Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Aug 2022 07:03 #2841 by DrMike
Pushed Out

Today's Scripture

At that time a great persecution arose against the church…Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. Acts 8:1, 5, NKJV

This persecution forced Philip out of Jerusalem. He was pushed out of his comfort zone. What’s interesting is that previously God had poured out His Spirit upon the believers in Jerusalem. The same God who showed them that powerful sign could have stopped the persecution, but it was for a purpose—a plan to push them into their destiny. It was in Samaria that Philip saw the greatest days of his ministry. If he had stayed in Jerusalem, he would never have reached his full potential.

God knows how to get you out of your comfort zone. He opened the door; He can close the door. That closed door is God pushing you. Maybe you’ve been pushed out of Jerusalem, so to speak, through a bad break, a disappointment, a betrayal. Don’t be discouraged. If it weren’t going to work for your good, God wouldn’t have allowed it. Jerusalem may have closed, but Samaria is about to open. God wouldn’t be pushing you if He didn’t already have a door open.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know what’s best for me, and You’re pushing and stretching me out of my comfort zone and into my purpose. Thank You for closed doors as well as open doors. I believe that You have something bigger, something better, something more rewarding up in front of me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2022 07:35 #2842 by DrMike
God Sees and Hears

Today's Scripture

“But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” Mark 2:10–11, NKJV

In the Scripture, four men carried a paralyzed man to see Jesus. When Jesus saw them, He said to the man, “Your sins have been forgiven.” Some of the religious leaders were offended and began to murmur, “Who does He think He is? Only God can forgive sins.” Challenged by His critics, Jesus said to them, “Which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’?” To prove to them that He was the Son of God, He turned to the paralyzed man and told him to rise up. The man stood up, perfectly well, and I’m sure the religious leaders nearly passed out.

Jesus could have just forgiven the man’s sins and moved on, but when His enemies murmured about it, Jesus healed him. When people are talking about you, trying to push you down and keep you in a dark place, don’t worry—God sees and hears them. They’re putting you in position for promotion, to be blessed in a greater way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty or adversity I will ever face. Thank You for the critics that You have ordained to come across my path. I believe they were destined to promote me and bring me blessing in a greater way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Aug 2022 06:07 #2843 by DrMike
Roll Away the Stone

Today's Scripture

“But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.” John 11:22, NIV

In John 11, Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus that their brother, Lazarus, was very sick. They thought He would come immediately and heal Lazarus. But days passed, and Lazarus died. When Jesus showed up, Martha was upset. She said, “Jesus, if You had been here sooner, my brother would not have died.” Martha could have walked away in anger and bitterness, which would be the end of the story. But she added, “I know even now God will give You whatever You ask.” She was saying, “It seems impossible, but I know You have the final say.” They went to the tomb, the place where Martha stopped believing, and rolled away the stone, and Jesus gave them a resurrection.

Perhaps you’ve given up on a promise or a dream or a relationship and rolled a stone in front of it. Start believing again right where you gave up. Get your passion back. It may have been dead, but that wasn’t the final word. God has the final say—freedom, wholeness, abundance, victory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what challenges and setbacks I face, You have the final word over all things. Thank You that You are working behind the scenes and bringing a resurrection to what I thought was dead. I believe that victory is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Aug 2022 06:21 #2844 by DrMike
The Greatness of His Goodness

Today's Scripture

Oh, how great is your goodness to those who publicly declare that you will rescue them. For you have stored up great blessings for those who trust and reverence you. Psalm 31:19, TLB

When you look back over your life, you can see the goodness of God. There were the times when He made a way when you didn’t see a way. You were at the right place at the right time. Your health didn’t look good, but somehow it turned around. You made mistakes that should have held you back, but God in His mercy covered you. He brought you out, and now you’re blessed and fulfilling your purpose. You didn’t get to where you are by yourself. It was the hand of God. He’s been working behind the scenes in your life, pushing back forces of darkness.

What has God done in your life? Are you recognizing it, are you living amazed, filled with gratitude? Take time every day to acknowledge how great His goodness has been in your life. If you’re going to continue to go further, you need to remember that the Lord your God has brought you this far, and the Lord your God is going to keep you going.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways. Thank You for the countless blessings You have brought me and for all You are going to do as You take me forward. I stand in awe of Your goodness to me, and I will not forget it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Aug 2022 06:40 #2845 by DrMike
Keep Getting Back Up

Today's Scripture

Though a righteous man falls seven times, he will get up… Proverbs 24:16, HCSB

When life knocks you down, steps on you, takes your health, or squashes your dreams, you just have to get back up again. The way you win some battles is not by defeating them but by outlasting the opposition. You have comeback power. Some enemies are stubborn. You can’t be weak and give up because it’s not happening on your timetable. You have to outlast the trouble at work, outlast the slow season in your finances, outlast the difficulty in your marriage. We all want God to deliver us from attacks, but if He’s not changing it, then it’s really simple—you have to keep getting back up and outlast the attacks.

Sometimes we think God has forgotten about us. We’ve seen Him turn situations around in the past, but this problem won’t seem to go away. You have to have a holy determination and say, “Staying down is not an option. I’m going to outlast this sickness, this addiction, this injustice, these critics.” The victory will come through outlasting it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me comeback power to tap into in order to outlast whatever is coming against me. Thank You for sustaining faith that takes me through the challenge. I will keep getting back up until the victory is mine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Aug 2022 06:20 #2846 by DrMike
Pearls

Today's Scripture

“Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.” Matthew 7:6, NLT

Jesus says to overcome evil with good and to bless our enemies, but He also says to not cast your pearls among swine. By “your pearls,” He meant to not keep trying to convince those who refuse to believe the gospel, but it also includes you. Some people won’t value the calling on your life, the gift God has given you, or your anointing. They will reject and trample over the gospel and who God made you to be, and they will not respect what you have to offer.

Your time is too valuable to waste it with people who discount your pearls. Don’t hang around people who try to lessen you, who make you feel like you have to prove to them who you are. You don’t need their approval; you have Almighty God’s approval. He created you in His own image. He calls you a masterpiece. Hang around people who recognize your gifts, who inspire you to go further, who bring out the best in you, and who cause your pearls to shine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when others refuse to believe Your gospel and don’t value Your calling on my life, I can let them go. Thank You that I don’t need their approval or respect, because I know I have Your approval. I will not throw my pearls before those who will trample them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Aug 2022 08:50 #2847 by DrMike
Paid in Full

Today's Scripture

“And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Matthew 6:12, NKJV

When God talks about debts, He’s talking about the times when people hurt you and do you wrong. It’s a debt because human nature says, “I was wronged. Now I want justice. You have to pay me back.” But the mistake many people make is in trying to collect a debt that only God can pay. Your parents can’t pay you back for not providing a loving childhood. Your friend can’t pay you back for the pain they caused by something they said or did. Only God can truly pay you back.

If you spend your life trying to get from others what only God can give, it will ruin relationships. Your attitude should be, “God, I will not be bitter, trying to get people to give me what they don’t have. You promised You would settle my cases and pay me back double for every injustice. I’m leaving it up to You.” When you see the person who did you wrong, stamp the account “Paid in Full” in your imagination. Forgive so you can be free.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can forgive other people of their debts and release them from trying to pay me back. Thank You that I can look to You to heal my hurts and right the wrongs done to me. I declare I won’t let bitterness, anger, or an offense to have control over my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Aug 2022 06:32 #2848 by DrMike
Roar Back

Today's Scripture

“I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it.” Jeremiah 5:22, ESV

Jeremiah 5 says that though the ocean may be a billion times bigger and more powerful than the sand, God put an everlasting ordinance in the sand that it would keep the ocean in its boundaries. The ocean may roar and pound the sand with its waves, but because of God’s decree, the sand will not be overpowered.

What you’re up against may look bigger, and more powerful, but when you have God’s Word in your heart, that’s the everlasting ordinance. His Word is the decree that enables you to withstand storms that are stronger, overcome challenges that are bigger, and accomplish dreams that seem impossible. Now make sure you do your part and keep God’s Word in your heart. For any area that you’re struggling in, you need to find Scriptures that you can stand on. There’s nothing more powerful than saying what God says about you. When the enemy roars at you, roar back at him with God’s promises. Say what God says about your situation, and you will prevail.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your words give life to my faith, and I can use my words to withstand the storms and waves that pound against me. Thank You that there is nothing more powerful than Your Word in my heart. I will say what You say about me and what You promise in Your Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer, and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and, with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

16 Aug 2022 05:42 #2849 by DrMike
The Final Word

Today's Scripture

Then Jesus told him, “Go back home. Your son will live!” And the man believed what Jesus said and started home. While the man was on his way, some of his servants met him with the news that his son was alive and well. John 4:50–51, NLT

When a government official made a desperate plea that Jesus would come to his house and heal his dying son, Jesus simply declared that his son would live and he should go home. All the man was given was Jesus’ word of promise, yet his attitude was to mix in faith with the promise rather than mix in doubt or worry. Nothing had changed, and Jesus wasn’t going with him to pray, but the man wasn’t moved by what he saw. He had many reasons to doubt, but he kept believing Jesus’ word and found his son alive and well.

That’s what happens when you mix in your faith with God’s promises—not doubt, not worry, not fear. Dare to believe what God told you. Don’t be moved by what you don’t see, by how long it’s taking, by how bad it looks, or by what you don’t have. Keep thanking God for what He promised, keep declaring what He said, and keep talking like it’s on the way. God has the final word.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You spoke worlds into existence and that You are faithful to Your word. Thank You that I can take You at Your bare word and believe that Your promise is enough. I declare that I dare to believe what You have told me and am believing that it’s on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Aug 2022 06:51 #2850 by DrMike
Outrun a Chariot

Today's Scripture

Then the LORD gave special strength to Elijah. He tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab’s chariot all the way to the entrance of Jezreel. 1 Kings 18:46, NLT

In today’s Scripture, the prophet Elijah had just defeated the 450 prophets of Baal who supported King Ahab, and no doubt he was exhausted. Yet it says that God gave him the special strength to outrun Ahab’s chariot over the twenty-mile journey to Jezreel. That chariot represented Ahab’s power, and it’s not possible for a man to outrun a horse even over a short distance. God was showing Ahab that His power was so far superior to anything Ahab had.

You may look at what you’re up against today and feel that you don’t have the strength, the endurance, the fortitude to keep battling. Maybe it’s cancer, or an addiction, or a situation in your family. No, get ready. God is not going to let you stay feeling overwhelmed. Right now, He is breathing special strength into you. When you have special strength, you’re going to overcome what looks impossible, you’re going to accomplish dreams that seem too far gone. You’re about to outrun some chariots.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh, the Lord my Provider for whatever I need. Thank You that You are breathing special strength into me to help me overcome all the situations that are coming against me. I believe that You will give me the power to outrun a chariot. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.832 seconds