Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Nov 2021 04:12 #2681 by DrMike
It’s Called Favor

Today's Scripture

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

What God has in your future can’t be accomplished on your own. There are places He’s going to take you that you can’t get to by yourself. There will be obstacles that look too big, dreams that seem impossible. If it were only up to you, you’d get stuck. The good news is that God has bestowed on you something that gives you an advantage, that opens doors that you can’t open, that makes you stand out in the crowd. It’s called “favor.” Favor will cause good breaks to come to you that you don’t deserve. You weren’t next in line, but you got the promotion. That’s the favor of God.

You’ve been faithful, honoring God. Get ready for favor. Get ready for an explosive blessing. God is about to do something unusual, something that you’ve never seen, promotion that you didn’t work for, and good breaks that you didn’t deserve. You can’t explain it or take credit for it. It’s the favor of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your favor has been upon my life in so many ways. Thank You for the countless things You’ve made happen for my good that I could never make happen. I am getting ready for explosive blessings that are gifts of Your favor that I don’t deserve. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2021 04:18 #2682 by DrMike
People Are Contagious

Today's Scripture

Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” (1 Corinthians 15:33, NIV)

People are contagious. You’re going to catch what they have. If your friends are prejudiced, you’re going to become prejudiced. If they compromise, you’re going to compromise. If they have no goals and little motivation, that narrow-minded thinking is going to corrupt you. You will become like the people with whom you associate. Don’t hang around people who don’t have anything you want. If they’re not making you better, inspiring you, and causing you to grow, you need to make changes. Be nice to everyone, but don’t spend time with negative, critical, jealous, small-minded, bitter people.

God has given you a gift that will flourish and grow in the soil of good character. Your seed is full of potential, has greatness in it, and can set a new standard for your family. Your seed can break generational curses, could have the cure for cancer, and could impact this world. What God has entrusted you with is extremely valuable. Do your part and keep your seed in good soil.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and potential You put in me. Thank You for making it so plain that I need to be selective about whom I surround myself with. Help me to be bold to evaluate and make sure that my friends are people who inspire me and cause me to grow in my faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Nov 2021 06:29 #2683 by DrMike
It’s on the Way

Today's Scripture

looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2, NKJV)

What you’re believing for, the promises you’re standing on, the dreams you’ve been praying about, they’re already en route. The healing is coming, the promotion is coming, and the right people are coming. You may not see any signs of it yet; everything looks the same. What you can’t see is that behind the scenes, God is moving the wrong people out of the way, pushing back the forces of darkness. He’s arranging things in your favor, lining up the breaks you need. He’s called the author and the finisher of our faith. He’s going to finish what He started in your life. God didn’t bring you this far to leave you.

You may have big challenges, but we serve a big God. Your enemies may be powerful, but our God is all-powerful. That dream may look impossible, but God can do the impossible. Even when you don’t think you have the connections, the resources, or the talent, God is for you, and He’s saying, “Favor is on the way.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith, and He will finish what He started in my life. Thank You that You’re always working behind the scenes and arranging things in my favor. I believe that You are for me, and favor is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Nov 2021 06:55 #2684 by DrMike
Sit Down

Today's Scripture

Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will bring me safely through them. (Psalm 138:7, TLB)

In Psalm 138, David was saying, “Even though everything has come against me, I won’t be worried because the battle is not mine. The battle is the Lord’s, so I’m going to take my seat.” When you try to make everything happen in your own strength—pay people back, worry about your finances, try to get someone to like you—you are standing up. As long as you’re working, God will rest. But when you sit down, God will stand up and go to work. When He says, “Be still, and know that I am God,” He is saying, “Sit down. I’ve got this.”

It’s not that we sit back passively. We have to fight the good fight, but we do that from a place of rest. When you do your best, you can work hard with a rest inside, knowing God will get you to where you’re supposed to be. God is saying, “Take your seat. My favor is on your life. Live from a place of rest.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the battle before me today is not mine but Yours. I could be worried and upset, but I’m going to take my seat and live from a place of rest. I believe that You are bigger than any problem, and You have this covered. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Nov 2021 07:12 #2685 by DrMike
Unchanging Value

Today's Scripture

I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace. (Philippians 4:13, AMP)

If you’re always depending on others for your approval and self-worth, counting on somebody else to make you happy, you’ll become needy and a burden. If you’re basing your value on how people treat you or what they give you, when they don’t measure up to what you expect, you’re going to feel devalued. But when you go to God for your approval and value, nobody can take that away. You are a child of the Most High God, and He has already approved you. That’s where you get your value.

The apostle Paul said he was “self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency.” When we know that the God who created the universe lives in us, that He’s equipped and empowered us, and that He approves us, we don’t have to have other people’s approval. If you’re not getting what you expect from others, let that be okay. You can affirm and approve yourself, knowing that God handpicked you, He breathed life into you, and He put seeds of greatness inside.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can find my value and worth and approval in You alone. Thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life, but help me not to become dependent upon them. I declare that I have Your approval and love, and that’s all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Nov 2021 06:03 #2686 by DrMike
How High You Can Go

Today's Scripture

“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great.” (Luke 6:35, NIV)

We all have people who have done us wrong. It’s easy to hold on to the hurt, to be vindictive and try to pay them back. One test we have to pass is to not only forgive people, but to be good to those who have not been good to us. When they betrayed you, when they left you out, when they said things that weren’t true, that put you at a disadvantage. It wasn’t fair, but God is a God of justice and will turn the tables at some point. You’ll be up, and they’ll be down. When you’re in a position of power, the real test of how high you can go is what you do to people who hurt you. Jesus says, “When somebody takes your shirt, give them your coat too.” That’s a test. That’s God seeing if you’re ready to be promoted. When God can trust you to handle favor, influence, and power without using it to be vindictive, He can take you to new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have been so merciful, loving, and forgiving of me, and thank You that You are working in my life to make me more like You. Help me to forgive, to love, and to be good to those who have done wrong to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

I will be out of town until December 1st, the devotionals will return on Dec 1st, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Attachments:

23 Nov 2021 03:33 #2687 by DrMike
Words of Life

Today's Scripture

Who have sharpened their tongues like a sword. They aim venomous words as arrows. (Psalm 64:3, AMP)

David referred to some people’s mouths as sharp swords and their words as venomous arrows. Are you building people up, or are you cutting people up with your words? Are you encouraging people, making them stronger and more confident, or are you putting others down, leaving them wounded and scarred? Many times, we can recover from a physical wound quicker than an emotional wound.

If you’re a parent, speak words of life, faith, and encouragement into your children. Yes, you must correct them, but don’t do it in an angry, disrespectful way. Don’t say derogatory things that are going to damage their self-esteem. Correct them in love with a kind spirit. Don’t cut them up with negative, hurtful words at any age. Let’s be parents who speak words of life, who push our children into their destiny, and who help release their dreams. Our children are a gift from God. He is counting on you to guide them, to nurture them, and to encourage them to become who they were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me to speak words of life, faith, and encouragement to everyone, and especially to my family. Help me to be aware of the words I am speaking and to tame my tongue before I speak words that could harm. I believe that You will help me to speak in a way that builds up. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Nov 2021 06:29 #2688 by DrMike
Promotion

Today's Scripture

“For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7, NKJV)

God doesn’t choose the way people choose. People look on the outside. God looks on the heart. God knew that if He could trust David to take care of sheep and to be faithful when things weren’t going his way, He could trust him to take care of His people. David went from being a shepherd to being the next king. Nobody voted for him. This wasn’t a democracy. If it had been, he wouldn’t have received one vote. Nobody in Israel knew who he was at that time. His father didn’t even believe in him.

When God is ready to promote you, He doesn’t take a vote. He doesn’t check to see who likes you, who’s for you, or how popular you are. It’s not a vote. It’s an appointment. Promotion doesn’t come from people. It comes from the Lord. When it’s your time to be promoted, no person, no bad break, no disappointment, and no enemy can stop you. God has the one and only vote. He has the final say.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited to seeing me as other people see me. Thank You that You see my heart, and You know my faithfulness to You. I believe that promotion comes from You, and You have the final say. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Dec 2021 03:19 #2689 by DrMike
Go to Sleep

Today's Scripture

Suddenly there was an angel at his side and light flooding the room. The angel shook Peter and got him up: “Hurry!” (Acts 12:7, MSG)

The apostle Peter was chained between two soldiers in prison. The next day it looked as though Peter would be put to death. Yet when an angel appeared in the prison during the night, Peter was sleeping so soundly he had to be shaken awake. If you were Peter, would you be sleeping soundly? Peter must have thought, “God, I’ve done my best, believed and prayed, and now I’m going to rest in You.”

Worrying doesn’t make anything better. Constantly reminding God about what’s wrong only makes us depressed. Take the problem off the throne and put God back on the throne. If you’re talking about your problem more than you’re talking about your God, you have the wrong one on the throne. Try a different approach and do what Peter did—go to sleep. Enter into His rest. Say, “God, I know You’re bigger than anything I’m facing. You said You never sleep, so I’m going to sleep, knowing that You are fighting my battles.” That’s a freeing way to live.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your strength and comfort in difficult times. I refuse to be overwhelmed by problems because You will bring me through to victory. I declare that I am resting in the Almighty God who is greater than anything I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Dec 2021 06:49 #2690 by DrMike
Take the Limits Off

Today's Scripture

“So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” (Exodus 3:8, NKJV)

When God gave the Israelites the promise of a land flowing with milk and honey, they had been in slavery for so many years that they became conditioned to not having enough, to barely getting by. When Pharaoh told his foremen to have the Israelites make the same amount of bricks without the hay and straw being provided for them, I’m sure they prayed, “God, please help us to find the supplies that we need.” They prayed from a slave mentality, from a limited mind-set. Instead of asking to be freed from their oppressors, they were asking to become better slaves. Instead of praying for what God promised them, they prayed that God would help them function better in their dysfunction.

Are you asking today to become a better slave, or are you asking for the more-than-enough life that God has for you? Take the limits off God and ask big. Ask God to help you think bigger and better so you can live better. Ask Him for your dream.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are El Shaddai, the God of abundance, not the God of barely enough. Help me to be free from the limited mind-set to just get by. I’m taking the limits off and asking for bigger and better, for my dream. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds