Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 May 2020 06:13 #2351 by DrMike
Being Still

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14, NIV)

When was the last time you can remember being still? And I don't mean sitting in traffic or standing in line at the store. In today's fast-paced culture, people are constantly multitasking, trying to do more in less time, constantly on the go, constantly seeking information, constantly checking off to-do lists. And there is nothing wrong with any of these things. But if we are going to see the Lord fight our battles, if we are going to embrace the victory He has for us, we have to make it a priority to be still before Him.

Being still means taking time alone in the presence of Almighty God. Being still means being quiet before Him, listening to His voice and meditating on His Word. But, we need to also keep our hearts and minds still no matter what else we are doing. Being still means silencing the negative voices in our minds. It means choosing right thoughts and putting our trust in Him. That's why it's so important to keep His Word first place in your life because when you know His Word, you know Him. When you know Him, you trust Him. When you trust Him, your heart and mind will be still before Him, and He will lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You in the precious name of Your Son, Jesus. I choose to be still in You. I choose to cast my cares on You. Fill me with Your peace today, fill me with Your hope as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus' name. Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2020 07:38 #2352 by DrMike
Hiding in the Right Place

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a
rock" (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? They look for the
best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their
friend to try to find them. It's a fun game for kids, but even as
adults, we need a good place to hide from time to time. Sometimes we
need a place of refuge, a place of safety, a place to rest when we feel
overwhelmed by the circumstances of life; a place where the enemy of our
soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! You
don't have to hide in your job. You don't have to hide in relationships.
You don't have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself
promises to hide you! He freely offers you shelter from the storms of
life any time you call on His name.

Remember, there's only one place the enemy cannot find you. There's
only one place where the opposition cannot steal from you. There's only
one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms
of Jesus. Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when
you call on His name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am.
Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the
storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your
holy name in Jesus' name. Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about
COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who
love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves
getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people
to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due
to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer
for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike
Attachments:

14 May 2020 07:39 #2353 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not give the devil an opportunity to work.” (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on God’s promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in victory with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

15 May 2020 05:40 #2354 by DrMike
So that You May be Healed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout scripture, we see that God’s system is based on sowing and reaping. In other words, what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. The same is true when we pray for others. When we focus on doing God’s work, when we yield ourselves to His purposes, then He is able to do a work in us. When we pray for others, we receive His healing power in our lives as a result.

Today, look for ways to reach out to others. There’s always someone in your path that needs what you have. Pray for others in the precious name of Jesus according to the Word of God. Listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and quickly obey. Keep your heart open and be willing to be used by Him. Let His healing virtue flow through you and in you so that you may healed.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I yield myself to You today. Search me and know my heart. Use me for Your glory. Let me be a beacon of Your love and light everywhere I go. Show me who to pray for and let Your healing virtue flow through me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

18 May 2020 07:15 #2355 by DrMike
When You Make a Mistake

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9, NKJV)

When we make mistakes in life, there are three main things that we need to do. Number one, ask for forgiveness. Number two, receive God’s mercy. And number three, move forward with your life. Let it go and press ahead.

So many people today are still beating themselves down over something they did five years ago. They’ve asked God to forgive them a thousand times, but can’t let it go. They go around living depressed, defeated and feeling unworthy. If that’s you, realize today the price has already been paid. The first time you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you. Now you’ve got to receive God’s mercy and press ahead. That mistake did not change who you are to God.

You may have made mistakes today, but because of the blood of Jesus, you are still your Father’s child. You are still the apple of God’s eye. You are still His most prized possession. God may not be pleased with every action, but He is pleased when you receive His forgiveness by faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus which cleanses me from all unrighteousness. Thank You for forgiving me and restoring me. I choose to forget the past and move forward into all that You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

19 May 2020 06:25 #2356 by DrMike
The Good Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land — a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills” (Deuteronomy 8:7, NIV)

Are you facing an area of lack in your life? Lack in your finances, lack in your relationships, lack in your physical health? The good news is that’s not the place God wants you to stay. He wants to bring you into a new land with no lack, no shortage, no defeat and no mediocrity. He wants you to live in a place where you will have more than enough so you can be a blessing to others. He wants to lift you up and keep you up. He wants you to remain stable and strong in Him.

The key is that in order to get God’s results, we have to do things God’s way. His love is unconditional, His access is unlimited, but our obedience is what opens the door to His blessings. We have to do our part and humble ourselves before Him and keep pressing forward with an attitude of faith and expectancy.

Remember, promotion doesn’t come from people, it comes from the Lord. When we follow Him, He leads us into the land of blessing, the land of more than enough, the land of opportunity. Today, put Him first, follow His commands and let Him lead you into the good land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for restoring my soul and leading me beside still waters. Today, I recommit my life afresh and anew. Help me follow Your commands and leading in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

20 May 2020 06:13 #2357 by DrMike
He Will Fight Your Battles

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” (2 Chronicles 32:8, NKJ)

In scripture, the enemy was coming against Hezekiah, causing him all kinds of trouble, trying to keep him from his destiny. But Hezekiah didn’t get all upset. He just kept abiding, being faithful and putting God first. In Second Kings 19, God said, “Hezekiah, I myself will come against this enemy. He will receive word that he is needed at home, and I will cause him to want to return and he will be defeated.”

Notice that when you abide in Him, the Creator of the universe says, “I myself will come against your enemies. I myself will come against that sickness. I myself will come against those who oppose you.” It says God is the one who caused Hezekiah’s enemy to turn around. That means God can cause that unfair boss to take an early retirement. God can cause that neighbor that’s giving you so much trouble to decide to pack up and move. God can cause that classmate to be transferred to another school.

Today, no matter what’s coming against you, keep pressing into God. Put His Word first place in your life. Honor Him in all that you do. Let Him fight your battles and bring you into the land of victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I bless You and praise You today because You are good! Thank You for Your good and precious promises. I submit my ways to You; I surrender my will to You knowing that You are working in my life. Thank You for fighting my battles as I keep myself in covenant with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

21 May 2020 08:13 #2358 by DrMike
Get Your Joy Back!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”(1 Thessalonians 5:16–18, NIV)

Did you know that it is God’s will for you to be joyful always? God wants you to be happy and carefree. He wants you to love your life no matter what your circumstances look like. In fact, when you have joy in the midst of difficult circumstances, it’s the evidence that you have faith and trust that God is going to bring you through.

God’s supernatural joy is strength. When you have His joy, you can stand strong no matter what’s going on around you. You might say, “I’m just not a real jovial person. I’m more serious. I never laugh much.” I realize God made us all differently, but you can train yourself to laugh more. I read where the average child laughs over 200 times a day, but the average adult only laughs 4 times a day. What’s happened? We’ve allowed the pressures of life, stress and more responsibilities to, little by little, steal our joy.

Make the decision today to get your joy back. Decide that you are going to look beyond your problems and look to God to see you through. Ask Him every day to fill you with His supernatural peace and joy so that you can live in His strength and victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I humbly receive Your Word today. I choose to open my heart to You and invite You to fill me with Your joy and strength. Thank You for showing me Your goodness and empowering me with Your grace. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

22 May 2020 05:51 #2359 by DrMike
A Vital Necessity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Set your mind and heart to seek (inquire of and require as your vital necessity) the Lord your God...” (1 Chronicles 22:19 AMP)

What things do you consider a vital necessity in your life? In other words, what can’t you live without? Most people would immediately think of food, water and shelter; but in reality, we can’t really live unless our minds and hearts are set on seeking the Lord. Sure, you can exist without seeking Him, but you are called to more than just mere existence. You are called to live...to thrive...to enjoy your life abundantly! The good news is that you have complete control over what you set your mind and heart on. You decide what you think about.

I encourage you today; set your mind and heart on seeking the Lord! Write down your favorite scriptures and commit them to memory. Whenever you can, think about those verses. Meditate on God and His infinite love. Make a habit of seeking Him and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. When you require the Lord as a vital necessity, you will truly enjoy living the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to set my mind on You. I seek You with my whole heart. Show me Your love and character today. Show me Your ways that I may walk and live closely with You. I love You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

25 May 2020 07:20 #2360 by DrMike
It’s About the Way You Finish

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7, NIV)

So often, when people make mistakes, they get down on themselves and think, “If only...” “I should have...” “What if...?” It’s easy to feel like you’ve missed the best plan for your life. That’s when people get discouraged and stop pursuing their God-given dreams. But understand today, just because you’ve made a mistake or failed in some way, that doesn’t cancel God’s plan. God never disqualifies you. He never says, “Go sit on the sidelines. You’ve blown it too many times. You’ve got too many weaknesses.” No, God always gives you another chance!

Some of the great people in the Bible made very poor choices. The apostle Paul started off as a murderer, yet his destiny was bigger than his mistakes. He ended up becoming a great leader and writing over half of the New Testament.

What am I saying? Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy to me. I trust that my days are ordered of You. I ask that You strengthen and empower me to fulfill Your call on my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds