Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 May 2021 06:43 #2581 by DrMike
There Will Always Be Adversity in Your Life

Today’s Scripture

“...There is a wide-open door for a great work here, although many oppose me.” (1 Corinthians 16:9, NLT)

How do you respond when unfair situations come against you and people do you wrong? It’s easy to get discouraged and think that because it’s not working out, it’s not meant to be. But just because you have opposition doesn’t mean you’re not in God’s will. The apostle Paul described his work in the city of Ephesus as a wide-open door of opportunity with many in opposition. Anytime you have opportunity, anytime you’re about to move forward to the next level, there will be opposition, people trying to discourage you, things you don’t understand. The people who reach their destiny aren’t moved by what’s not working out, and they don’t give up because they had a setback or because somebody did them wrong. They know God is in control, that He’s directing their steps. They know that the setback is really a setup for God to do something greater. The adversity means the promotion, the healing, the new level is on the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every open door of opportunity that You open for me. Thank You that the opposition I face is only a setup for You to do something greater in my life. I believe that You are in control and the next level is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2021 06:56 #2582 by DrMike
Be “On Purpose”

Today’s Scripture

“...Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:15–16, NIV)

Time is one of the most valuable commodities we have. It’s more valuable than money. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. To “redeem the time” means don’t waste it. We have a responsibility to use our time wisely. Paul said in effect that if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to be an “on purpose” person and invest your life in what’s best for you. You know where you’re going. You’re not vague, distracted, waiting to see what happens. You’re focused. You’re making the most of each opportunity.

God has given you a present. It’s called “today.” Are you living it to the full? With purpose and passion? Pursuing your dreams? Or are you distracted? Indifferent? Just doing whatever comes along? Make this decision that you’re going to redeem the time. Get focused. Get organized. Set your goals. Make your plans. Once this day is over, you can never get it back.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the gift of this day to live to the full. Thank You that You are calling me to invest my life in what’s best for me, to redeem the time, and to run my life with purpose and passion. Help me to make the most of every opportunity. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

24 May 2021 06:50 #2583 by DrMike
Don’t Feed the Negative

Today’s Scripture

“...No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” (Hebrews 12:11, NIV)

It can feel good to give into the temptation to watch something you shouldn’t, to gossip about a friend, to be lazy, to tell someone off. The flesh likes the easy way. The reason some people don’t grow is because they’re not disciplined to do the right thing when it’s hard. You have to be consistent. The flesh is not going to go away. The apostle Paul said, “I die daily.” Every day we have to say no to things. “No, I’m not going to watch that. I won’t be sarcastic. I’m not going to hang out with that friend. I’m not going to eat whatever I feel like.”

Remember that every time you give into that temptation, become impatient, or get offended, you’re feeding and growing the flesh. If you’ll start to not give in to the temptation, the temper, the bad attitude, you’re going to step into a new season of freedom, of growth, of favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are working in me and giving me the desire to obey You. Thank You that I have the power to overcome and be disciplined to do the right thing. I believe that the forces for me are greater than the forces against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 May 2021 05:00 #2584 by DrMike
Walking with a Limp

Today's Scripture

The sun was rising as Jacob left Peniel, and he was limping because of the injury to his hip. (Genesis 32:31, NLT)

Jacob’s story in the Scripture records many self-inflicted wounds. He was a liar and deceiver, which caused him much heartache. Later in life, he got tired of living like that, so he decided to get alone with God. The angel of the Lord showed up disguised as a man and began to wrestle with Jacob. It went on all night. Jacob held on to him and said, “I’m not going to let you go until you bless me.” The angel gave him his blessing, but after the struggle, Jacob walked with a limp.

You can have a limp from a past failure or mistake and still be blessed and go on to do great things. So often we think our limp limits us. But the limp can be your testimony. It can be a reminder of the pain, or it can be a reminder of the grace of God and what He brought you through. You are forgiven and redeemed. Be at peace with your limp.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You don’t write us off or abandon us when we wound ourselves with mistakes and failures. Thank You that You wrestle with me and forgive me and bless me. I believe that any limp or scar from my past is a testimony to Your grace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 May 2021 06:39 #2585 by DrMike
Is It Really Too Hard?

Today's Scripture

Then the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the LORD?” (Genesis 18:13–14, NIV)

Abraham was ninety-nine years old when the Lord told him that within a year, he would have a son. He and Sarah were way too old to have a baby. It was so far out that when Sarah heard it, she laughed out loud. Has God ever put something in your heart that seemed so unlikely, so big that your first reaction was to laugh? He whispers in your spirit that you’re going to live in a nice neighborhood, lead your company in sales, see your family restored, or get your health back. If Abraham would have only looked at it logically, he would have given up. But Abraham did what we all must do: He believed. “Yes, it’s impossible, but God can do the impossible. It defies the laws of nature, but God supersedes the laws of nature.” Whatever looks impossible in your life, what God started He will finish. As was true for Abraham, you will see the promise come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams, the promises, and the potential You put inside me. Thank You that because You are supernatural, I can hope on in faith even when I can’t find another reason for hope. I trust that what You promised me is going to come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 May 2021 06:59 #2586 by DrMike
Nothing Happens Randomly

Today's Scripture

…with a mighty hand and outstretched arm; His love endures forever. (Psalm 136:12, NIV)

When you’re tempted to get discouraged by the way your life is going, remember that you’re not doing life on your own. God is behind the scenes orchestrating your life. God’s strong hand and outstretched arm are not limited by the natural; He’s supernatural. You can’t see Him, but He’s behind the scenes, and He controls the universe. He’s working all things according to His will and for your good. When God is ready to promote you, He doesn’t check with your supervisor. He opens the door. He controls what breaks come your way. Don’t lose sleep over your boss or the people who are against you. His hand is over them. Don’t get discouraged about your finances. He’s about to bring promotion, opportunity, and increase that you didn’t see coming.

What are you worrying about? The Most High God is maneuvering things in your favor. Live from a place of peace, knowing that nothing happens randomly—your steps are divinely orchestrated.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your strong hand and outstretched arm in my life. Thank You for the open doors, the promotion, the healing, and good breaks that You’ve already put in place to come my way. I believe that You are lovingly maneuvering things in my favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 May 2021 02:58 #2587 by DrMike
Don’t Forget

Today's Scripture

They did not remember his power and how he rescued them from their enemies. They did not remember his miraculous signs in Egypt… (Psalm 78:42–43, NLT)

What has God done for you? Don’t be like the Israelites who had seen amazing miracles and yet didn’t remember them when they needed faith to move forward into the Promised Land. Those victories you experienced weren’t just to protect you, to promote you, or to heal you. They’re fuel. When you face new challenges, obstacles that look too big, if you’ll remember what God has done, that’s what will give you the faith, the confidence, the knowing that He’s in control, that He has you in the palms of His hands, to silence whatever is trying to stop you. The enemy may do his best, but his best will never be enough. The forces for you are greater than the forces against you. Don’t be worried and afraid. Go back over your history. When you start thanking God for what He’s done, faith will rise in your heart. You’ll know that God did it for you back then, and He’ll do it for you today.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You’ve shown me that You have me in the palms of Your hands. By this I know that I will triumph today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jun 2021 06:29 #2588 by DrMike
Take the First Step

Today's Scripture

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”(Matthew 5:9, NIV)

A lot of times we think, “When she changes, I’ll change. When he starts treating me better, I’ll be nice.” But here’s the key: God will reward you in a greater way if you put your ego down and take the first step. Pride will tell you, “When they’re acting wrong, don’t treat them right. They don’t deserve it.” But you’re not doing it for them; you’re doing it unto God. You’re not saying, “I approve of how you treat me.” You’re saying, “God, I’m going to be a peacemaker, even though I don’t like this.”

Human nature says to treat people like they’re treating us. All that does is make matters worse. God brought the people into your life on purpose. It was all a part of His plan. We all have weaknesses and shortcomings. Learn to rise above the strife and be the difference maker. If you make the first move, that seed you’re sowing will be what God uses to bring you a harvest of peace.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You make me a difference maker by the way I love and respect other people. Help me to be a peacemaker even when I don’t like how someone else is treating me. I look forward to the harvest of peace You are bringing me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Jun 2021 07:11 #2589 by DrMike
Live with Expectancy

Today's Scripture

She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment, for she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health. (Mark 5:27–28, AMPC)

The lady in Mark 5 had been sick for twelve years with a bleeding disorder. She had gone to the best doctors, tried different medicines, but nothing worked. She could have thought, “I’ll never get well. I’ll have to learn to live with it.” No, deep down she knew she was supposed to be healthy. One day when she heard that Jesus was passing through her town, she was filled with expectancy. She started making her way through the crowd, and she said it again and again, “Healing is coming. Restoration is coming. Favor is coming.”

When she touched the edge of His robe, she was made whole immediately.

When you live with expectancy, that gets God’s attention. When you go out each day saying, “God, I believe I’m going to see dreams come to pass, promises fulfilled, relationships restored, and a new level of my destiny,” you’re releasing your faith as this lady did. Your faith can stop God in His tracks.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my faith and expectancy can open the way for You to do amazing things. I am reaching out and touching You by faith today. I believe that You are making a way, that things are changing in my favor, and that victory will be mine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

A little about our new Prayer coordinator, Cherish Lamgo. She got involved with COFA in fall of 2020 and has really enjoyed many of the events and trainings. She live's in Golden, CO with her husband JB and their baby boy Ole (pronounced Oh-Lee). JB works at UPS and Cherish owns and runs a photography business. She has always enjoyed the special fellowship that praying with and for other believers brings, and she knows God has worked mightily through the prayers of others many times in her life. She says It’s an honor to join COFAs team in this vital role of prayer leader. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Attachments:

03 Jun 2021 06:18 #2590 by DrMike
Sing a New Song

Today's Scripture

He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. (Psalm 40:3, NLT)

It’s easy to complain about your boss, about the traffic, or about a relationship. We create much of our own unhappiness by how we respond to negative things, how we approach life. Here’s the key: When you complain, you remain; but when you praise, you’ll be raised. In Psalm 40, David says that if you have “a new song” of praise in your heart, you’ll see more of God’s favor. He said that he was lifted out of “the pit of despair.” When you develop a habit of always thinking about God’s goodness, seeing the best, singing a hymn of praise, you’ll have joy despite what’s happening around you.

You might have been through some difficulties, but you have to start making a new melody in your heart. Start thanking God that new doors are opening, and your best days are still ahead. If you get your song back, you’ll start feeling the joy bubbling up, you’ll get your passion back, and you’ll see your dreams start coming to life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I worship You because You are worthy, Almighty God. Thank You that You put a new song in my heart that lifts me up no matter what is happening around me. I choose to shut the door of complaining and declare that my best days are still ahead. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

A little about our new Prayer coordinator, Cherish Lamgo. She got involved with COFA in fall of 2020 and has really enjoyed many of the events and trainings. She live's in Golden, CO with her husband JB and their baby boy Ole (pronounced Oh-Lee). JB works at UPS and Cherish owns and runs a photography business. She has always enjoyed the special fellowship that praying with and for other believers brings, and she knows God has worked mightily through the prayers of others many times in her life. She says It’s an honor to join COFAs team in this vital role of prayer leader. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can text or call Cherish at 720.569.1316

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.203 seconds