Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Feb 2022 08:08 #2731 by DrMike
Standing Guard over You

Today's Scripture

"I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the LORD of hosts." (Malachi 3:11, ESV)

In Malachi 3, God has promised that when you’re a giver and planted in the house of the Lord, He will open the windows of heaven for you and pour out blessings you can’t contain. It goes on to say that He will rebuke the devourer for your sake. That means what was going to harm your family and relationships, devour your finances and opportunities, and cause breakdowns, God will rebuke. It’s always good to pray and stand against the forces of darkness, but when you’re under the open windows of heaven, you have the Creator of the universe as your protector and defender.

Today you need to give thanks for the many times God has rebuked the devourer and you didn’t know anything about it. He kept you from that accident, kept that sickness from touching you, kept that supervisor from holding you back. The Most High God is standing guard over your life. You don’t have to live worried, on edge, or in fear.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am under the open windows of heaven, and You are standing over me and guarding me from the devourer. Thank You for all the times You have protected me when I didn’t know anything about it. I will not live worried or in fear. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2022 06:53 #2732 by DrMike
Overtaken by Blessings

Today's Scripture

And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God. (Deuteronomy 28:2, NKJV)

God has things in your future that are much bigger than you’ve imagined. The odds may be against you, but God is for you. We ask God for things that seem reasonable to us. We ask for our healing, to get out of debt, to meet the right person. That’s good, but God has blessings that you’ve never asked for or even thought of. What He has in store for you is bigger than you can imagine. If He showed you all He has in your future, it would boggle your mind.

When you have a heart to know God, and you’re being your best where you are, you won’t have to go after promotion; promotion will come after you. You won’t have to chase blessings; blessings will chase you. New doors are going to open, the right people will show up, and the problem will turn around. When you keep God first place, you won’t be able to outrun the good things of God—favor, breakthroughs, abundance.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that as I honor You and keep You first place, blessings are headed my way, tracking me down and overtaking me. Thank You that You have blessings that are beyond my imagination. I believe that I cannot outrun the good things You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Feb 2022 06:04 #2733 by DrMike
Unlimited Resources

Today's Scripture

I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. (Psalm 3:4, NIV)

What do you do when the odds are against you and nothing is working right? Sometimes we call on our friends or our spouse, but they can only do so much. When you call on the source, the Creator of the universe, that’s when things happen that you couldn’t make happen. God wants us to depend on Him. We have to recognize that we are limited, that we have restrictions.

By ourselves, we’ll get stuck, but when we ask God to help us, when we turn to our Creator, supernatural things happen. He is unlimited and has unlimited resources. He controls the universe, and the good news is that He wants to help you. He wants to heal you, to free you, to increase you, to take you places that you’ve never dreamed. He’s longing to be good to you. Now it’s time to go to the source. What you couldn’t do in your own strength, God is going to make happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You hear my prayers, and the answers are on the way. Thank You that You have unlimited resources, and everything I need will be released in my life because You are my source. I am looking for Your goodness and believing for Your favor today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Feb 2022 04:41 #2734 by DrMike
What You’ve Never Dreamed

Today's Scripture

Then King David went in and sat before the LORD; and he said: “Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far?” (2 Samuel 7:18, NKJV)

You may have a thousand excuses for why you can’t accomplish your dreams and for why you should settle where you are because you’ve reached your limit. But God is saying to you what He said to Moses, “Is the arm of the Lord too short to deliver?” (Num. 11:23). No, the arm of the Lord will deliver you, provide for you, vindicate you, and promote you. He’s about to take you where you couldn’t go on your own.

In today’s Scripture, as King David considered his life, he was saying, “I’m not the biggest, the strongest, or the most qualified. I was a shepherd and look where You’ve taken me.” He didn’t have to go after it; it came after him. God has some far-and-beyond opportunities that are about to come looking for you. It’s the arm of the Lord reaching down to promote, to elevate, to increase you. As with David, you’re going to look back and say, “God, look what You’ve done. I never dreamed You would take me to this level.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your arm is never too short to deliver me, provide for me, vindicate me, and promote me. Thank You that You have far-and-beyond favors that are on the way. I believe that You are taking me to levels I’ve never dreamed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Feb 2022 04:14 #2735 by DrMike
The Only Approval That Matters

Today's Scripture

Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close. (Psalm 27:10, NLT)

In the Scripture, when the prophet Samuel came to Bethlehem to anoint one of Jesse’s sons to be the next king, David was left out in the shepherds’ fields. He didn’t have his father’s approval. For some reason Jesse saw David as being inferior to his other sons. He didn’t see a king in David. People may leave you out, but God doesn’t leave you out. If David had had to have his family’s approval, he would never have taken the throne.

You may feel as though you’ve never received the approval from the people closest to you. They may not affirm you or your gifts and may leave you out, but just keep being your best. Don’t spend your life trying to get your approval from them. Let it go or you’ll be frustrated. Just receive your approval from your heavenly Father. He loves you just the way He made you. You don’t have to have other people’s approval to be happy. God approves you. He’s the only One who really matters.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see the greatness that is in me, and You love me just the way You made me. When others don’t give me their approval or affirm me, help me to let it go. I believe that Your approval is all that really matters, and I declare that I have it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Feb 2022 02:28 #2736 by DrMike
Is God Listening?

Today's Scripture

Luke 15:21“The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. ”

Friends, perhaps you know the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15. When he returned home after having wasted his father’s inheritance on wild living and partying, he passionately started pouring out his genuine remorse, but his father wasn’t listening. He was calling his staff to kill the fatted calf for a party and declaring, “My son was lost and now he’s found!”

Are you doing what this son did, telling your Father everything you’ve done wrong, how unworthy you are of His love? Can I tell you that God is not listening? You’re wasting your breath. The moment you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you and then He forgot your sins. You’re not worthy because of what you did or didn’t do. You’re worthy only because of what Jesus did for you on the cross. If you keep asking Him to forgive you and keep telling Him you’re unworthy, He tunes all that out. If you want God to listen to you, start speaking the language of faith in today’s prayer.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your mercy is bigger than my mistakes. Thank You that You are not holding my past against me. Thank You that I am forgiven. Thank You that I’m redeemed because of what Jesus did on the cross. I’m coming boldly to Your throne right now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Feb 2022 04:03 #2737 by DrMike
Keep Traveling Steadily

Today's Scripture

Don’t be impatient for the Lord to act! Keep traveling steadily along his pathway and in due season he will honor you with every blessing… Psalm 37:34, TLB

Friends, most of us don’t like times of waiting. We’re interested in the destination, but God is interested in the journey. When we understand that He’s working in us along the way, waiting and patience become a part of the process. When you stay faithful in the waiting times, when you don’t get impatient and complain because it’s taking so long, when you don’t get upset because the door closed, when you’re traveling steadily along God’s pathway and honoring Him, He will give you every blessing. You won’t have to make it happen in your own strength, and you won’t have to manipulate people or try to force the door to open. God will give you the position, give you the spouse, give you the influence. Don’t fight the wait time. You’re not falling behind. God has already lined up the blessings He’s going to give you. He’s already put your name on things bigger and better than you’ve imagined. Now keep traveling steadily, keep trusting Him when you don’t see anything happening

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that there is a purpose for times of waiting, whether I understand it or not. Help me to be patient, to be faithful, and to rest in the fact that it’s all part of Your process. I believe that I am right where You want me, and that You have every blessing already lined up for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Feb 2022 07:03 #2738 by DrMike
Beginnings and Endings

Today's Scripture

“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. Revelation 1:8, NLT

We get excited about new beginnings. We talk a lot about God being the Alpha and doing new things, but we don’t hear much about how He, the Omega, brings things to an end. It could be a relationship, a broken dream, a business that didn’t make it, or a loved one who passes away. This is hard for us because an ending can feel like a setback, and often it feels like a failure. But just as God opens a door, He closes doors and brings things to an end. The reason He closes a door is because He has something better. Instead of being sour and losing your joy, the best thing you can do is to just say goodbye to the hurt, the questions, the disappointment, and the self-pity. Quit beating yourself up; quit bringing failures from yesterday into today. Accept it as part of God’s plan, be at peace with what’s behind you, and move on. When you kiss the past goodbye, it releases you into your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Thank You that just as I can trust You with my successes, so I can trust You with what comes to an end and what doesn’t make sense to me. I believe You are in control and are directing my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

18 Feb 2022 06:23 #2739 by DrMike
Be Amazed

Today's Scripture

As the enemy came down toward him, Elisha prayed to the LORD, “Strike this army with blindness.” So he struck them with blindness, as Elisha had asked. (2 Kings 6:18, NIV)

The king of Aram was so angry with the prophet Elisha that he sent an army to capture him. Elisha was only one man against an army, but he knew how to pray bold prayers. He had seen God open blind eyes, and now he prayed for the reverse. Not only were the soldiers struck blind, but Elisha led them into Samaria where the king of Israel captured them before their eyes were reopened.

When you know that God is with you, you’ll see God do amazing things. He can protect you, guide you, and make things happen that you could never make happen. Don’t go around feeling weak, intimidated, and afraid of what you’re up against. Just as with Elisha, you are so powerful and full of favor that even when the enemy does his best to defeat you, his best will never be enough. You cannot be defeated because you have the favor of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what trouble I face, I can stay in peace knowing that You are with me, and You can turn every situation around and put an end to it. I declare that You are greater than any force that comes against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

21 Feb 2022 05:04 #2740 by DrMike
Connect the Dots

Today's Scripture

We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9, NLT

God doesn’t always take us in a straight line. We make our plans going from A to B to C. But sometimes He’ll take you from A to B, then to R, then back to D, then to S. Sometimes it’s going to look like you’re going backward. You have to trust Him when you don’t understand. You have to know that God makes the final determination about your steps. If He allows a sickness or a loss, it’s because it’s necessary to move you into your purpose. The test is for you to stay in faith, believing that God is still in control, that He’s working behind the scenes, that what He started He will finish.

Some of the challenges you’re facing now don’t even have anything to do with today; they’re positioning you for something in your future. If you stay in faith when things don’t make sense, over time you’re going to see how God connects the dots, how it was all a part of His plan, strategically orchestrated.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when things don’t go according to my plans, I can know that You are working behind the scenes and in charge of my steps. Thank You that You love me too much to leave me on my own. I believe that You are strategically orchestrating and connecting the dots of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds