Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Dec 2020 03:36 #2481 by DrMike
You Have a New Name

Today's Scripture

Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.” (Genesis 32:28, NIV)

Jacob’s name means “a supplanter, a deceiver,” and that was how he lived. Later in his life, he got tired of living like that. One night he went to get alone with God when an angel appeared to him and said, “God has a new name for you. Your name will be Israel,” which means “prince with God.” He was saying, “Being a deceiver is not your true identity. You are a prince. You will reign in life.” The first thing God had to do was to get the shame off of Jacob.

Maybe you have let your circumstances, your failures, or even other people put a label on you that says, “shame on you.” No, God’s grace changes all that. God says, “I’m going to bless you anyway. I know your true identity.” He is changing our names to “Prince,” to “Princess,” to “Forgiven,” to “Highly Favored.” Agree with what God is saying, and He will bless you in amazing ways.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have a new name for me, and by Your grace I am going to reign in life. Thank You that I can take negative labels off my life and proudly wear the name of “Redeemed.” I believe that You are going to bless me in amazing ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2020 03:06 #2482 by DrMike
Guard Your Sense of Value

Today's Scripture

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10, NIV)

If somebody did you wrong, rather than internalize it and wonder if there is something wrong with you, have you ever thought that they hurt you because they were messed up? Maybe they felt so badly about themselves, so unlovable, that they tried to project it onto you. How they are treating you flows from their own insecurities, fears, hurts, wounds, prejudices, and dysfunctions. Hurting people end up hurting other people. Messed-up people can mess you up. If you base your value on what they’re giving you, you can end up dysfunctional.

Don’t let what others say about you define who you are. Don’t let what you didn’t get from them make you feel as though you’re to blame. Quit letting how people treat you make you feel inferior. You have to go to your heavenly Father. They’re not your Savior. You already have a Savior. He’s on the throne. Go to Him and not to people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come to You for all the approval and love that I need to live securely. Help me recognize that hurting people hurt others and guard my sense of value when I come under attack. Thank You for being my Savior. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Dec 2020 07:36 #2483 by DrMike
Be a Nevertheless Person

Today's Scripture

But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” (Luke 5:5, NKJV)

Peter was an experienced fisherman and had spent all night fishing and caught nothing when Jesus told him to put out into the deep and drop the nets. It seemed illogical because in the daylight, the fish would go deeper than the nets. Peter did not deny the facts, but he said in effect, “It doesn’t make sense; nevertheless, at Your word I’m going to do it,” and he caught so many fish the nets began to break.

Practical people would have missed this miracle. People who only look at things logically, reasonably, statistically would have talked themselves out of it. God is looking for nevertheless people. When you don’t see how you can ever accomplish your dream, get your health back, or see your family restored, say, “The odds are against me. It looks impossible. I tried and it didn’t work out; nevertheless, I still believe. Nevertheless, I’m going to try again. Nevertheless, I’m going to keep praying, hoping, and expecting.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and desires that You put in me that are bigger than I can achieve. It looks too big for me; nevertheless, I know that with You all things are possible. I believe that what You have started in my life You will finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”

Attachments:

18 Dec 2020 03:24 #2484 by DrMike
How to Get Through Your Storm!

Today's Scripture

Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith? (Mark 4:40, NLT)

In Mark 4, Jesus said to His disciples, “Let’s go to the other side of the lake,” but along the way they were caught in a furious night storm. The winds were so strong that the disciples thought the boat was going to capsize, so they woke Jesus up. He rebuked the storm, and everything calmed down.

When we’re in a storm, we often get upset and panic as the disciples did. “God, You have to help! This medical report is bad. My finances aren’t making it. My relationship is falling apart.” Quit being upset and losing sleep over your troubles. God knew there would be a storm before He told the disciples to go over the lake. When He puts a promise in your heart, all the forces of darkness cannot stop Him from getting you there. God is not ignoring your prayers. You don’t have to wake Him up. He’s teaching you to have faith in the middle of the storm.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not just the God of the start of my storm, not just the God of my finish, but You’re also the God of the middle. Thank You that You are here to protect me and provide for me. I believe You will still my storms. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Dec 2020 03:13 #2485 by DrMike
Let Your Light Shine

Today's Scripture

“Don’t hide your light! Let it shine for all; let your good deeds glow for all to see, so that they will praise your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:16, TLB)

There are times when God will allow us to go through a painful season so He can birth something new on the inside. If you go through something you don’t understand, God allowed this to happen because He trusts you. He knows He can count on you to take the same comfort, the same healing, the same encouragement that helped you overcome this trouble and share it with others.

Can God trust you with pain? Or will you get caught up wondering, I don’t understand why this is happening to me? I say this respectfully: it’s not all about you. What if God has allowed this difficulty so three years down the road you can help somebody else move forward? Can He trust you? God is counting on you to let your light shine through the dark places. What you’ve been through will help somebody else get through it. Be on the lookout for others you can encourage.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You want to use me to help others who are struggling in the same areas where I have struggled. Thank You that I am uniquely qualified to comfort those who are going through what I’ve gone through. Help me to shine my light brightly. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Dec 2020 03:27 #2486 by DrMike
Put Some New Pictures Up

Today's Scripture

Then he took him outside and said, “Look at the sky. Count the stars. Can you do it? Count your descendants! You’re going to have a big family, Abram!” (Genesis 15:5, MSG)

When God promised Abraham that he was going to be the father of many nations, Abraham was in his eighties. He and his wife, Sarah, were too old to have a child. God told him to look up into the nighttime sky, and he would have as many descendants as the stars. God wanted him to have a picture of it in his mind because He knew the negative images would come. Every time Abraham was tempted to think the promise could never happen, he only needed to imagine all those stars of promise. Twenty years later, Sarah gave birth.

What’s playing on the picture screen of your mind? God has spoken over you how you’ll accomplish your dreams, break that addiction, see your health restored. Are you letting discouraging images keep you from God’s best? God wants to use your imagination for the good, to create vision, to make you hopeful, to fill you with faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can use my imagination to help me stay positive, to be filled with hope and faith. Thank You for the pictures in my mind that remind me of the promises You have spoken over me. I believe I will overcome every obstacle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Dec 2020 05:05 #2487 by DrMike
Who Told You That?

Today’s Scripture

“...But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ...” (2 Corinthians 11:3, NIV)

In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were living confident and secure with God. They knew they had His blessing and favor. But one day the enemy deceived them into eating the forbidden fruit, and immediately they were afraid. They ran and hid. When God called out to Adam, “Where are you?” Adam said, “We’re hiding because we’re naked.” God asked, “Who told you that you were naked?”

God is asking us today, “Who told you that you’re not good enough? That you’re just average? That you can’t accomplish your dreams?” Those negative thoughts didn’t come from our God. Those lies open the door to fear, insecurity, and shame. They focus on what we’re not, on the mistakes we’ve made, on what other people have said about us. Don’t let the enemy deceive you. You are a child of the Most High God. You are not average or mediocre; you are royalty. Keep your crown on.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me a crown of glory and honor and even the enemy does not have the power to take it from me. Thank You that I am covered by Your grace and made in Your image. I declare my confidence is in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Dec 2020 06:55 #2488 by DrMike
Prequalified for Double

Today's Scripture

For we know him who said, “Justice belongs to me; I will repay them.” (Hebrews 10:30, TLB)

God has seen every unfair thing you’ve gone through, every person who did you wrong, every tear, every lonely night. He’s your heavenly Father, and He knows how to pay you back for what’s unfair. You don’t have to live worried because God is going to make up for the wrongs that were done.

The prophet Isaiah says that when God pays you back, “He will give you a twofold recompense.” That means God will pay you back double. In the Scripture, it wasn’t a coincidence that after all the heartache and pain that Job went through, he came out with double what he had before the testing of his faith. When you’re in an unfair situation, instead of getting sour, have a new perspective—that just qualified you for double. They meant it to harm you, but God is going to use it to promote you. When He pays you back, you’re going to come out loaded down with blessings.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are still on the throne, and You are my vindicator. Thank You that You can bring me out of difficulties better off that I was before they showed up. I believe that You are going to exceed my expectations and amaze me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Dec 2020 07:53 #2489 by DrMike
Every Need Supplied Abundantly

Today's Scripture

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19, ESV)

Sometimes religion can make you feel like it’s wrong to be blessed and have resources, but David says, “God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” It brings a smile to God’s face to make things happen that amaze you, to increase you in ways that you’ve never imagined. It gives our heavenly Father pleasure to see you blessed. You may not see how it can happen, but that’s not your job. Your job is to believe.

You were created to live an abundant life. Today’s Scripture says that God will supply all our needs according to His riches. It doesn’t say according to your talent or your education, or if your boss likes you, or if the economy is good, or if you have the right friends. It’s not according to what you have; it’s according to what He has. The good news is, God owns it all. If He doesn’t have what you need, He can create it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You’re a more-than-enough God. Thank You that You take pleasure in prospering me and supply all my needs according to Your riches. I believe that You are opening doors that I can’t open and showing me favor that I didn’t deserve. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

31 Dec 2020 03:46 #2490 by DrMike
Look Up and Listen

Today's Scripture

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1, NIV)

Hebrews 11 talks about the heroes of faith and all the amazing things they accomplished. They didn’t have a Bible like we do today. They didn’t have the written promises to stand on like we do. They didn’t know how it was going turn out, yet they chose to believe. Think of David, think of Moses, think of Abraham and Sarah. They withstood hardships, endured ridicule, fought giants, overcame enemies. Today’s Scripture paints the picture of a huge heavenly stadium filled with the saints of old, including loved ones that have gone before us, cheering us on in our race.

When you’re tempted do get discouraged in your daily race and losing heart, just look up and listen up. Do you hear it? All of heaven is cheering for you. Just imagine in that heavenly stadium that people are calling out your name, saying, “Run, baby, run! Stay strong. This is your time. You are well able. Leave your mark!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the heroes of faith whose lives help show me how to live for You and who are cheering me on from heaven today. Thank You for their messages of perseverance and overcoming hardships. Help me to run my race with purpose and strength. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds