Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Jan 2022 07:46 #2721 by DrMike
Resist It

Today's Scripture

“If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:11, NIV

Friends, sometimes religion tells us that God puts sicknesses on us to teach us something. Granted, you may learn something while you’re sick, but God doesn’t send sicknesses, afflictions, or addictions to teach you. Jesus said that if earthly fathers give their children good things, “how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask.” What loving father would ever say, “I put this sickness on my child to teach them a lesson”?

As long as you think sickness comes from God, you’re not going to have faith to get rid of it. You need to see every sickness, every illness, and every addiction as the work of the enemy. Don’t say, “My cancer…my diabetes…my arthritis.” It’s not yours. It doesn’t belong to you. Your body is a temple of the Most High God. The Scripture says, “Resist the enemy, and he will flee from you.” You have to resist it. Don’t accept it as the norm. It may be there now, but it’s in the process of leaving.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that wherever Jesus went He brought healing to every person who came to Him. Thank You that sickness does not come from You, it’s not a teaching tool, but it is Your will to bring me healing. I will resist sickness and have the expectancy that it’s leaving. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2022 05:04 #2722 by DrMike
The Voice of Faith

Today's Scripture

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? Matthew 6:31, KJV

In Matthew 6, Jesus was talking about worry. Notice the phrase “take no thought, saying.” The negative thoughts will come. The key is to not say them. A thought will die stillborn if you don’t speak it. Jesus was saying, “You may feel worried. It may seem like it’s never going to happen. But don’t verbalize it. Don’t get trapped by your words.”

In life, there are always two voices vying for your attention. You’ll hear a voice of defeat saying, “It’s never going to work out.” But if you listen carefully, you’ll hear the voice of faith saying, “God has a way.” You get to choose which voice comes to life by what you speak. When you verbalize that thought, you’re giving it the right to come to pass. You have to get in agreement with God. The voice of defeat may seem louder, but you can override it. You can take away all its power by choosing the voice of faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I do not have to keep being trapped in worry by the words of my mouth. I choose to not listen to the voice of doubt but to listen and obey the voice of faith. Help me to keep speaking the words that are in agreement with what You say. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

27 Jan 2022 05:37 #2723 by DrMike
He Knows What You Need

Today's Scripture

“Master, please, I don’t talk well. I’ve never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer.” (Exodus 4:10, MSG)

When God told Moses to go tell Pharaoh to let the people of Israel go, Moses was insecure and didn’t feel qualified. However, God showed Moses miraculous signs so that he would go into the courts of Pharaoh with confidence, knowing that God was with him. But Moses had another concern. He said, “God, I can’t stand before Pharaoh because I have a speech problem.” You would have thought, since God just did all those miracles, He would simply touch Moses’ speech and take away the stuttering. But God didn’t remove that problem. God was saying to Moses, “You have exactly what you need to do what I’ve called you to do. If I needed to remove it for you to fulfill your destiny, I would have removed it.”

Are you waiting for God to remove a weakness before you can be happy, pursue a dream, finish school, or be good to somebody? Don’t hold back. You have what you need.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the limitations and the weaknesses that I still feel sometimes. Thank You for the reminders to ask for Your help and to thank You for all that You’ve done already. I believe and declare that You have given me all I need for now, and You’ll give me more as I need it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Jan 2022 08:48 #2724 by DrMike
When You’re Not Seeing

Today's Scripture

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

It’s easy to believe when we’re seeing signs of what we’re believing for. The test comes when you’re praying, but the medical report isn’t improving. You’re doing the right thing, but your marriage isn’t getting better. You know God put the promise in your heart, but there’s no sign of it happening. If you saw a little improvement, you could see that what you’re doing is helping. But many times, before a promise comes to pass, you have to go through a season of silence when you don’t see anything changing. This is when many people get discouraged and give up.

The apostle Paul says that in due season you shall reap if you don’t lose heart. It doesn’t say there’s a good chance you’ll reap. No, God says that if you won’t get tired of doing the right thing, if you won’t let what you don’t see talk you out of what you know, you will reap in due season. Now get ready. Your due season is closer than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that I will reap as long as I keep doing what’s right and not lose heart. Thank You that You are working behind the scenes in ways that I could never imagine. I will trust in You whether I’m seeing any signs or not. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 Jan 2022 06:48 #2725 by DrMike
Who Defines You?

Today's Scripture

“For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth—the one who accuses them before our God day and night.” (Revelation 12:10, NLT)

Some people will try to define you by your mistakes. They’ll stick labels on you, reminding you of the times you failed, the times you compromised, the times you didn’t measure up. When you go through one bad season, don’t be surprised if people say, “God’s not going to bless you. You gave into temptation. You’re divorced. Your business failed.”

Don’t let people label you. They can’t stop what God has ordained for your life. The only person who can stop you is you. If you believe the lies from the accuser of the brethren, that will keep you from your destiny. You may have failed, but you’re not a failure. That was a moment in your life, that was one season, and it doesn’t determine your future. You can’t stop others from putting a negative label on you, but you can take it right off. “I’m not defined by my mistakes. I’m defined by what God says about me. I am forgiven. I am redeemed. My failures are in my yesterday.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there are no negative labels that can stick to those who are in Christ Jesus, and that includes me. Thank You that I am not defined by my mistakes and failures, but I am defined by what You say about me. I am forgiven and redeemed and free from condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Feb 2022 06:57 #2726 by DrMike
The Blessing and the Burden

Today's Scripture

The angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” Luke 1:28, NKJV

Mary was told she would give birth to the Savior of the world. You can’t get any more favored than that. But with that blessing came a burden. She was favored but misunderstood. Favored but ridiculed. Favored but controversial. People whispered, “She got pregnant before her wedding.” On one hand, she’s excited and can hardly believe the blessing. On the other hand, she must tell Joseph and face having her heart broken.

Sometimes God will ask us to do things that are difficult. It would be much easier to stay in our comfort zone and not rock the boat. But God loves you too much to let you miss your destiny. He’s saying, “You’ve been highly favored. I’m going to take you where you’ve never dreamed and open doors that you couldn’t open.” You can handle the blessing, but can you handle the burden? Do as Mary did and keep the right attitude, knowing that the difficulty is part of the package. Focus on the blessing not the burden.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the favor You have put on my life and every blessing that I could never deserve. Thank You that You are taking me on a journey of faith that is beyond my dreams. Help me to focus on the blessings and to handle the burdens with Your grace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

02 Feb 2022 08:05 #2727 by DrMike
The Fight for Your Future

Today's Scripture

I will exalt you, LORD, for you rescued me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. (Psalm 30:1, NLT)

Have you ever wondered, “Why are all these unfair setbacks and difficulties coming against me? Why all the opposition?” It’s because when you gave your life to Christ, God said, “You’re mine.” When He put a crown of favor on your head, you became a target to the enemy. He knows God has destined you to take new ground, so he’s working overtime to try to stop you. Those bad breaks weren’t random; those were strategic attacks. The enemy wouldn’t waste his time bringing those challenges if he didn’t know there was greatness in you.

You need to know that there is a fight for your future, but it’s not your battle. God is fighting for you. The enemy may send opposition that looks too big, but God triumphs over every negative force. Those setbacks and difficulties that are trying to keep you from your destiny, God is speaking to them right now. Breakthroughs are coming, healing is coming, freedom is coming, victory is coming. The greatness in you is about to come out.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every time You have rescued me and refused to let the enemy triumph over me. Thank You that my future is safely in Your hands, and You are fighting for me. I believe that the setbacks and difficulties are about to give way to breakthroughs and victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Feb 2022 06:43 #2728 by DrMike
When You Don’t Know

Today's Scripture

Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5–6, MSG

We all have situations that we don’t see how they’re going to work out. We do our best to find a solution, but there are some things God doesn’t want us to know. He has the solution, but if He showed you right now, it wouldn’t take any faith. If you could see the provision, the healing, or the favor that He is going to bring, it would be easy to believe. The test comes when we don’t have the answers. Thoughts tell us, “How are you going to make it after you retire? What if your health doesn’t improve?” Sometimes there is no logical solution. The more we try to reason it out, the more discouraged we get. This is what faith is all about. You don’t have to come up with a plan. You have to be comfortable not knowing.

Sometimes we think it’s a lack of faith to say “I don’t know.” Take the pressure off. God knows. He has you in the palms of His hands. He will direct your steps.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my God, and that You will keep my life on track. Thank You that I can be free from trying to figure everything out on my own. I declare that I am in the palms of Your hands, and I am going to trust You from the bottom of my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Feb 2022 06:38 #2729 by DrMike
The Doorkeeper

Today's Scripture

“What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.” (Revelation 3:7, NIV)

We’ve all had times when we didn’t get the promotion, the loan didn’t go through, or a relationship didn’t make it. We did our best, but the door closed. But God wouldn’t allow the door to close if it was going to keep you from your destiny. We may not see how it can work out, but the Scripture says God is your doorkeeper. Other people and obstacles can’t keep you from what God has ordained for you.

It may feel as though you’re behind a closed door. You can’t seem to get well. You’re working hard but not getting ahead in your finances. Relationships keep falling through. Stay encouraged. Those closed doors are not permanent. Your time is coming. The Most High God is your doorkeeper. I believe you’re about to see some doors that have been closed for a long time suddenly open. Suddenly, your health improves, the right people show up, or you get the promotion. What happened? The doorkeeper stepped in. Get ready for some open doors.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the doorkeeper of my life. Thank You that other people and circumstances cannot keep me from what You have ordained for me. I believe that You are opening and closing the right doors, and I’m looking for Your suddenlies. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Feb 2022 02:58 #2730 by DrMike
No Drifting

Today's Scripture

We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. Hebrews 2:1, NIV

The Scripture describes hope as the anchor of our soul. It wouldn’t say “anchor” unless there was a possibility of drifting. This is what happens in life. If we don’t keep our anchor down and stay full of hope, then little by little we start drifting, getting negative and discouraged. “I don’t think I’ll ever get out of debt.” “I’ll never get well. It’s been so long.” “I’ll never meet the right person.” Pretty soon we feel down and overwhelmed and have drifted to a dark place. The problem is that you don’t have your anchor of hope down.

When you find yourself being consumed by worry, full of doubt, thinking it’s never going to work out, recognize what’s happened and put your anchor back down. Quit dwelling on the negative thoughts. You may have had some bad breaks, but that doesn’t mean you’re not going to fulfill your destiny. Shake off the self-pity, shake off the disappointment. What God promised you, He’s still going to bring to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You’ve given me hope as the anchor of my soul to keep me from drifting into doubt and worry. Thank You that I can keep my anchor down and tied to You. I believe that what You have promised me, You will bring to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds