Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Feb 2022 05:07 #2741 by DrMike
He Walks Through Doors

Today's Scripture

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you! John 20:19, NIV

In John 20, Jesus had just risen from the dead. One evening the disciples were huddled together in a room behind locked doors for fear of being arrested. They did everything they could to keep people out, but Jesus suddenly walked through the door. He didn’t unlock it, open it, or try to beat it down. He just came through it. God was showing us that closed doors can’t keep us from what He has for us.

A loved one may have shut the door in your relationship. How you were raised may have closed the door, seemingly putting you at a disadvantage. Forces of darkness may have locked the door, trying to keep you addicted. It’s been that way a long time. The door is locked with a deadbolt. The good news is that God comes through doors. He’s not limited by what’s limiting us. We’re natural; He’s supernatural. Closed doors can’t stop you. God is going to walk right through it. He’s not going to let you miss your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see every detail of my life, and You know when I’m fearful and hiding behind closed doors. Thank You that any of the closed rooms in my life are still wide open to You. I invite You to come into all the rooms of my life and be Lord. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2022 07:43 #2742 by DrMike
It’s a Faith Walk

Today's Scripture

For we walk by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7, NKJV)

In the Scripture, the life of a believer is compared to an eagle. It’s interesting that day after day, parent eagles sit on their eggs to keep them warm, unmoved by what’s not changing. They never feel the baby eaglets kick, and the eggs never grow any bigger. There’s no sign of life. But on day thirty-five, suddenly the eaglet starts pecking on the shell and is hatched.

While you’re waiting for a promise from God to happen, some things have to develop in the dark, in secret. God is bringing it all together in secret. You have to believe when there’s no sign on the outside that what’s inside is really alive. That promise God gave you, that egg so to speak, is not going to move or grow. You may not see any sign of life until suddenly the egg cracks open. God is saying, “Go sit on it. It’s still alive. Don’t let the circumstances fool you. Walk by faith and not by sight. Day thirty-five is coming!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have called me to walk by faith and not by sight. Thank You that Your power is working in the unseen realm to bring about Your promises in my life. I will live with a sense of expectancy that You are about to do great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

24 Feb 2022 08:50 #2743 by DrMike
In the Desert

Today's Scripture

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. (Matthew 4:1, NLT)

In Matthew 3, when Jesus came up out of the water after His baptism, God spoke from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son.” It was a glorious moment, signaling the beginning of His ministry. You would think Jesus would immediately start teaching and healing, but instead He was led by the Spirit into the desert. If you had seen Jesus there, you could have thought it didn’t make sense. Why the silence? Why alone in the desert?

There will be times when God takes you into a silent season, into things that you don’t understand—a door closes, a person walks away, a contract is lost. You could be down on yourself thinking, “What did I do wrong, God? I was honoring You.” How do you know that isn’t the Spirit leading you there? Quit being discouraged over what didn’t work out. Stay in faith. You’re in a time of testing. There’s something bigger that God has in your future. He’s leading you to the fullness of what He has in store.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands, and Your Spirit leads me. Thank You for the silent seasons, for the times of testing when I don’t always understand where You’re taking me. I trust You to take me through the desert into something bigger for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

25 Feb 2022 05:44 #2744 by DrMike
Patient Endurance

Today's Scripture

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Hebrews 10:36, NLT

We know we need to have faith and believe right, but today’s Scripture says we have need of patient endurance if we’re going to see God’s promises come to pass. Maybe you’ve been praying, believing, and being your best, but you don’t see anything changing. Most of us think of waiting as a negative, and we don’t like it. We’re tempted to be impatient and live stressed out. Have a new perspective. You’re not missing out, and you’re not falling behind, but you’re right where God wants you. The promise is right on schedule. It’s all a part of God’s process. The key is to wait with a good attitude. Don’t be complaining, “Why is this taking so long?” No, turn it around and say, “Father, thank You that what You started, You’re going to finish. Thank You that what You promised is on the way.” If you wait with the right attitude, then after patience has done its work, you’re going to see the promise come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have established set times to bring Your promises to pass in my life. Help me to be patient, to accept Your timing, and rest in the fact that it’s all part of Your process. I believe that I am right where You want me and the promise is right on schedule. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

28 Feb 2022 04:46 #2745 by DrMike
From No to Yes

Today's Scripture

“Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life.’” Isaiah 38:5, NIV

When King Hezekiah was sick to the point of death, the prophet Isaiah, who spoke for God, said to him, “Put your house in order, for you will surely die.” He didn’t say he might die or that it didn’t look good. So what do you do when God says no? Rather than give up, Hezekiah started weeping and praying and asking God for mercy. God told Isaiah to go back and tell Hezekiah, “I’ve heard your prayer and seen your tears, and I will add fifteen years to your life.”

Even when you feel as though God has said no, if you dare do as Hezekiah and ask God for a yes, God can reverse a no. Every circumstance may say, “Forget it. God said no. Just live with it.” Hezekiah’s attitude was, “God, I’m asking in Your great mercy to change Your mind and give me a yes.” Are you bold enough to ask for a yes, even though all you keep getting is a no?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are in control of the universe, and You close doors and open doors. Thank You that what seems to be no in the past can change to yes. I’m going to keep asking, keep praying, keep believing, keep dreaming, and keep hoping. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

01 Mar 2022 05:07 #2746 by DrMike
Faithful in the Small

Today's Scripture

"If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities." Luke 16:10, NLT

In 1 Samuel 17, when David was in the shepherds’ fields, his father told him to take a provision of food to his brothers who were serving on the battlefield. David could have said, “Samuel anointed me to be the next king, and now you want me to be an errand boy to brothers who disrespect me? I don’t think so.” If David had been too proud to serve others, to do what seemed insignificant, he wouldn’t have heard Goliath’s taunt, slain the giant, and made it to the throne. It was a test he had to pass. Had he not been faithful to do the small, he would have missed his destiny.

If you’ll be faithful in the small that God is asking you to do, He will trust you with more. Once you do the insignificant thing, the thing where you might have to humble yourself and serve somebody who doesn’t treat you right, then the door will open to the big thing. Pass those tests. It’s getting you prepared.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus humbled Himself, came to earth, and became a servant that He might redeem us. Help me to humble myself and serve others as He did. Thank You for Your promise that if I am faithful in the small things, You will trust me with more. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

02 Mar 2022 07:08 #2747 by DrMike
Childlike Faith

Today's Scripture

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3, NIV)

The Scripture talks about how we need to have childlike faith. Children don’t try to figure everything out. When you tell your child that you’re going to buy them something or take them someplace, they don’t worry about any of the details. They don’t wonder if you have the finances to afford it. They don’t lose sleep over whether it’s going to happen or how it’s going to happen. To them, it’s just a matter of time to when you come through on it. Why? Because they trust you to take care of it. Even though we’re human and could break our promises, they have this incredible trust in us, believing that we wouldn’t promise it if we could not make it happen.

What would happen if we had that same kind of trust in our heavenly Father, knowing that He cannot fail in what He has promised us, that He cannot go back on His Word?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the promises You’ve given to me in Your Word. Thank You that I don’t have to worry about if or how You’re going to make them happen or stress out when I don’t see things changing. I believe You are true to Your Word and in Your perfect timing they will come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

03 Mar 2022 07:02 #2748 by DrMike
Opposition Will Backfire

Today's Scripture

I hereby decree what you are to do for these elders of the Jews in the construction of this house of God: Their expenses are to be fully paid out of the royal treasury…so that the work will not stop. (Ezra 6:8, NIV)

In the Scripture, a man named Zerubbabel was in charge of rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem that had been destroyed years earlier. Everything was going fine until they laid the foundation, then the opposition came to the point where the king of Persia shut down the work. For several years, it looked as though the enemy had won. But when the king learned of the original decree to rebuild the temple, he not only approved the restart but he ordered funds from the royal treasury to pay the full construction costs. What the enemy meant for harm, God turned for good.

You may have people and circumstances coming against you, but God knows how to cause it to backfire. Right now, favor is keeping your enemies from defeating you. As with Zerubbabel, you’re going to see what God does behind the scenes. People who were against you are suddenly going to be for you; problems are about to turn around. Unexpected blessings are coming your way: increase, promotion, breakthroughs, and vindication.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have put Your favor upon me, and it surrounds me as with a shield at all times. Thank You that what the enemy brings against me will backfire. I believe that problems will turn around and unexpected blessings are coming my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

04 Mar 2022 05:17 #2749 by DrMike
Come Up Higher

Today's Scripture

Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth. (Numbers 12:3, NIV)

As a young man, Moses had the dream that he was supposed to deliver God’s people from their slavery in Egypt, but he made a mistake that put him into a night season. After he spent forty years in a desert place, God said, “All right, Moses, now you’re ready for Me to use you to deliver My people.” Moses had learned to wait on God, to listen to His voice, to walk in humility. He came up higher in his character.

You have to be prepared for where God is taking you. Moses couldn’t handle it the first time, but God didn’t write him off. He used the night season to refine him. In the night seasons, you need to pass the tests, change where you need to change, and deal with the areas that God is bringing to light. Then, as He did for Moses, because your character has been developed, God will bring you out of that night season and get you to where you’re supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me so much that at times You take me into a desert place to refine my character and bring me up higher. Thank You that You love me so much that You’re getting me prepared to go where I’ve never gone. I will be faithful in the night seasons. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

07 Mar 2022 02:55 #2750 by DrMike
In the Potter’s Hands

Today's Scripture

"What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, ‘Stop, you’re doing it wrong!’" (Isaiah 45:9, NLT)

The Scripture says that God is the potter and we are the clay. The potter takes a lump of clay and spins it on his wheel. The clay could say, “I’m tired of going in circles. Let me off this wheel.” The clay doesn’t realize that while it’s spinning, the potter is molding it. It’s rising up from a lump of clay into a beautiful vase. After it has gone through the process, it would tell you, “I didn’t like the spinning, but without it I wouldn’t be what I am.”

You may feel like you’re spinning today. You’re doing the same thing over and over and don’t see much progress. But when it feels like you’re going in circles, something is happening that you can’t see. You’re coming up higher. God is molding your character. It may seem routine, but when you’re faithful where you are, when you have a song of praise when you could be complaining, you’re rising higher. Trust Him when you’re spinning. Trust Him when you’re in the routine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands, and You are shaping my life like a potter—not just my dreams and goals, but my character. Thank You that You are working in the routine to mold my life into Your image. I trust You whether I’m seeing progress or not. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds