, it’s about God’s anointing on what you have. With God on your side, all things are possible! Focus on Him and what He can do in your life because He has extraordinary things in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me for success and victory in this life. Help me to clearly see the opportunities, connections and resources You have ordained for me. I trust that with You, all things are possible. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

18 Mar 2020 07:29 #2318 by DrMike
Every Day is a Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It’s easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

19 Mar 2020 06:51 #2319 by DrMike
Freely Give

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:8, NKJ)

Every command God gives us in His Word is for our good. He is a good God, and He works all things together for our good because He loves us. He wants to bless us, multiply us and fill us with His exceeding joy and peace, but we have to do our part. We have to obey His commands in order to set the blessing into motion.

One of the best ways to see the blessing of God operating in your life is by sowing a seed of your time, abilities or resources. Proverbs says that those who scatter seed generously reap even more. That’s because when you give, God promises that it will come back to you in abundance — pressed down, shaken together and running over. But, you have to freely receive in order to have something to give.

Remember, giving is tied to receiving. I have found that the more we freely receive from God, the more we desire to freely give to others. Today, I encourage you to keep your heart and mind open to what God has for you. Look for ways to sow seeds. Freely give and set the blessing in motion in your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to honor Your Word by freely giving to others. Help me to find creative ways to give the way You have given to me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

20 Mar 2020 07:54 #2320 by DrMike
Daily Benefits

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits...”(Psalm 68:19, NKJ)

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a big appointment at work. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that seems to consume your thoughts. Today, I want to encourage you; instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today; He has provision in store for you today; He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with blessing!

The key to accessing these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, what the traffic is like or what the stock market is doing. No, you have to choose to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps; something good is going to happen to me today!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and a good example of your love. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.720 seconds