Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Nov 2022 08:10 #2901 by DrMike
Think Better

Today's Scripture

…you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 4:8, MSG

The Scripture tells us to meditate on God’s Word day and night. The word “meditate” means “to think about over and over.” We need to pay attention to what we’re meditating on. What you allow to play in your mind will determine what kind of life you live. Meditating on problems doesn’t make them better; it makes them worse. Your life is going to follow your thoughts. When you think better, you will live better.

Paul tells us to think on things that are wholesome, pure, and of good report. If it’s not a good report, don’t dwell on it, because it’s going to poison your spirit. Instead of replaying the doom and gloom over and over, replay what God says. Yes, the financial situation may be a little shaky, but God says He will supply all your needs. He said He will prosper you even in a time of famine. He said He will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you cannot contain. Go through the day meditating on that!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me Your promises to meditate upon. Thank You that Your Word instructs me to think on things that are true and right, wholesome, pure, and of good report. I declare that my trust is in You alone and not in anything else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2022 07:42 #2902 by DrMike
Refreshing Springs

Today's Scripture

When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. Psalm 84:6, NLT

When you face opposition and things don’t go your way, recognize that it’s not permanent. That’s not your final destination. Quit worrying about things that are only temporary—the betrayal, the injustice, the loneliness. That’s not your permanent home. It’s a temporary stop. The psalmist wrote of passing through the Valley of Weeping, not settling or getting stuck there. The valley is temporary; you’re passing through it.

You may have a dream that you’ve buried and given up on. Maybe you’re going through a valley right now, something you don’t understand. Maybe you’re on a detour right now, going through something that is very discouraging. My challenge is to quit losing sleep over a temporary stop. Quit being stressed out over something that’s only for a season; it’s not permanent. You’re just passing through what will lead you to a place of refreshing springs. The right people, the right opportunities, the healing, the vindication, the restoration are headed your way. Dreams you’ve buried will be coming back to life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have seen every tear I’ve shed and every dark valley I’ve walked through. Thank You that the valley is only temporary and that I just need to walk in faith through it. I believe that where You lead me will take me to refreshing springs and restoration. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Attachments:

15 Nov 2022 07:29 #2903 by DrMike
Declare a Decree

Today's Scripture

“I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You.’” Psalm 2:7, NKJV

The psalmist says, “I will declare a decree.” A decree was an official written order usually having the force of law. He was saying, “I’m going to start speaking this decree.” We can do the same and speak decrees. You should write down your goals and what you want to see happen in your life. Then declare that decree out loud every day. Something happens when we speak. You are prophesying your future. Those words will change your outlook and change who you are.

You can personalize your decree, but here are some areas that should be on your decree. “I am strong. I am healthy. I am full of energy. I am passionate. I am talented. I am valuable. I am confident. I have a good personality. I am happy. I enjoy my life. I am a person of excellence. I am full of integrity. I am successful. I am prosperous. I run with purpose in every step. I am blessed. I am victorious. I am a child of the Most High God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my words have the power of a decree to change my life and become my reality. Help me to give my faith a voice by declaring words of blessing over myself and my future daily. I believe that You are going to bless me with an abundance of good things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

16 Nov 2022 06:46 #2904 by DrMike
Triumph over It

Today's Scripture

He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood. Luke 22:44, NLT

When Jesus was about to be crucified, He went to an olive grove called the Garden of Gethsemane, which literally means “the place of pressing.” The only way to get the valuable oil out of the olives is to press them. It was here that Jesus was under such agony that His sweat fell to the ground like drops of blood. That led to Good Friday when Jesus was nailed to the cross—incredible pressure. On Saturday, He was in the grave fighting the forces of darkness—restricted. But on Sunday morning, He rose up triumphantly out of that grave. The great enemy of death couldn’t hold Him down, and He lives and reigns forevermore.

One message of the resurrection is that God uses our enemies to bless us. If you’re never put under pressure, if you never have to stretch your faith, endure, overcome, and persevere, you won’t tap into the treasures God put inside. Stay in faith. God won’t allow the pressure if it’s not going to work for your good.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the resurrection of Jesus is proof of how You use my enemies to bless me. Thank You that when the pressure coming my way feels bigger, stronger, and more powerful than I can handle, You will use it for my good. I believe I will triumph over it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Nov 2022 07:45 #2905 by DrMike
Overthrow the Dictator

Today's Scripture

For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. Romans 8:13, NLT

Today’s Scripture tells us the flesh, our carnal nature, wants to be our dictator. The flesh wants to control your life. A dictator tells you what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. You just follow their orders. When you’re stuck in traffic, your flesh orders, “Get upset,” and you respond, “Yes, sir. Will do.” The flesh tells you, “Your life is going nowhere. Go ahead and be depressed.” “Yes, sir.” Your spouse gets upset with you about something trivial, and the flesh says, “Be offended. Let her have it.”

It’s time to dethrone the dictator from telling you how to feel and what to do, leading you down the wrong path. Let me warn you that it won’t give up easily. When you don’t give it what it wants, it will fight you. You have to be determined, put your foot down, and say, “You can’t rule my life. I’m taking you off the throne, and from now on I’m going to be ruled by the power of the Spirit.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that one of the fruits of the Spirit working in me is the power of self-control. Thank You that I don’t have to be a slave to feelings that have tried to control me for years. I believe that as I say no to the dictates of the flesh that I will reach my highest potential. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Nov 2022 08:02 #2906 by DrMike
Sing to Yourself

Today's Scripture

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord… Ephesians 5:19, KJV

You have to talk to yourself the right way. There is dialog taking place in you all through the day. You can’t have a negative mentality and expect to live in victory. “I’ll never get out of this problem. I can’t believe I had this bad break. What if the medical report isn’t good?” That’s letting yourself speak to you; you need to start speaking to yourself. You have to take control of your thought life. Every morning when you wake up, you need to say to yourself, “This is going to be a great day. I have the favor of God. No weapon formed against me will prosper. I am strong. I am healthy. I am blessed.”

When you keep a song of praise, an attitude of faith, always making melody, speaking to yourself the right way, believing God’s in control, that’s going to tap into a spring of joy, peace, and victory that God’s put in you. That joy will keep you strong, keep you encouraged, keep you moving forward.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can have a song of praise to You in all my circumstances today because You are bigger than any of my circumstances. Thank You that I can put the old sad songs of defeat behind me and start singing songs of victory. I declare that this is a new day and my dreams and vision are being renewed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Nov 2022 03:28 #2907 by DrMike
Consider Your History

Today's Scripture

…for they still didn’t understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. Mark 6:52, NLT

In today’s Scripture, the disciples had just seen Jesus feed some fifteen thousand people, one of the greatest miracles ever recorded. A few hours later, they were caught in a night storm in a boat on a lake and terrified until He got into the boat, and the winds and waves calmed immediately. The Scripture tells us that they were so worried because “they didn’t consider or understand the miracle of the loaves.” If they had just remembered what God had done, they would have stayed in faith.

Are you letting your circumstances, a medical report, or a financial situation cause you to live worried, stressed out? Why don’t you start considering your miracles? You have a history with God. Remember the time God showed up and suddenly turned it around. Every victory He’s given you wasn’t just for that time; it was so you could go back and use that as fuel to build your faith. If you are low on faith, go back and get some fuel. It’s in your past victories.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the history that I have with You and for the mercies that You have shown out in my life. Thank You that I can remember every victory You’ve given me and use it as fuel to build my faith. I believe You have the final say in all things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

I will be out of town till Tuesday, November 29th, the COFA Tips will resume on Wed November 30th, have a happy Thanksgiving.
Attachments:

30 Nov 2022 06:09 #2908 by DrMike
Equipping

Today's Scripture

…may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. Hebrews 13:21, NLT

We all have dreams God has put in our heart, goals we want to accomplish, but too often we get discouraged by the equipping process. It’s taking longer than we thought, we’ve had setbacks, somebody did us wrong. But if you keep the right attitude, every struggle, every disappointment, and every delay is depositing something in you. It’s making you stronger, developing your character, equipping you for what God wants you to do.

God knows what’s in your future. He knows what it’s going to take to keep you there. You may not understand why you’re in a lonely season, a frustrated season, a stagnant season, but everything you go through is to grow you up to do His will. God wouldn’t have allowed it if it wasn’t a part of the process. Without it, you couldn’t give birth to what He put in you. If you keep passing the test, doing the right thing, giving, serving, and loving, your time is coming. What God promised you will come to pass.

Three Simple Words

“Father, thank You for the dreams You put in my heart. Thank You that You are equipping me and empowering me to accomplish all of Your promises. I believe that the preparation process that You are taking me through will take me to where You want me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Dec 2022 07:23 #2909 by DrMike
Planted and Flourishing

Today's Scripture

Those who are planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. Psalm 92:13, NKJV

The Scripture says that when you’re plugged into a community of faith, there is a blessing on your life that will cause you to bloom, to blossom, and to flourish. You will reach levels that you couldn’t reach on your own. This is true because Jesus says, “Where two or three are gathered together in My Name, I am there in the midst of them.” How about when one hundred are gathered, or one thousand? We each bring God with us. In His presence is healing and the fullness of joy. Together, our faith and strength are multiplied.

Given so much trouble in the world today, more than ever we need to plant ourselves in the house of the Lord to draw strength and encouragement from one another. David says, “I love Your sanctuary, the place where Your glory shines.” As you gather together, God’s glory and favor will shine down on you. You have to make it a priority to be there. You were not created to do life on your own.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that when I am plugged into a community of faith, I will flourish. Thank You that when we gather in Jesus’ Name, He is in our midst, and His glory shines upon us. I declare that I am making it my priority to plant myself in Your house. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Dec 2022 06:16 - 02 Dec 2022 06:19 #2910 by DrMike
Don’t Be a People Pleaser

Today's Scripture

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8, NKJV

Some people are experts at putting their demands on you and trying to keep you doing and saying what makes them happy. They play upon a false sense of responsibility and thinking that says, “I’ve got to keep them fixed and cheered up. I have to call every day or they’ll get upset. If I show them how much I care, they’ll be my friend.” You need to know that the only thing you really owe people is to love them. That doesn’t mean you have to keep everyone happy or let people put their demands on you. That’s carrying a debt you don’t owe. Always be respectful and kind, but if you go through life trying to please everyone, the one person who won’t be happy is you. Come out from under that debt.

If people are controlling you, it’s not their fault; it’s yours. You have to make a change and have a boldness to follow what’s in your heart. Go the extra mile, but don’t be a people pleaser.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the love that You have put in my heart and for the love You want me to share with others. Help me to recognize when others are trying to make me feel responsible for keeping them happy and meeting their expectations. I will go the extra mile but not be a people pleaser. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.939 seconds