Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Oct 2022 06:44 #2891 by DrMike
Greatness Out of Messes

Today's Scripture

God heard the boy crying… Genesis 21:17, NIV

At the age of sixteen, Ishmael found himself abandoned in the desert—confused, rejected, out of water and food. He was born and raised in the dysfunctional relationship between his mother and Abraham and Sarah. He was paying the price for the strife and division in the family that he was not responsible for and could not control, dealing with the consequences of their poor choices. Sent away from his home and about to die, this young man’s cry was heard by God, who not only saved him and his mother but promised to make a great nation out of Ishmael.

God was showing us that He knows how to bring greatness out of a great mess. You may have had a rough start, the odds have been against you, but God is watching over you. He knows what you didn’t get. He knows who wasn’t in your life. He knows the pain, the betrayal, and the hurt. Call out to Him. He has a plan to make more out of your life than you ever imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are watching over me, and You know what I didn’t get and who wasn’t there for me. Thank You that You have a plan for how to deal with the past and make me into more than I’ve ever imagined. I believe that because You are my Father, I can still do great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2022 02:16 #2892 by DrMike
Join the Party

Today's Scripture

“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’” Luke 15:31–32, NIV

In Luke 15, the older brother of the prodigal was so angry when his father celebrated the prodigal’s return with a party that he refused to go in. He said, “Dad, I’ve always done what you asked, but you’ve never even given me a skinny goat. After all the bad things my brother’s done, how can you kill a fatted calf for him?” You can hear his bitterness.

That bitterness, however, didn’t stop the party; it just kept him out of the party. Sometimes we’re holding on to unforgiveness, anger, and resentment, thinking that it’s hurting the other person when it’s only hurting us. Are you letting bitterness or a disappointment keep you from enjoying today? Why don’t you let it go and come into the party? Life is happening. There’s a celebration going on. Today is a gift. Don’t let a bad childhood keep you out of the party. Don’t let a divorce or a breakup cause you to be sour and sit on the sidelines of life. Come into the party.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that today is Your gift to me and that there’s a celebration going on. Thank You that I don’t have to sit on the sidelines in unforgiveness or bitterness over things that have happened. I declare that I’m getting rid of whatever may be keeping me from joining the party. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

24 Oct 2022 06:29 #2893 by DrMike
Grace Abounds

Today's Scripture

But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more… Romans 5:20, NKJV

God has made us a new creation in Christ, but He doesn’t take away every negative desire where you’re never tempted to be impatient, critical, rude, angry, jealous, or to compromise again. Some people let the same personal enemies—the sour attitude, the addiction, the unforgiveness—hold them back for years. Everybody struggles with some wrong desires, but don’t excuse them and allow them to stay. That’s why the apostle Paul says, “I die daily.” He was saying, “When that temptation rises up inside again, I put it straight back in the grave.”

This is where the abounding grace of God shows up. You have the grace to overcome. The temptation may not ever totally go away, the desire may be there, but God’s grace, His enabling power, will always be greater than what’s trying to stop you. His grace is greater than a critical attitude or an addiction. If you deal with the things that are holding you back, God will release the big things that belong to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are working in me and Your grace is abounding in me. Thank You that I have the power to overcome and be disciplined to do the right thing. I believe that Your enabling power in me is greater than the forces against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Oct 2022 05:54 #2894 by DrMike
Rescued

Today's Scripture

Many hardships and perplexing circumstances confront the righteous, but the LORD rescues him from them all. Psalm 34:19, AMP

God never said we wouldn’t have difficulties. Being a person of faith doesn’t exempt us from challenges and unfair situations. That’s a part of life. The promise in today’s Scripture is not that you won’t have difficulties, but that God will bring you out of “them all.” When you’re in the adversity, your report should be, “I’m coming out. This sickness is temporary. This trouble is not the end. This addiction is not permanent. This slowdown in my business is just for a season.” Right now, you may not be able to see it, but God is in the adversity with you and is in the process of bringing you out. You’re not going to come out the same. You’re going to come out stronger, free from things that were holding you back, with a greater trust in God, a greater confidence, a greater faith. That’s getting you prepared for the next level of your destiny. With every experience, something is deposited in you that you’re going to use down the road.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what hardship or trouble I face, I can stay in peace knowing that You will rescue me from them all. Thank You that You are right here with me in the challenge. I declare that I am coming out of it stronger and ready for the next level You are taking me to. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Nov 2022 07:35 #2895 by DrMike
Remember

Today's Scripture

Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” John 5:8, NLT

In John 5, Jesus healed a man lying beside the pool of Bethesda who had been crippled for thirty-eight years. Why did He tell him to take his mat with him? After all those years, that mat was dirty, ragged, and probably stunk. Why didn’t Jesus tell him to get rid of it? Because that mat was there to remind him of what God had done. It was part of his story. Whenever people asked him, “Why are you carrying that ugly old mat?” he would say, “No, this is a beautiful mat. It’s a reminder that God healed me.”

The reason God leaves mats from our past is not only that we’ll remember what He’s done, but so we can tell others. The mat means you’re healed, you’re forgiven, and you can walk again. You may still have your mat, but that’s simply to remind you of the greatness of our God. When you see other people who need healing, let them know that what God did for you, He can do for them.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the mats from my past that are a part of my story. Thank You for healing me, forgiving me, and giving me a new life. Help me to remember what You’ve done in my life and to use my story to encourage others of what You can do for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Nov 2022 07:53 #2896 by DrMike
It Will Be Undeniable

Today's Scripture

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. Psalm 23:5, NLT

You may have some obstacles in your path today that have you feeling stuck. There’s no way you’ll get well, no way you can pay off your house, no way to go back to school. It’s a setup. God is about to display His awesome power, not just so you can see it, but so other people can see it. When David says that God prepares a feast before you in the presence of your enemies, that’s not private. God is going to show out so the opposition and the critics will all see you promoted, honored, in a position of influence, in a public display. That’s why you don’t have to prove to people who you are or waste your time trying to convince people who are not for you to like you. Keep running your race, honoring God, and at some point, He’s going to show out in such a way that your critics can’t deny the favor on you. People are going to know the Lord is on your side.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have Your ways of preparing feasts for me when I face opposition and critics. Make a show of how much You love me. Display Your awesome power through me. Let me not only see Your goodness but use me to show other people how great You are. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Nov 2022 06:38 #2897 by DrMike
The Valley of Blessing

Today's Scripture

On the fourth day they gathered in the Valley of Blessing, which got its name that day because the people praised and thanked the LORD there. 2 Chronicles 20:26, NLT

In 2 Chronicles 20, after God told King Jehoshaphat of Judah to march his army toward three major armies that should have crushed them, he appointed singers of praise to walk ahead of the army. As the singers sang, “Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever,” the enemy armies began fighting one another and destroyed themselves without the Israelites having to fight. What’s interesting is that they didn’t call the place where they had their greatest battle the valley of opposition, struggle, or fear. They called it the Valley of Blessing.

Maybe what you’re facing looks insurmountable. Every voice may tell you “that’s a valley of defeat, you’re never going to get out, never accomplish your dreams.” Have this new perspective: That’s not the valley of defeat but of victory. That’s not a valley to stop you but to promote you. It’s not a valley of sickness but of restoration. God is saying, “Stand still in faith, and I will turn that battlefield into your blessing field. You’re going to come out better.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are in control of all the situations in my life, and You are fighting my battles. Thank You that no matter what valley I find myself in, You will make it into a Valley of Blessing. I choose to be still, to get quiet before You, and listen to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Nov 2022 05:00 #2898 by DrMike
Don’t Think Like Everyone Else

Today's Scripture

The LORD has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t…live in dread of what frightens them. Make the LORD of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life…. He will keep you safe.” Isaiah 8:11–14, NLT

Negative news is all around us—how frightening the sickness is, how bad the economy is, what’s coming in the future. If you dwell on that, you’re going to end up afraid, worried, and panicked, thinking you’re not going to make it. It’s a negative cycle that keeps drawing in more fear, more worry, and more defeat. It weakens you and drains your strength, your energy, and your passion.

Today’s Scripture warns us to not think like everyone else. Negative thinking is contagious. When other people are afraid, worried, and negative, you have to be on the offensive and say, “No, I know my God is still on the throne. I will outlast whatever comes against me. I have strength in Christ for all things.” At the start of the day, you need to set your mind for victory. Don’t let just any thoughts play. You have to purposefully think power thoughts, victory thoughts, abundance thoughts, can-do thoughts. Keep honoring God, and He will defeat your enemies and keep you safe.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no weapon formed against me shall prosper because You are the guardian of my soul. Thank You that I can set my mind for victory today and not be afraid of what frightens and worries other people. I declare that I will not think like everyone else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Nov 2022 06:39 #2899 by DrMike
Healing for Your Wounds

Today's Scripture

Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people? Jeremiah 8:22, NIV

In today’s Scripture, the prophet Jeremiah had watched the nation of Judah be taken away into exile in Babylon for their idolatry and disobedience. He was very discouraged and was asking, “God, is there no cure for Your people?” In previous verses, he likened it to being bit by poisonous snakes. How could they deal with the venom and be restored as a nation?

The truth is that we’ve all been bitten by something—by guilt, by fear, by rejection. You may have been bitten by mistakes, by divorce, by hurts, by sins. How do we get rid of the poison and not let it stop our destiny? The apostle Paul says, “Look to Jesus, for God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” On the cross, Jesus took all our failures, shame, and guilt upon Himself. Whoever believes in Him will live. There’s healing, freedom, victory, and salvation in Him. My question is, what are you looking at?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus really is the balm in Gilead, my physician, the One who brings the healing for my wounds. Thank You that none of the things I’ve been bitten by can stop my destiny. I believe that Jesus took all of that upon Himself on the cross and His life reigns in me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Nov 2022 08:44 #2900 by DrMike
Bigger and Bigger

Today's Scripture

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. Proverbs 4:18, ESV

God’s idea is that our lives get bigger and bigger—more influence, more opportunity, more resources. But you may feel stuck. You haven’t seen this happen yet, but this is a new day. Things are about to turn in your favor. If you get your hopes up and start expecting God’s goodness, you’re going to come into a bigger life, to a new level of your destiny.

You may be in a limited environment right now that you can’t change. If you see lack, dysfunction, struggle, and addictions on a regular basis, it can become ingrained in you to where you think that’s the way it’s supposed to be. The key is to not let the environment get in you. Don’t let mediocrity become the norm. Don’t live with a small mentality. Don’t water down your dreams, accepting less when you know God has created you for more. Start believing bigger. Start taking steps of faith, stretching, growing, and learning. Start living larger, and God will amaze you with His goodness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can begin to see myself the way You see me as living a bigger and better life. Help me to get unstuck from my limited environment and not expecting anything better. I believe that You have new horizons for me to explore and a bigger life than I am now living. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds