Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Jan 2021 08:20 #2501 by DrMike
Praise Brings Down Walls

Today's Scripture

“And when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, when you hear the sound of the trumpet, then all the people shall shout with a great shout, and the wall of the city will fall down flat.(Joshua 6:5, ESV)

Jericho was the last city that stood between the Israelites and the Promised Land. Its towering city walls were so wide that chariots rode on top of them. It looked impossible. God told Joshua to have them march around the wall for six days, then on the seventh day on the seventh time around, they were to give a great shout of praise. It didn’t make sense to them, but God was saying, “If you’ll praise Me while the wall is still standing, you’ll see things begin to change.”

There’s always a Jericho that stands between you and your Promised Land, one last obstacle that looks insurmountable. Will you trust God enough to praise Him in spite of a bad medical report, to thank Him for freedom when you still have the addiction? You’re so close, but you don’t see how you can get passed it. Don’t complain. Turn up your praise. Praise is what’s going to bring the wall down.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no obstacle is so high and wide that it can withstand Your touch. Thank You that You’re fighting my battles, and You hold victory in store for the upright. I believe that You will get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2021 07:05 #2502 by DrMike
The Right People

Today's Scripture

Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. (Proverbs 13:20, NLT)

Who you spend your time with will have a great impact on what kind of life you live. There are people whom God ordained to come across your path to help you fulfill your destiny. The right people have already been lined up to inspire you, challenge you, and make you better. But if you’re hanging around people who are dragging you down, causing you to compromise, and draining your energy, you’re going to get stuck. You can’t hang out with chickens and expect to soar with eagles. You’re going to become like the people with whom you continually associate. If your friends are people of excellence, kind, considerate, and generous, those qualities are going to rub off on you. But if your friends are negative, critical, unmotivated, and compromisers, this is your wake-up call. You’re not going to become who you were created to be hanging around them. You need some new friends. Life is too short to waste your valuable time with the wrong people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the friends in my life who inspire me, challenge me, and make me better. Help me to be wise about whom I spend my time with and to know the friendships I need to distance myself from and the friendships I need to develop. I want to walk with the right people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

20 Jan 2021 03:57 #2503 by DrMike
When Offenses Come, and they will

Today's Scripture

He said to His disciples, “Offenses will certainly come.” (Luke 17:1, HCSB)

Jesus didn’t say that offenses might come to us. He didn’t say that if you’re kind, if you pray and quote the Scriptures, you’ll be exempt from grumpy people and people who cut you off in traffic. He said offenses will certainly come. You will have opportunities on a regular basis to get upset, to argue, to become offended and bitter, and to try to pay people back. That word “offense” comes from a Greek word that means “to bait,” referring to the bait that’s used to lure animals into a trap. When you’re tempted to be offended, when someone is critical, rude, condescending, or says something derogatory to you, recognize that the enemy is trying to deceive you into his trap. He’s saying, “Come on, get upset. Argue with them and tell them off.” Instead of letting it upset you, say, “No, thanks. I’m not taking the bait. This is just a distraction. I’m going to enjoy this day and keep my peace.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and keep it free from all the negative things that try to bait me to let them enter in. I declare that I will not allow offenses to get inside and make me upset and bitter. I declare that I’m not taking the bait, and I’m keeping my peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Jan 2021 04:16 #2504 by DrMike
No Smell of Smoke

Today's Scripture

They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them. (Daniel 3:27, NIV)

In the book of Daniel, when three Hebrew teenagers wouldn’t bow to the king’s golden idol, they were thrown into a fiery furnace. To just survive would have been a great miracle, but notice how today’s Scripture describes how God works. When He restores, there’s no sign of the fire you’ve been through—the trouble, the injustice, the bad break—not even the smell of smoke.

Isaiah 43:2 says, “When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. The flames will not harm you.” We all go through the fire—things that are unfair, things we don’t understand. In the fire, you have to remind yourself, “These people are not going to harm me. This challenge is not going to keep me from my dreams. This sickness is not going to stop my purpose.” You’re going to come out without the smell of smoke. Things are changing in your favor right now—healing, vindication, promotion, and breakthroughs are on the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me through the fire and flames. Even when life doesn’t make sense, I choose to trust in You and believe that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I believe I will come through without the smell of smoke. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”

Attachments:

22 Jan 2021 07:11 #2505 by DrMike
“You Promised”

Today's Scripture

You who…put the Lord in remembrance [of His promises], keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6, AMPC)

Most of us are good at telling God our problems, but Isaiah tells us to put the Lord in remembrance of His promises, not our problems. It’s easy to complain and say, “God, these people aren’t treating me right. My back’s hurting, and my child isn’t doing right.” But don’t just pray the problem, pray the promises. When you face difficulties, find a promise in the Scripture and remind God of what He said about you. “God, You promised to restore health back to me. You promised You would be my vindicator. You promised that my children will be mighty in the land.”

God is not obligated to bring to pass what you say, but He is obligated to bring to pass what He says. When you say, “God, You promised,” angels go to work, forces of darkness are pushed back, chains are broken, favor is released in a new way, and impossible situations turn around. Nothing can stand against our God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know everything I need before I even ask. Thank You that I can stir up my faith and put You in remembrance of Your promises. I believe that when I say ‘You promised,’ something powerful happens because You watch over Your Word to perform it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Jan 2021 03:00 #2506 by DrMike
He Is Your Source

Today's Scripture

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17, ESV)

It’s easy to look to people or to our job as our source. Yes, God uses people, jobs, and contracts, but they are not the Source. They are simply resources that the Source uses. If you’re seeing anything or anyone other than God as your source, when something happens to that something or someone, you’ll think, “What am I going to do? My source has been cut off.” No, the Source is just fine. God is still on the throne. That good gift may come through people, but it came from your heavenly Father. Your salary or contract may come through a connection, but it came from God.

That’s why you don’t have to play up to people at work or compromise to get a good break. You’re not at the mercy of the economy, or who likes you, or what your boss does. People are not your provider; God is your provider. God has all kinds of resources He can use.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my Source. You are constantly working, constantly showing me Your goodness with every good gift that comes into my life. I want to live today with an attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness. I will not take Your goodness for granted. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Jan 2021 02:54 #2507 by DrMike
Taken Higher

Today's Scripture

From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psalm 61:2, NIV)

Many people get frustrated and soured on life because of their unanswered whys. Not everything along your life’s way is going to make sense. You may never understand why something happened the way it did, but God knows what He’s doing. He wouldn’t allow it if it weren’t going to somehow work for your good. This is where faith comes in. Nothing that’s happened to you can keep you from your destiny. The only thing that can stop you is you. If you get negative and bitter and lose your passion, that’s going to keep you from God’s best. You may have had unfair things happen to you, but I’ve learned that the depth of our pain is an indication of the height of our future. The taller the building, the deeper the foundation. When you go through difficulties and unfair situations, God is getting you prepared to be taken higher than you ever imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know best when it comes to the things I want and the twists of life that I don’t understand. Thank You that You’ll take me through my unanswered whys and lead me higher than I’ve ever imagined. I believe that Your plans for me are good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Jan 2021 07:10 #2508 by DrMike
Run with Purpose

Today's Scripture

Run with Purpose (1 Corinthians 9:26, NLT)

With the new year comes fresh starts, resolutions, and new beginnings. It’s a good time to reevaluate what you’re doing. Refocus your life. Get rid of any distractions. Paul said every step he took was purposeful. When we understand the value of time and see each day of the coming year as the gift that it is, it helps us to keep the right perspective.

God has entrusted you with His life. He’s put gifts and talents on the inside. You’re not just on planet earth taking up space. You’re a person of destiny. With that gift of life comes a responsibility to develop your talents, to pursue your dreams, and to become who God’s created you to be. Have you set short-term and long-term goals for your life? Do you have a plan? What specific steps will you take to improve your use of time and start taking steps toward your goals and becoming who God’s created you to be?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the new year ahead and new beginnings. Help me to reevaluate what I am doing, to refocus my life, and to get rid of anything that’s distracting me from Your plan for my life. I want to run this year with Your purpose before me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Jan 2021 08:05 #2509 by DrMike
Say Goodbye

Today's Scripture

“The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation…” (Genesis 12:1–2, NIV)

God told Abraham to leave his relatives and move to another land. I’m sure he loved his relatives. For a season, everything had been fine, but when God was about to do something new and big for Abraham, He knew that the people and things around him would try to keep him from what He had put in his heart. Sometimes you have to leave certain things behind so you can become all you were created to be.

Is there something you need to leave behind—a hurt, a bad attitude, or an area that you’re compromising in? Don’t bring that into the new year. Those things were in your 2020, but they don’t belong in 2021. You can’t go through life holding on to hurts, wrong attitudes, and people who are not good for you. Say goodbye to failure; this is a new day. Say goodbye to guilt; you’re forgiven. Say goodbye to what didn’t work out; God has something better. It’s going to be a bountiful, abundant, flourishing year.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to follow You and Your direction in my life. Thank You that I can say goodbye to all the negative baggage that comes from carrying past failures, guilt, and blame. I look forward to the new things You’re doing in my life this year. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Feb 2021 03:12 #2510 by DrMike
Drop it, Leave it, and Let it Go

Today's Scripture

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. (Colossians 3:13, NLT)

There was a man in the Scripture named Ahithophel who was a close advisor to King David for over twenty-five years. But when David’s son, Absalom, made an attempt to take over the throne, Ahithophel deserted David and started advising Absalom. Many scholars believe that Ahithophel was the grandfather of Bathsheba with whom David had an affair and whose husband David had given instructions to be killed in battle. That would explain why he betrayed David so easily—for all those years the poison of unforgiveness was simmering on the inside. Sadly, Ahithophel’s life ended tragically.

What David did was horribly wrong. Ahithophel had a reason to be angry. But when you hold on to unforgiveness, it actually holds you. That poison will lead you down the wrong path. Don’t hold on to negative baggage. Forgive—drop it, leave it, and let it go. When you do, God will heal your hurts and restore your broken pieces. He’ll pay you back for the injustice.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have forgiven me and cleansed away the poison of my own sins. Thank You that I can do the same with others and not allow what’s past to simmer on the inside. I believe that You will heal my hurts and restore me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.615 seconds