Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 May 2021 06:20 #2571 by DrMike
Stay Committed

Today’s Scripture

“...Don’t lose your grip on Love and Loyalty. Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart. Earn a reputation for living well in God’s eyes and the eyes of the people...” (Proverbs 3:3–4, MSG)

At any point in His ministry, and especially as He approached the cross, Jesus could have said, “I’ve loved these people, healed them, and served them, but they treat me badly. I’ve had enough. I’m done.” But Jesus stayed committed when it was hard, when it wasn’t fair, when He had every right to quit. He was unyielding when it came to fulfilling His destiny, even at the cost of His own life.

Is there something you’ve been tempted to give up on, to take the easy way out, to slack off—a dream, a relationship, a job? You may have a good reason to walk away, to back off, to not be your best, but God is saying, “Stay committed, stay determined, keep doing the right thing.” If you’ll stay committed to your dreams, to your marriage, to your friends, to your job, God is going to open doors no man can shut and take you to the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that nothing, not even the cross, could break Jesus’ commitment to loving and redeeming me. Thank You that I have the can-do power to do the right thing when it’s hard. Help me to stay committed, to be faithful, and to stay loyal. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2021 09:00 #2572 by DrMike
The Power of the Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“...Touch not my anointed ones...” (Psalm 105:15, ESV)

You are God’s anointed. When people come against you, they’re also coming against the God who put the blessing on you. The good news is, you don’t have to fight those battles. Don’t try to do it in your own strength. You have a defender. Stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord. The people and circumstances you’re up against may seem bigger and more powerful, but stay in peace. The blessing on you is greater than what’s trying to stop you.

The Scripture says that what God has blessed, no man can curse. The blessing on you is more powerful than any betrayal, than any negative word spoken over you, than people trying to discredit you. Nobody can take that blessing from you. That means you are blessed no matter what people or circumstances say. Here’s the key: the blessing did not come from people, so it cannot be taken away by people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the anointing You have put on my life. Thank You that no one can take that blessing from me, and it is greater than whatever tries to stop me. I believe the blessing is going to take me further than I’ve imagined. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 May 2021 07:41 #2573 by DrMike
Lacking Nothing

Today’s Scripture

“...Those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.” (Psalm 34:10, NLT)

So often we think, If I had more money and more talent, I could do something great. If I had a bigger house, I’d be happy. But as long as you feel as though you don’t have enough, you’ll make excuses to be less than your best. You have to get a new perspective. God has given you exactly what you need for the season you’re in. You have the talent, the friends, the connections, the resources, and the experience you need for right now.

Psalm 34 says that because your trust is in the Lord, He will make sure you have whatever you need when you need it. You won’t “lack any good thing.” This means that if you don’t have it right now, you don’t need it right now. Our attitude should be, “I’m equipped, empowered, and anointed for this moment. I am not lacking, shortchanged, inadequate, missing out, or less than. I have what I need for today.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the assurance that You have provided me with exactly what I need for the season I am in. I believe that You have equipped and empowered me with every good thing right now, and You will keep providing for me as I need it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 May 2021 04:12 #2574 by DrMike
Stop the Leak

Today's Scripture

The start of a quarrel is like a leak in a dam, so stop it before it bursts. (Proverbs 17:14, MSG)

One of the biggest challenges we all face is getting along with other people. We have different personalities, different temperaments, and come from different backgrounds. When somebody doesn't agree with us, or they're doing what we don't like, it's easy to quarrel with them, try to straighten them out, and prove our point. Before long we're at odds, mad at each other, and offended. You can feel the tension and stress. What's happened? We've allowed strife in. When we let our guard down and say things that are disrespectful, hurtful, and demeaning, we damage our relationship and open the door to strife. That's why the Scripture says, Give no place to the enemy.

Strife can't just come in whenever it wants; you have to open the door. To never have an argument or say a wrong word is not reality, but when we allow strife to become common we're constantly arguing, saying hurtful things, being disrespectful, we're headed down the wrong path. Stop strife before it bursts and tears relationships apart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of blessedness when I take the high road and am a peacemaker in relationships. Give me wisdom to know when to keep my mouth closed and overlook something that bothers me. I recognize the destructive power of strife and give no place for it. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 May 2021 04:14 #2575 by DrMike
Release Your Faith

Today's Scripture

When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! (Mark 10:47, NIV)

When a blind beggar named Bartimaeus heard that Jesus was passing by, he started to shout, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! Technically, Jesus was the son of Joseph and Mary. Bartimaeus called him the Son of David, which was the Old Testament messianic title, because he recognized Jesus as the Messiah. When he cried out to Jesus, he was saying, You are my Messiah, my deliverer, my healer, the Most High God. Have mercy on me! Jesus stopped in His tracks. I can imagine Him thinking, Here's someone who knows who I am, someone who believes I have all power, someone who's expecting My goodness. His faith is real. When Jesus healed Bartimaeus, He said what He's also saying to us, Your faith has made you whole. Your faith is going to turn things around, open the right doors, and bring unexpected favor. Keep expecting it. God is passing by. Release your faith. It's going to happen sooner than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that just as You restored the sight of Bartimaeus, You can do the impossible in my life. Thank You that I can bring You the desires of my heart. Help me be bold to ask You for the big things only You can make happen and to release my faith. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 May 2021 06:32 #2576 by DrMike
There’s Something Amazing about You

Today’s Scripture

“...But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” (Exodus 3:11, NIV)

So often we look at others and think, Wow, they are so amazing, and I’m so ordinary.They’re so smart, and I’m so average. She’s so beautiful, but I’m so plain.While it’s true that they may be amazing in certain areas, you have to realize there’s something amazing about you as well. You are talented, you are attractive, and you have been fearfully and wonderfully made. While God wants us to celebrate others, He wants you to be celebrated as well. You didn’t get left out when God was handing out the gifts, the talents, or the looks. He put something in you that will cause you to shine. You can be a great businessperson, a great teacher, a great mother. Don’t get so focused on what somebody else has that you don’t realize what you have.

You have to know who you are. God breathed His life into you. You are His masterpiece. Don’t compare yourself. Celebrate yourself.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the amazing people You’ve brought into my life, and thank You for making me amazing as well. Thank You that You gave me the gifts and talents and the looks I have. I celebrate the person You have made me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 May 2021 06:59 #2577 by DrMike
Always Be Your Best

Today’s Scripture

“...But godliness with contentment is great gain.” (1 Timothy 6:6, NIV)

After David had been anointed to be the next king of Israel, he spent years taking care of his father’s sheep. David could have thought, God, what am I doing stuck with a bunch of sheep? But David knew that God was in control, so he just kept going to work with a good attitude, grateful for where he was. Because he was content in the shepherds’ fields, he made it to the throne. He passed that test. But if you’re not content in the season you’re in, even if your dreams do come to pass, you won’t be satisfied. Discontentment will follow you everywhere you go.

You have to train your mind to be thankful and satisfied with where God has you right now. Be content whether you have a lot or not. Content whether your children are in diapers or in college. Content whether you’re in maintenance or management. Pass the tests on your way to the throne.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come to You with thanksgiving for all the circumstances in my life. Help me to always see the good and to be grateful for what I have now. I choose to enjoy the season I am in and not just endure it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 May 2021 05:17 - 17 May 2021 05:19 #2578 by DrMike
Amaze Your Critics

Today’s Scripture

“...When Isaac planted his crops that year, he harvested a hundred times more grain than he planted, for the LORD blessed him...” (Genesis 26:12, NLT)

During a great famine in the land, Isaac was about to move to Egypt, but God said, “Stay where you are. My favor is on you right here among the Philistines.” So despite the famine, Isaac planted his grain fields. The Philistines were already jealous of him, and his planting in dry, hard soil added to their ridicule of him. But Isaac stayed in peace. Several months later, his critics were amazed to see his hundredfold harvest.

At some point, you may be tempted to run from a situation where you face ridicule and opposition, but you do not have to leave in order to be blessed. God wants to bless you right where you are. Part of His vindication is promoting you so the opposition can see it. Your attitude should be: “They may be laughing now, but this challenge is preparing the way for God to promote me!” God is faithful. In the end, you will have the last laugh.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise to bless me right where I am, even when I face opposition and ridicule. I believe that You will multiply me even in the midst of famine. I receive Your peace and rest knowing that You are faithful and will bring blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at 303.880.3800
Attachments:

18 May 2021 07:17 #2579 by DrMike
Be Uncommon

Today’s Scripture

“...But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 2:9, NIV)

We are living in a day where it’s acceptable to compromise standards, to take the easy way out and not have integrity, to do what everybody else is doing, to go where everybody else goes, to think like everyone else thinks. It’s common. Complainers and compromisers are a dime a dozen. It’s normal. But God did not create you to be common.

God is looking for uncommon people. People who have uncommon faith, who believe for things that seem impossible. People who have uncommon commitment, who do the right thing when it’s hard. People who have an uncommon attitude that’s positive when everyone else is negative. People who have uncommon integrity, who do not give in to temptation but do what they know is best. When you make this decision to not fit in, to not do what everyone else is doing, but to be uncommon, you will see uncommon favor, uncommon strength, uncommon friendships, uncommon increase. God rewards uncommon.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me apart to be Your special possession, to be one of Your chosen ones, to be uncommon. Thank You that I don’t have to let society squeeze me into its mold. I want my life to stand out as one who brings You praise. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 May 2021 07:08 #2580 by DrMike
Why Bless Those Who Hurt You?

Today’s Scripture

“...Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:27–28, NIV)

It’s easy to be good to people who are good to us. But what about when someone does something deliberately to hurt you? It’s easy to get bitter, hold a grudge, talk bad about them, and think about how you can get even with them.

Why would Jesus say that we should bless and do good to those who hurt us when they don’t deserve it? Because you’re not blessing them for their sake, but for your sake. The mercy and kindness you show others is the mercy God’s going to show you. If you’re bitter and angry, you’ll get stuck. Life is too short to go through it with bitterness poisoning your life. If you’ll let go of the hurt they inflicted and live out of a place of forgiveness, out of a place of wholeness, you’ll not only feel better, but that’s what allows the Creator of the universe to go to work and take you higher.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the mercy and forgiveness and protection You have shown me when I’ve done wrong. Help me to do good and bless those who have done me wrong. I am leaving them in Your hands and believing that You are taking me to new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.165 seconds