Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Apr 2021 07:25 #2561 by DrMike
It’s Not about Your Performance

Today’s Scripture

“...Now this wonderful statement—that he was accepted and approved through his faith—wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was for us, too, assuring us that God will accept us in the same way he accepted Abraham...” (Romans 4:23–24, TLB)

Too often we get our performance mixed up with our identity. You ask somebody, “Who are you?” and they answer, “I’m a nurse.” But the truth is, that’s what they do, not who they are. You are a child of the Most High God. That’s where your value, your worth comes from—your who, not your do. You may do some wrong things, but that is not who you are. Nothing that you do changes your value because your value comes from your Creator. So feel good about who you are. When you’re positive toward yourself, you’re in agreement with God. If you make a mistake, the moment you ask God to forgive you, He not only forgives you but He forgets it. Quit remembering what God has forgotten. Quit listening to all the accusing voices telling you what you’re not. Your performance isn’t perfect, but you are accepted and approved through your faith. That’s what matters to God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the God of Abraham and my God as well. Thank You that You accept and approve me because of my faith and not because of my performance. I declare that I feel good about who I am and ask You to help me become my best. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2021 03:18 #2562 by DrMike
Still Standing after the Storm

Today’s Scripture

“...Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock...” (Matthew 7:24, NIV)

The Scripture says, “Your Father sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” Being a person of faith doesn’t exempt you from difficulties. Jesus told a parable about a wise man who built his house on a rock. This man honored God. Another man foolishly built his house on the sand. He didn’t honor God. Then the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on the houses of both the just and the unjust. But after the storm was over, the house built on the rock was still standing. The house built on the sand was completely ruined.

You may get knocked down and go through some dark, stormy times, but that’s just a part of life. It rains on everybody. The difference is that when you honor God, when you stay in faith, you have God’s promise that when the storm clears, you won’t be the victim; you’ll be the victor. You’ll still be standing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life can be built on the rock that You are, and I can live to honor You. Thank You for Your promise that no matter what comes my way, when the storm is over, I’ll still be standing. I believe that You will bring me through. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Apr 2021 03:50 #2563 by DrMike
Start Thinking as a Son

Today’s Scripture

“...Dear friends, now we are the children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is...” (1 John 3:2, NIV)

It’s easy to have the wrong image of ourselves. The Scripture says, “Now we are the children of God,” but too many times, we live as though we don’t deserve to be blessed because we’ve made too many mistakes and had too many negative things come against us. We live with a slave mentality to mediocrity, to guilt, to lack, to addictions.

Stop thinking as a slave and start thinking as a son. Stop thinking about what you’ve been through and the mistakes you’ve made, and start thinking about who you are. A son of the Most High God doesn’t live feeling guilty and condemned about past mistakes; he receives mercy and moves forward. A son or daughter has a boldness, a confidence. You’ll expect God’s favor. You’ll believe for doors to open for you that you don’t deserve. Why? Because you’re not a slave, or a hired worker, or a friend of the family. You’re a free child of Almighty God!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have made me Your child, and I am no longer a slave. Thank You that You redeemed me, and You’re taking me forward into full freedom. I believe that I have Your favor, and the obstacles in my way will be overcome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Apr 2021 06:40 #2564 by DrMike
What's in Your Future?

Today's Scripture

How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. (Psalm 31:19, NIV)

Sometimes we act as though God has a limited supply of favor, but He has unlimited resources. When God laid out the plan for your life, He put in it everything you need to fulfill your destiny. He's already lined up the right people, the right breaks, favor, and increase. If you keep honoring God, you'll come into a stored-up blessing at the right time. You won't have to go after it; it will find you. What God has destined for you can't go to anyone else. When you understand this, it takes the pressure off. You don't live frustrated, wondering when a dream is going to come to pass, worried that a problem is not going to work out, or jealous because a friend got a promotion. You stay in peace knowing that what has your name on it isn't going to go to anyone else. You know your time is coming. You know that God will get you to where you're supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the abundance of good things You have stored up for me. Thank You that when I keep You first place and honor You, blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I believe my times are in Your hands, and You have some surprises in my future. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Apr 2021 04:02 #2565 by DrMike
Truly Fulfilled

Today’s Scripture

“...Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?...” (John 6:9, NIV)

In today’s Scripture, a little boy had a sack lunch—five loaves of bread and two fish. Nothing much. Yet when thousands of people were hungry, Jesus took his lunch, multiplied it, and fed the whole crowd. Think about the boy’s mother who made the lunch. She was a homemaker raising a child without a title or acclaim. But titles don’t bring fulfillment. Keeping up with your neighbors doesn’t bring happiness. Trying to impress your friends will make your life miserable, but understanding your assignment and being comfortable with who God made you to be are what bring true fulfillment.

Don’t discount the gift God has given you. Are you secure enough to play the role that God has given you? Are you comfortable enough to not have to be number one, to have the title, to keep up with others? The beauty of our God is that He has given every one of us a specific gift and purpose.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the gifts You have given me are custom-made. Thank You that You have matched me for what You want me to do, and I have exactly what I need to fulfill Your plan for my life. I declare that I am content with my assignment. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Apr 2021 07:39 #2566 by DrMike
Enjoy the Simple Things

Today’s Scripture

“...to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment...” (1 Timothy 6:17, NIV)

Don’t miss a great season in your life wishing you had more, complaining about what you don’t have. The real joy in life is in the simple things—making memories with your family, riding your bikes together, watching the sunset with your spouse, or staring up at the stars at night. You don’t have to have big vacations or lots of money to have fun. Learn to enjoy the simple things in life.

Could it be that you’re at the right place for the season that you’re in, but you’re not enjoying it? Maybe if you would step back and see it from a new perspective, you would realize that God has you in the palms of His hands. He knows where you are, what you like, and what you don’t like. Instead of living discontented, frustrated, always wishing you were somewhere else, embrace the place where you are. See the good. Be grateful for what you have.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Help me find real joy in the beauty of this moment and in life’s simple things. I declare that I will embrace the place where I am and be grateful for what I have. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Apr 2021 04:04 #2567 by DrMike
Protect Your Dream

Today’s Scripture

“...Here comes that dreamer!” they said to each other...” (Genesis 37:19, NIV)

As a young man, God gave Joseph a dream that one day his parents and his brothers would bow down before him. Joseph should have used more wisdom and not told them about his dream. Some people can’t handle what God has put inside you. They won’t celebrate you; rather, as Joseph’s brothers did, they’ll get jealous of you and start finding fault.

When you have a dream, you’re going to have some detractors. Sometimes the people closest to you will be the least supportive. When you believe that you can overcome an illness, pay off your house, or be successful in spite of past mistakes, some people will become jealous and try to make you look bad or try to talk you out of it. Don’t try to prove who you are or convince them to believe in you. You don’t need their approval. You have Almighty God’s approval. You wouldn’t have that opposition if you didn’t have something great in you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You’ve put my dream in my heart. Help me to remember that doesn’t mean it’s going to come to pass without opposition, delays, and adversaries. I believe that I am moving forward with Your approval, and that’s all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 May 2021 07:33 #2568 by DrMike
Celebrate Partial Victories

Today’s Scripture

“...When the builders completed the foundation of the Temple, the priests…blew their trumpets; and…crashed their cymbals to praise the Lord…singing this song: “He is good, and his love and mercy toward Israel will last forever...” (Ezra 3:10–11, TLB)

The Israelites had a dream to rebuild the temple. It was a huge task. After much work and frustration, they finally finished the foundation. They hadn’t even started the walls, yet they had a huge party. They could have said, “Forget it. We’re never going to finish,” but instead, they celebrated the small victory.

We all have things in our life that are incomplete. We’ve made some progress, but the dream hasn’t come to pass, a problem hasn’t turned around. Too often we wait for the total victory to celebrate. “When I get out of debt, I’ll be grateful.” But the key to seeing it come to fulfillment is to not let its completion hold your thanksgiving hostage. Celebrate partial victories along the way. When you pay off one credit card, celebrate what God has done. When you pass the test of being grateful for the small things, He’ll release big things in your life—more favor, more healing, more strength.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and love and mercy in my life. Thank You for the partial victories that You have given me, and I know that You are working to bring them to completion. Help me continue to be grateful and see every promise fulfilled. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 May 2021 03:50 #2569 by DrMike
The Reward of Integrity

Today's Scripture

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. (Proverbs 22:1, NIV)

Your reputation is one of the most valuable things you have. You can have great riches and yet be despised, looked down on, and seen as shady. But when you're a person of integrity, other people say, I can trust them. They always do the right thing. They're honest, fair, and consistent. They don't talk one way and live another way. Your name is too important to let it become tarnished by not having integrity. A life of integrity will take you much further than being dishonest and manipulating. You can't fudge on your taxes or turn in an exaggerated expense account and expect God's favor. You may gain some material things, but you lose with God. He controls the universe. There's a lot we can get away with, hide, manipulate, and exaggerate. People may not see it, but God does. Anything you gain without integrity won't be what it should have been. Be honest. Be trustworthy. Be a person of your word.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited to seeing me as other people see me. Thank You that You see my heart, and You know my faithfulness to You. Help me to live a life of integrity. I want my life to stand out as one who brings You praise. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 May 2021 07:17 #2570 by DrMike
Live in Freedom

Today’s Scripture

“...Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom...” (2 Corinthians 3:17, NIV)

If you’re always thinking about something negative that happened yesterday, last month, last year, there’s no freedom there. That’s where the Spirit of the Lord was. This is a new day. Quit living in what was and come over into what is. Right now there is freedom, joy, peace, and restoration for you. Right now there are new beginnings. Remaining upset and offended about what happened yesterday doesn’t bring freedom. Living in regret of what you should have done or what could have been doesn’t do anything productive. It’s time to drop it and move forward. You may be a product of your past, but you don’t have to be a prisoner of your past. God already knew every hurt, every loss, and every mistake you would go through. The good news is that for every setback, He’s already arranged a comeback; for every disappointment, a new beginning; for every failure, restoration; for all the ashes, He has beauty. Live in freedom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your Spirit is working in my life and bringing me into freedom. Thank You that I can make a clear break with the past and enter into new beginnings. I declare that I am leaving behind what was and coming over into what is. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.225 seconds