Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Oct 2021 04:24 #2671 by DrMike
Serve Faithfully

Today's Scripture

“Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.” (Matthew 25:21, ESV)

There are times in life when we feel like we’re doing the right thing but not making progress. It’s easy to get discouraged and lose our passion. One test we all have to pass is being faithful when nothing new is happening. We’re just going to work, coming home, taking care of children, doing the same thing again. Will you stay faithful when it feels like you’re going in circles?

When you’re faithful in the routine, something is happening that you can’t see. Your character is being developed. Your spiritual muscles are getting stronger. The routineness of life is not exciting, but it’s necessary. You won’t become all you were created to be without being your best when it’s mundane. When you’re doing the right thing with a good attitude month after month, you’re being prepared for where God is taking you. When God can trust you to be faithful in the ordinary, He will take you into the extraordinary. When you’re faithful in average days, you will see exceptional days.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to be faithful in the routine, knowing that You are preparing me for the new things You have in store. Thank You that You will take me from the ordinary to the extraordinary. I’m going to keep being my best, serving and loving right where I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2021 06:33 #2672 by DrMike
Live Securely

Today's Scripture

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1, NIV)

The Scripture speaks of “the great love the Father has lavished on us.” It wasn’t a little love, an “I think” love, or a conditional love. It was and is a “great love.” We think about how much we love God, but what’s far more profound is how much God loves us. Before you were formed in your mother’s womb, God knew and loved you. He took time to plan out all your days. He knows your thoughts before you think them. He knows your words before you speak them. Jesus says “the very hairs of your head are all numbered.”

Do you really think there’s anything you can do to cause Him to stop loving you? So how must God feel when we go around thinking, “I think He loves me. I think I’m good enough. I think I haven’t done too much wrong”? Get rid of the “I think” mentality and start having an “I know” mentality. Live securely, knowing that your heavenly Father loves you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great love that You have lavished on me that I should be called Your child. Thank You that nothing I’ve done can cancel out Your love. I declare that I am going to live securely, knowing that You love me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

27 Oct 2021 05:41 #2673 by DrMike
Conditional Trust

Today's Scripture

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:8, NIV)

It’s easy to trust God when things are going our way. But when our prayers aren’t being answered the way we want, the problem isn’t turning around, and we’re not seeing favor, too often we get upset and ask, “God, why didn’t You answer my prayers?” We think that when it changes, we’ll be happy. Conditional trust says, “God, if You answer my prayers in the way I want and according to my timetable, I’ll be my best.”

The problem with conditional trust is that there will always be something that’s not happening fast enough, something that doesn’t work out the way we want. There will always be unanswered “why” questions. So, are you mature enough to accept God’s answers even when they’re not what you were hoping for? God is sovereign. He knows what He’s doing. You may not understand everything that happens, but God has your best interest at heart. It’s not random. It’s a part of His plan. Faith is trusting God when life doesn’t make sense.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are sovereign and worthy of my unconditional trust. There are things in my life that I don’t understand, situations I want to see changed, but even if things don’t happen the way I hope, I’m still going to trust You. I believe You are in control. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Oct 2021 18:38 #2674 by DrMike
The COFA devotionals will resume on November 4th, I will be away at a COFA event.

04 Nov 2021 06:31 #2675 by DrMike
Open Windows

Today's Scripture

“Bring all the tithe into the storehouse…and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.” (Malachi 3:10, NKJV)

We all come to places in life where we reach our limit. We’ve gone as far as our education allows. The medical report says we’re not going to get well. We’ve tried but haven’t been able to break the addiction. It’s easy to settle where we are and think it’s never going to change. But the good news is that you’re not on your own. Because you’re a giver, because you’re planted in the house of the Lord, you are under the open windows of heaven. If you start believing and expecting again, God is going to rain down favor, good breaks, creativity, and abundance. The medical report may not look good, but healing is raining down under the open windows of heaven. You may have gone as far as your education allows, but opportunities and divine connections are raining down under the open windows of heaven. You haven’t been able to break that addiction, but it’s just a matter of time before freedom and wholeness rain down under the open windows of heaven.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am under the open windows of heaven. Thank You that You are pouring out blessings so abundant that I won’t have room enough to receive it all. I believe and declare that You are going to rain down favor, good breaks, and creativity. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Nov 2021 06:38 - 05 Nov 2021 06:40 #2676 by DrMike
Ignore It

Today's Scripture

Ignore insignificant insults or losses and do not bother to retaliate—maintain your dignity. (Luke 6:29, AMP)

We would go a lot further and enjoy life a lot more if we would simply ignore some things. When somebody is talking about you, you don’t have to straighten them out—just ignore it and move on. When somebody is pushing for an argument, they may be wrong and you know you’re right, but if you win the argument, what is that going to accomplish? Is it going to move you forward, or is it just going to make you feel good? You may win, but in the big picture it’s taking your time, energy, and the focus you should be using for your dreams. Let somebody else be right for the sake of peace. Let God fight your battles.

We fight too many battles that don’t matter. If a battle is not between you and your destiny, it’s a distraction. It’s the enemy trying to lure you off course when a new level is waiting for you. You have to learn to let things go.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty I will ever face. Give me the wisdom to know and ignore anything that is just an insignificant insult or an argumentative distraction to get me off track. I believe that You are going to bring me to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Attachments:

08 Nov 2021 06:49 #2677 by DrMike
In the Furnace

Today's Scripture

“Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.” (Isaiah 48:10, NKJV)

As a young man, Moses knew he was supposed to deliver God’s people from their slavery in Egypt. He had the dream, but he got out of God’s timing, tried to do it on his own, and killed a man. He had to run for his life, then he spent the next forty years on the back side of the desert. It looked as though that one mistake ruined his destiny. But God never writes you off. Moses was in the furnace of affliction, being refined. When he was eighty years old, the Scripture says, “Moses was the most humble, gentle man on the face of the earth.” God was saying, “Moses, I haven’t forgotten about you. You may not have liked the difficulties, you may have been uncomfortable, but now you’re prepared for the fullness of your destiny.” Moses went on to bring the Israelites out of four hundred years of slavery and lead them to the Promised Land. It would never have happened without the refining fire.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that I am Your child, and You really are my heavenly Father. Thank You that no matter how unfair the past has been, You have a plan to get me to my destiny. I declare that I will not be bitter, and I look forward to the good things You are bringing to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Nov 2021 06:19 #2678 by DrMike
Sooner Than Expected

Today's Scripture

The LORD said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.” (Jeremiah 1:12, NIV)

Every circumstance in your life may say it’s going to take years to get out of debt, years to qualify for a house, or years to accomplish a goal. But get ready. God has favor, good breaks, healing, and divine connections that are going to show up sooner than expected. Yes, there are times when God does things over a period of years. But there are also times when God will do things suddenly, unexpectedly, quicker than you thought.

You may face obstacles and problems that look insurmountable—sickness, family difficulties, depression. You may have been told and accepted the fact that it’s going to be a long, drawn-out process to see change. No, get ready for a knock on the door. God has your answer already en route. It’s going to be there sooner than expected. A breakthrough is on the way. It should take years, but God is speeding things up. He is watching to see that His word and purpose for your life is fulfilled.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are watching to see that Your word and purpose for my life is fulfilled. Thank You that You still have an answer for whatever obstacle I am facing that seems insurmountable. I believe that the answer is on the way and will arrive sooner than expected. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Nov 2021 06:56 - 11 Nov 2021 06:58 #2679 by DrMike
Where Peace Is Found

Today's Scripture

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. (Isaiah 26:3, ESV)

When you go through disappointments and face closed doors, you’ll be tempted to put self-pity and discouragement on the throne. Don’t fall into that trap. Keep God on the throne. He is saying, “If you keep Me on the throne, if you say no to the worry, no to the fear, and no to the offense, you’ll live a peaceful, blessed life.” Keep your mind stayed on Him, pass that test, and you’ll come into favor, blessing, healing, and promotion. And be aware every morning that something is going to try to get back on the throne. You don’t take it down once and you’re done. You have to keep it off. All through the day, worry and self-pity and other negative attitudes will try to creep back on the throne. There’s always something trying to get on the throne.

What’s on your throne? I wonder how much higher we would go, how much more we’d enjoy life, if we kept God on the throne.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my Savior, my Lord, my provider, my healer, and my deliverer. Thank You for being on my throne, and my health, my finances, my family, and my circumstances are all in the palms of Your hands. I will keep my mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316

Attachments:

12 Nov 2021 06:41 #2680 by DrMike
Without the Betrayal

Today's Scripture

Jesus said to Judas, “Friend, do what you came for.” (Matthew 26:50, AMP)

When Judas betrayed and tried to stop Jesus, it seemed like a bad break. But Jesus had known that Judas was going to betray Him, and He hadn’t tried to stop him. Jesus understood that betrayal was a part of His destiny. Had Judas not betrayed Him, there wouldn’t have been a crucifixion, and without the cross there wouldn’t have been a resurrection, and without a resurrection we wouldn’t have redemption. The man who sold Jesus out for thirty pieces of silver was critical to His destiny.

What am I saying? Don’t complain about that person who betrayed you. If they walked away, they didn’t set you back; they set you up. If that had not happened, you wouldn’t get to where you’re supposed to be. If they tried to push you down and lied about you, it may not have been fair, but nothing happens by accident. If God allowed it, He knows how to use it for your good.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that You can take the things that are meant to harm me and use them for my good. I receive this word and choose to remain at rest and not complain. It may not feel good, but I declare that it is all good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.910 seconds