Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Jan 2023 07:17 #2931 by DrMike
The Enemy’s Works Destroyed

Today's Scripture

But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8, NLT

In Acts 28, the apostle Paul was bitten by a poisonous snake on a small island named Malta. Paul didn’t panic, but simply shook the snake off and went about his business. The local people waited to see him swell up and suddenly die, but after a long wait and no harm to Paul, they decided he was a god. They weren’t far off; he was a son of God.

In today’s Scripture, the word “destroy” in the original language means “to not have its intended purpose.” There will be times when we get bit by a sickness, a divorce, or a loss, but like with Paul, that poison is not going to have any effect on you. Its purpose is to take you out, but because God destroyed the works of the enemy, it’s not going to have its intended purpose. God has the final say. What stops others is not going to stop you. The Most High God is pushing back forces of darkness. What He’s purposed for your life will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what the enemy sends against me, it will not have its intended purpose. Thank You that You have destroyed the works of the devil and broken his power. I believe that You always have the final say, and what You have purposed is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2023 07:19 #2932 by DrMike
Sharper or Duller

Today's Scripture

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17, NLT

Your friends should be sharpening you, making you better. Is that true of your circle of friends? Whatever qualities your friends have—either good or bad—eventually will either dull you or sharpen you. If you hang out with people who gossip, who compromise, or who are stingy, that’s what you’ll become. But if you hang around excellent people, generous people, and motivated, successful people, those good qualities will sharpen your life. This is why it’s so important that you are selective with whom you spend your time.

Don’t worry about being in the right group, having the most friends, being the most popular. The quantity of friends is not important; it’s the quality of your friends that really matters. You need eagles in your life—people who inspire you to reach your dreams, people who motivate you to go further, people who make you better. The truth is that you cannot reach your highest potential on your own. You need the right people to help you get to where you’re supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the friends in my life who sharpen me, inspire me, encourage me, and make me better. Help me to know if there are relationships that are having a negative impact on me and dulling me. I want to walk with the right people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

04 Jan 2023 07:08 #2933 by DrMike
Born to Overcome

Today's Scripture

…for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4, NIV

The Scripture says that when you gave your life to Christ, you became a new creation. You were born into God’s family to overcome and live in victory. It doesn’t matter what your present circumstances look like. That addiction didn’t come to stay. Freedom is in your spiritual DNA. That sickness is not permanent. Health and wholeness are in your DNA. That family problem, strife, division; it’s not going to last forever. Restoration is in your DNA. Lack, struggle, and barely getting by are not your destiny. Abundance, increase, opportunity, and good breaks are in your DNA. Why? Because of who your Father is.

Now when thoughts tell you that it’s never going to happen, just go back and check your spiritual birth certificate. Remind yourself of who you are. When the thought intrudes, “You’ll never accomplish your dreams. You’ll never get well,” just keep declaring this truth, “No, thanks. I’ve already checked my birth certificate. I know who I am. My Father’s name is God. It says so in the Word of God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my God and making me into a brand-new creation in Jesus. Thank You that I have Your spiritual DNA and that I was born to overcome and live in victory. I believe and declare that this is true and that the certificate is in Your Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Jan 2023 07:02 #2934 by DrMike
No Footholds

Today's Scripture

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26–27, NIV

The reason many people have no joy or enthusiasm is because they go to bed each night with unforgiveness in their heart. They’re reliving their hurts, thinking about their disappointments, stressing out about somebody who’s trying to make them look bad, upset because somebody’s playing politics in the office. Here’s the problem: If the sun goes down with bitterness, it will come back up with bitterness. If it goes down with resentment, it comes back up with resentment. That’s blocking God’s blessings. That’s giving the enemy a foothold.

Before you go to bed each night, you need to say, “God, I’m releasing every negative thing that’s happened to me today—every hurt, every worry, and every disappointment. I’m forgiving the people who did me wrong. God, I’m going to bed in peace.” When you do that, the sun will go down with nothing blocking God’s blessings. Don’t go to bed at night with any kind of defeat still in your mind. Let it go and trust God to make your wrongs right.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and mind against all the negative things that try to get in. Thank You that I can forgive anyone who has done me wrong and release the hurts, the worries, and disappointments. I will stop the anger and bitterness from getting in me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Jan 2023 07:42 #2935 by DrMike
A Great Reward

Today's Scripture

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. Hebrews 10:35, NKJV

When things happen that aren’t fair, when doors close that don’t make sense, when you’re doing the right thing but the wrong thing keeps happening, you have to trust that God is still in control and that He knows what’s best for you. He doesn’t always take us down the path that we thought. Be patiently confident. Your time is coming. He’s already lined up the breaks you need, the open doors, the right people, the healings. It’s already on your schedule.

If you don’t cast away your confidence, God will richly reward you. You may have gone through some disappointments, but He’ll make things happen that exceed any of your expectations. The reason He closed those doors is because He has something better. Don’t be discouraged by what didn’t work out. Stay in faith. The right opportunity is on the way. Now don’t get talked out of your dreams. You haven’t seen your best days. God is going to do something you’ve never seen, something that will catapult you to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I can’t see a way, I still know that You have a way. Thank You that my confidence is anchored to You, and that You will richly reward me beyond my expectations. I believe and declare that my time is coming and is right on schedule. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jan 2023 07:25 #2936 by DrMike
Are You a Moses?

Today's Scripture

“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7, NIV

In the Scripture, when Moses was born, Pharaoh had put out a decree that all the male Hebrew babies were to be killed. From Moses’ birth, the enemy was trying to stop him with adversity. Moses’ mother hid him in the house for three months, then she put him in a papyrus basket and hid him along the dangerous bank of the Nile. When Pharaoh’s daughter discovered Moses and fell in love with him, her father, who had made the decree, allowed her to keep the Hebrew baby and raise him as her own.

When God is fighting your battles, things will happen that don’t make sense. You may be facing all kinds of adversity and wonder why. How do you know that adversity isn’t a sign that greatness is in you and that the enemy is trying to push you down to keep you from leaving your mark? How do you know you’re not a Moses? You have to be strong and get ready to step into your greatness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty or adversity I will ever face. Thank You that when the enemy is trying to push me down, I can remain strong and know that reward is coming. I believe that You are going to bring me to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Jan 2023 07:32 #2937 by DrMike
Kingdom Greatness

Today's Scripture

“…whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant…just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26–28, NIV

Jesus said that the simple key to being great in the kingdom is to serve other people as He did. He was talking about a lifestyle in which you’re always looking for ways to serve. When you live a “serve others” lifestyle, you help your family and friends, volunteer in your community, and take care of loved ones. It becomes a part of who you are. You develop an attitude of giving to everyone you meet. That’s when you’ll have true happiness and fulfillment. You live not to receive, but to give.

God has put people in your life on purpose so you can be a blessing to them. Don’t look for them to pay you back. They may not even thank you, but rest assured that when you serve others, there is applause in heaven. God sees your sacrifices, and He’s the One who matters. He sees your acts of kindness, helping a coworker or serving in the church nursery. When you serve others, God says you’ll be great in the kingdom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus came to serve and gave His life for me. Thank You that You created me to serve others, to be truly fulfilled by living to give and not to receive. What is my assignment today? Help me to see the people You want me to serve. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Jan 2023 07:04 #2938 by DrMike
Make Room for More

Today's Scripture

“Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut.” Revelation 3:8, ESV

The moment you accept that something negative is the norm—you’ll always struggle in your finances, your marriage will never improve, you’re stuck in your career—that’s when a stronghold in your mind is formed that can keep you from your destiny. The first place we lose the battle is in our own thinking. If you think you’ve reached your limits, you have. If you think you’ll never get well, you won’t. You have to change your thinking and stir up your faith. God is saying, “I have given you gifts, talents, and great potential. You have seeds of greatness inside. Doors are going to open that no man can shut. Talent is going to come out that you didn’t know you had. I’m going to connect you with the right people and present you with opportunities that will thrust you into a new level of your destiny.”

Dream big. Believe big. Pray big. Make room for God to do something new in your life. He has explosive blessings coming your way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can leave behind any negative mindsets and make room for the increase You want to bring into my life. Thank You that You open doors and new opportunities that will take me to new levels. I believe this is a new day to break free from limitations. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Jan 2023 07:28 #2939 by DrMike
What Do You Have?

Today's Scripture

Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.” “We have here only five loaves and two fish,” they answered. Matthew 14:16–17, NIV

Late in the day, after Jesus had been teaching thousands of people, He told His disciples to feed the multitude. They said, “That’s impossible. We have no food except five loaves of bread and two fish.” What followed the “except” was all they needed. Jesus took that tiny provision in His hands, prayed over it, and it multiplied to be more than enough.

Your dream may be much bigger than what you have. When you look at your resources, your training, your experience, it’s not enough. It’s just five loaves. What good can that do? No, get ready. God is going to multiply what comes after your “except.” There are gifts you haven’t tapped into and new levels inside you. He’s about to make happen what you can’t make happen. Doors will open that you can’t open. Opportunities that you aren’t qualified for will present themselves. Put what you have in God’s hands, and He’s going to take what looks insignificant and turn it into something extraordinary.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can give You my dreams and goals, and You will do something great with them. Thank You that You take the loaves and the fish in my life and multiply them into something extraordinary. I gladly put my gifts and resources in Your hands today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jan 2023 07:49 #2940 by DrMike
Chained but Not Bound

Today's Scripture

And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. 2 Timothy 2:9, NLT

Because the apostle Paul was sharing the good news and helping other people, he was put in prison. The closer he got to his destiny, the more obstacles he faced. He was alone in a dungeon. It looked as though God had forgotten him. But Paul didn’t feel sorry for himself. Since he couldn’t go out and speak publicly, he thought, “No problem. I’ll start writing.” He wrote nearly half of the books of the New Testament, much of it from a prison cell. Even though he was in chains, his enemies couldn’t stop what God wanted him to do. They thought they were stopping him, but they caused his voice to become amplified. Some two thousand years later, and we still feel Paul’s influence. What they meant for harm, God used for good.

Bottom line is this: No person can stand against our God. No bad break can keep you from your destiny. Right in the midst of difficulties, you can shine, be a bright light, and have God’s favor as Paul did.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and that Your work in my life is greater than any chains that might try to hold me back. Thank You that what has hindered me in the past is not going to hinder me anymore. I believe that Your Word cannot be bound in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds