Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Jun 2021 06:49 #2591 by DrMike
Don’t Hide

Today's Scripture

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3, NKJV)

In Genesis 3 after Adam and Eve fell into sin, when God came looking for them in the garden, they hid in fear and shame. Sometimes when we sense that God is looking for us, we think, “I don’t want God to find me. I’m ashamed of my weaknesses and mistakes. I already feel condemned enough.” This is where we mistake who God really is, as though He’s waiting for us to make a mistake, ready to push us down even further. But God is not coming to condemn you. He’s coming to restore you.

He wants to give you all that belongs to you as His child—the freedom, the joy, the peace, the victory, the abundance. Jesus said He came “to set at liberty those who are bruised” (Luke 4:18). When you’re bruised by life, when you’re hurt, it’s easy to feel sorry for yourself and hide. God is looking for you to set you free, to heal you of your hurts, and to make you whole again.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to hide my faults and weaknesses and hide from You. Thank You that I can come to You and unload all the weight of heaviness, regrets, and feelings of unworthiness. I believe that You are setting me free and restoring me to wholeness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

A little about our new Prayer coordinator, Cherish Lamgo. She got involved with COFA in fall of 2020 and has really enjoyed many of the events and trainings. She live's in Golden, CO with her husband JB and their baby boy Ole (pronounced Oh-Lee). JB works at UPS and Cherish owns and runs a photography business. She has always enjoyed the special fellowship that praying with and for other believers brings, and she knows God has worked mightily through the prayers of others many times in her life. She says It’s an honor to join COFAs team in this vital role of prayer leader. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2021 07:56 #2592 by DrMike
A Crown of Beauty

Today's Scripture

“…to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

When someone you love leaves you or a friend walks away for some reason, it’s easy to feel that you’re somehow not smart enough, good enough, attractive enough, or talented enough. You may tell yourself, “If I’d only done this or that better.” It can feel like it’s all your fault. But when somebody leaves you, it doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something wrong with you. It could be the other person has the problem. Nevertheless, the accuser will work overtime trying to convince you that you don’t measure up, that you’re not valuable, and that there’s nothing good in your future.

If this has happened to you, don’t sit around feeling sorry for yourself. No more saying, “This person walked away. I’ll never be happy again.” Say, “No one is taking my crown. God is giving me beauty for these ashes. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made. What He started in my life, He will finish. I’m still a child of the Most High God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the past is over and done, and I can quit dwelling on it. Thank You that by Your grace I can overcome the discouragement and move forward. I believe that You will always give me a crown of beauty instead of ashes and the oil of joy instead of mourning. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

A little about our new Prayer coordinator, Cherish Lamgo. She got involved with COFA in fall of 2020 and has really enjoyed many of the events and trainings. She live's in Golden, CO with her husband JB and their baby boy Ole (pronounced Oh-Lee). JB works at UPS and Cherish owns and runs a photography business. She has always enjoyed the special fellowship that praying with and for other believers brings, and she knows God has worked mightily through the prayers of others many times in her life. She says It’s an honor to join COFAs team in this vital role of prayer leader. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Jun 2021 05:40 #2593 by DrMike
Safe in His Hands

Today's Scripture

“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” (John 10:28–29, NIV)

You may be in a difficult time. Don’t get discouraged. Just remember how God has already parted the Red Sea in your life and delivered you from Pharaoh, so to speak. He snatched you out of a harmful situation. He closed that door that would have proven a big mistake. You have a history with God. You’ve seen His mercies—not once, but again and again—showing out in your life.

You need to announce to that cancer, “You can’t finish me off. God controls the number of my days.” Announce to that depression, fear, and anxiety, “You’re not going to finish me off. God promised I will finish my course with joy.” Don’t get discouraged because of that person who’s trying to push you down and make you look bad. They can’t stop God’s plan for your life. When negative thoughts come, just answer back, “You don’t realize who you’re dealing with. I’m a child of the Most High God. You can’t snatch me out of His hands.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You control the number of my days and nothing can snatch me out of Your hands. Thank You for the countless ways You have protected me from things I knew nothing about. I rejoice that Your mercies surround me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Please feel free to contact anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Attachments:

09 Jun 2021 06:30 #2594 by DrMike
He Tears Off Chains

Today's Scripture

“I will break his yoke from your neck and tear off your chains…” (Jeremiah 30:8, HCSB)

We sometimes wonder why we can’t get ahead, why we can’t break an addiction, or why we can’t control our temper. It’s easy think, “I’ll never control my anger. I’ll never break this bad habit. I’ll never get ahead in my career.” But you were not created to be bound, whether by loneliness, by shame, or by negative words spoken over you.

Yes, there are forces trying to hold you back, but the forces for you are greater than the forces against you. No chain is too much for our God. No addiction is too great, no cancer too big, no enemy too powerful, no person too strong. God controls the universe. If God can’t break the chain, He’ll tear the whole thing off. The Scripture says you can run through a troop and leap over a wall. If God doesn’t remove the obstacle, don’t worry, He’ll take you over it. He knows how to get you to your destiny. Know Him as the One who tears off your chains.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no chain is too much or too strong for You. Thank You that You did not create me to be bound by anything. I believe that You are tearing off the chains that have bound me, and I am free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

10 Jun 2021 06:52 #2595 by DrMike
Behind the Scenes

Today's Scripture

“And pull out some heads of barley from the bundles and drop them on purpose for her. Let her pick them up, and don’t give her a hard time!” (Ruth 2:16, NLT)

Ruth was a young widow who left her home country to take care of her elderly mother-in-law. She was out in the harvested fields, picking up leftover grain, just trying to survive. Boaz, the owner of those fields, spoke to his workers about Ruth, telling them to leave grain on the ground on purpose to make it easier for Ruth. He didn’t speak to Ruth; he spoke about Ruth. She never heard what he said, but she suddenly had more grain than she needed and finished in half the time. All because somebody she didn’t even know put in a good word for her.

In the same way, God has already spoken to the right people to be good to you, to show you favor, to open the right doors. As with Ruth, suddenly you come into blessings you didn’t work for. People go out of their way to help you succeed. You may never know why it happened. That’s God working behind the scenes, bringing it all together.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know every hardship and difficult situation I have faced and will face. I choose to believe that You have more blessings and favor for me than I can dream. I believe that You are working behind the scenes to bring it all together. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

11 Jun 2021 07:42 #2596 by DrMike
Sharpen Each Other

Today's Scripture

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. (Proverbs 27:17, NLT)

This principle is true in relationships: If you see the good in your spouse, your children, and your friends, focusing on their strengths and praising them for what you like about them, that will draw out more good and improve your relationship. People improve when you praise them for their good qualities. Your spouse can have a hundred good qualities, but if you focus on the three things you don’t like, it will drive a wedge between the two of you.

If you overlook the things you don’t like and focus on the things you do like, it will change the atmosphere in your home. God put you together so you would sharpen each other. Don’t use your iron to say hurtful words that cut like a knife or use your iron to try to hammer out all the flaws. The way you sharpen them is by praising them for what you like, encouraging them in what they’re good at, and cheering them on for what they’re doing right. Be a voice that pushes them forward.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You’ve brought me into relationships to sharpen my loved ones and friends. Help me to overlook the flaws and weaknesses in others that get on my nerves and focus on all their good qualities. Make me a loving voice that pushes them forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

15 Jun 2021 06:33 #2597 by DrMike
Slack-Jawed

Today's Scripture

Make a show of how much you love me so the bullies who hate me will stand there slack-jawed… (Psalm 86:17, MSG)

David knew what it was to have opposition. His brothers ridiculed him. His father discounted him. When David told King Saul he wanted to fight Goliath, Saul thought he was kidding. When Goliath saw David, he laughed. What’s interesting is that David could have defeated the giant warrior in a valley with no one around, but there are times when God will bring you out in public so people who are for you and those who are against you will see firsthand the favor on your life.

With the opposing armies watching on opposite mountainsides, when David dropped Goliath dead, their jaws dropped in disbelief. Instantly, David had respect, honor, and influence. As with David, there are times when God is going to prove to people who you are. He’s going to help you accomplish what you couldn’t accomplish on your own, help you defeat an enemy much bigger. Everyone is going to see His hand on your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the obstacles in my way look bigger, stronger, and more powerful than I can handle, You will show how much You love me and help me overcome. I believe that You’re about to make things happen that I could never make happen and in amazing ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Jun 2021 06:48 #2598 by DrMike
Speak Blessing into Your Life

Today's Scripture

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. (James 3:9, NIV)

Many people don’t realize that with their words they’re cursing their future. Every time you say, “I never get any good breaks,” you just cursed your life. “I’ll never be able to afford that nice house.” “I’ll never be able to break this addiction.” “I’ll never get the promotion.” No, stop cursing your future. Sometimes the enemy doesn’t have to defeat us; we defeat ourselves. Pay attention to what you’re saying. Are you blessing your life, or are you cursing it?

Why don’t you stop criticizing yourself? Stop talking about all the things you don’t like—how you’re getting too old, too wrinkled, too this, too that. Don’t invite that into your life. When you speak them out, you give them life. Stop cursing your life and start blessing your life. Don’t speak words of defeat; speak words of victory. Start calling yourself strong, healthy, talented, beautiful, and successful. Prophesy good things. Dare to declare God’s favor. Your words will become your reality.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me the power of words to bless my life and bless others. Thank You for all the good things that I can prophesy over my future. Help me to pay attention to my words and keep speaking words of victory, health, and success. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jun 2021 07:07 - 17 Jun 2021 07:08 #2599 by DrMike
Set Boundaries

Today's Scripture

Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare. (Proverbs 22:24–25, ESV)

The number one thing that gets people off course is when they start to run with the wrong crowd. You have to set boundaries around your life. When you hear somebody who’s always negative, critical, and finding fault, that’s a red flag. Someone who is given to anger and always gets upset is not for you. Don’t spend a lot of time with people who are never happy, who don’t have integrity, who compromise, who always have problems. You don’t want those qualities.

You have a responsibility to protect what God has entrusted you with—your gifts, your assignment, your integrity and character. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to surround yourself with eagles, with people who inspire you to bring out your wings, with people who motivate you to soar, people who make you better. But if you’re holding on to the chickens, you’re never going to meet the eagles. Don’t settle for chickens; God has eagles.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making it so plain that I need to set boundaries and be selective about whom I surround myself with. Help me to protect what You have entrusted to me so I can reach my highest potential. I commit myself to surrounding myself with people who inspire me and make me better. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at with your requests.

Attachments:

18 Jun 2021 09:00 #2600 by DrMike
Don’t Go Barefoot

Today's Scripture

For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. (Ephesians 6:15, NLT)

Ephesians 6 talks about how we should put on the whole armor of God for our daily spiritual battles. One part of that armor is the shoes of peace. It’s interesting that God chose our feet for peace. It implies that everywhere we go, we’re going to have to choose to stay in peace. You can have on your helmet of salvation, your belt of truth, and your shield of faith, but if you don’t put on your shoes of peace, if you don’t make the decision that you’re not going to let other people bait you into conflict, then even though you have on all the other armor, without peace it’s not going to be effective. Every morning make the decision that nothing that comes against you is going to get you upset—that’s putting on your shoes of peace. You’re saying, “God, my life is in Your hands. Everything may not go perfectly today, but I trust You. I know You’re working all things for my good.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God of all peace and for giving me shoes of peace to walk in. I want to draw closer to You and live deeper in You. I refuse to allow circumstances in my life or what others say and do to get me upset. I declare I walk in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds