Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Dec 2020 03:08 #2471 by DrMike
The Desires of Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“...Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart...” (Psalm 37:4, ESV)

Today’s Scripture doesn’t say you have to earn or make the desires of your heart happen. No, God is going to give them to you. You’ll know it’s the hand of God because it’s going to happen without a struggle. If you keep delighting in the Lord and meditating on His Word, filling your mind with thoughts of hope and faith, then without even trying, you’re going to come into your time, and God will give you the desires of your heart.

You have to trust God’s timing when things aren’t happening as fast as you would like. Every season is not harvest. There are seasons of watering, planting, weeding, and fertilizing the ground. These are important seasons. They are times of testing when God is seeing what you’re made of. Are you going to keep a good attitude when you’re doing the right thing but not receiving the desires of our heart? Have faith and patience. You’re closer than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the desires You have put in my heart. Thank You that I don’t have to work for them or make them happen on my own, but You promise to give them to me. I will delight myself in You and fill my mind with Your Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2020 09:28 #2472 by DrMike
Show Your Scars

Today's Scripture

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!” “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. (John 20:27–28, NLT)

After Jesus’ resurrection, Thomas had declared that he wouldn’t believe unless he felt the wounds in Jesus’ hands and side. When Jesus appeared to Thomas, He held out His hands and said, “Touch My scars.” Thomas fell down and said, “Lord, I believe!”

Maybe somebody needs to touch your scars to believe. Maybe they need to hear your story of how God brought you through the sickness, through the divorce, through the mistake or loss. Don’t hide your scars; show your scars. Your scars can inspire someone else to believe. There’s healing in your scars. When you see other people who are wounded, do like Jesus did and tell them, “Touch my scars.” Let them know that what God did for you, He can do for them. When they hear how God healed you, restored you, and blessed you, that will breathe new life into their spirit. God didn’t show you mercy just for your sake; those scars are for somebody else.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the scars that Jesus bore in His hands and side for my redemption. Thank You for healing me of the wounds that I have had. Help me to show my scars and use my scars to encourage others of what You can do for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Dec 2020 05:24 #2473 by DrMike
Pass the Test

Today’s Scripture

“...Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him...” (James 1:12, ESV)

In the Scripture, David was anointed to be the next king of Israel at the age of seventeen. After this incredible promise was given to him, David did not go to the palace for a coronation; he went back to the shepherds’ fields. He was anointed but not appointed. He had to pass the test of being faithful taking care of sheep. He had to pass the test of being good to King Saul even though Saul was trying to kill him. David didn’t take the throne until he was thirty-seven. It took twenty years for him to take the throne, for him to be prepared for where God was taking him.

Don’t get discouraged by the preparation process between the time God puts that dream in your heart and the time it comes to pass. If you keep the right attitude, every struggle you go through, every disappointment, every delay is making you stronger, developing your character, growing you up. Pass those tests. It’s getting you prepared.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for both the anointing and the appointing that You have for my life. Thank You for the training and preparation process that You are taking me through. I believe that I will pass the tests and get to where You are taking me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Dec 2020 06:29 #2474 by DrMike
Guard Your Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“...Your brother was here and tricked me and has carried away your blessing...” (Genesis 27:35, TLB)

Esau was the firstborn son of Jacob and knew he would receive his father’s highest blessing, which included inheritance as well as being the leader of the family clan. But his twin brother, Isaac, deceived their father into giving him the valuable blessing. Esau took the blessing for granted until it was carried away by his brother.

Sometimes we let other people carry away our blessing. We let what they say about us—their disapproval and discouraging words—keep us from who we were meant to be. You have to put your foot down and say, “I’m not going to let people talk me out of my dreams or let a coworker make me feel inferior as though I’m not good enough. I’m not going to let a coach, a teacher, or a counselor talk me into living an average, mediocre, get-by life.” You have seeds of greatness. You are destined to leave your mark on this generation. Don’t let anyone carry away your blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blessing, the gifts, and the talents that You have given me. Thank You for calling me to stir up my gifts, to develop them, and use them well for Your glory. I will guard what You’ve given me and walk in Your blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Dec 2020 03:36 #2475 by DrMike
Marked by Honor

Today’s Scripture

“...Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling...” (Proverbs 20:3, NLT)

A lot of times we think winning a fight is a mark of honor. We walk away from an argument thinking, I won that fight. I told them off. That’s not winning. You fed your ego, but it didn’t strengthen your relationship. You may have won the argument, but how much damage was done? When we say hurtful things, it exacts a heavy price. The real way to win is to avoid it and walk away. That’s a mark of honor. It takes humility. Pride wants to argue and have the last word.

There’s a right way and a right time to address your differences. Do it calmly, express your concerns, and then leave it there. If it starts getting heated, walk away. When you do it God’s way, He’ll fight your battles. He’ll change what needs to be changed. Do what you can to keep the atmosphere loving, kind, and peaceful. Be a person of honor and avoid the fight.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to be a person marked by honor. Help me to know the right way and a right time to quietly and calmly address my differences with others. I want to do it Your way and leave it to You to fight my battles. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Dec 2020 03:37 #2476 by DrMike
He’s Got This, Trust me!

Today’s Scripture

"…Not a scratch was found on him, for he had trusted in his God." (Daniel 6:23, NLT)

In Daniel 6 is the story of how the enemies of Daniel conspired to get him arrested and thrown into the lions’ den for refusing to stop worshipping God. Daniel’s attitude was, “God has me in the palms of His hands. He controls the lions.” He stayed in peace. Everyone else expected the hungry lions to tear Daniel apart, but God supernaturally closed the mouths of the lions. He made Daniel unappetizing!

God never promised that we wouldn’t have difficulties, but He did promise that He would give us strength for every challenge and take what was meant for harm and use it for our advantage. You may have a good reason to worry about something, but there’s a simple phrase you have to get down in your spirit: God’s got this. He already has a solution. Live out of a place of peace and trust. It’s just a matter of time before you see things turn around in your favor.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your promise that You can take the things that are meant to harm me and use them for my good. I receive this word and choose to remain at rest, knowing You’ve got this. I declare that there is no God like You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Dec 2020 03:17 #2477 by DrMike
Something Better

Today’s Scripture

"…Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:40, NIV)

In John 11, Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus that their brother, Lazarus, was very sick. They thought He would come right away and heal Lazarus. But days passed, and Lazarus died. When Jesus showed up, Mary and Martha were so upset. They said, “Jesus, if You had been here, our brother would still be alive.” Against all apparent odds, Jesus went to the tomb and raised Lazarus from the dead.

Sometimes God will wait on purpose till the odds look way against you. You’re ready to bury that dream or promise. You don’t see any way it could work out. But God’s ways are not our ways. Mary and Martha prayed for a healing, but God had a resurrection in mind. Maybe God’s not going to answer your prayers the way you thought. Maybe He has something better than you ever dreamed. Trust Him. Odds don’t determine what He can and cannot do.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are the keeper of my dreams. I trust that You are totally for me when all the odds are stacked against me. I believe that You are working behind the scenes and bringing a resurrection to what I thought was dead. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Dec 2020 06:39 #2478 by DrMike
What’s in Your Picture Frame?

Today’s Scripture

"…He who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6, NKJV)

The greatest key to living a life filled with God’s blessings and favor is to keep God first place in your life. When you make it your highest priority to please Him, you can expect to live a blessed, fulfilled life. Notice who God rewards. Not people who half-heartedly seek Him or who only seek Him when they have a problem. God rewards people who diligently seek Him. Psalm 34:10 adds, “Those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.” When you seek God daily with your whole heart, you won’t be able to outrun the good things of God.

God has a reward that’s just waiting to be released to you, but you have to meet the demands of the reward. God makes it so easy: “If you will just seek Me—if you will get up in the morning and thank Me, read My Word, and make an effort to please Me—I will give you the reward.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I can come to You by faith, knowing that as I seek You, You will reward me. Thank You for the blessings and favor that are mine as I keep You first place in my life. I believe that I will lack no good thing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Dec 2020 03:21 #2479 by DrMike
Christ Makes Everything New

Today’s Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me…" (Psalm 51:10, ESV)

With the new year comes fresh starts, resolutions and new beginnings. It is a time for making plans, setting goals and writing visions. But the greatest "new start" of all comes through Jesus Christ. Second Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." If you need a new beginning this year in any area of your life, allow Christ to make you a new creation, and the old will pass away! He will put a new and right spirit within you when you call on His name!

This year, make your relationship with Him your number one priority. When you put God first place and make it your highest priority to please Him, you can expect to live a blessed, fulfilled life. Scripture states, “God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Notice who God rewards. Not people who half-heartedly seek Him, only seek Him when they have a problem, or come to church only on special occasions. God rewards people who diligently seek Him. Psalm 34:10 adds: “Those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” When you seek God daily with your whole heart in this new year, you won’t be able to outrun the good things of God!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, as we enter into a new year, I choose to put You first. Wipe the slate clean as I develop a deeper personal relationship with You. Thank You for new beginnings as I walk every day with You in Jesus' name! Amen."

Attachments:

14 Dec 2020 03:28 #2480 by DrMike
He Prepares The Way For Victory

Today’s Scripture

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ…" (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

There are times in life when we all face situations that seem impossible. It's easy to get discouraged and think that things won't ever work out. But the Scripture tells us that God goes before us and makes our crooked places straight. In other words, even though you may not have the connections you need right now, you don't have to worry. God is going before you lining up the right people, arranging the right breaks, and setting up the right opportunities. He is preparing the way for victory!

Today, if you are facing difficulty, don't fall into the temptation to get negative and sour. That adversity is no surprise to God. He's not up in the heavens scratching His head and thinking, "Oh, no! Now what am I going to do?" No, He already has every day of your life written in His book. Before you had that problem, God already had the solution. He is going before you right now preparing the next chapter of your life. Stay in faith and keep the right attitude because He is moving you forward into the victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

""Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. I choose today to trust in You, knowing that You are good, and You always lead me into victory in Jesus' name. Amen.""

Time to create page: 1.199 seconds