Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

27 Apr 2022 06:27 #2781 by DrMike
Shame Is Broken

Today's Scripture

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 2 Corinthians 10:4, NIV

Perhaps you know God has forgiven you from past mistakes and failures, but you still have a sense of unworthiness as though you don’t deserve it. That shame has held you back long enough. Today the strongholds have been broken. Burdens have been lifted. God is saying, “Shame off you!” Now you have to get in agreement with Him. Quit listening to the accusing voices. Quit believing the lies that you have to settle for second best. God’s mercy was there for you before you made the mistake. It’s time for you to shake off the shame, to shake off the guilt. This is a new day.

Don’t let negative events—a failure, an addiction, a divorce, a bankruptcy—become your identity. That’s what you did; that’s not who you are. That’s what happened to you; that is not your identity. Remind yourself, “I am who God says I am. I am approved, I am accepted, I am valuable, and I am a masterpiece.” You are a child of the Most High God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have forgiven me, which has the divine power to break any stronghold of shame that is holding me back from rising to the next level of my destiny. I believe and declare that I am Your child, the chains are being broken even now, and the shame has to go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2022 04:14 #2782 by DrMike
Put Your Feet Up

Today's Scripture

For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6, NLT

In Psalm 110:1, God said that He would make the enemies of Christ His footstool. It’s a picture of the rest of faith we can have, because we are joined to Christ and seated with him in the heavenly places. God used “footstools” to remind us to stay at rest. When we face difficulties, things we don’t see coming, things we don’t understand, the first thing we should do is put our feet up. We need to come back to that place of peace. You have to do it by faith. Every thought will tell you why you’ll never get well, how your family will never be restored, and why your dream will never come to pass. That’s the enemy trying to deceive you into standing up. He knows that when you’re seated in peace and trusting God, all the forces of darkness cannot stop you. What may have been meant for your harm becomes your footstool. Instead of being a stumbling block, it’s going to be a stepping stone to take you to the next level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am united with Jesus and seated with Him today. Thank You that Jesus has defeated every enemy and made them a footstool that I can rest my feet upon. I declare that I am going to stay seated in Your grace and live from this place of peace and rest. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

02 May 2022 06:43 #2783 by DrMike
By Invitation Only

Today's Scripture

“When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2, NLT

When you face adversity, is your typical prayer, “God, get me out of this”? There’s nothing wrong with that prayer, but before you get out, you have to invite God in. Sometimes the miracle is in what God wants to do in the situation. Why don’t you start praying, “God, come into this hospital room, come into this troubled relationship, come into this anxiety”? More powerful than God bringing you out is when He comes in and gives you favor despite who’s trying to push you down. He comes in and gives you strength you can’t explain. He comes in and gives you the grace to outlast the challenge.

In today’s Scripture, God says that although adversities are going to come, He will be with you in them. Are you trying to get out of the fire God is going to take you through? Are you fighting the fire, wondering why it happened? Everything will change if you start inviting God in. He promised He’ll be with you; maybe He’s just waiting for your invitation.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me through life’s fires. I know that You’re here with me now, and I invite You into every challenging situation in my life. Help me to grow through it, to increase my faith, to let my character come up higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 May 2022 07:31 #2784 by DrMike
Be a Hosea

Today's Scripture

Then the LORD said to me, “Go and love your wife again, even though she commits adultery with another lover. This will illustrate that the LORD still loves Israel, even though the people have turned to other gods and love to worship them.” Hosea 3:1, NL

The wife of the prophet Hosea had abandoned him and their children and had been living with many men. Finally, her circumstances got so bad that she was about to be sold as a slave. Despite all the pain and humiliation she’d caused, after all the rejection and unfaithfulness, Hosea still had an undying love for her when God spoke today’s Scripture to him. He went and found her beaten down, dirty, and clothes torn, and bought her back.

We’ve all been unfaithful and gone our own way, but God who is rich in mercy didn’t turn His back on us. He came down to the messy places, to where we failed, and bought us back with the price of His own Son’s life. Since God rescued you, will you be a Hosea and rescue somebody else? There are hurting people in messy places all around you, broken people who think no one cares. They’re not in your path by accident. You can help love them back into wholeness with mercy and grace.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being rich in mercy and never giving up on me when I’ve gone my own way and failed. I want to love the people You have placed in my life as You do. Help me to be like Hosea, full of grace and mercy to help lift the fallen and restore them to wholeness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

04 May 2022 06:37 #2785 by DrMike
Still Under Construction

Today's Scripture

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10, NKJV

Jesus chose Peter to be one of His disciples even though he knew he was hot tempered, impatient, and would fail many times. He didn’t choose him because he was perfect; He chose him because He had the blueprint for Peter’s life. The messes didn’t disqualify Peter; the messes simply meant he was still under construction. He knew that Peter would become one of the most respected, influential leaders.

We all have some messy areas we need to improve in. The point is to let God make you and mold you. Stay pliable. We should be better this year than we were last year. We should be making progress. Don’t let the mess become normal. The hot temper, the addiction, the negative attitude—that’s not who you are. Keep growing, keep resisting that temptation, keep saying no to those carnal desires. Every time you do the right thing, it makes it a little easier the next time. There’s nothing wrong with being under construction; there is something wrong with not making any progress.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is Your workmanship and that I am under construction according to Your blueprint. Thank You that You’re working in my life, and You will bring me to completion. I am looking beyond the messy areas to see the masterpiece in the making. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 May 2022 06:49 #2786 by DrMike
Chains Broken

Today's Scripture

O LORD, I am your servant; yes, I am your servant, born into your household; you have freed me from my chains. Psalm 116:16, NLT

Imagine what you could become without the chains that are limiting you. What could you accomplish without that chain of fear and insecurity? What kind of relationship could you have without that chain of guilt, shame, and feeling wrong about yourself? How high could you go without that chain of negative words that were spoken over you, telling you how you don’t measure up and can never be successful? It’s time to be freed from those chains. Your destiny is too great, your assignment too important to go around bound.

Quit telling yourself you’re stuck, you’ll always struggle, you’ll always be lonely, you’ll always fight depression. The chain breaker, the Most High God, is working in your life right now. When you least expect it, things are going to shift in your favor. You are not going to be a slave to debt, fear, or an addiction. He is releasing you into increase, into favor, and into new levels. Ask Him to set you free, and start living from a freedom mind-set.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, my chain breaker, who is releasing me into increase, into favor, and into new levels. Thank You that what has limited me in the past is not going to hinder me anymore. I believe my chains have been broken. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 May 2022 06:24 #2787 by DrMike
Come Out of Your Shell

Today's Scripture

A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men. Proverbs 18:16, NKJV

God has entrusted us with gifts and talents, but too often we let fear hold us back. We’re hiding our gifts, hiding our talents, hiding our personality. We’re afraid to come out of our shell, afraid we may not be accepted. It’s time to quit hiding. If God has given you the gift to sing, start singing. If you can write, start writing. If you can lead, start leading. If you can build, start building. If you can teach, start teaching. That gift doesn’t do you or anyone else any good if you keep it to yourself. It has to be released.

Your gift may seem small, but when you develop it, big doors will open. You don’t have to have a great gift for God to use you in a great way. Today’s Scripture doesn’t say you have to have a big gift, an important gift, an impressive gift. Whatever you have, if you develop it and keep getting better, it will open doors of opportunity, doors of promotion, and doors of influence.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and talents You have given to me as well as my personality. Thank You that You created me to release my gift and make a difference in the world. I declare that I refuse to let fear keep me in hiding. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 May 2022 03:48 #2788 by DrMike
Faith Is Now

Today's Scripture

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. Hebrews 11:1, TLB

There are times when we’re waiting on God to do something, but God is waiting on us. Think of all the people in the Scripture who didn’t wait for Jesus to come to them, but sought Him out passionately for their needs, even pushing through crowds to touch the hem of His garment for healing. God has a perfect time for each of us, but today’s Scripture says, “Faith is...” Faith is always in the now. It may not bring the change overnight, for we all have waiting periods. But our faith should stay active. This should be our normal way of life: “Lord, thank You that the secret petition of my heart is on the way. I’m looking for Your goodness and favor today, not next week, not next month, not next year.” Stay in the now. Your faith is going to turn things around. Your faith is going to open the right doors. Your faith is going to bring unexpected favor. Live with the anticipation that it could happen today.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in this present moment I walk by faith and not by sight. Thank You that Your power can turn impossible situations around, open the right door, and bring an abundance of unexpected favor. I am living with a sense of anticipation that You will do great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 May 2022 07:56 #2789 by DrMike
It’s Your Love

Today's Scripture

“By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:35, NKJV

It’s easy to write off someone because they don’t believe as we do, they’re making poor decisions, or they’re against what we stand for. Too often we try to make them believe, but some things don’t happen overnight. Their heart may not be open yet, but at the right time God will soften their heart. Will you keep sowing seeds of love in that friend who shows no sign of changing? Will you keep loving that family member who says they don’t believe. Will you keep praying for that coworker who ridicules believers?

Jesus said your love for one another will prove you are His follower. It’s not by your doctrine, not by how many Scriptures you can quote, not by how right you are, but by how much you love them. You don’t judge them. You don’t look down because they don’t believe as you do. You just keep loving and being good to them. They’re in your life because God is counting on you to help them change.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your unconditional love for me when I’ve been at my worst and farthest from You. Thank You for the people You’ve brought into my life that I might love and encourage in their journey to faith. Help me to be a reflection of Your love and to always be there for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 May 2022 06:31 #2790 by DrMike
Morning Is Coming

Today's Scripture

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5, NKJV

You may have shed some tears of sadness over what hasn’t worked out, over dreams that haven’t come to pass, over disappointments, over the loss of a loved one. The Scripture says that God is going to turn your mourning into dancing and those tears of sorrow into tears of joy. It may not have happened yet, but it’s not over. What God promised you doesn’t have an expiration date. It’s still on the way. Your morning is coming. Your baby is coming, your healing is coming, your restoration is coming, your breakthrough is coming. When it happens, it’s going to be more rewarding, more fulfilling than you ever imagined.

Too often we disqualify ourselves. We think it would have happened if we had more faith, or hadn’t made so many mistakes, or were just good enough to deserve it. But God is full of mercy and doesn’t bless us based on our performance. What He promised is still going to come to pass. What He started, He’s going to finish. Joy is on the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in times of sadness, when I don’t see the way out or a loss seems too great, I can know that it’s only for a night. Thank You that the morning is coming, and the tears of sorrow will be turned to joy. I believe the dancing You promised is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.832 seconds