Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Jul 2021 06:32 #2611 by DrMike
When Life Is Unfair

Today's Scripture

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. (Isaiah 30:18, NIV)

You may feel as though you were shortchanged in life—you didn’t have a good childhood, or you’re dealing with a health issue, or your boss hasn’t treated you fairly. The good news is that God saw the hurt and knows what you’re owed. He’s keeping the records. He may not be able to give you another childhood or bring back a loved one, but He can make the rest of your life so rewarding, so fulfilling that you won’t think about what didn’t work out.

The hand you’ve been dealt may not be fair, but it’s not a surprise to God. In the dark places of your life, you have to keep reminding yourself that God is a God of justice. He knows exactly what’s going on. He already has a way to settle your case. Every time you’re tempted to worry, just turn it around and thank Him that payback is on the way. Thank Him that you’re coming into a place of no loss.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a God of justice, and You keep the records. Thank You that the time comes when You say that it’s payback time, and You will settle my case. I believe that things are about to turn around and blessing is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2021 02:42 #2612 by DrMike
When Life Is Unfair

Today's Scripture

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. (Isaiah 30:18, NIV)

You may feel as though you were shortchanged in life—you didn’t have a good childhood, or you’re dealing with a health issue, or your boss hasn’t treated you fairly. The good news is that God saw the hurt and knows what you’re owed. He’s keeping the records. He may not be able to give you another childhood or bring back a loved one, but He can make the rest of your life so rewarding, so fulfilling that you won’t think about what didn’t work out.

The hand you’ve been dealt may not be fair, but it’s not a surprise to God. In the dark places of your life, you have to keep reminding yourself that God is a God of justice. He knows exactly what’s going on. He already has a way to settle your case. Every time you’re tempted to worry, just turn it around and thank Him that payback is on the way. Thank Him that you’re coming into a place of no loss.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a God of justice, and You keep the records. Thank You that the time comes when You say that it’s payback time, and You will settle my case. I believe that things are about to turn around and blessing is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

07 Jul 2021 06:41 #2613 by DrMike
Watch What God Will Do

Today's Scripture

Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.” (2 Kings 4:2, NIV)

The poor widow in 2 Kings 4 was desperate. Things were so bad that not only could she not pay her bills, but the creditors were coming to take her two sons as payment. When she said she had nothing at all, she was saying, “It’s too late. I’m done.” What good was the small jar of olive oil in the light of her huge debt? Yet when she obeyed Elisha’s word to get containers and pour a little oil in them, the miracle happened and the oil kept flowing.

Don’t discount the small thing you have—small opportunities, small income, small gifts. It may seem too small, but God knows how to multiply. God doesn’t expect us to have great faith all the time, but He expects us to obey. When tough times come and you think it’s impossible, just say, “God, all I have is this little bit of oil, but I’m here to obey.” Then watch what God will do.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the true and living God, and You reward those who honor You. Thank You that my obedience can never earn Your blessing, but it can lead to it. I believe that when I am doing the right thing You will reward me with favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jul 2021 04:14 #2614 by DrMike
Outlast the Opposition

Today's Scripture

“But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 24:13, NLT)

Sometimes you wonder why the challenges you’re facing are not changing. You’re being your best, but nothing is improving. A principle of Scripture says that he who endures to the end will be saved. You have to outlast the opposition. Don’t worry about defeating it because if you just outlast it, you’re going to see the victory. God is going to defeat what’s trying to hold you back. You keep honoring God with an attitude of faith, and you won’t have to fight. God will move the wrong people out of the way. He’ll open a door that you couldn’t open. Outlast the sickness, outlast the injustice, outlast the trouble at work, outlast the loneliness.

In the Scripture, David spent years fleeing from King Saul before he was made king over Judah. David never defeated Saul; he simply outlasted him. You have to tap into that staying power. Don’t give up along the way. Don’t get discouraged because it’s taking longer than you thought. Your time is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that if I keep honoring You with an attitude of enduring faith, You will bring me through to victory. Thank You that I can tap into staying power to outlast whatever is coming against me. I believe that my time is coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jul 2021 03:55 #2615 by DrMike
Double

Today's Scripture

Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever. (Isaiah 61:7, MSG)

God doesn’t promise that we won’t have trouble. Sometimes we’ll have a double dose, more than our fair share. But the good news is that trouble doesn’t have the final say. The betrayal, the sickness, and the loss are not how your story ends. God promises that He won’t just help you get through it, just help you survive it, but He’ll bring you out with double—double the joy, double the strength, double the influence, double the resources. God makes the enemy pay for bringing the trouble.

God also says your joy will go on forever. That means neither the trouble nor pain is permanent. The loneliness, the addiction, and the depression are not going to last. God says restoration and new beginnings are coming through His goodness. Breakthroughs, abundance, and victory are coming. The pain is only temporary and is going to give way to a deep satisfaction, a joy you can’t explain, and that joy will go on forever.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You never forget about me and my troubles, and You collect every tear that I’ve shed. Thank You for Your promise that You are going to make up for it in such an amazing way. I receive Your double blessing and the joy that goes on forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Jul 2021 04:12 #2616 by DrMike
Go Deep to Go Higher

Today's Scripture

“It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built.” (Luke 6:48, NLT)

There are times when we don’t see any growth in our life, but we don’t realize that God is working on our foundation. He’s working on our character—how we treat people, how we handle adversity, what kind of attitude we have when things don’t go our way. We don’t like these times, but they are necessary. Like a building, the higher you’re going to go, the deeper your foundation has to be. Don’t get discouraged because things aren’t happening on your timetable. God knows what He’s doing. Keep passing the test. If you keep a good attitude when things aren’t changing, it makes you stronger. When you’re being good to people who are not good to you, your foundation is going deeper. God is getting you prepared to go higher.

Don’t fight the foundation work. Don’t get sour because things aren’t moving as fast as you would like. Something is happening that you can’t see. Your foundation is going deeper. You’re getting prepared for new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the foundation of my life is being built on the rock that You are. Help me to be patient and pass the test when things aren’t happening as fast as I’d like. I believe that You are taking me deeper and getting me prepared for new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jul 2021 02:51 #2617 by DrMike
The Distinction on Your Life

Today's Scripture

“…to give you…houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, hewn-out wells which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant.” (Deuteronomy 6:10–11, NKJV)

God has set you up for a distinctively favored life. When the Scripture says He gives favor for houses you didn’t build and vineyards you didn’t plant, it means He’s set you up for blessings you didn’t work for, for promotion you didn’t deserve. It’s not because of who you are; it’s because of whose you are. God has marked you with favor. When you realize this, you’ll pray bold prayers. You’ll dream big dreams. You’ll expect things to happen for you that may not happen for others.

This is why when others are afraid and upset, you don’t have to live worried. You’ll be at peace, knowing there’s a hedge around you that the enemy cannot cross. You may have things around you that could harm you, keep you from your dreams, and bring you down. Stay in faith. There is a distinction on your life, on your property, on your children, on your career, and on your health that is put there by the Creator of the universe.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Almighty God who has put a hedge of protection around my life that the enemy cannot cross. Thank You that I am Yours, and You have marked my life with Your favor. I declare that I will not live worried but will walk in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

I'm headed out for vacation and will return on the 26th, prayers are greatly appreciated while I am traveling. My devotions will resume on the 26th.

Attachments:

26 Jul 2021 06:41 #2618 by DrMike
For Such a Time as This

Today's Scripture

When Mordecai left the king’s presence, he was wearing royal garments of blue and white, a large crown of gold and a purple robe of fine linen. (Esther 8:15, NIV)

In the book of Esther, an official named Haman occupied a very influential position with the king of Persia. He convinced the king to issue a decree that on a certain date all the Jews throughout the kingdom should be killed, and he so hated Mordecai, the cousin of Queen Esther, that on the following day he was going to have Mordecai executed. Yet in one day, Haman was exposed for his evil and killed, the decree was overruled, and Mordecai was put in Haman’s position.

You may be in a difficult situation—people are coming against you, your finances don’t look good, there’s trouble in a relationship. You could be upset and worried, but stay in peace. Because you honor God, He’s fighting your battles. Keep doing the right thing. Don’t take matters into your own hands. Let God be your vindicator, and in His time, the enemies you see today you will see no more. What was meant for your harm will be turned to your advantage.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I believe, angels go to work, forces of darkness are pushed back, and things begin to change in my favor. Thank You that whether You do it tomorrow or next year, You will take care of my every need. I believe it’s on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Jul 2021 06:01 - 27 Jul 2021 06:03 #2619 by DrMike
Scars Tell Your Story

Today's Scripture

For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus. (John 15:5, NKJV)

While life brings its share of physical scars from injuries, there are also inner scars that come from what somebody said, from a breakup, from a failure we made, from the loss of a loved one. So often we try to hide our scars from those wounds. They remind us of the hurt. But you need to see your scars in a new light. God allowed that scar to remind you of what He brought you through. Don’t think of the pain, think of the grace of God. The scar means the wound has healed, the pain is over, and you’re moving forward.

You can be at peace with your scars. Those scars tell your story. No one in the Scripture fulfilled their destiny without battle scars. We all get wounded. The scar is proof that God healed you. The scar reminds you of the greatness of God. Sure, you have a scar, but you’ve come through healed, restored, vindicated, blessed, and fulfilling your purpose.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have borne our griefs and carried our sorrows and by Your stripes we are healed. Thank You that the scars tell the story of what You’ve done in my life and of Your greatness. I am at peace with my scars. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 with your requests.

Attachments:

29 Jul 2021 08:14 #2620 by DrMike
Mighty Hero

Today's Scripture

The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!” (Judges 6:12, NLT)

Gideon was hiding in the winepress, afraid of his enemies, when God said he was to deliver the people of Israel from the Midianites. He was feeling inadequate, weak, and intimidated, yet God called him a mighty hero. Gideon said, “God, not me. I come from the poorest family, and I am the least one in my father’s house.” He was saying, “My gift is too small.” Yet God gave Gideon favor, and he went out with three hundred men and defeated an army of over a hundred thousand. Gideon became a great leader and is now listed as one of the heroes of faith.

Your gift may seem small, you may feel unqualified, the obstacles may look too big, but God is saying to you what He said to Gideon, “Hello, you mighty hero.” God sees what you can become. Stir up what’s in your heart and come out of hiding. God wouldn’t have put it there if He weren’t going to bring it to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know me and what I am capable of becoming. Thank You that You have equipped m and are empowering me to be strong where I feel weak and less than. I believe that You are transforming me into a mighty warrior. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.682 seconds