Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Oct 2022 05:44 #2881 by DrMike
Walk on Water

Today's Scripture

But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Matthew 14:30, NLT

In the darkness of night, Jesus came walking to His disciples across the stormy sea. Based on His word to “come,” Peter had the courage to walk on the water to Jesus. Imagine how amazed Peter was as he took step after step, looking at Jesus, doing the impossible. As long as Peter focused on what Jesus said, he was fine. But when he started focusing on what he saw, he began to doubt and sink.

It’s the same principle in life. If you stay focused on what you see, you can get talked out of your dreams. If you’re focused on how the medical report is not good or how you’ll never get out of debt, you’ll be limited. You have to stay focused on what God says. When you focus on what He promises, you’ll walk on water. You’ll go places you couldn’t go on your own. You’ll overcome obstacles that are much bigger. The winds and waves are a test. Don’t get distracted and start focusing on the negative.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the strong winds and waves of my life are not a problem for You. Thank You that You walk on water and call me to step out of my boat and walk with You. I trust Your leading in my life and declare that You are taking me where I couldn’t go on my own. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2022 06:57 #2882 by DrMike
Right Thoughts

Today's Scripture

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16, NIV

I’ve learned that if you fill your mind with the right thoughts, there won’t be any room for the wrong thoughts. When you go around constantly thinking, “I’m strong. I’m healthy. I’m blessed. I have the favor of God,” then when the negative thoughts come knocking, there will be a “No Vacancy” sign. They won’t be able to get in.

You need to take inventory of what is occupying the rooms of your life. If you give fear a room, faith gets left outside. There’s not room for both. If you give “I can’t” a room, “I can” is left outside. If you give lack, barely get by, “I’ll never make it” a room, then increase, promotion, and abundance are left outside. Quit renting out space in your mind to your problems and self-pity. Tell those negative thoughts, “You’ve occupied my rooms long enough. I’ve got a new resident coming in. My new resident is faith, joy, peace, healing, and victory.” Let what God says about you have a permanent home.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can let the message of Jesus dwell richly in all the rooms of my life. Thank You for all the wisdom, psalms, hymns, and songs of the Spirit that are filling my mind. I declare to every fear and doubt that there is no vacancy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Oct 2022 05:51 #2883 by DrMike
You Have a Guardian

Today's Scripture

The LORD will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7–8, NIV

Our Guardian God is right by your side to protect you today. He guards you when you go out, and He guards you when you return. He guards you now, and He will guard you always. You can’t go anywhere without your Guardian God. That’s why you can live from a place of peace, a place of faith, even though there’s turmoil all around you. Stay in peace. God didn’t say you wouldn’t have to face these things. But He did promise He will rescue you from the trouble. He has a hedge of protection around you, a blood line that the enemy cannot cross.

God has been guarding you since you were born. If you knew all the things God has already kept you from, you wouldn’t worry about what you’re facing now. You would stay in peace, knowing that God has you covered. You’re not at the mercy of fate, bad breaks, or a dreaded disease. Stay at rest, knowing that no weapon formed against you will ever prosper.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my Guardian God who watches over my life and puts a hedge of protection around me. Thank You that I am not at the mercy of anyone else or a disease or any situation I may be struggling with. I declare that no weapon formed against me will prosper. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Oct 2022 06:04 #2884 by DrMike
Release What’s Inside

Today's Scripture

“Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king in you?” Micah 4:9, ESV

One time in the Old Testament, an army invaded Jerusalem and killed their king. For the first time, the people of Israel were without a leader. They were discouraged and didn’t know what to do. As they sat there thinking that it was over, the prophet Micah rose up and said, “Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king in you?”

I believe that God is saying the same thing to each of us: “There’s a king in you.” You may have made mistakes, but you are still a child of the Most High God. You may have gone through disappointments, but You have royal blood flowing through your veins. You may have missed good opportunities, but let these words sink deep down into your spirit. “The king is still in you.” “The queen is still in you.” You are still wearing a crown of favor and clothed in a robe of honor. Now you have to start calling out that king, calling out that queen. You have to release what God put inside.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You can see the royalty in me even when I’ve failed. Thank You that as Your child, You have crowned me with favor and clothed me in honor. Help me to release all that You put inside and become who You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Oct 2022 05:29 #2885 by DrMike
Get Ready to Rise

Today's Scripture

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. Psalm 40:2, NKJV

We all face things that are trying to push us down today. Thoughts will tell you, “You’ll never get well. This setback has ruined your finances. You’ll always struggle with this addiction.” Don’t believe those lies. No more saying, “It’s never going to change.” Rather, you need to say with the apostle Paul, “The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives inside me.” The forces of darkness did their best to stop Jesus, but they couldn’t keep Him from rising. That tells me that nothing you face can keep you from your purpose—no pandemic, no setback, no layoff. The enemy may have done his best, but his best will never be enough.

You may feel as though you’re down in a pit. The good news is that the Most High God will lift you out. He’s about to free you from that addiction. He’s about to turn the medical report around. He’s about to open new doors, bring new opportunities, new relationships. The pit is not your destiny. Get ready to rise.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that any pit I find myself pushed down into can never stop the purpose You put in my heart. Thank You that no force of darkness could stop Jesus from rising from the dead, and I have His Spirit living in me. I declare that You are lifting me up and setting my feet on a rock. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Oct 2022 07:03 #2886 by DrMike
Build People

Today's Scripture

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people. Philemon 1:7, NIV

Do you know how many people have never been told “You are a winner”? There are most likely people in your life right now—maybe your own family members—who are starving for your approval. They are craving for you to speak blessing and encouragement over their lives. You don’t know what it will mean when you let them know that you are proud of them and you think they will do great things. Everyone needs to be valued, appreciated, and encouraged. If you talk with any successful people, they’ll tell you somebody spoke faith into them when they didn’t think they could do something.

What kind of seeds are you planting in others? Are you believing in anyone? Are you taking an interest to see how you can make someone’s life better? Listen to their dreams. Find out what God has put in their hearts. Let them know you’re behind them. Give them your approval. Encourage them, lift them when they’ve fallen, celebrate when they succeed, pray when they’re struggling, urge them forward. Be a people builder.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. I ask You to work through me and help me to speak kind words, offer compliments, give encouragement, and lift up those around me. Help me to listen and find out what You have put in their hearts and be a people builder. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Oct 2022 08:49 #2887 by DrMike
Take Off Any Negative Label

Today’s Scripture

“...The LORD will make you the head, not the tail…...” (Deuteronomy 28:13, NIV)

People constantly put labels on us, telling us what we can and cannot become, what we do or don’t have. People will label you “not good enough, too slow, addict, average.” Many times, these labels are not in agreement with what God says about us; but if we don’t know any better, we’ll wear them like they’re the truth. If we keep them on long enough, they’ll become so ingrained in our thinking that we’ll become what people have said rather than what God has said—“you are strong, talented, valuable, more than a conqueror.”

Are there labels holding you back today? The only power a label has over you is the power you give it. If you remove it, quit thinking about it, quit acting like it’s the truth, that label will have no effect on you. If you’re going to rise to the next level, you have to put on God labels. To live better, you need to think better.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I do not have to live according to what others have said I can and cannot become. Thank You that the negative labels they have placed on me hold no power over my destiny. I declare that You alone determine my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Oct 2022 06:51 #2888 by DrMike
He Is Love

Today's Scripture

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. 1 John 4:16, NIV

Sometimes religion tells us, “Clean yourself up, then God will love you. If you fail to do what’s right, if you don’t perform correctly, God won’t have anything to do with you. If you’re good enough, if you measure up, then God will help you.” That’s not real love; that’s conditional love. Real love is not about your performance, what you do or don’t do. It’s about who God is, and what He’s already done. Nothing you can do will make Him love you more.

When you know that God is love, and you rely on His love for you, you’ll go to Him with confidence. You’ll pray bold prayers, you’ll ask Him for your dreams, you’ll believe for your health to turn around, you’ll expect new doors to open, you’ll move up to the next level—not because of who you are, but because of who your Father is. When you receive His love, you’ll quit trying to be good enough. You know He’ll go out of His way to be good to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You love me because You are love, that it’s not just what You do but it is who You are. Thank You that I don’t have to clean myself up to earn Your love or get You to love me more. I receive Your love and rely on You to show out in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

18 Oct 2022 09:17 #2889 by DrMike
Have a Vision for Increase

Today's Scripture

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20, NIV

When God gives you a promise, He gives the “Yes,” saying He’s going to do it, but that is not enough. You have to add the “Amen” to it, which means you’re saying, “I believe it. God, I’m in agreement with You.” When He says, “I will bring you to a flourishing finish,” your response should just be three simple words: “Lord, I believe.” When He promises, “I will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you cannot contain,” don’t say, “I can’t see how that is possible.” You don’t have to see how. Just agree and say, “Lord, I believe.” When He says, “I will restore the years that were stolen,” don’t go by what you see at the moment. Just add your amen: “Lord, I believe.”

You may think of a thousand reasons why a promise from God is not going to happen. I can give you one great reason why it will happen: The Creator of the universe has declared it. He doesn’t go back on His word.

Prayer

Three Simple Words “Father, thank You, that Your promises come with Your yes that You are going to do it. Thank You that I can put my amen with Your yes and get in agreement with what You want to do in my life. I believe and declare that Your word is all I need to believe. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

19 Oct 2022 06:14 #2890 by DrMike
A Life of Generosity Rewarded

Today's Scripture

It is possible to give away and become richer! It is also possible to hold on too tightly and lose everything. Proverbs 11:24, TLB

Today’s Scripture could read like a contradiction, but God’s ways are not our ways. Everything in you may say, “If I’m going to fix my finances and overcome my problems, I don’t have the money or the time to help anyone else. When I get my problems solved, I’ll help others.” No, giving your time, energy, and resources to helping others in their time of need is what’s going to open the windows of heaven and cause your problems to turn around. You’re never going to end up with less.

Here’s the beauty: When you help others, what you give is going to come back to you not in the same proportion, but pressed down, shaken together, and running over. It’s a seed you’re sowing that’s going to keep coming back to you and multiplying. When you live a life of generosity, when you make sacrifices to help other people rise higher, it’s not just going to affect you, it’s to going to affect your children. It’s going to be more than you imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that it is possible for me to give away my time and resources to those in need and yet prosper. Thank You that as I sow seeds of blessing in others, You will cause it to multiply in coming back to me. I believe that You will open the windows of heaven to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.918 seconds