Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Aug 2020 03:44 #2411 by DrMike
We See Imperfectly

Today’s Scripture

“...Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity...” (1 Corinthians 13:12, NLT)

We all go through painful times when we’re hurting, lonely, undergoing medical treatment, and on the surface, the pieces of our life don’t make sense. We think they can’t be a part of God’s plan. Pain is a part of life, and it often feels like a dark place. It’s easy to get discouraged and think, God, why did this happen? You have to trust that even then, God doesn’t make any mistakes. He’s already designed your life and laid out every piece down to the smallest detail. He never said we would understand everything along the way.

God didn’t promise that there wouldn’t be any pain, suffering, or disappointment. But He did promise that it would all work out for our good. That piece that’s painful, that doesn’t look as though it makes sense—when everything comes together, it’s going to fit perfectly in place. You just can’t see it now because the other pieces are not in place.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that there is a purpose for whatever pain comes my way and that You only allow what I can handle and what is for my good. Thank You that though I may not understand it now, the day is coming when I will see it clearly and understand. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2020 13:22 #2412 by DrMike
Have a “No Excuses” Mentality

Today’s Scripture

“...Don’t seek vengeance. Don’t bear a grudge; but love your neighbor as yourself, for I am Jehovah...” (Leviticus 19:18, TLB)

In the Scripture, Joseph was betrayed and sold into slavery by his own brothers, then falsely accused and put in prison. He could have used excuse after excuse to be bitter and angry, but he had a “no excuses” mentality. He kept doing the right thing when the wrong thing was happening. And in the end, he came out vindicated, promoted, and in a place of influence and respect.

People may have said things about you and done things to you that hurt and offended. Don’t waste your time looking back, nursing your wounds. Reliving what they did, thinking about what didn’t work out are distractions. Let it go and God will be your vindicator. Life is too short for you to waste another day in self-pity. It’s not always easy to get over it and move forward, but here’s the key: the pain of letting it go is less than the pain of holding on and missing your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are the God who fights my battles and vindicates me. Thank You for Your love and grace that are mine. Right now I let go of the hurts, offenses, and wounds of the past. I declare that they have no power over me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

20 Aug 2020 12:13 #2413 by DrMike
When You Run Out of Strength

Today’s Scripture

“...The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you...” (1 Kings 19:7, NIV)

The prophet Elijah had just gone from one of the greatest victories of his life to running away in defeat at the death threat of Queen Jezebel. He was sitting under a tree so depressed that he didn’t want to live. He said, “God, I’m done. It’s over.” He’d just seen a great miracle, but now he was tired of standing strong in faith.

Maybe you’ve been doing the right thing, praying and believing, but you’ve lost your drive. You may not have given up on life but given up on your dreams. Here’s the good news: God doesn’t condemn us or disqualify us or write us off when we get tired. God sent an angel to cook and feed Elijah once, and then a second time to strengthen him. That is what He’ll do for you. He’s going to cause blessings to chase you down. He’s coming a second time to push you into the fullness of your destiny..

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your provisions all along my life journey. Thank You for Your promise of coming to me a second time to renew me with strength and breathe new life into my dreams. I believe that You are coming again to cause blessings to chase me down. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

21 Aug 2020 08:53 #2414 by DrMike
Keep Casting Your Net

Today’s Scripture

“...He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish...” (John 21:6, NIV)

Peter was an experienced fisherman and had been out in the boat all night. He had worked hard, used his best techniques, threw out the nets just where he thought the fish would be, again and again, hour after hour, but nothing. Early the next morning, a man shouted from the beach to throw the net on the right side of the boat. When they did, they caught so many fish they couldn’t haul the net in. Right then, Peter recognized that the man on the beach was Jesus.

Like Peter, you may have worked hard toward your dreams, done your best, used your expertise, exhausted yourself, and come up empty. But God knows where your fish are. God is saying, “Throw out your nets one more time.” The struggle, the disappointment, and the lack were only tests. Your fish are still there. If you’ll throw out your nets again, God is going to cause those stored up blessings to find you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are the God who spoke worlds into existence, and You know how to get the fish to my net. Thank You that the opportunities, the promotions, the breakthroughs are coming. I’m going to keep believing and casting my net. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

24 Aug 2020 07:11 #2415 by DrMike
Before You Let Go

Today’s Scripture

“...I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw...” (Proverbs 24:32, NIV)

When we make poor choices, get into a relationship that we knew would not be good, or get in over our head in our spending, there’s always pain that follows. We talk about how important it is to let go of the past, to let go of the divorce, the failure, the bad break, and that’s true. But before you let go of the negative event, remember the lesson you learned from the experience. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you go through a painful time and don’t come out with what you were supposed to gain. Don’t waste the pain and go through it again.

Are you bringing pain on yourself? Are you struggling with relationships that don’t last, perhaps because you keep saying everything you feel like saying? The pain will stop if you learn the lesson and zip it up. Be big enough to say, “Here’s where I missed it, but I’m not going to do it again.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are full of mercy, and You always give me the grace to get through the consequences of the mistakes I make. Thank You that there are lessons in the pain that are for my good. Help me to learn and remember. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

25 Aug 2020 06:33 #2416 by DrMike
What God Marvels At

Today’s Scripture

“...When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith...” (Matthew 8:10, NIV)

When a Roman officer came to Jesus and said, “One of my employees is very sick, but you don’t have to come to my house. Just speak the word, and I know he’ll be healed,” Jesus marveled at his faith. In Mark 6, it says that Jesus also marveled at the unbelief He was met with in His hometown. What’s interesting is that the people who doubted were the religious people. They were in the synagogue every week. The Roman officer wasn’t a religious person. He hadn’t been indoctrinated to think that it couldn’t happen. He simply believed that Jesus was the Son of God.

When God looks at you, what does He marvel at? Why don’t you come over into faith? You may think that you’re not religious enough, that God would never help you, but God is not looking for religion. He’s looking for people who simply believe in Him, for people who know that He can do the impossible.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for being the God of miracles and that You’re still on the throne no matter what the doubters say. Help me to believe big, dream big, pray big, and think big. I want to be one of the ones who always believes that You can do the impossible. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

26 Aug 2020 05:58 #2417 by DrMike
He’s Not Limited by Seasons

Today’s Scripture

“...For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had...” (John 5:4, KJV)

There was a crippled man who had been lying by the pool of Bethesda for thirty-eight years. The people knew when it was the season for the angel to come. This man knew that was his window of opportunity to get well. One day Jesus came and said to him, “Do you want to get well?” I can imagine the man was confused. It wasn’t the right season for the angel to come. But Jesus said to the man, “Get up, pick up your bed, and walk.” Instantly the man was healed.

Don’t be surprised when God shows up and you aren’t expecting it. God likes to break the rules, so to speak, to do things that we can’t explain. You don’t see any way, the odds are against you. God doesn’t have to wait for the training, for the boss to like you, for the loan to go through, for the economy to improve. He controls the universe. He’s not limited by seasons.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You’re not limited by seasons, by closed doors, by disappointments, or by my preconceived ideas of how You can work. Thank You that You do things out of the box that I’m not expecting. I’m looking for Your surprises. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

27 Aug 2020 06:30 #2418 by DrMike
Come Alive

Today’s Scripture

“...Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live...” (Ezekiel 37:4–5, ESV)

The prophet Ezekiel saw a vision of a valley filled with bones. It was like a huge graveyard of bones from people who had died. Bones represent things in our life that look dead, situations that seem impossible and permanently unchanging. God said, “Prophesy to these dead bones.” Ezekiel started speaking to the bones, telling them to come alive. As he was speaking, the bones started rattling and coming together, morphing back into people. Finally, breath came into those bodies, and they stood up like “a vast army.”

You may have things in your life that seem dead—a relationship, a business, your health. All you can see is a valley of dry bones, so to speak. It’s not enough to just pray about it; you need to speak to it. Prophesy to those dead bones. Call in health. Call in abundance. Call in restoration. God will resurrect what looks dead. He’ll make things happen that you could never make happen.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I can speak to the things in my life that seem dead, and You will breathe life into them and bring resurrection. I believe that as I speak words of faith, You will make things happen that I could never make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

28 Aug 2020 06:44 #2419 by DrMike
Who’s the Boss?

Today’s Scripture

“...For you are still only baby Christians, controlled by your own desires, not God’s...” (1 Corinthians 3:3, TLB)

Today’s Scripture describes a lot of people. If they feel like telling somebody off, feel like buying something they can’t afford, or feel like watching something they know is not good, they do it anyway. Desires and feelings will always be there. The problem is that when we give in to them, we come under their control. The more you feed those feelings—anger, self-pity, a bad attitude, a critical spirit—the stronger they grow.

The way you break free is to quit feeding them. The next time you feel like being upset, stay in peace. Put on some good praise music; think about how much you have to be grateful for. That’s feeding your spirit man instead of feeding your flesh. As your spirit person gets stronger, the flesh is getting weaker. Starve the negative emotions, and over time, they won’t control you. The sign of maturity is that you can feel the negative emotions, but you don’t act on them.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to sow to the Spirit and do what’s right. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

31 Aug 2020 03:41 #2420 by DrMike
From Worst to Best

Today’s Scripture

“...with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among [the disciples] and said, “Peace be with you!...” (John 20:19, NIV)

We celebrate Good Friday each year, but on the day when Jesus was crucified, the disciples thought it was the worst day of their lives. “Tragic Friday” would have been their description. The One whom they had devoted their lives to was dead and buried in a tomb. But a few days later, when Jesus rose from the dead, they realized that He was who He’d said He was. He had defeated the enemy and brought salvation to mankind. What they’d thought was the worst day of their lives became the best.

We all face times when a dream dies, a relationship ends, we come down with an illness—nothing about the situation seems good. It may not be good right now, but God knows how to bring it all together. You may think it is going to stop you, set you back, and cause you heartache. If you’ll stay in faith, one day you’ll look back and say it was good.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You see the big picture for my life and that You use difficulties for my good. Help me to be patient and trusting when things happen that I don’t understand. I believe that You will bring it all together for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.280 seconds