Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Aug 2022 07:02 #2851 by DrMike
Let People Off the Hook

Today's Scripture

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19, NIV

God has seen everything that’s happened in your life—the injustice, the bad breaks, the person who did you wrong. Those people cannot pay you back. They cannot make you whole. No matter how good a person is, they can’t give you everything you need. Only God can meet your needs. He said He will give you beauty for ashes. He said He will pay you back double for the unfair things that have happened. Quit looking to people to make it up to you. Quit trying to get somebody to apologize, to admit they were wrong, to give you what they don’t have. When you let people off the hook and quit trying to make them perform perfectly and keep you fixed, not only will their life be better, but your relationships will improve.

Let people off the hook. If you go to God, He’ll bring you out better. He’ll make the rest of your life more rewarding and more fulfilling than if those negative things hadn’t happened in the first place.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You made me to be complete and fulfilled in You alone. Help me to realize when I’m looking to others to give me what only You can give and to let them off the hook. I believe and declare that I find everything I need in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2022 06:07 #2852 by DrMike
Immeasurable

Today's Scripture

…so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:7, ESV 7

In another translation of today’s Scripture, the apostle Paul said that we would see “the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor).” That’s favor as we’ve never seen before. That’s how the word “explosion” is defined. It means a “sudden, widespread increase.” That’s what God wants to do for us. Suddenly. You won’t expect it. It’s out of the ordinary, and it’s not small. It’s so amazing you know it had to be the hand of God.

You may think your situation is permanent. You don’t see how you can ever rise any higher and accomplish your dreams. All the calculations are telling you that you’ll never get out of debt, but God is saying, “You need to get ready. You haven’t seen My explosive blessings. You haven’t seen the immeasurable, limitless, surpassing greatness of My favor. I will bless you beyond your normal income. I have blessings that will catapult you years ahead. I have increase that goes beyond your calculations.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your unlimited favor and supply of everything I need in this life. Thank You that I can take the limits off because I know all things are possible to You. I open my heart to You and ask You to increase my capacity to receive the riches of Your free grace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

22 Aug 2022 06:50 #2853 by DrMike
The God of Jacob

Today's Scripture

Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” Exodus 3:6, NIV

In the Scripture, it talks about the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. I can understand how He is the God of Abraham, the father of our faith. I can understand how He is the God of Isaac, who was the miracle child of God’s promise and extremely obedient. But when it says He is the God of Jacob, that doesn’t make a lot of sense. Jacob was a cheater. He went around deceiving people. He stole his brother’s birthright. Jacob was known for making poor choices.

What was God saying? “I’m not just the God of perfect people. I’m not just the God of people who never make a mistake. I’m the God of people who have failed. I’m the God of people who have blown it.” You may have made mistakes, but be encouraged. You may have lost your temper, struggled with an addiction, or compromised your integrity. Don’t beat yourself up. He is the God of Jacob. He is your God, too.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love and forgiveness are not based on my performance, but upon the fact that I am Your child. Thank You that You love me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made has already been paid for in full. I believe that You are my God, too. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests
Attachments:

23 Aug 2022 06:27 #2854 by DrMike
Remember What God Said

Today's Scripture

“Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’” Luke 24:6–7, NIV

The three women who went to the tomb on Sunday morning to care for Jesus’ body were met by the angel’s question, “Don’t you remember what He told you?” They came to the tomb discouraged, depressed, and defeated, and they left excited, passionate, full of faith and hope. They couldn’t wait to tell the disciples. Remembering what God says will change your perspective.

When you’re under pressure, under stress, overwhelmed by a situation, too often we forget what God has said, and we go by what we see. We let negative thoughts drown out what God has promised. Recognize that’s a test. The enemy would love for you to get so caught up in your circumstances that you forget what God told you. Are you remembering that He says He’ll supply all your needs according to His riches? Are you remembering that He says greater is He who is in you than what’s trying to stop you? It’s not complicated. Start remembering what He has spoken over you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the strength that rises within me whenever I remember what You have promised me in Your Word. Thank You that I can stay focused on what You have said and walk by faith and not by sight. I will not allow negative thoughts to drown out Your voice and hold me back. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Aug 2022 06:56 #2855 by DrMike
When You Fall Down

Today's Scripture

As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross. Matthew 27:32, NIV

When Jesus was being led out of the city to be crucified, the custom was that the person had to carry their own cross. Jesus was so exhausted from the sleepless night, the suffering and pain of the trial, that He fell down under the weight of the cross. God provided a man named Simon to be there to carry the cross for Jesus.

God is sending us the message that we don’t have to be strong all the time. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed. Sometimes the weight of what we’re carrying gets too heavy. It’s okay to say, “God, I don’t think I can do this.” When you’re down, when you’re discouraged, God is not going to leave you there. He’ll always have someone to help lift you back up, someone to encourage you, someone to help you carry the load that you can’t carry. If it’s not an angel, God will send a person across your path. There will be a Simon there to help lift you back up.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You don’t fault me for the times when I don’t have the strength on my own to do what I need to do. Thank You that You find a way to get me the help I need in times of trouble. I believe that You know just the right people to encourage and lift me up. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Aug 2022 07:15 #2856 by DrMike
New Beginnings

Today's Scripture

He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Matthew 26:38, NLT

On the night before Jesus went to the cross, He was so deeply troubled in the Garden of Gethsemane that He asked His disciples to stay there and pray for Him. He deserved their support, but they couldn’t stay awake. It was disappointing, but He accepted that He wasn’t going to have their encouragement and moved forward toward His resurrection.

In life we all have disappointments, some that deeply trouble us. But God gives you grace for every Gethsemane, for every person who falls asleep. It’s very freeing when you can look at the frustration, look at the business that slowed down, look at the people who left you, and know that amazing things are ahead if you don’t give up in Gethsemane. Yes, there are crosses to bear, betrayals, and setbacks, but if you keep moving forward, there will be resurrections. There will be new beginnings, times when God pays you back for what was unfair, times where He catapults you to new levels. You may be in Gethsemane, but know that a resurrection is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus did not allow His disappointment over the disciples’ lack of support to keep Him from His purpose. Thank You for the grace to go through times of betrayal and crosses, knowing that new beginnings are coming. I look forward to the resurrections to come. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Aug 2022 06:56 #2857 by DrMike
Keep Looking Ahead

Today's Scripture

Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” John 2:19, NIV

When Jesus spoke today’s Scripture, He was referring to His coming death. At the time, people thought He was talking about the actual temple building, but He was talking about Himself. He knew that His end had been established. He was saying that His final scene was not one of being betrayed and mistreated, hanging on a cross in great pain, or being buried in a tomb wrapped up in grave clothes. He knew that His final scene was that of being seated at the right hand of His Father, with all power, with the keys of death and hell. That’s why the Scripture says, “For the joy that was set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame.”

Now in the tough times, don’t let the twists, the turns, or the things that don’t make sense cause you to get discouraged. The way to keep your joy is to keep looking ahead, knowing that you will have a flourishing finish, knowing that God always causes you to triumph. God has established your end.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good. I may not understand everything along the way, and it may not have been fair, but I’m not going to live worried, upset, or discouraged. I know You have established my end and are bringing me to a flourishing finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Aug 2022 07:16 #2858 by DrMike
Cut the Strings

Today's Scripture

A hot-tempered person must pay the penalty; rescue them, and you will have to do it again. Proverbs 19:19, NIV

Are you so good-hearted that you’re sacrificing your time and happiness to keep everyone around you happy? You need to know the freedom that comes when you get free from controlling people. Some people are always having a crisis and in desperate need of something. It’s good to help people who are in real need. But if it seems the emergencies never stop, you need to recognize that’s a manipulator and you are their puppet. They know if they pull one string, you’ll feel guilty, or another string and you’ll bail them out.

If someone is playing you like a puppet, it’s time to cut the strings. No more letting them make you feel guilty. No more will you come running. If you feel you’ll lose their friendship if you won’t meet unreasonable demands, that person is a manipulator, not your friend. The sooner you break free, the better off you’ll be. Be bold, take charge of your life, and pursue the dreams God has placed in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You did not make me to be other people’s puppet and try to please them by fulfilling their wishes and demands. I want to be loving and kind and help others who are in real need, but help me to be bold and cut the strings of those who would manipulate and control me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Aug 2022 10:02 #2859 by DrMike
A Prized Possession

Today's Scripture

The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. Deuteronomy 7:6, NIV

God’s creation is filled with magnificent scenes and things, but He says you are His most prized possession. Don’t go around feeling wrong about yourself. Quit letting your thoughts tell you that you’re ordinary. Quit wishing you were taller, or had a better personality, or looked like somebody else. God went to great lengths to make you exactly as He wanted. You have what you need to fulfill your destiny. When God created you in His own image, He stepped back and stamped His approval on you.

Somewhere on you, there’s a tag that states, “Made by Almighty God.” So put your shoulders back and hold your head high. You are extremely valuable. When those thoughts come telling you everything that you’re not, remind yourself, “I have the fingerprints of God all over me—the way I look, the way I smile, my gifts, my personality. I know I am not average. I am a masterpiece.” Those are the thoughts that should be playing in our mind all day long.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me as a masterpiece, down to the smallest detail of what I need to fulfill my destiny. Thank You that I am Your prized possession and that I have Your fingerprints all over me. I believe that I am made in Your image and have Your approval. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 Aug 2022 06:53 #2860 by DrMike
Always Be in Blossom

Today's Scripture

Instead you thrill to GOD’s Word, you chew on Scripture day and night. You’re a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month, never dropping a leaf, always in blossom. Psalm 1:2–3, MSG

Today’s Scripture says that when you meditate on God’s Word day and night, “You’re a tree…always in blossom.” That’s God’s dream for your life—that you always have a smile, that you’re always in peace, that you’re always excited about your future. And, no, it doesn’t mean that you’ll never have adversities. But in those difficult times, because you have your thoughts fixed on Him, thoughts you’ve drawn from His Word, deep down there will be a confidence, a knowing that everything is going to be all right. You will know that God is still on the throne. He is fighting your battles, and you’re not only going to come out, you’re going to come out better off than you were before.

When you’re in agreement with God, the Creator of the universe goes to work. God will cause His favor to shine down on you. He will cause you to stand out in your career. He will cause you to be at the right place at the right time, making sure that you succeed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plan for my life is that I am always in blossom, that I’m always bearing fresh fruit. Thank You that I can fill my mind with Your Word and know Your thoughts toward me. I believe Your favor is shining down upon me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.132 seconds