Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Jul 2022 07:03 #2831 by DrMike
End the Debate

Today's Scripture

Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 1 John 3:2, NLT

The Israelites had been in slavery in Egypt for four hundred years. God sent plagues on Pharaoh until he finally let them go. When the Israelites headed toward the Promised Land, they were excited that their dream of freedom had come true—until Pharaoh came chasing after them with his chariots. Pharaoh was saying, in effect, “You’re my slaves. I’m taking you back.” God was saying, “You’re my children. I’ve redeemed you. I’m taking you into freedom.” I can imagine that this debate was playing back and forth in the minds of the Israelites: “Are you a son? Are you a slave?”

That same debate is taking place about you. One voice is saying, “You’re a slave. You’ll never get well. You’ll always struggle in your finances.” You need to rise up and say, “I’m no longer a slave, I’m a son. I’m not a slave to my past, to the people who hurt me, to addiction, to lack, or to depression. I’m a child of the Most High God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have made me Your child and that I am no longer a slave to anything. Thank You that You redeemed me, and You’re taking me forward into full freedom. I declare an end to any debate about this: I am a child of the Most High God . In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2022 06:05 #2832 by DrMike
Before You Even Ask

Today's Scripture

“I will answer them before they even call to me.” Isaiah 65:24, NLT

In Genesis 37, the brothers of Joseph hated him so much that they threw him into a deep pit and were going to leave him there to die. But just then they saw a caravan of Ishmaelite merchants coming their way, and they decided to sell Joseph to them. What’s interesting is that trade caravan had been traveling for months on their way to sell their goods in Egypt. Long before Joseph was thrown into the pit, the answer was already on the way. Long before Joseph had the problem, God had the answer already set up.

God knows what you’re going to need, when you’re going to need it, and how to get it to you. The problem you’re worried about, God has the answer already en route. The vindication, the healing, or the breakthrough is already set up. When you’re tempted to worry, remember that everything you need to fulfill your destiny is right on schedule. It may not have happened yet, but what God has ordained is on the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that before I even ask You for my needs and desires, You’ve already lined them up and have them headed my way. Thank You for the people, the favor, and the promotion You’ve ordained to come across my path. I believe that even now, answers to my prayers are on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

25 Jul 2022 06:45 #2833 by DrMike
Astounding

Today's Scripture

All the people saw him walking and heard him praising God. When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful Gate, they were absolutely astounded! Acts 3:9–10, NLT

In Acts 3, Peter spoke a word of faith to a crippled beggar, and he was instantly healed. When that man woke up that morning, his expectancy was to receive a few coins for his survival. He didn’t realize he was just one touch of God’s favor away from having his whole life changed. When people realized what had happened, they were absolutely astonished, and many of them came to faith in Christ as a result.

God has some things in your future that is going to leave you amazed and the people around you astounded. You weren’t created to live in dysfunction, with addictions, and to be constantly struggling. That may be how it’s been in the past, but that’s not in your future. God is about to do a new thing. He’s going to break bondages that have held you back. He’s going to increase you to where you have more than enough. That sickness is not permanent. Healing is coming. Wholeness is on the way. Victory is in your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me every reason to live with the expectancy of a fresh touch of Your favor. Thank You that what I struggle with today could be gone tomorrow. I believe that You are going to astound me and the people around me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Jul 2022 13:12 #2834 by DrMike
What Comes After “Except”

Today's Scripture

Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.” 2 Kings 4:2, NIV

In 2 Kings 4, things were so bad for the poor widow that the creditors were coming to take her two sons as payment for her bills. When she said she had nothing at all in her house, she didn’t realize she already had what she needed for the miracle. The principle is: Your talents and resources may seem like not enough, but when you use what you have, God will multiply it.

Notice that she said she had nothing “except” a small jar of oil. God is going to use what comes after the “except.” “I have nothing except this small talent and a little training. I have nothing except a few connections.” God is going to take what you think is insignificant and turn it into something extraordinary. When you come to the end of what you can do, when you don’t have the resources and run out of options, you’re in the perfect position for God to show out in your life. God’s about to do something unusual, something you couldn’t make happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts, talents and resources that You have already given me. Thank You that You can take what seems like not enough and make it flow into abundance. I believe that You are going to multiply what I have and show out in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Jul 2022 06:26 #2835 by DrMike
It’s Just a Roar

Today's Scripture

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8, NIV

Sometimes when we pray, and it doesn’t seem like anything is happening, the enemy makes a lot of noise, talks a lot of trash, but it’s just a roar. It’s like the enemy is mocking us and saying, “You’re not free from this addiction, you’ll never get well, your kids will never get back on track.” Just stay in faith, keep praying, keep believing. I’ve heard it said the enemy makes the most noise and stirs up the most trouble when he’s on the way out.

The Scripture says, “Hold fast the confession of your faith.” You have to hold fast to what God put in your heart. There are forces constantly trying to convince us that what God said is never going to happen. “It’s been too long. There’s no sign of it. Just accept that it’s not going to work out.” Don’t believe those lies. In the unseen realm things have already changed. The miracle is already in motion. It’s just a matter of time before the manifestation shows up.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the enemy is trying to pull away what You have put in my heart, I can hold fast to my confession. Thank You that from the moment I pray, the miracle is set in motion. I believe that it’s just a matter of time before I see it manifested. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Jul 2022 07:00 #2836 by DrMike
Be Bold

Today's Scripture

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16, NLT

When you need God’s mercy, go boldly to His throne. Don’t go weakly, telling Him how you don’t measure up. Go with confidence, knowing you’re forgiven, knowing He’s for you. Yes, you may have blown it, but He doesn’t listen when you keep telling Him everything you’ve done wrong. The moment you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you. God listens to the language of faith.

The enemy would love for you to live feeling condemned. He’ll remind you of all the times you haven’t measured up, even for small things. There’s always some reason to feel bad about what you’ve done. If you give in to those lies, you’ll go through life trying to pay God back for your mistakes. God’s mercy has covered everything you’ve done wrong. All your sins—past, present, and future—have been taken care of by Jesus on the cross. Rest in the fact that the spotless, sinless blood of the Lamb of God has paid the price in full. Receive God’s mercy.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come boldly before You, knowing that I am forgiven and that You are for me. Thank You that the spotless, sinless blood of Jesus has paid the price in full for all my sins. I receive Your mercy and rest in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Jul 2022 08:03 #2837 by DrMike
Blessed in the Breaking

Today's Scripture

Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who distributed it to the people. Matthew 14:19, NLT

When Jesus was about to feed a multitude of thousands of people, “He broke the loaves,” and the bread was multiplied. Notice the blessing was in the breaking. The more He broke it, the more it multiplied and fed a tremendous multitude, with basketfuls of leftovers.

There are times in life when we feel broken. We have broken dreams, a broken heart. When you feel broken, don’t get bitter and give up on your dreams. That brokenness is not the end; it’s a sign that God is about to multiply. The more broken you are, the more God is going to increase you. The bigger the disappointment, the bigger the blessing. The more they hurt you, the more He’s going to reward you. That brokenness may have been meant to stop you, but if you stay in faith, God is going to use it to bless you. The hurt you feel is real, but the truth is that it is only temporary and is setting you up for God to increase you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are able to take the broken pieces of my life and transform them into blessings. Thank You that I can bring the hurts and disappointments to You and know that You are going to use them to increase me. I believe for basketfuls of leftovers in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Aug 2022 06:19 #2838 by DrMike
Power Thinking

Today's Scripture

Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life. Proverbs 4:23, NCV

Do you realize that your life follows your thoughts? You can’t think defeat and have victory, or weak and have strength, or not-able-to and accomplish your dreams. Instead of thinking weak thoughts, start thinking power thoughts. “This sickness is no match for me. This disease can’t stop my destiny. This business trouble is not how my story ends.” Victory starts in your mind. Success, breakthroughs, and new levels depend on your thinking.

Are your thoughts helping you or hurting you? Are you thinking defeated thoughts such as, “I’ll never get well, never accomplish my dreams, never break this addiction”? You’re choosing the direction your life is going to go. Pay attention to what your mind is dwelling on. If it’s a negative, discouraging, fearful thought, don’t give it the time of day. Tune out that defeated thought and think power thoughts. “Something good is going to happen to me. Favor is surrounding me like a shield. Goodness and mercy are following me. No weapon formed against me will prosper.” Think what God says about you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take control of my thought life and stop allowing negative thoughts to enter and play over and over. Help me to clear out all the weak, negative thoughts and dwell on what You have to say about me. I will think power thoughts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Aug 2022 09:56 #2839 by DrMike
Crowned with Favor

Today's Scripture

You have crowned him with glory and honor. Psalm 8:5, NKJV

When life throws you a curve, you have to have the right perspective when dark times linger. A bad break, a disappointment, a divorce, or a sickness can’t stop you. Keep hoping on in faith. God didn’t crown you with favor and give you a royal robe so you could go around anchored to doubt, fear, and bitterness. Being hopeful is about your soul being anchored to the right thing. If you’re not anchored to hope, you’ll become anchored to something else. You can become anchored to discouragement and see everything with a tainted perspective.

Everything is sour. I know people who are anchored to bitterness. They’re so focused on who hurt them and what wasn’t fair that bitterness has poisoned their whole lives. You can become anchored to self-pity and go around with a chip on your shoulder, always thinking about how unfair life has been. Being anchored to any of those things is going to keep you from your destiny. It’s time to cut that anchor and come over into hope.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have put a crown of glory and honor on my head by Your grace. Thank You that my hope and faith can be firmly and securely anchored in You. Help me to keep my anchor down and to cut the rope to any anchor that is less than hope. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Aug 2022 08:01 #2840 by DrMike
The Exclamation Point

Today's Scripture

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13, NIV

You may have a lot of questions about why certain things have happened in your life. Perhaps you went through a breakup, and you’re hurt, wondering if you’ll ever be happy again. Think about this: An exclamation point is simply a question mark straightened out. If you want God to turn your question marks, the things you don’t understand, into exclamation points, you have to trust Him. Instead of wondering why something happened, dare to say, “God, I know that I will see Your goodness in this because You’re still on the throne. I may not understand this valley I’m in, but I know that on the other side is my exclamation point. I am confident that a fresh anointing is coming with increase, promotion, and a new level.”

If you keep moving through the dark places like that, honoring God, you’ll see that question mark turned into an exclamation point. God will amaze you with His goodness. Stay in faith. God has an exclamation point waiting for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that it is possible to change the question marks I have into exclamation points. Thank You for the confidence I can have that if I keep moving forward in faith, I will see Your goodness. I believe that You will amaze me with Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds