Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Sep 2022 06:33 #2871 by DrMike
Be Transformed

Today’s Scripture

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will..." (Romans 12:2, NIV)

In the original Bible language, the word “transform” is "metamorpho." It’s where we get our word “metamorphose.” When a caterpillar changes from a little worm-like larva into a beautiful butterfly, it is called metamorphosis. The caterpillar starts out as possibly one of the most unattractive insects. It’s very plain, nothing special about it. But God destined the caterpillar to go through a transformation. It goes from being one of the most ordinary creatures to one of the most beautiful, colorful and graceful. Instead of having to crawl on the ground, it can now fly to wherever it wants to go.

Paul is saying that if you’ll get your thoughts going in the right direction and not dwell on negative, condemning, “not able to” thoughts, and program your mind with what God says about you, then a transformation will take place. The only way to release your butterfly is to get your thinking in line with God’s Word. If you will keep renewing your mind and agreeing with what God says about you, it’s just a matter of time before that transformed person comes out. When your thoughts are better, your life will be better.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the work You are doing in my life. I surrender every part of my being to You. Thank You for transforming me as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2022 06:27 #2872 by DrMike
Blessed Wherever You Go

Today’s Scripture

"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands…you will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country..." (Deuteronomy 28:1-3, NIV)

Do you want to experience more of God's blessing in your life? Living in obedience and integrity is the key that unlocks the door to His abundance. When you put God first place in your life, you'll be blessed in the city and in the country—you'll be blessed wherever you go! Deuteronomy 28 goes on to say that you will be so blessed that you will lend and not borrow. Can you see yourself in that position? Can you see yourself living in that kind of abundance? God doesn't want you to be living with a barely-get-by attitude. We don't serve a barely-get-by God; our God is more than enough! He wants you to have more than enough to meet your needs and be a blessing to the people around you. Today, make room in your life for the blessing of God. Choose to live in obedience to His Word and be blessed wherever you go!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to put You first in everything I do. Help me to walk in integrity and follow Your commands so that I can honor You always. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Sep 2022 08:28 #2873 by DrMike
When God Crosses Over

Today's Scripture

“But recognize today that the LORD your God is the one who will cross over ahead of you like a devouring fire to destroy them. He will subdue them so that you will quickly conquer them and drive them out, just as the LORD has promised.” Deuteronomy 9:3, NLT

In Deuteronomy 9, the Israelites were facing enemy nations that were much stronger and more powerful than them with fortified cities and descendants of the famous Anakite giants. You can imagine how intimidated they must have felt, but armed with God’s promise, they had the boldness to go into the Promised Land.

You may be facing a situation that seems impossible—the sickness, the financial difficulty, the setback in your career. God is saying to you what He said to them, “You’re not fighting the battle on your own. I’m going to take care of those enemies so you can quickly conquer them.” The Most High God is going before you. Behind the scenes right now, God is changing things in your favor. He’s crossing over ahead of you, taking care of the sickness, taking care of the trouble. God has these destiny moments where He’s going to quickly change things, quickly promote you, quickly vindicate you, quickly heal you. You’re going to overcome that challenge quicker than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great promise that You are crossing over before me to subdue obstacles that seem impossible. Thank You that I can have the boldness to move forward and conquer. I believe that my times are in Your hands, and You are about to quickly change things in my favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachment not found

Attachments:

27 Sep 2022 06:01 #2874 by DrMike
Good to All

Today's Scripture

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10, NIV

Jesus said that people will know true believers by our love for others, not by how many Scriptures we quote or the Christian bumper stickers on our car. This world does not need to hear another sermon nearly as much as it needs to see us being good to people—helping others, meeting needs, and blessing them with our words and actions. We were created to make a difference in the lives of others through our love for them. True love is seen in our actions—giving our time, our money, an encouraging word. When you show love, you are showing God to the world. You’re never more like God than when you take time to do something for someone else.

People are watching you, and one of the best witnesses you can have is simply by being good to people. The Scripture says to be on the lookout for those you can bless. Don’t miss the miracle of the moment to do good whenever situations cross your path to bless people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all You have done in my life and for every opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Help me to be more aware of the people and needs around me and to love others as You have loved me. I want to be a blessing and a testimony of Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Sep 2022 06:34 #2875 by DrMike
When You Praise

Today's Scripture

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth… Psalm 149:6, NKJV

David showed us that sometimes all you need to defeat the enemy is a small stone. The same is true of praise; sometimes all you need is your praise. Praise is a weapon. All through Scripture, you see how praise breaks chains, praise confuses the enemy, and praise makes you powerful. When you have praise coming out of your mouth, you are unstoppable. The enemy cannot keep a praiser down. Just think of Paul and Silas in Acts 16. As they sang praises at midnight, prison doors flung open and shackles fell off.

Your praise may not seem like much, but when you praise, angels go to work. When you praise, the Creator of the universe begins to change things in your favor. Most of the battles we fight are not physical; they’re spiritual. Praise is a powerful weapon. When you praise in the time of trouble, it’s even more effective, because the enemy expects you to be negative and complaining. Praise will cause you to defeat giants in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are worthy of my highest praise and that You inhabit my praise. Thank You that You reign over all the circumstances of my life and that You are with me. As long as I have breath, I will praise You and believe You are defeating the giants in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Sep 2022 07:13 #2876 by DrMike
Anointed but Not Appointed

Today's Scripture

Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.” 1 Samuel 16:19, NKJV

After David was anointed to be the next king of Israel, he didn’t go to the palace. He went back to caring for his father’s sheep. He was anointed before he was appointed. Doing what seemed like a menial job, he kept being his best and proved to God his faithfulness. When King Saul needed someone to play soothing music for his bouts of depression, someone recommended David as an excellent musician. For David, who had been discounted, overlooked, and forgotten, promotion came calling his name. He was suddenly working in the palace for the king. He didn’t make it happen; the king sent for him.

As with David, you have the anointing, the promise, the calling, but you won’t go straight to the throne. How you respond when you’re anointed but not appointed will determine whether you make it to the palace. You have to be your best right where you are. When you pass the test of being faithful in the small, get ready for opportunities that come looking for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me both an anointing and an appointing. Thank You that You are taking me through a preparation process to get me to my appointment. I believe that I will pass the faithfulness test of being my best and get to where You are taking me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Sep 2022 07:12 #2877 by DrMike
Connect the Dots

Today's Scripture

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” John 13:7, NIV

On the night before Jesus was crucified, He told His disciples that His hour had come, and He was going to be betrayed and crucified. In today’s Scripture, He told them, in effect, “You’re going to walk through some difficult things in the days to come that you don’t understand. You will feel lonely, confused, and afraid. You won’t understand it, but you will later.” The resurrection would connect all the dots.

As with these disciples, there will be difficulties you don’t understand. A friend walks out of your relationship, the company downsizes and lets you go, or the sickness hits. But Jesus never said, “You’re going to understand everything. Let Me show you My exact plan for you. It all makes sense.” He does say He’s ordering all your steps. He promises that all things work together for your good. Stay in faith when it doesn’t make sense. You’re on the verge of seeing Him connect some dots. When it all comes together, you’re going to see how it works to your advantage.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what so often looks like trouble is really Your hand moving me toward Your plan. Thank You that I can rest assured that You are working behind the scenes and strategically orchestrating my steps. Help me to walk by faith and be patient while You connect the dots. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Oct 2022 06:09 #2878 by DrMike
The Only Praise That Matters

Today's Scripture

“...for they loved human praise more than praise from God.” John 12:43, NIV

Jesus talks about those who love the praise of people more than the praise of God. One of the tests we all have to pass is when someone whom we respect or like wants us to go one direction, yet we know in our hearts we should take another path. We want their approval, but if we are to fulfill our destiny, we have to stay true to what He’s put in our heart. If you please God, His favor, His anointing, and His blessing will cause you to excel. If you quit worrying about what others think, you’ll see new opportunities and relationships. God’s favor will increase you.

People will tell you how to run your life. If you try to please everyone, you’ll be confused, frustrated, and miserable. Don’t let people control you and go around feeling guilty because you don’t fit into their boxes. They may not understand why you don’t take their advice, but look straight ahead, and as the apostle Paul says, “Run with purpose in every step.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the way You guide me with Your peace and joy. Thank You that I can be free from living for the approval of others because I have Your approval. I declare that I want to stay true to pleasing You and You alone as I run the race You’ve set before me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Oct 2022 05:57 #2879 by DrMike
Aim for Excellence

Today's Scripture

…that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ… Philippians 1:9–10, ESV

For many people, mediocrity is the norm; they do as little as they possibly can to just get by. But God has called us to be His representatives, to be people of excellence and integrity. How you live, how you conduct your business and do your work, is all a reflection on our God. Any hint of compromise or mediocrity will taint our greatest victories or our grandest achievements as well as keep us from God’s best.

When you have an excellent spirit, it shows up in the quality of everything you do and the attitude with which you do it. The Scripture says that whatever you do, you should give your best effort and do it as if you are doing it for God. You go the extra mile to do what’s right, and anything less will cause you to be unhappy. You keep your word even when it’s difficult. You give your employer a full day’s work and don’t call in sick when you’re not. Start aiming for excellence in everything you do.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to live a life of excellence and integrity and for the privilege of representing You to my loved ones and friends. Thank You that I can dedicate every area of my life to You and always be my best. I want excellence to flow out of my heart of love for You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Oct 2022 08:10 #2880 by DrMike
Be Compassionate

Today's Scripture

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous. 1 Peter 3:8, NKJV

Everywhere you go these days, people are hurting and discouraged, and many have broken dreams. They’ve made mistakes; their lives are in a mess. They need to feel God’s compassion and unconditional love. They don’t need somebody to judge and criticize them. They need somebody to bring hope, to bring healing, to show God’s mercy, to be there to encourage them, to take the time to listen and genuinely care.

Our world is crying out for people with compassion, people who love unconditionally. The apostle Paul says that God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit. If you want to live your best life, you must keep your heart of compassion open to be kind, caring, gentle, and loving. You need to be on the lookout for people you can bless. You can make a difference in other peoples’ lives. When God puts love and compassion in your heart toward someone, follow that love. Don’t ignore it. Act on it. Somebody needs what you have. Be a person of compassion.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have poured Your love into my heart through the Holy Spirit. Thank You that You have opened my spirit to be compassionate and kind and merciful to others like You are. I want to do the things that are on Your heart for others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds