Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Oct 2020 05:43 #2441 by DrMike
Who’s on Your Side?

Today’s Scripture

“...By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me...” (Psalm 41:11, ESV)

In today’s Scripture when David looked at where he was as the king and thought about all he had gone through to get there—King Saul trying to kill him, people betraying him, armies attacking him—he recognized that God was behind the scenes the whole time, not letting those enemies defeat him. It gave him a boldness for he knew the Lord was on his side.

All of us have some of these “by this I know” experiences. When you look back at how you survived that sickness, how you put yourself through college, how you broke that addiction, you realize it was only by the grace of God, and here you are. When you know the Lord is on your side, it gives you a boldness. You don’t fall apart when opposition comes. Your attitude is, “You’re messing with the wrong person. I may look ordinary, but I have a secret: the Most High God is on my side.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You’ve shown me that You are at my side. By this I know that I will triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2020 03:26 #2442 by DrMike
Rise above the Challenges

Today’s Scripture

“...But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint...” (Isaiah 40:31, NKJV)

In today’s Scripture, it compares a believer to an eagle. It’s interesting how an eagle handles challenges such as a crow. When the eagle is out flying, the crow will come up right behind it and pester it, doing things to annoy it. Although the eagle is much bigger, it can’t maneuver as fast. Instead of getting upset and trying to fight with the crow, it simply spreads out its seven-foot wingspan, catches the winds and rises higher and higher. The eagle can fly at heights the crow cannot.

We all have some crows in life—people who try to pester you into conflict, situations that tempt you to lose your peace and get upset. The good news is, you’re an eagle. You can go up higher. You can fly where crows can’t fly. But if you stay down at their level, get upset with every crow, get involved in battles that don’t matter, those are distractions. They’ll keep you from your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that I can wait upon You to renew my strength and enable me to rise up with wings above the challenges that come against me. Help me to walk in peace and not allow others and situations to get me involved in battles that don’t matter. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

07 Oct 2020 07:51 #2443 by DrMike
When You Pray

Today's Scripture

“Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way.” (Daniel 10:12–13, NLT)

In the Scripture, Daniel prayed and asked God for something, but nothing happened. Day after day went by, no sign of it. Three weeks later, an angel showed up with the answer and said, “From the moment you prayed, God sent me with the answer, but there were forces in my way that stopped me.” God had to send another angel to fight through the forces of darkness.

There are blessings that have your name on them—promotion, businesses, a house, healing, a spouse, a baby, restoration—that you’ve been believing for. There are forces trying to hold back what you’ve been praying for. God is about to release what’s been held up. Stay encouraged; it’s on the way. Just imagine God breaking the way wide open through those forces that are holding it back. You’re going to see what God promised. What has your name on it is on the way. All the forces of darkness cannot stop it.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who rules over the forces of darkness that try to hold back the blessings I am believing for. Thank You that You are breaking the way open right now. I believe You are releasing me into favor and new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Oct 2020 03:37 #2444 by DrMike
Join the Dance

Today's Scripture

As they danced, they sang: “Saul has slain his thousands, and David his tens of thousands.” (1 Samuel 18:7, NIV)

King Saul had been happy running his race until David started getting more praise than him. From that moment on, Saul never looked at David the same way and ended up losing his throne over it. What was his problem? He couldn’t handle somebody getting ahead of him. Saul got distracted and spent months and months trying to kill David all because he wasn’t comfortable with who he was.

Maybe like Saul, you’re at the one thousand level but you have a friend who’s at the ten thousand level. The real test to see if God can promote you is: Can you celebrate people who pass you by and stay focused on your race? Can you celebrate what you’ve accomplished? Our attitude should be: “God may have made me to be a one thousand-level person, but I’m going to be the best one thousand-level person you’ve ever seen. I’m going to become all God has created me to be.”

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the amazing people You have brought into my life, and thank You that You’ve made me amazing as well. Thank You that I am not competing against others but simply running my own race. I celebrate who You have made me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Oct 2020 03:50 #2445 by DrMike
It’s Under Your Feet

Today's Scripture

For he “has put everything under his feet.” (1 Corinthians 15:27, NIV)

How we see our difficulties very often will determine whether or not we get out of them. When you face challenges and things come against you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and start thinking, This is never going to work out. I’ll just have to learn to live with it. That kind of thinking not only pushes you down, but it stops God from working. It’s going to attract fear, worry, and doubt. Many people settle for mediocrity. You have to change your perspective. If you’re going to live in victory, you have to see every sickness, every obstacle, and every temptation as being under your feet. It’s no match for you. It’s not going to keep you from your destiny. It’s already defeated. God is going to use it as a stepping stone to take you higher. It’s just a matter of time before you break through to a new level.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that Your Word says that You have put all things—every sickness, obstacle, and temptation—under my feet. Thank You that I don’t have to just learn to live with it or put up with it. I declare that all of these challenges are under my feet. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Oct 2020 16:13 #2446 by DrMike
Rest from Your Enemies

Today's Scripture

He removed the foreign altars and the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles... No one was at war with him during those years, for the LORD gave him rest. (2 Chronicles 14:3, 6, NIV)

King Asa of Judah inherited a kingdom that was filled with idolatry. His father had passed down compromise, mediocrity, and dysfunction. But Asa understood that just because something negative is passed down doesn’t mean you have to continue it and let it limit your life. He smashed the pagan shrines and altars, and because of it, the Lord gave him rest from his enemies.

If you want rest from that bad attitude, that addiction, or that low self-esteem that most likely was passed down to you, you have get rid of it. Be an Asa and say, “I’m not going to let this anger rule my life. I’m going to pull that stronghold down and smash it. I’m not going to put up with this anxiety and insecurity. I’m removing these limitations. I’m living in peace. I’m going to enjoy my life.” When you make a decision that enough is enough, God will begin to give rest from your enemies.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that I don’t have to be defined by the past, by what was passed down to me or the mistakes I’ve made. Thank You that I can take a stand and remove anything that is holding me back. I will be the difference maker and break the chains. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Oct 2020 03:20 #2447 by DrMike
Be Filled with Good Things

Today's Scripture

He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (Psalm 103:5, NLT)

The reason some people aren’t young and strong in their spirit and vibrant and passionate about life is that there’s no room for God to fill them with good things. All the space is taken up with negatives. Worry will make you weak. Living stressed out will make you old and take your passion. Being bitter, angry, and resentful will shorten your life.

Is God trying to fill you with joy, confidence, and creativity, but there’s no room? If you empty out the negative, God will have room to fill your life with good things. Instead of hanging on to bitterness after someone does you wrong, say, “God, I forgive them. I let it go.” You didn’t just forgive; you made room for God to give you beauty for ashes. When you empty out worry, you’ll have peace in the midst of the storm. Empty out discouragement, and He’ll fill you with joy. He’ll fill you with good things.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You fill my life with good things. I choose to empty out the worry so You can fill me with peace, to empty out the discouragement so You can fill me with joy. I believe that You will keep me young and strong in spirit. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Oct 2020 08:57 #2448 by DrMike
Be Filled with Good Things

Today's Scripture

He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (Psalm 103:5, NLT)

The reason some people aren’t young and strong in their spirit and vibrant and passionate about life is that there’s no room for God to fill them with good things. All the space is taken up with negatives. Worry will make you weak. Living stressed out will make you old and take your passion. Being bitter, angry, and resentful will shorten your life.

Is God trying to fill you with joy, confidence, and creativity, but there’s no room? If you empty out the negative, God will have room to fill your life with good things. Instead of hanging on to bitterness after someone does you wrong, say, “God, I forgive them. I let it go.” You didn’t just forgive; you made room for God to give you beauty for ashes. When you empty out worry, you’ll have peace in the midst of the storm. Empty out discouragement, and He’ll fill you with joy. He’ll fill you with good things.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You fill my life with good things. I choose to empty out the worry so You can fill me with peace, to empty out the discouragement so You can fill me with joy. I believe that You will keep me young and strong in spirit. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Oct 2020 03:36 #2449 by DrMike
Connect with the Right People

Today's Scripture

A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. (Luke 5:7, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, because Peter obeyed Jesus’ instructions to try again after having fished all night and caught nothing, he was blessed with favor and caught so many fish that his net began to tear. But notice that he had so many fish that his partner’s boat was also full of fish. When you’re connected to someone who’s favored, as they increase, you will increase from their overflow.

There are blessings that belong to you that are attached to people whom God has put in your life. If you’re not seeing any fish, evaluate whom you’re connected to. You need to disconnect from relationships that are not producing any increase and connect with people who are seeing favor. You need people who are taking new ground, who think and dream bigger than you, and who will expand your vision and thinking for the new things God has in store. Look around and find the favor connections in your life.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the people whom You’ve brought into my life to recognize, to respect, and connect with. Help me to be wise and honor them, sow into them, learn from them, and partner with them. I believe that You are taking me higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Oct 2020 06:37 #2450 by DrMike
Count it All Joy

Today's Scripture

Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. (James 1:2–3, NKJV)

We’d love to not have any pain, suffering, bad breaks, betrayals, or loss, but that’s not reality. Difficulties will come, and pain is a part of life, so keep the right perspective: there is purpose in your pain. If everything were always easy, we wouldn’t be prepared for our destiny. In the tough, dark times, God is getting you prepared. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. Every struggle is making you stronger. Every difficulty is growing you up. You may not like it, but every painful season is developing something in you that can be developed only in the tough times. That difficulty is an opportunity to develop character, to gain a greater trust in God. If God allowed it, He knows how to bring good out of it. Don’t just go through it; grow through it and keep a good attitude. Count it all joy, knowing that this pain is going to lead to your gain.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that there is a purpose in the pain I experience whether I understand it or not. Thank You that You are preparing me and making me stronger and growing me up. I declare that I will count it all joy and overcome whatever I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds