Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Mar 2021 06:31 #2541 by DrMike
Be Slow to Speak

Today's Scripture

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. (James 1:19, NIV)

When somebody gets on your nerves and you feel annoyed, you can’t just pop off and say everything you feel. You need to step back, take a deep breath, and think about what you’re going to say. Don’t speak out of your emotions and let your tongue run wild. Be disciplined and calm down. Some things are better left unsaid. You don’t have to win every argument, or comment on every situation, or set everyone straight. Even when you know they’re wrong, ask yourself, “Is this worth fighting over?” Just bite your tongue and let it go.

Do you know how many headaches you could save yourself if you would just zip it up and not make hurtful comments you’re going to regret later? It takes seconds to say it, but years later the pain may still be felt. It’s much better to be slow to speak, to think about what you’re going to say, and never damage your relationships.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness, love, and faithfulness in my life. I know that my words are powerful and that I must be disciplined to not speak out of my emotions. I choose to be slow to speak, slow to become angry, and quick to let things go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2021 04:34 #2542 by DrMike
All is Well

Today's Scripture

“…say to her, ‘Is all well with you? Is all well with your husband? Is all well with the child?’” And she answered, “All is well.” (2 Kings 4:26, ESV)

Second Kings 4 records the story of a mother whose little boy suddenly died in her arms. Yet even when it looked unbearable, she knew that unexpected trouble wasn’t a surprise to God. She immediately set out to get her friend the prophet Elisha. Twice she was asked if her child was well, and she answered, “All is well.” She knew that God could make a way where she didn’t see a way. Elisha prayed for the little boy, and he miraculously came back to life.

We all face unexpected challenges—the loss of a loved one, a personal failure, a layoff, a sickness. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. But rather than complain and go around in self-pity, go deeper and instead have a report of faith, “All is well. God’s in control.” Then because you are rooted in the Most High God, you’ll feel the peace that passes understanding and have the strength to endure what should have taken you out.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who sees every unexpected and uncertain circumstance I will ever face. I declare that my peace and strength are in You, and my roots are firmly set in You. All is well today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

22 Mar 2021 07:57 #2543 by DrMike
What Do You Want?

Today's Scripture

“Be quiet!” the crowd yelled at them. But they only shouted louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!” When Jesus heard them, he stopped and called, “What do you want me to do for you?” (Matthew 20:31–32, NLT)

It seemed obvious what the blind men needed. Why did Jesus ask them? Because He wanted to see what they were believing. They could’ve said, “Jesus, we just need cash for some food.” If they had asked from a limited mentality, it would have kept them in defeat. Instead, they asked big. They said, “Lord, we want to see.” They were saying, “We know You can do the impossible.” When Jesus heard their request, He touched their eyes, and instantly, they could see.

God is asking us the same question: “What do you want Me to do for you?” Now, how you answer is going to have a great impact on what God does. Don’t say, “God, help me endure my job. Help me get by.” No, dare to ask big. “God, I want to see my whole family serve You.” “God, I want to pay off my house loan.” Ask for your dreams. Ask even for things that seem impossible.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that just as You restored the sight of the blind men, You can do the impossible in my life. Thank You that I can bring You the desires of my heart. Help me be bold to ask You for the big things only You can make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Mar 2021 07:38 #2544 by DrMike
Sing a New Song

Today's Scripture

“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare…Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the end of the earth.” (Isaiah 42:9–10, ESV)

In today’s Scripture, God is saying that the things you’ve been struggling with are coming to an end—the disappointment, the hurt, the bad habits. He’s about to put a stop to it and do a new thing. But if you’re going to see the negative come to an end and God do a new thing, you have to sing a new song. You can’t go around with that same old song of who hurt me and how wrong it was. No more singing about what you can’t do and how it’s never going to work out. No, get rid of that song of defeat and self-pity and start singing a song of victory. “I know God’s turning it to my advantage. He’s turning my mourning into dancing. He’s armed me with strength for this battle. I will lose this weight. I will break this addiction.”

Is there something you need to get over today? Make this decision: no more excuses.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are worthy of my worship and new songs of praise. Thank You that I can put the old sad songs of defeat behind me and start singing songs of victory. I declare that this is a new day, and my dreams and vision are being renewed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 Mar 2021 06:18 #2545 by DrMike
Don’t Rely on People’s Approval

Today's Scripture

“Your approval means nothing to me.” (John 5:41, NLT)

It’s great when people cheer us on and make us feel valuable. We love when a friend compliments us or a coworker helps us on a project. God uses people to help move us toward our destiny. But you can’t become so dependent on people that you’re trying to get your worth and value from them. It’s easy to rely on them to keep you feeling good about yourself and make you feel approved. But if they don’t give you their approval and meet your expectations, you’ll feel discouraged and inferior, and you’ll work overtime to try to win their approval. The problem is, you’re trying to get from people what only God can give. Your value, your self-worth doesn’t come from another person—it comes from your Creator.

Jesus knew better than to rely on people. What they do or don’t do doesn’t determine your worth and cannot stop your purpose. Quit depending on others’ approval and start approving yourself.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life to help me move to my destiny. Help me, though, not to become dependent upon their approval or try to get my value from them. I declare that I have Your approval and love, and that’s all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Apr 2021 06:29 #2546 by DrMike
Unconditional Trust

Today's Scripture

“But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” (Daniel 3:18, NIV)

This is what three Hebrew teenagers did in the Scripture. They wouldn’t bow down to the king of Babylon’s golden idol. He was so furious that he was about to have them thrown into a fiery furnace. They said, “King, we’re not worried. We know that our God will deliver us. But even if He doesn’t, we’re still not going to bow down.” That’s unconditional trust.

You may have a lot coming against you. Perhaps, you feel as though you’re about to be thrown into a fire. This is the key: stay in faith, believe in your dreams, believe the situation will turn around, and then declare, “Even if it doesn’t happen my way, I’m still going to be happy. God, if You turn it around, or if You don’t turn it around, I’m still going to give You praise.” You live like that and all the forces of darkness cannot keep you from your destiny.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that You are worthy of my unconditional trust. There are things in my life that I don’t understand, situations I want to see changed, but even if they never happen, I’m still going to trust You. I gladly leave these matters in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Apr 2021 04:08 #2547 by DrMike
When To Walk Away

Today's Scripture

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:21, NIV)

When David was a teenager, his oldest brother, Eliab, spoke to him in the most condescending, disrespectful, and accusatory way in front of others (see 1 Samuel 17:28). Rest assured that David felt like telling his brother off, but he kept his mouth closed, turned and walked away. Seeing such self-discipline, it’s no wonder God entrusted David to do great things.

You know that if you argue long enough with someone, you’re going to say things you regret later. A ten-minute argument can set the relationship back ten years. You have to learn to walk away. You’re not going to accomplish anything positive in a heated, disrespectful, contentious situation. Let them have the last word, and you keep your peace. The Scripture says that you “overcome evil with good.” You don’t overcome disrespect with more disrespect, or overcome insult with insult, or overcome shouting with more shouting. You do it by staying respectful. You be the first to walk away.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in every way possible Jesus overcame evil by doing good. Thank You for giving me the grace to overcome evil by doing good as well. Help me to stay respectful in all of my conversations and every situation and walk away when necessary. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Apr 2021 03:57 #2548 by DrMike
Break Out of the Mold

Today's Scripture

Hezekiah trusted in the LORD, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him. He held fast to the LORD and did not stop following him…And the LORD was with him; he was successful in whatever he undertook. (2 Kings 18:5–7, NIV)

Hezekiah’s father was King Ahaz of Judah, who set up idols for the people to worship and closed the doors of the temple. He didn’t honor God, and the nation went downhill and became very poor. Hezekiah was raised in an environment of compromise, defeat, and mediocrity. He could have turned out like his dad and adapted to that environment, but when he became king, the first thing Hezekiah did was to reopen the temple. He turned the nation back toward God.

You may be in some kind of limited environment. If Hezekiah were here today, he would tell you, “You can break out of the mold. You can be the difference maker. You can be the one who sets your family on a course to honoring God, a course of blessing, favor, and victory.” Recondition your mind, start thinking better, believing that you’re a can-do person, knowing that you have seeds of greatness, and you too will break barriers that you thought were impossible.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that I can break out of the mold and be a difference maker. Thank You that I can live a life that honors You and is a blessing to my family. I declare that I will not live a life of compromise, but rather one of favor and victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Apr 2021 03:56 #2549 by DrMike
Just Say No!

Today's Scripture

For the one who sows to his flesh, will reap from the flesh ruin and destruction, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Galatians 6:8, AMP)

When we sow to the Spirit, when we do the right thing when it's hard, we're going to reap blessings, favor, increase, abundant and eternal life. But if we keep giving into our fleshly, carnal desires, doing whatever we feel - I feel lazy, so I'm taking a sick day. I feel like compromising, so I'm giving into this temptation. I feel like staying up all night and being on the internet, so I'll skip classes tomorrow you'll only reap ruin and destruction. But when you discipline yourself to take the high road, when you tell your flesh no, you're sowing to the Spirit. It may not happen overnight, but if you keep making those choices, a great harvest is coming. The next time your feelings tell you to get upset, to be offended, or to compromise, just say, No, you're not my boss. You don't control my life. I'm going to do what s right and become all I was created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to sow to the Spirit and do what's right. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Apr 2021 03:58 #2550 by DrMike
Speak to Your Mountain

Today's Scripture

The tongue has the power of life and death. (Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Words have creative power. They can be very helpful like electricity. Used the right way, electricity powers all kinds of good things. But electricity used the wrong way can harm or even kill you. It’s the same way with our words. Whether we speak positive or negative words, we will reap what we sow. If you’re always speaking words of defeat and failure, you’re going to live in a pretty miserable world. Use your words to change your negative situations and fill them with life.

The Scripture clearly tells us to speak to our mountains. Maybe your mountain is a sickness, a college debt, or a floundering business. Whatever your mountain is, speak to that obstacle. The Scripture says, “Let the weak say, ‘I am strong!’” Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. God is a miracle-working God. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the creative power that You give my words to change my life. Help me to give my faith a voice by speaking words of life and blessing over myself and my future daily. I declare that You are greater than any mountain I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds