Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

10 Jun 2020 04:21 #2371 by DrMike
You Are Never Forgotten

Today’s Scripture

“...See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands...” (Isaiah 49:16, NIV)

We all get dropped in life—dropped by an illness, by a divorce, by a friend who turns on you. It’s easy to feel alone and forgotten, as though you don’t matter. But don’t believe those lies and get stuck in that dark place. Every time God opens His hands, He sees your name. He’s reminded of you. You may have had some bad breaks, some closed doors, some people who didn’t do you right, but God hasn’t forgotten about your dreams or the promises He’s given you. He hasn’t forgotten about that baby you’ve been longing to have, that healing, that wholeness, that freedom you need. Stay in faith. Life happens to all of us, and you may get dropped, but remember that it’s only temporary. God sees it. He’s not only going to lift you back up, but He’s going to take you to a higher place of blessing. You’re going to come out better than you were before.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that every time You open Your hands, You see my name. Thank You that You will never forget about me or my dreams or the promises You’ve given me. I believe that You are lifting me up and taking me to a higher place of blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2020 06:48 #2372 by DrMike
Turn Up the Praise

Today’s Scripture

“...the voice of those…who will bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause the captives of the land to return as at the first,” says the LORD...” (Jeremiah 33:11, NKJV)

In today’s Scripture God was saying to His people, who had been taken into captivity in Babylon, that when you thank Him even though you don’t see anything good happening, when you offer up the sacrifice of praise, God is going to reverse negative situations and restore what’s been stolen. When you don’t see how it can work out, but you go through the day saying, “Father, thank You that the answer is on the way; thank You that this problem is turning around,” get ready because God is going to reverse and restore. He’s going to reverse finances that are down, reverse a bad health report, reverse a legal matter, and He’s even going to restore what should have been yours. He’s going to restore years that you’ve lost because somebody did you wrong. He’s going to restore a relationship that’s on the rocks, restore health back to your body. It’s going to happen because of your praise, so turn it up!

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You are bigger than any difficulty I will ever face. You are the Creator of the universe, and I offer You a sacrifice of praise and the deepest worship of my heart. I believe that You will reverse and restore what should have been mine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

12 Jun 2020 05:37 #2373 by DrMike
Be a People Builder

Today’s Scripture

“...Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing...” (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NIV)

The word encourage means “to urge forward.” Every one of us should have someone we believe in, someone we’re urging forward, someone we’re helping to achieve goals and dreams. How do you encourage someone? You study that person and identify what he or she does well. What excites him? What are her strengths? An encourager sees things in others that they often can’t see in themselves. A simple compliment, a single word of encouragement can give a person the confidence he or she needs to take that step of faith.

You have the ability to stir up someone’s dreams by giving them permission to succeed. You can light a fire on the inside that glows joyfully for a lifetime. When you take time to believe in someone, and you speak faith into the heart of another, your words can become the seed God nourishes. You never know the impact a small note or a kind word of encouragement can have. Be a people builder.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the people who have encouraged me and believed the best about me. Help me to use my words to encourage and speak life and blessing into the people around me. Help me stir up others’ dreams and give them permission to succeed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Jun 2020 04:09 #2374 by DrMike
You Are Not a Finished Product

Today’s Scripture

“...Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand...” (Isaiah 64:8, NIV)

One of the worst mistakes you can make is to go through life being against yourself. Some people live with a nagging feeling that’s always telling them, “You’re not good enough. You still have that addiction. You’ll never get it right.” They’ve heard that playing in their minds for so long that it’s become normal.

You may have some areas in which you still struggle and need to improve—we all do—but being down on yourself is not going to help you do better. Keep your flaws in perspective. God is the Potter, we are the clay. He’s the one who is making and molding you. It may not be happening as fast as you would like, but you don’t control the timetable. Will you trust Him in the process you’re in right now? Will you enjoy where you are while God is in the process of changing you? You’re on the Potter’s wheel. God is still working on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Potter and I am the clay. Thank You for where I am right now, faults and all, and that You are molding and making me. Help me to stop being against myself and simply trust You with the process for further change. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Jun 2020 04:07 #2375 by DrMike
The Enemy Has Been Defeated

Today’s Scripture

“...You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world...” (1 John 4:4, NIV)

Some people live worried and afraid because they see the enemy as a powerful force that can control them and keep them defeated. They give him power that he doesn’t have. Our heavenly Father is on the throne. He’s the Judge. He has you in the palms of His hands. Nothing can snatch you away. God is the creator; Satan is a created being, a fallen angel. When Jesus came out of the grave, He took the keys of death and hell away from the enemy. Every force of darkness was broken when Christ rose from the dead. He said, “All power in heaven and earth has been given to Me. Now I give it to you.” You’re more powerful than any force that’s trying to stop you. Don’t be afraid of the enemy. He has already been defeated; he’s afraid of you. We’re in a fixed fight. We know the outcome. God said He always causes you to triumph.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that every force of the enemy was broken when Jesus rose from the dead and took the keys of death and hell from him. Thank You for living in me and empowering me to do battle. I declare that You have a life of victory for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jun 2020 07:04 #2376 by DrMike
Talk about His Greatness

Today’s Scripture

“...Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things...” (1 Chronicles 29:11, NLT)

Many people spend a lot of time talking about and reliving their past mistakes and hurts. Here’s the problem. You’re remembering the wrong things. Nowhere in the Scripture are we told to remember our defeats, failures, or bad breaks. It’s time to quit thinking and talking about it. All that it’s doing is depressing you.

David says in Psalm 34, “Let all who are discouraged take heart.” He goes on to tell us how to do it. “Come, let’s talk about God’s greatness. I prayed and the Lord answered me.” He was saying, “When you’re discouraged, when you don’t see a way out, talk about God’s greatness—not about your problems, not about what didn’t work out. Talk about your answered prayers, the times God healed you, promoted you, stopped the accidents, and turned the problems around. Talk about the Red Seas that have been parted.” When you’re remembering your victories, you’re going to move forward in faith.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for Your greatness and power and glory. Thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways, answering my prayers and doing what I could never do on my own. I declare Your goodness, Your victory, and Your majesty. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

18 Jun 2020 04:26 #2377 by DrMike
Talk about His Greatness

Today’s Scripture

“...Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things...” (1 Chronicles 29:11, NLT)

Many people spend a lot of time talking about and reliving their past mistakes and hurts. Here’s the problem. You’re remembering the wrong things. Nowhere in the Scripture are we told to remember our defeats, failures, or bad breaks. It’s time to quit thinking and talking about it. All that it’s doing is depressing you.

David says in Psalm 34, “Let all who are discouraged take heart.” He goes on to tell us how to do it. “Come, let’s talk about God’s greatness. I prayed and the Lord answered me.” He was saying, “When you’re discouraged, when you don’t see a way out, talk about God’s greatness—not about your problems, not about what didn’t work out. Talk about your answered prayers, the times God healed you, promoted you, stopped the accidents, and turned the problems around. Talk about the Red Seas that have been parted.” When you’re remembering your victories, you’re going to move forward in faith.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for Your greatness and power and glory. Thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways, answering my prayers and doing what I could never do on my own. I declare Your goodness, Your victory, and Your majesty. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

19 Jun 2020 04:07 #2378 by DrMike
It Shall Not Prosper

Today’s Scripture

“...No weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD...” (Isaiah 54:17, NLT)

Today’s Scripture doesn’t say that we won’t have difficulties. That’s not reality. It says, “The problem may form, people may talk, you may get a negative medical report, but you can stay in peace, knowing it’s not going to prosper against you.” Because you’re God’s child, because you’re in the secret place of the Most High, God has a hedge of protection, mercy, and favor around you that the enemy cannot cross. No person, no sickness, no trouble, and no force of darkness can stop God’s plan for your life.

When you face these challenges and you’re tempted to worry, tell yourself: “This problem may have formed, they may be trying to make me look bad, but I’m not worried. This medical report may not look good, but I have a promise from Almighty God that it is not going to prosper. He has me in the palms of His hands. I’m staying in peace. God and I are a majority.”

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that I have Your promise that nothing that forms against me is going to prosper. I declare that because I am Your child, there is a hedge of protection, mercy, and favor around me that the enemy cannot cross. I’m staying in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

22 Jun 2020 04:11 #2379 by DrMike
Shame Off You

Today’s Scripture

“...Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach...” (Isaiah 54:4, NIV)

Shame is one of the enemy’s favorite tools. Starting in our childhoods, he will remind you of every mistake and every failure you’ve ever made, saying “Shame on you” even about things that weren’t your fault. As adults, “Shame on you” plays over and over in our thoughts. If you fell back into a bad habit, you told yourself, “Shame on you.” If you went through a divorce, the message is “Shame on you.” Shame causes us to feel guilty and unworthy, as though we don’t deserve to be blessed.

But today’s Scripture speaks of how God has removed our shame. Whether it was your fault or somebody else’s fault, you don’t have to carry the heavy load of guilt, or beat yourself up over past mistakes, or feel wrong on the inside. When the enemy says, “Shame on you,” God says, “Shame off you. I’ve forgiven you. I’ve redeemed you. I’ve made you valuable.” Your worth comes from your Creator.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You have removed my shame, and You have defeated the enemy who accuses me. Thank You that You have forgiven me of my past mistakes and released me from the guilt. I declare ‘Shame off me!’ to whatever tries to make me feel unworthy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

23 Jun 2020 04:06 #2380 by DrMike
You’re Going to Shine

Today’s Scripture

“...When the LORD saw that Leah was not loved, he enabled her to conceive, but Rachel remained childless...” (Genesis 29:31, NIV)

In today’s Scripture Leah and her sister, Rachel, were both married to Jacob. Rachel was more beautiful, so Jacob didn’t give Leah much time and attention. I’m sure she felt like she was inferior, at a disadvantage, not good enough. That doesn’t go unnoticed. God sees every injustice, every wrong, every tear. Leah went on to have four sons before Rachel had one. Having a son in those days was a big deal. God was saying, “Leah, I’m giving you sons who’ll cause Jacob to notice you.”

You may feel like someone else got all the good breaks, good childhood, good looks, good personality. Don’t worry, your time is coming. God has some advantages for you that will cause you to stand out. You’re not going to always live in the shadow of somebody more talented, more beautiful, more successful. God’s going to cause you to shine. You’re going to excel, you’re going to be known, you’re going to leave your mark.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that nothing that has happened to me has gone unnoticed by You. Thank You that You take it personally, and You go to work to make things right. I believe that as I honor You and put You first that You will cause me to shine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.874 seconds