Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Jul 2021 12:51 #2621 by DrMike
Daily Direction

Today's Scripture

The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8, NLT)

The Scripture says that when we acknowledge God in all our ways, He will direct our path. God has the wisdom, the guidance, and the direction we need, but it doesn’t happen automatically. Every morning you have to go to Him and say, “God, I’m ready for my assignment. Show me what to do and where to go, give me the words to speak, and make the path clear.” This is a daily act of surrender.

Too often we make our plans without consulting God, and then we ask Him to bless them. We wonder why it’s a struggle. The right way is to ask God first. “God, is this what You want me to do? Should I start this project, should I take this trip, should I make this purchase?” If you feel peace about it, go forward. If not, hold off. God knows what’s best for you. He will not only keep you on the right path today, but He will keep you from making major mistakes.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You will guide me along the best pathways for my life when I acknowledge You in all my ways. Thank You that You haven’t left me on my own to work out my destiny. I choose to consult You for guidance in my decisions. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2021 05:34 #2622 by DrMike
Healing Words

Today's Scripture

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing (Proverbs 12:18, NLT)

Somebody needs your healing words today. Why don’t you start with your own family? How long has it been since you told your spouse, “I love you; I’m so glad that you’re mine”? Don’t let strangers compliment your spouse more than you do. Don’t let a teacher, a coach, or a friend make your child feel more special than you do. Bless your children every day with your words. Tell them how proud you are of them. Tell them what they can become. Remind them that they are made in the image of Almighty God. Call out their seeds of greatness. They have enough people telling them what they can’t become. They face all kinds of bullying, negative chatter on social media, and people saying hurtful things. When you tell them you love them and are proud of them, that’s not just healing the wounds, that’s protecting them. That’s what helps those hurtful words bounce off them. Stay on the offensive. Develop this habit of speaking life-giving words over your family.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me the power of words to lift others up. All through the day help me to speak healing words, to offer compliments, and to give encouragement to those around me. Help me to develop this habit of speaking life-giving words. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Aug 2021 04:36 #2623 by DrMike
Burst into Song

Today's Scripture

“Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor.” (Isaiah 54:1, NIV)

Too often we think, “When we see God’s promise, we’ll sing and thank Him.” But that’s backward; you have to sing first. Today’s Scripture wasn’t written to a woman who had been blessed with a promised child. This woman was barren. It’s a promise written to people who are waiting for the promise, believing for the healing, standing in faith for the business to turn around. What are you supposed to do when you’re barren? “Sing! Burst into song.”

Praise is the birth position. The Scripture says, “God inhabits the praises of His people.” Thanking God is what causes the promise to come to pass. When you start singing, things are changing in your favor. When you kick into praise and say, “Lord, thank You for Your favor in my life, for new levels, for new opportunities,” that’s not just being grateful; that’s getting into the birth position. If you continue to do that, living with an attitude of praise, you’ll give birth to everything God has put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You inhabit my praise, that You are here with me, and that You are with me in all the circumstances of my life. Thank You for Your promises and for Your favor that is upon me. I choose to live with an attitude of praise and honor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Aug 2021 06:54 #2624 by DrMike
Are You Listening?

Today's Scripture

One day the girl said to her mistress, “I wish my master would go to see the prophet in Samaria. He would heal him of his leprosy.” (2 Kings 5:3, NLT)

In 2 Kings 5, Naaman was the powerful commander of the Syrian army, but he had leprosy, an incurable disease. He had defeated the Israelites, but he wasn’t able to defeat the disease that was taking his life. One of his wife’s maids was a captured Israeli girl. One day she told him about the prophet Elisha in Israel and the possibility of his healing. Naaman could have thought, “Who are you to tell me what to do? You’re just a slave girl. You’re telling me to go back to the nation I just defeated and ask for help?” He could have dismissed her, but he listened, and ultimately, he received his healing.

Sometimes your answers to needs and direction won’t come from people you expect. Don’t judge the people God has put in your life by the outside—by position, by title, by wealth—deciding who’s important, who you’re going to listen to. God uses everyone. Treat everyone with respect, value every person’s opinion, and you won’t miss your miracle.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the people You’ve put in my life and how You use everyone for Your purposes. Help me to be humble and not judge others by the outside or limit whom I will listen to. Don’t let my pride get in the way of Your miracles. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Aug 2021 07:30 #2625 by DrMike
Destiny Moments

Today's Scripture

“Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” (Zechariah 9:9, NIV)

In Matthew 21, Jesus told two of His disciples to go into a village and they would see a donkey and colt tied up, which they were to bring to Him. If anyone asked them about it, they were to say, “The Lord needs it.” Jesus got on the colt and rode it into Jerusalem where the people put palm branches on the ground before Him. As Jesus passed by, they shouted, “Hosanna! Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord!” This was all prophesied by Zechariah hundreds of years earlier.

The disciples had thought they were just running an errand. They didn’t know they would be involved in the fulfillment of God’s prophetic word. As with them, God is orchestrating what He ordained for your life to come together. He is lining up exactly what you need. We can’t see it at the time, but when you’re routinely going through your day, there will be destiny moments when He makes things happen that you couldn’t make happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in the routine of my ordinary days You break in with these destiny moments that change everything. Thank You that You’re orchestrating what You’ve ordained for my life to be fulfilled. I believe that even now You’re lining up what I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Aug 2021 06:11 #2626 by DrMike
When God Sings

Today's Scripture

“The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”(Zephaniah 3:17, NIV)

In Acts 16, Paul and Silas had been beaten and put in jail for sharing the good news. They had done nothing wrong. They could have been bitter and complained. Instead, they were pit praisers. At midnight, in the dungeon, they were singing praises and thanking God. The Scripture says that suddenly there was a great earthquake and the prison doors flew open. I imagine God heard them and said, “If they’re going to praise Me at midnight in the pit, I’m going to go to work.”

When you give God praise in the difficult times, when you have a song in the midnight hour, when you’re a pit praiser, the Lord your Mighty Warrior—not a weak God, not a limited God, not a lacking God, but the all-powerful Creator of the universe—will start singing over you. When God sings, prison doors open, addictions are broken, sicknesses depart, depression leaves, and poverty and lack can’t hold you back. One way God will delight over you is when you’re a pit praiser.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You, the Mighty Warrior, the all-powerful Creator of the universe, are with me. In the difficult times, help me to offer You a sacrifice of praise because You are worthy. I would love to hear You singing over me with delight. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Aug 2021 05:51 #2627 by DrMike
Stand Firm

Today's Scripture

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13, NIV)

In the Scripture, an angel appeared to a teenager named Mary and told her that she was going to be the mother of the Messiah, the Christ. She would have honor and be admired for generations to come. I’m sure Mary was excited. But I can hear Mary years later, saying, “God, You didn’t tell me I would have to watch my son die a painful death.”

When God gives you a promise, He’ll show you the end but not the middle. What you’re going through today may be difficult and doesn’t make sense. This is where your faith has to kick in. Are you going to give up and talk yourself out of it? Or, are you going to do as Mary did and say, “God, You didn’t tell me about these dark valleys. But I know You’re still on the throne, and it’s not a surprise to You. I’m not going to live in discouragement, give up on my dreams, or quit believing. I’m going to have faith in the middle.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that You will work out Your plans for my life. Help me to stand firm in my faith in the times when nothing seems to make sense. You have never failed me in the past, and I know You’re not going to fail me in the future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Aug 2021 03:24 #2628 by DrMike
The Power of One Kind Word

Today's Scripture

Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook. (Proverbs 18:4, NLT)

People are thirsty. People have gone through heartache. They’ve been pushed down by life. When we think of healing for them, we may think of praying for them, but we need to realize that our words have healing power, like life-giving water. When you’re kind, when you’re encouraging, when you don’t just think something good but you take time to verbalize it, you’re being a healer. We don’t realize the power of one kind word, the power of a simple compliment, the power of “I believe in you. You’re going to make it. Great things are in store.” Your words may seem ordinary to you, but when God breathes life into them, they become extraordinary to the other person.

Somebody needs your healing words today. Somebody won’t get past the depression without you speaking blessings into them. Somebody will give up on their dream unless you step up and encourage them. Will you be a healer today? Will you use your words to lift people?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. I want to love them like You do. Thank You that You can transform my ordinary words into life-giving water for others. I believe that You are making me into a lifter, an encourager, a healer. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Aug 2021 07:07 #2629 by DrMike
Don’t Compare

Today's Scripture

This made Saul very angry. “What’s this?” he said. “They credit David with ten thousands and me with only thousands. Next they’ll be making him their king!” (1 Samuel 18:8, NLT)

Most of the time we’re happy with our lives until we start comparing. When Saul heard the people singing that David defeated tens of thousands versus his slaying thousands, his whole perspective changed. He was no longer content with his success. Now he was envious and jealous. He basically wasted the rest of his life trying to be David. All he had to do was realize: “I am not David. God has blessed him in a different way.”

We have to understand the sovereignty of God. He has given to every person different gifts, different talents according to our own ability. It might not seem fair to us, but God’s ways are not our ways. Everyone doesn’t get the same, but what He gave you is what you need to fulfill your destiny. Whether you’re a Saul and can defeat a thousand, or you’re a David and can defeat ten thousand, the right attitude is, “I’m going to take what God’s given me and make the most of it.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me gifts and talents to fulfill my destiny, and they are different from what others have been given. Thank You for the blessing of being different and the privilege of making the most of what You’ve given me. I will be content. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Aug 2021 06:29 #2630 by DrMike
Your Destiny Is Yours Alone

Today's Scripture

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

People can’t see what God sees in you. He sees your potential. He knows what you’re capable of. He’s the one who breathed life into you. Don’t let people talk you out of His plans for you. Don’t let family members convince you that you don’t have what it takes. Don’t count on your friends to keep you encouraged. They may not get behind you, and they may even try to talk you out of it. You don’t have to have other people.

When your destiny calls, that’s between you and God. Some things you have to go alone. You have to say, “God, others may not be for me, but I know You are for me. You put this promise in my heart. I’m not going to be moved by who’s not cheering me on. I know that You being for me is more than enough to get me to where I’m supposed to be.” Keep believing, keep being your best, and keep moving forward. Your destiny is calling.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have plans for my life, plans that are full of hope and an abundant future. Thank You that what You are calling me to is not dependent upon other people. I believe that You are for me, and that is all I need to take me to my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds