Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

27 Jun 2022 04:10 #2821 by DrMike
Sustaining Faith

Today's Scripture

“The LORD gives his own reward for doing good and for being loyal, and I refused to kill you even when the LORD placed you in my power, for you are the LORD’s anointed one.” 1 Samuel 26:23, NLT

David had been anointed to be the next king of Israel, had defeated Goliath, and served King Saul faithfully. But Saul tried to kill him, and David spent months in the desert, escaping Saul’s pursuit and living in caves. Yet when an opportunity came for David to kill Saul, he refused to touch God’s anointed, but rather let God be his vindicator. For some victories, we have to be good to people who are not being good to us, and we have to stay in faith when it’s unfair and doesn’t look like it’s ever going to work out.

There are two kinds of faith—delivering faith and sustaining faith. We love delivering faith—that’s when God instantly turns it around, and we defeat our problem. God suddenly shows out in our life. But most of the time we’re going to need sustaining faith. That’s when God takes us through the challenge, through the difficulty. He could change it in an instant, but if He did that, our faith would never grow and develop.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can trust You to take me through difficulties and unfair situations. Thank You that You are my vindicator and that You sustain my faith. I believe and declare that You are growing and developing my faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2022 17:17 #2822 by DrMike
Keep Believing for Your Loved Ones

Today's Scripture

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6, NKJV

You may have a child who’s off course. The good news is that you trained them up to know the Lord. That faith was deposited in their spirit. The promise is that in the end, they will not depart from it. It doesn’t say anything about the middle. They may take some wrong turns. It may not look like they’re never going to get back on track. Don’t get discouraged. God knows how to get their attention. You keep praying, keep encouraging, keep believing that something is happening. Your declaration should be, “They’re coming back. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

I’ve learned that everyone is on a journey. Where they are now is not where they’re going to be in ten years. Give them room to change. You can’t make them do what’s right. Don’t always try to correct them, give them a lesson, or threaten them. Sometimes you just have to love them. The Scripture says, “Love never fails.” You can love them back on track.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of restoring a child who goes off course. Thank You that the seed of faith that was planted in their heart never dies and will blossom at some point. I declare that they are coming back and that together we will serve You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

29 Jun 2022 06:42 #2823 by DrMike
Get Plugged In

Today's Scripture

When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. Psalm 73:16–17, NIV

The writer of Psalm 73 was struggling to understand why God was allowing the people who were coming against him to prosper. He was discouraged. Yet he tells how in the sanctuary, he got a new perspective. He heard people thanking God and telling of His goodness. When he got around people of faith, people who knew that God was in control, that spirit of defeat and depression couldn’t stay. A few verses later, he was making bold declarations of faith.

There are some breakthroughs that are only going to happen when you are in the house of the Lord. Your faith alone may not be enough. That’s why God has ordained you to be in a community of faith, and why you need to get plugged into a good Bible-based church. Together, we’re better. Together, we’re stronger. There’s power when your faith is connected to other believers’ faith. Before long, instead of a small faith, you have mountain-moving faith. You’re going to bloom, blossom, and flourish in the house of the Lord.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power and breakthroughs in understanding that are released when I’m connected to others. Thank You that You ordained me to be in a community of faith so that my faith can be joined to others’ faith. Help me to get plugged in and see faith grow to the moving of mountains. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Jun 2022 10:14 #2824 by DrMike
Storms

Today's Scripture

His wife said, “Still holding on to your precious integrity, are you? Curse God and be done with it!” Job 2:9, MSG

When Job and his wife went through a series of very painful losses, and then Job suffered a crushing illness, instead of encouraging Job, she said, “Job, you’ve always done the right thing, and see what you get. Just curse God and give up.” Fortunately, even though he didn’t understand why it had happened, Job knew better than to make judgments based on one season of his life. He declared that God’s favor had been on his life, and that this storm was not permanent. By faith, Job weathered the great storm and eventually came out of it with double and lived a long, blessed life.

Every person has unfair, painful seasons. But you have to remind yourself that it’s just a season. It’s not the rest of your life. Don’t make a judgment based on a betrayal or a setback that’s temporary. Don’t give up on your dreams, lose your passion, or live bitter. The storm may be difficult, but what God is about to do is going to supersede anything you’ve ever seen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the unfair, painful seasons, when I don’t understand why something is going wrong, are only for a season of my life. Thank You that the storms are temporary. I believe that Your favor will shine again, and You will supersede anything I’ve seen You do before. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jul 2022 06:44 #2825 by DrMike
No More Excuses

Today's Scripture

As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” Acts 24:25, NIV

In Acts 24, the apostle Paul had an opportunity to share his faith with the Roman governor of Judea, a man named Felix and his wife. Felix was a ruthless, immoral governor, and today’s Scripture describes his reaction. He knew he needed to change. This was a window of grace. God was speaking to his heart. But Felix put off dealing with the conviction, and we don’t know if that convenient time ever came. Two years later, he was out of office and gone.

Are you waiting for a more convenient time, putting off dealing with a conviction or a change of attitude, delaying to take a step of faith, ignoring God’s still, small voice? You don’t know how long the window is going to be open. Don’t keep making excuses. When you have the faith for it, that’s the time to act. Today, when you hear His voice, step into the grace. Take advantage of the opportunity God is offering you to come up higher, to see His favor in greater ways.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the ways You speak to my heart and open windows of grace for me to make changes in my life that need to be made. Help me to stop delaying to take the steps of faith that will take me higher. I will not put off dealing with these heart issues for a more convenient time. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Jul 2022 07:54 #2826 by DrMike
Celebrate Freedom

Today's Scripture

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1, NIV

Today we celebrate the day our Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, declaring our freedom as a nation even though the battle for freedom went on until 1783. What’s interesting is that the Founders declared their freedom first and celebrated their decision to fight, and then they stood their ground until they had the victory to live as free men and women.

In the same way, we have to be determined to stand against the opposing forces in our lives. There may be some freedoms that you’re fighting for today—freedom from an addiction, an anxiety, a lack, a fear. No matter what battle you are facing, let this be the day you declare you are free and celebrate your freedom, because victory is on the way. You may have to stand and press through for a little while, but know that freedom is yours the day you declare it. Let freedom ring loudly in your life, for he whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that it was for freedom that Christ set me free, and whom the Son sets free is free indeed. Thank You that I can take my stand on Christ’s finished work on the cross and press through on the freedoms I am battling for. I declare the victory through Christ Jesus. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Jul 2022 05:49 #2827 by DrMike
A Life of Praise

Today's Scripture

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1, NKJV

Praise is not just words; it’s an attitude. Our life should be a praise to God. We should be grateful, have a smile, be good to people, and be passionate about our dreams. When you’ve learned the secret to bless the Lord at all times, you can be in a pit but nobody around you knows it. You’re not sour. You don’t have a chip on your shoulder.

Anyone can give God praise when things are going your way. But the test is, will you praise Him in the wilderness? Will you worship Him in spite of what’s not working, praise Him in spite of who did you wrong? The way you bless the Lord at all times is by your praise, by always finding something to be grateful for, by not dwelling on wrongs but thanking God for what’s right. It’s by not focusing on what you lost but thanking God for what you have left, and by not complaining about what’s behind you but by being grateful for what’s in front of you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are worthy of my worship and praise. Thank You that whether I’m on the mountaintop or in the valley, my whole life can be a praise to You. Help me to learn the secret of blessing You at all times, and may Your praise be continually in my mouth. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Jul 2022 06:48 #2828 by DrMike
Spring Up

Today's Scripture

So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6, NKJV

In Numbers 21, the Israelites were desperate for water in the barren wilderness when they came upon an old dry well. Here the people sang, “Spring up, O well!” even though they couldn’t see, taste, feel, or smell water. There was no reason, logically speaking, to believe water would flow out of the well. That’s why the Scripture tells us to walk by faith and not by sight. If they had gone by what they saw rather than had faith in the might and power of God, they would have missed this abundance.

In difficult times, you’re either going to be singing about the problem or singing about how big your God is. He is not limited by the laws of nature. He’s limited by what we believe. You have to make declarations of faith when you’re in the drought and break forth into song. Start singing to the promise, “Spring up healing, spring up freedom, spring up abundance, spring up victory,” and God will show out in your life in ways you’ve never seen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are here with me, and that You are with me in all the circumstances of my life. Teach me what it means to sing to the promises and make declarations of faith. I give You thanks for how great You are and declare that the answers are springing up even now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jul 2022 06:40 #2829 by DrMike
Throw Your Net Out

Today's Scripture

For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken… Luke 5:9, NIV

After Peter and his companions had fished all night and caught nothing, he obeyed Jesus’ instructions to try again and caught so many fish that his nets began to break. Peter was a professional fisherman and had never caught so many fish that his nets began to break, and he had to call on another boat of companions to help him. He was astonished by it, awestruck by what followed his obedience to Jesus’ word.

You may have been working hard, doing the right thing, but you feel like you’ve caught nothing. There weren’t any fish out there the last time, but God controls the fish. He is saying, “Throw that net out one more time.” Start believing again, start dreaming again, start taking steps of faith. God is going to do things in your life that astonish you. It’s not going to be a normal catch, an average contract, an ordinary promotion. It’s going to be a net-breaking blessing—something unprecedented, favor so heavy that it starts to sink the boat.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the God who spoke worlds into existence, and You know how to bring net-breaking blessings to my net. Help me to start taking steps of faith that open the door to Your favor. I’m going to keep believing Your Word and casting my net. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jul 2022 06:36 #2830 by DrMike
Are You Sure?

Today's Scripture

So David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?” 2 Samuel 5:19, NKJV

When the Philistines heard that David had just been made king over all Israel, notice his humility in today’s Scripture. David was a great warrior who had won many battles, yet he didn’t proudly declare, “This is a no brainer. I’ve got this.” He got quiet and said, “God, what should I do?” He was saying, “God, I don’t want to go if You’re not going with me.” He showed his dependence on God. He recognized where his strength, his favor, and his ability came from.

Sometimes when we face a challenge, we assume God is on our side and there’s no question about whether we go to battle. But a wiser approach is, “God, what do You want me to do with this opposition. Shall I attack, or shall I be still and let You fight for me. If I go in, will You give me the victory?” We’ve all fought battles where we didn’t come out like we thought. Maybe it was because we didn’t inquire of the Lord.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You haven’t left me to work out my destiny on my own. Thank You that when I face an obstacle or challenge that I can come to You for wisdom and guidance in my decisions. Help me to stay humble and not assume that You are going with me into a battle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds