Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

16 Aug 2021 06:51 #2631 by DrMike
Like a Palm Tree

Today's Scripture

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree. (Psalm 92:12, NIV)

The reason God said we’d flourish like a palm tree is that God knew we would go through difficult times. What’s interesting about the palm tree is that when it is bent over by the strong winds during a hurricane, research shows that the extreme stretching is strengthening the root system and giving it new opportunities for growth. After the storm, when the palm tree straightens back up, it’s actually stronger than it was before.

That’s what Goes does for us when go through difficult times. When you come out of the storm that was meant to defeat you, when you straighten back up, you’re not going to be the same. You’re going to be stronger, healthier, wiser, better off, and ready for new growth. God never brings you out the same. He makes the enemy pay for bringing the times of darkness and trouble. Your roots are going to be stronger. You’re not only going to still be standing; you’re going to be standing stronger.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the promise that because my roots are in You, I will flourish through the storms. Help me to sink my roots of faith deeper in You and trust in Your faithfulness. I declare that I am going to be standing stronger. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2021 06:30 #2632 by DrMike
Don’t Change Your Name

Today's Scripture

“Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty.” (Ruth 1:20–21, NIV)

After Naomi first lost her husband in death and then her two married sons, she was so discouraged that she tried to change her name from Naomi, which means “my joy,” to Mara, which means “bitter.” She was telling people, “I’m bitter. I’m broken. My dreams are shattered. Just let me live in my pain.” Sure, she had suffered through deep losses, but that didn’t mean God was finished with her. God ultimately turned her circumstances around, and she went on to see her best days.

Have you changed your name, so to speak, to Mara? Are you living bitter and negative, thinking and rethinking about everything that didn’t work out? What you’ve gone through may have been difficult and painful, but God knows how to bring good out of it. Do yourself a favor and go back to being who God created you to be. God didn’t change your name. He still calls you blessed, prosperous, favored, healthy, strong, and victorious. Go back to your original name.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for promising me grace for every season, and You won’t allow me to go through more than what I can handle. Thank You that You will bring good out of the unfair things that I’ve gone through. I will not change my name from what You call me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

18 Aug 2021 04:26 #2633 by DrMike
Into the Unknown

Today's Scripture

“I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” (Esther 4:16, NIV)

Esther was a Jewish orphan girl who was living in a foreign country. But God raised her up to become the queen. When a powerful official passed a law that all the Jewish people be killed, Esther’s cousin Mordecai told her that she had to go in and plead with the king for their people. In those days, if you approached the king without him holding up his golden rod first, you could be killed. That included Esther. God was asking her to step into the unknown. We love that Esther put her life on the line and saved her people.

When God gives you opportunities to step into the unknown, don’t shrink back, don’t let fear talk you out of it, and don’t let the what-ifs silence you. Be bold, be courageous, and step into the unknown. You may not see how it’s going to work out, but along the way you’ll see miracles. You’ll step into a new level of favor and reach the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are Almighty God and nothing is too hard for You. Thank You for the opportunities You will bring my way to step into the unknown, and I expect to see Your hand of favor work powerfully in my behalf. I declare that the what-ifs will not stop me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Aug 2021 05:45 #2634 by DrMike
Far More Exceeding

Today's Scripture

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.(2 Corinthians 4:17, NKJV)

There are times when life comes at us like a flood—a difficulty, opposition, a great loss. You can’t choose when or where the flood comes. That’s in God’s hands. We may not understand it, but God said His plans for us are for good to give us a bright future. That doesn’t mean bad things won’t happen along the way, but God knows how to use them for good. He wouldn’t allow it if it wasn’t going to work to our advantage.

Remember that what you’re going through is temporary, but what it works in you will bless you forever. If you could see where God is going to take you—the favor, the influence, the abundance, the health, the friends—you would realize there is a purpose for every challenge. When you don’t understand the purpose, you have to say, “God, I don’t see what You’re doing, but I trust You. I know Your ways are better than my ways. God, my life is in Your hands.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good to give me a bright future. Thank You that the difficulties I face are temporary and are working in me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. I rest my life in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Aug 2021 08:32 #2635 by DrMike
Break the Bonds

Today's Scripture

Then the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him; and the ropes that were on his arms became like flax that is burned with fire, and his bonds broke loose from his hands. (Judges 15:14, NKJV)

In Judges 15, for fear of the Philistines, the Israelites went to Samson, their friend and deliverer, and tied him up with the intent of handing him over to the Philistines to stop more attacks. When the Philistines saw him bound, the Spirit of the Lord came on Samson and he snapped those ropes like threads before defeating a thousand Philistines. What’s interesting is that he broke the restraints of his friends, not of his enemies.

Sometimes the people who are the closest to us, our family and friends, are the ones who limit us. If they’re telling you, “Settle where you are. You’re not very talented. You’ll never get out of debt,” they’re trying to tie you up in their mediocrity. You have to say, “No, the power in me is greater than any power that’s trying to stop me.” When God breathed His life into you, He gave you the power to break bonds that have held you back. He anointed you to be a Samson, to take new ground.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power of the Holy Spirit in my life that is greater than any chains that are trying to hold me back. I believe You have equipped and empowered me. I’m not accepting the dysfunction. I know I was born to make a difference. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Aug 2021 11:11 #2636 by DrMike
Mustard Seed Faith

Today's Scripture

“If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20, NKJV)

The Scripture says when we have faith the size of a mustard seed, nothing is impossible. A mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds. God could have said, “If you have great faith, if you never doubt, I’ll do something big.” But God doesn’t expect us to have great faith all the time. It’s nice when we do, but He knows there will be times when we think it’s impossible. He knows there will be times when we don’t have the faith we need to reach our destinies, so He says, “If you have just a little bit of faith, that’s all you need. Then I’ll show up and exceed your expectations.”

The fact that you’re reading this tells me you at least have mustard seed faith. That means you have the faith you need for God to show out in your life. You have the faith for God to catapult you to new levels. Get ready. God is about to show up and do something abundantly above what you’re thinking.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the exceed-my-expectations God. Thank You that You don’t expect me to have a great faith that never doubts. I believe that You see my mustard seed faith, and You will do something abundantly above all I’m thinking. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Aug 2021 07:19 #2637 by DrMike
A Pure Heart

Today's Scripture

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.(Psalm 51:10, NIV)

In Psalm 51, David offered God a prayer of repentance in which he acknowledged sins he had tried to cover up for a year. He was so weighed down with guilt and condemnation that he became sick and weak. That moral infection started to poison his physical life. David finally confessed his sins and asked God to forgive him. Things began to turn around. Once he released the guilt and got the infection out, his health was restored. He could receive cleansing in his heart, purity in his heart, and renewal in his spirit.

As David did, we all make mistakes and sin. Too many people make the mistake of holding on to them or trying to hide them. They get bitter, live guilty, and go around with self-pity. Don’t hide it. You weren’t created to live under condemnation. Go to God and ask for forgiveness. Then here’s the key: Receive His mercy and ask for a pure heart that He can fill with good things—strength, joy, passion, creativity, and happiness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can have a pure heart today. Thank You that I can release any sin, any mistake, any guilt and bitterness and flush them out of my life. Help me to forgive whatever needs forgiving, to let go of the past, and to walk in the joy of my salvation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Aug 2021 11:01 #2638 by DrMike
Supersized

Today's Scripture

You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance. (Psalm 65:11, NKJV)

In a fast-food restaurant, a supersized meal means you’ll get bigger portions than expected. That’s what God is going to do for you. His dream for your life is much bigger than your own. He’s going to take you further than you’re expecting. He’s going to open doors that you could never open. He’s going to give you more influence than you ever thought possible. God is going to supersize your life.

What you’re dreaming about may seem big—to get out of debt, to pay off your house, for your child to get back on track—and you don’t see how it can happen. You have to stretch to believe that it will happen, but what you’re believing for is just the starting point. God is going to make it bigger, better, and more rewarding than you have ever imagined. He is going to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you ask or think. He has a supersized life in front of you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and that Your goodness crowns Your plan for my life. Help me see the abundant paths You have for me and how You will supersize my dreams. I believe that You are doing exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Aug 2021 04:11 #2639 by DrMike
Fireproof

Today's Scripture

“When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” (Isaiah 43:2, NIV)

Maybe you prayed for God to turn a situation around, but it didn’t happen. Now thoughts tell you, “He must not care about you.” If Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were to step out of their story in Daniel 3, they’d say, “We know how you feel. We prayed and asked God to deliver us from going into the fiery furnace, but God didn’t answer our prayer the way we wanted. We were tempted to panic and complain, but instead, we decided to trust Him. We told the king that even if God didn’t deliver us, we would not bow to his idol. When he threw us in the furnace, amazingly, the fire didn’t burn us. Then all of a sudden, in the middle of the fire, the Son of God showed up!”

You may be in the fire, but stay in faith. You are fireproof. God is right there with you. Keep believing, keep praying, keep doing the right thing. You’re going to come out without the smell of smoke.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what the situation is, You are worthy of my trust. There are things in my life that I don’t understand, situations I want to see changed, but even if they never happen, I’m going to trust You. I gladly leave these matters in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Aug 2021 04:07 #2640 by DrMike
Friends Pull You Up

Today's Scripture

Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong. (Acts 3:6–7, NIV)

After Peter spoke a word of faith to the crippled beggar in Acts 3, Peter wouldn’t let him stay down. He didn’t give him a choice. He prayed and then he pulled him up. You need some friends like Peter who won’t let you stay down. When you’re in the pits, when you can’t get up on your own, you don’t need people who feel sorry for you. You need people who pull you out of that pit. You need people who love you so much they won’t let you make excuses or stay discouraged or give up on your dream. They not only pray but pull you up.

You may need to get away from a negative environment and people who are enabling your dysfunction and holding you back. Get away from people who tell you that where you are is where you’ll always be. Stay in an environment of faith. If you do this, you’re going to see increase, new levels, new relationships, new talents, and the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for friends who won’t let me stay down but are there to help pull me up when I need them. Help me to develop relationships with the right people and to separate from those who keep me in the pits. I declare that I will stay in an environment of faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds