Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Aug 2021 07:11 #2641 by DrMike
Setbacks Are Setups

Today's Scripture

“And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD.” (Exodus 14:4, NIV)

In the book of Exodus, God told Moses to tell Pharaoh, “Let My people go.” But God knew that Pharaoh would refuse, so He caused him to harden his heart so He could bring great glory at the expense of Pharaoh. God was setting up the odds to be against the Israelites so He could show His favor. In a similar way, you may not like it that some people and circumstances have come against you; it isn’t fair, but it is ordained by God—not to stop or defeat you, but so God can show out in your life. Now quit complaining and asking, “Why am I facing these odds?” If you stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time before God turns around those obstacles and uses them to push you forward.

When it feels like the odds are against you, don’t fall apart. It’s a setup. God is about to do something that people cannot deny. They are going to know the Lord is on your side.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are going to use the obstacles in my life to show me Your favor and bring glory to Your Name. Thank You that You are setting me up to show out in my life. I declare that others are going to know that You are on my side. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2021 06:50 #2642 by DrMike
Doubters

Today's Scripture

For even [Jesus’] own brothers did not believe in him. (John 7:5, NIV)

It’s interesting that Jesus’ own brothers did not believe in Him until after He rose from the dead. He was performing miracle after miracle, but they didn’t see Him as the Messiah. They only saw Him as their brother and thought, “Oh, it’s just Jesus. We grew up with Him.” Even when Jesus began to gain popularity, His brothers scoffed at Him and made fun of Him. They tried to discount Him and talk Him out of His destiny. Jesus let it go in one ear and out the other.

Sometimes the people who have known you the longest will try to keep you in the same box that you grew up in, but people don’t determine your destiny. What they say about you and how they try to make you feel cannot stop what God has ordained for your life. You need to distance yourself from people who are always trying to put limitations on you and talk you out of what God has put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are taking me to the next level whether the people around me recognize it or not. Thank You that I am not limited by where I come from or by what others say or think about me. I will not allow others to put a limitation on what You have put in my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

01 Sep 2021 06:27 #2643 by DrMike
Be Vulnerable

Today's Scripture

No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be… (Philippians 3:13, TLB)

Paul was one of the church’s greatest apostles. He wrote nearly half the books in the New Testament. He was a scholar, a theologian, and preacher. No one was more effective than Paul. But he had the humility to admit, “I don’t have it all together. I’ve done my best, but I’m not there yet.” He could have let pride hide his weaknesses. He could have masked his shortcomings, but he was vulnerable. He was real. That’s the kind of person God promotes. There’s power in vulnerability.

Too often we try to impress people by putting on masks and performing to make them think we’re this or that. If you have to hide your struggles, cover your weaknesses, and act one way to keep up your image but deep down you know it’s superficial, that will keep you from your potential. Take off the mask. Be real. God is not looking for the ideal you, the pretend you, or the future you. He’s looking for the real you, the vulnerable you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are looking for the real me, for me to be honest about my struggles, my doubts, my weaknesses, and my fears. Thank You that You love me just as I am, and You want me to be vulnerable. I have nothing to hide. Make me, mold me, and change me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Sep 2021 06:37 #2644 by DrMike
You Are Not a Slave

Today's Scripture

“So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.” (John 8:36, AMP)

Because of negative things in the past or even mistakes we’ve made, too often we develop a slave mentality. We think we’re at a disadvantage, so we don’t pursue our dreams or pray bold prayers. We live as though we’re a slave to an addiction, to depression, to mediocrity, to others’ approval. But today’s Scripture says the Son of God has set us free. You are not a slave; you are a child of the Most High God. Sons and daughters think differently than slaves. You may struggle with an addiction, but you say, “I have a right to be free.” There may be obstacles in your path, but you know the forces for you are greater than the forces against you.

God has defeated the enemy and freed us from sin, guilt, depression, and sicknesses. You need to rise up and say, “I’m a son. I’m not a slave to my past, to people who hurt me, to addiction, to poverty, or to lack. I’m a child of the Most High God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have made me Your child, and Jesus has set me free. Thank You that You redeemed me from sin and guilt and sickness. I believe and declare that the forces for me are greater than the forces against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Sep 2021 06:46 #2645 by DrMike
The Cows Are Coming

Today's Scripture

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.” (1 Samuel 7:12, NIV)

In 1 Samuel 4, the Philistines had defeated the Israelites in a battle, captured the ark of the covenant, which symbolized God’s presence, and the prophet Eli was dead. It was a disaster, and it looked as though the ark was gone forever. But plagues began to break out among the Philistines, and they realized it was because of the ark. So, they put it on a cart and let two cows pull it back to Israel. The Israelites never dreamed they’d see the ark again, but the Lord restored it to them without them having to fight for it.

Some of the things that you worry over and can’t see how they could ever happen, God will bring those things to you. You’re not going to have to go after them or fight for them. What belongs to you—the contract, the promotion, the healing—is headed your way. God knows how to get what’s yours into your hands. Bad breaks and enemies can’t stop Him. God is going to surprise you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your presence in my life and Your constant help to get me what I need and where I need to be. Thank You for all the things that are coming my way that I could never accomplish on my own. Thus far You have helped me, and I know that will always be true. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Sep 2021 08:15 #2646 by DrMike
Be a Joseph

Today's Scripture

Then Joseph kissed each of his brothers and wept over them, and after that they began talking freely with him. (Genesis 45:15, NLT)

Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery that led to thirteen years of immeasurable suffering, heartache, and pain. Yet after Joseph was made second in command of all Egypt, when those same brothers came before him asking for food, he didn’t say, “It’s payback time!” The reason God could promote Joseph to that level is because He could trust Joseph to handle the power correctly and be good to people who had not been good to him. Joseph wept, embraced, and kissed his brothers. He gave them food and land and took care of his entire family.

Give people the grace to change when they’ve done you wrong. Don’t judge their whole life on one season, one mistake. You don’t have to befriend them and allow them all access, but you need to get to the point where you’ve let go of the offense and you treat them with respect. Be a Joseph. Let God pay back the people who hurt you. You’re not the judge and jury. Leave it in God’s hands.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the mercy and forgiveness and protection You have shown me when I’ve done wrong. Help me to do good and to bless those who have done me wrong. I am leaving them in Your hands and giving them the grace that allows for change. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Sep 2021 03:48 #2647 by DrMike
All God’s Children

Today's Scripture

“I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”“I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18, NIV)

You may have been raised in a dysfunctional environment with addictions, abuse, and neglect. It’s easy to get bitter and think, “God, why was I born into this family? Why didn’t my parents give me what I needed?” It may not have been fair, but God has promised to be your heavenly Father. He’s taken into account what you didn’t get, who wasn’t there, and what didn’t work out. It may seem as though that put you at a disadvantage, but your Father already designed a plan with that in mind to get you to your destiny. He took into consideration the hurt, the pain, the rejection, the loneliness. No matter how wrong it was, it doesn’t have to stop you.

No matter who wasn’t there for you, don’t live with bitterness, give up on a dream, or settle for mediocrity. God is saying, “Get ready. I’m about to make it up to you. I’m going to give you more joy, more peace, more influence, and more resources than you could ever imagine.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that I am Your child, and You really are my heavenly Father. Thank You that no matter how unfair the past has been, You have a plan to get me to my destiny. I declare that I will not be bitter, and I look forward to the good things You are bringing to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Sep 2021 06:56 #2648 by DrMike
Better Together

Today's Scripture

…not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:25, NKJV)

When we come together as a body of believers united in faith, there’s something that happens that you cannot get on your own. We draw strength from one another. As your praise gets mixed with others’ praise, power is released, healing is released, joy is released. Every time we come together, you’re being refreshed, restored, and reenergized. It’s like your batteries are being recharged. What the week took out of you, God is putting back in you.

It’s good to worship on your own. It’s important to pray by yourself. But something happens corporately that doesn’t happen individually. That’s why David says, “Let us magnify the Lord together.” When we come together to magnify God, it’s like the intensity is turned up. Your faith mixed with everybody else’s faith creates something powerful. Give God the first part of your week and take a few hours to assemble together and connect with other believers. When we come together in faith, an ordinary building becomes a house of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the church is Your idea and for making it a place where I can unite my faith with others and draw strength from others. Thank You that when we gather to worship, I am refreshed, restored, and reenergized for the week ahead. Help me to be connected with other believers. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

09 Sep 2021 06:40 #2649 by DrMike
Be Committed

Today's Scripture

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:7, ESV)

We’re all tempted to give up on what we’re believing for, to walk away from someone who disappoints us, to slack off at work and not be our best because we’re not being treated right. But if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to stay committed. You have a made-up mind that you’re in it for the long haul. It may be difficult, you may have a good reason to walk away, but don’t take the easy way out. Stay committed to your marriage, stay committed to raising that child, stay committed to your friends in the good times and in the tough times. Stay committed to your dreams. Don’t give up on the promises God put in your heart when it’s taking longer than you thought. Stay committed to your job, and stay committed to your church. Be loyal, be somebody others can count on every day.

The people who see their dreams come to pass are the people who stay committed. God rewards consistent, faithful, committed people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and commitment to love me at all times. Thank You that You never slack off in bringing Your promises to fulfillment in my life. Help me to stay committed in all my relationships, to be faithful in my work, to be someone others can always count on. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Sep 2021 03:55 #2650 by DrMike
Believe Again

Today's Scripture

“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight...” (Isaiah 45:2, NKJV)

You may have big obstacles in your path that you can’t overcome on your own. The good news is that you’re not on your own. You have the most powerful force in the universe breathing in your direction. When He speaks, Red Seas part, blind eyes open, and dreams come back to life. We look at our circumstances in the natural, but He’s a supernatural God. He goes before you, makes your crooked places straight, and fights your battles. No person can stop you—no bad break, no sickness, no failure.

Maybe at one time you believed, you were passionate and excited about life, but things haven’t turned out the way you hoped. You had some bad breaks, some disappointments. God is saying, “It’s time to believe again.” You haven’t seen your best days. What God promised you is still going to come to pass. You haven’t missed too many opportunities. If it had happened sooner, it wouldn’t have been the right time. Now is the time. Stir up your faith. Start believing again.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and You handpicked me and set me apart for Your own purpose. Thank You for calling me to live by a higher standard and be distinct. I want my life to be uncommon and bring You praise. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds