Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Aug 2020 06:24 #2401 by DrMike
Forgiven Much

Today’s Scripture

“...I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love...” (Luke 7:47, NLT)

Jesus was at a Pharisee’s house when an “immoral woman” came in and poured a jar of expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet and began to wash them with her tears and her hair. The religious leaders were shocked that Jesus would allow this “sinner” to touch Him. But though she had made a mess of her life, she loved and longed to please Jesus. When she took one step toward God, He showed her mercy and said, “Your sins are forgiven.”

That’s the God we serve. Maybe you’ve made a mess, and now you think, God will never help me. No, God is not judging you based on what you’ve done. He looks past the outside, past the mistakes and failures, and He looks at your heart. The question is, is your heart turned toward Him? As it was with this lady, when you call out to God, you’re going to see His favor, restoration, and mercy.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for looking beyond my performance and seeing my heart. Thank You for forgiving my mistakes and failures and messes. I’m shaking off the guilt and condemning thoughts and believing that You will show me Your favor and restoration. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2020 03:28 #2402 by DrMike
Get the Right Image

Today’s Scripture

“...If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you...” (James 1:5, NIV)

God is not keeping a record of all your faults. Sometimes we think He’s in heaven, watching to catch us. “I saw that failure. Let me write that down. I heard that comment. Gabriel, put a star by that one—that was really bad. I’ll have to withhold My goodness.” No, God is not a faultfinder. He’s not an accuser. He doesn’t go around saying, “You knew better and still failed, so you’re on your own.” God is not waiting for you to perform perfectly and then He’s going to show you His goodness. He is full of mercy. He’ll show you favor that you don’t deserve.

When you have the right image of God, you know that He’s for you, that He’s not basing His goodness toward you on your performance but on His grace alone. Then all the guilt and the condemnation have to go. God will give you the power to overcome anything that’s holding you back.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are not a faultfinder, but You are full of mercy. Thank You that You are not waiting for me to perform perfectly and then You’ll show me Your love and goodness. I believe that You will empower me to become all You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Aug 2020 04:06 #2403 by DrMike
Remember What God Has Done

Today’s Scripture

“...You may say to yourselves, ‘These nations are stronger than we are. How can we drive them out?’ But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt...” Deuteronomy 7:17–18, NIV

The Israelites were headed toward the Promised Land, but they were up against nations with huge armies that were stronger and more skilled in warfare. The Israelites had just come out of slavery and were just trying to survive in the desert. They were very discouraged when Moses spoke these words to them: “Don’t be afraid. Just remember what God did to Pharaoh.”

If you’re going to overcome obstacles, if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn to remember. On a regular basis, we should go back over the major victories in our life. When you face tough times and your dream looks impossible, just remember. Go back and replay your victories. Relive the times God made a way. When you’re constantly thinking about how He’s protected you, vindicated you, and promoted you, not only will faith rise in your heart, but that attitude of expectancy will allow God to do great things in your future.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the strength that rises within me whenever I remember what You have done in my life. Thank You for the countless times You made a way when it seemed there was no way, and You opened doors that seemed closed. I will not be afraid. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

07 Aug 2020 04:11 #2404 by DrMike
You Have a Defender

Today’s Scripture

“...He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly...” (1 Peter 2:22–23, NLT)

When Jesus was on the earth, He went around doing good, healing the sick, lifting the fallen. He did nothing wrong, but He was misunderstood, criticized, belittled, ridiculed, and falsely accused. How did He respond to protect His reputation? Read today’s Scripture. He didn’t waste His time trying to prove to His critics that He was the Son of God. He just kept being His best, trusting His Father to settle His cases.

We all have people who come against us and make negative comments about us. We spend too much time worrying about what they think, trying to defend ourselves and prove to people who we are. Why don’t you put your reputation in God’s hands? He said He will defend you, and He will vindicate you far better than you can vindicate yourself. You don’t have to retaliate, get even, prove that you’re a nice person, or convince them to change their mind. God can do it better than you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the example that Jesus showed in His response to insults and false accusations. Thank You that I don’t have to waste my time and energy trying to prove who I am or change what others think of me. You are my defender. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

10 Aug 2020 04:18 #2405 by DrMike
The King is Looking for You

Today’s Scripture

“...Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table...” (2 Samuel 9:7, NIV)

Mephibosheth was the grandson of King Saul. His father was Jonathan, David’s best friend. But when Saul and Jonathan were killed in battle, and with the enemy coming to wipe out Saul’s family, young Mephibosheth was crippled in an accident. He ended up living in exile for many years in a poor, run-down city named Lo Debar, barely surviving, with no family and no way out. But one day King David remembered his friend Jonathan and discovered that Mephibosheth was alive. He sent soldiers to look for Mephibosheth, then brought him to the palace to live as royalty and restored his family’s land.

Perhaps you feel stuck in your own Lo Debar. The good news is, the King is looking for you. He wants to restore all that belongs to you as His child—the freedom, the joy, the peace, the victory, the abundance. He wants to pay you back for the unfair things that have happened. There is a seat for you at the King’s table.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for loving me and looking for me because You want me to have all that belongs to me as Your child. Thank You that You found me and brought me to live with You in Your palace forever. I will gladly take my place at Your table. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

11 Aug 2020 03:45 #2406 by DrMike
Use the Power of “But”

Today’s Scripture

“...LORD, how they have increased who trouble me!... But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head...” (Psalm 3:1, 3, NKJV)

In today’s Scripture, David was saying, “God, my enemies are multiplying.” He not only had other armies trying to stop him, but his own son Absalom was trying to take the kingdom from him. David could have thought, I can handle people from the outside trying to take me down, but now it’s my own son. I’m done. This could have been David’s end. But after David stated the hard facts, he took it one step further and said, “But You, O Lord, are my shield.” Notice that David added the “but.” “I’m having a lot of trouble, but the Lord is my shield.”

What’s the message? Don’t let the enemy have the last word. Always add the “but.” “The medical report doesn’t look good, but the Lord is my healer. “A coworker did me wrong, but God is fighting my battles.” “I went through a loss, but God has beauty for ashes.” Every time something negative happens, answer back with a “but.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for being a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head. Thank You that the enemy doesn’t have the last word when something negative happens to me. I will use the power of “but” and see Your promises come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

12 Aug 2020 03:34 #2407 by DrMike
Favor Connections

Today’s Scripture

“...But Noah found favor with the LORD...” (Genesis 6:8, NLT)

When the great flood covered the earth, Noah’s family was the only one that was saved. It was because Noah found favor with the Lord. It doesn’t say Noah’s sons had favor, but because they were connected to Noah, their lives were spared. The principle is, when you are connected with people who are favored, people who are further along, people who are more successful, then that favor will flow down to you. You’ll see increase and blessing because of your association.

The question is, are you connected to people who inspire you, challenge you, and make you strive to do better? Or, are you connected to people who are negative, drain your energy, and cause you to compromise? Eventually, you’re going to become like whoever you’re connected to. You need to disconnect from people who are hindering your growth and find some favor connections—people who are going places, who are at another level, who have what you dream about.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You have already lined up these favor connections for me. Thank You for the people who are ordained to help me go further. Help me to disconnect from people who are hindering my growth and connect with people who are favored. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

13 Aug 2020 03:18 #2408 by DrMike
Release Your Faith

Today’s Scripture

“...Your faith has healed you. Go in peace...” (Luke 8:48, NIV)

Scripture says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” That means you can be obedient and yet have a sour attitude and not please God. You can give, help the poor, and volunteer, which are good things we should do, and not please God. If you’re not believing for things bigger than you can accomplish on your own, if you’re not expecting difficulties to turn around, if you’re not anticipating new levels, and thanking God that He’s opening doors you can’t open, thanking Him that He’s bringing promises to pass, then you’re not releasing your faith. You have to stir up what God put in your heart.

Maybe you’ve been praying, believing, expecting for a long time. Stay in faith; it’s going to happen sooner than it looks. Get ready because God is full of surprises. Many times He’ll do it suddenly, out of the ordinary, you didn’t see it coming. Expect His goodness, and you’ll please God.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are on Your throne and You are bigger than anything I am facing. I know that You work in Your own perfect timing, so I thank You that it’s on the way. I’m looking for Your goodness and Your favor today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

14 Aug 2020 03:34 #2409 by DrMike
You Control the Doorway

Today’s Scripture

“...My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises...” (Psalm 119:148, NIV)

Studies show that we talk to ourselves up to thirty thousand times a day. There is always something playing in our minds. The Scripture tells us to meditate on God’s promises. The word meditate means “to think about over and over.” We need to pay attention to what we’re meditating on.

Meditating is the same principle as worrying. When you worry, you’re just meditating on the wrong thing. You’re using your faith in reverse. If you go through the day worried about your finances, worried about your family, and worried about your future because you’re allowing the wrong thoughts to play, it’s going to cause you to be anxious, fearful, negative, and discouraged. The whole problem is what you’re choosing to meditate on. You control the doorway to your mind. When those negative thoughts come knocking, you don’t have to answer the door. You can say, “No, thanks. I’m going to choose to meditate on what God says about me.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for giving me Your promises to meditate upon. Thank You that Your Word instructs me to think on things that are true, right, wholesome, pure, and of good report. I declare that my trust is in You alone and not in anything else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

17 Aug 2020 03:21 #2410 by DrMike
Blessed Indeed

Today’s Scripture

“...Jabez prayed to the God of Israel: “Bless me, O bless me! Give me land, large tracts of land. And provide your personal protection—don’t let evil hurt me.” God gave him what he asked...” (1 Chronicles 4:10, MSG)

The name Jabez means “pain, sorrow, suffering.” Every time someone said, “Hello, Jabez,” they were saying, “Hello, sorrow. Hello, pain.” They were prophesying defeat and failure. You can imagine how he could have let that make him feel inferior and insecure. But despite what people labeled him, he had the boldness to ask big, that God would bless him with abundance and protection. And God blessed him indeed.

Like Jabez, you may have reasons to settle where you are—what you didn’t get, what people said, the odds may be against you—but the good news is that God is for you. He can thrust you further than you ever imagined, but you have to pray bold prayers. Ask in spite of the circumstances. Ask in spite of what people are saying. Ask in spite of what the enemy keeps whispering in your ears. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn this principle of asking big.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that when the odds are against me, You are for me. Thank You that nothing and no one is more powerful than You, and I can dare to pray bold prayers. I believe that You are going to bless me with abundance as You did Jabez. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds