Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Mar 2023 07:37 #2971 by DrMike
Love Can’t Be on Autopilot

Today's Scripture

“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” Ephesians 5:31, NIV

It’s easy to go on autopilot in a relationship, especially in your marriage, but it’s not a onetime thing. It takes a lifetime to “become one.” That’s because the person you married at twenty is not the same person at thirty or fifty. You can’t put your love on autopilot. You have to adapt, adjust, and recognize what their different needs are as they change, mature, and develop new interests. You can’t treat them the same way. That’s why some people breakup. They’re not bad people; they’ve just grown apart. They didn’t change. They slept in the same bed, but they didn’t stay connected.

You haven’t discovered all the treasures in the person God gave you to love. You’ve seen one stage, but they’re going to blossom into new stages. Are you taking time to laugh together, to go on dates, to do new things? Are you keeping joy in your relationship? Are you keeping tension and strife out? Is it time to get plugged back in? God put you together, so stay one.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every relationship that You have given me, and especially for my spouse. Help me to keep the joy and laughter and freshness in our marriage and never turn my love on autopilot. I commit my heart and soul to staying connected and one. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2023 06:55 #2972 by DrMike
Prosper Where You’re Planted

Today's Scripture

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jeremiah 29:11, NIV

Today’s Scripture was spoken right after the Israelites had been taken from Jerusalem as captives and settled in Babylon as exiles, unable to go home. Their whole world was turned upside down in disappointment. I’m sure they were praying for a deliverance, but God said they were going to be there for seventy years. God didn’t say, “I’m going to get you out of Babylon and back to Jerusalem so I can prosper you.” He said, “I’m going to prosper you in captivity, in disappointment, while you’re dealing with loss. But you have to take steps of faith—build houses, plant crops, marry, pursue new goals, look for opportunities. I have plans to prosper you in your difficulty.”

Perhaps you’re facing a disappointment, a breakup, a big setback. You feel like you’re in exile and want to give up. No, get your passion back. God has plans to prosper you despite what’s going on around you. Keep believing, keep being your best, and God will take you to new levels in the midst of that challenge.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for my life, plans that are full of hope and an abundant future, are not dependent upon the situations around me. Thank You that You can prosper me through every difficulty. I believe that You are the one who is taking me to my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Mar 2023 06:29 #2973 by DrMike
All Your Needs

Today's Scripture

“These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs.” Matthew 6:32, NLT

We all have plenty of reasons to live worried and stressed, trying to fix everything in our own strength. That’s overwhelming. Come back to a place of peace. Your Heavenly Father knows all your needs. He knows what you’re facing. He knows the dreams He’s placed in your heart. He sees the struggles, the unfair situations, the times you were put at a disadvantage. You don’t have to do life on your own, trying to make up for it, trying to accomplish the dream. Jesus says, “Come to Me, and I will give you rest.” Stop depending on your own efforts, your own ability. That striving is draining. If you start depending on Him, you’ll feel that load lift off you. God has you in the palms of His hands. He hasn’t let go of you. If you’re going to feel His strength and see His favor, you have to put Him first place and abide in Him. You can only do so much in your own efforts. Do what you can, and then leave it up to God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I do not have to keep being trapped in worry about things over which I have no control. Thank You that You will provide me with exactly what I need when I need it. I choose to rest and be at peace, knowing that You will work it for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Mar 2023 07:20 - 06 Mar 2023 07:22 #2974 by DrMike
Thrown Mercy

Today's Scripture

“Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” John 8:10–11, NLT

Jesus was teaching in the temple when the religious leaders dragged a woman caught in adultery in front of the crowd and said, “The law of Moses says to stone her. What do You say?” She was guilty, deeply shamed, without a defense. Rather than answer, “Jesus stooped to the ground and wrote in the dust with his finger.” They may have thought He was stooping down to pick up a rock to throw, but He stooped down to throw mercy. He said, “You who are without sin, go ahead and throw the first stone.” It was dead silence until one man walked out, then another and another. It wasn’t until all the men left that Jesus stood up and spoke the words of forgiveness in today’s Scripture.

This story signifies how God will get dirty to rescue you. He’s not a God who just stays in the heavens. He’s a God who stoops in the dirt to restore someone caught in sin, shame, and disgrace. His way is to free you from guilt and release you from condemnation.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love is the real love that I need to change my life. Thank You that You sent Jesus to stoop into my dirt and free me from all condemnation for my sins. I receive Your mercy now, and I believe I am free from all guilt. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

07 Mar 2023 11:41 #2975 by DrMike
Empowered

Today's Scripture

“For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.” 2 Samuel 22:30, ESV

Today’s Scripture is one of the declarations David made on the day when God had delivered him from all his enemies and from King Saul. You can’t run through a troop of hundreds of soldiers or leap over city walls on your own. God will never let you face a challenge that you can’t overcome. He’ll never put a dream in your heart that you can’t accomplish. You may not have the size, the skill, or the experience. That’s okay, because when God breathes on your life, you will accomplish things that seem impossible. You’ll outlast opposition that should have overwhelmed you. You’ll discover talent and ability that you hadn’t known you had. Don’t believe the lies that the problem is too big, the dream is too great. That may be true if you stayed like you are, but God is about to power you up. Instead of thinking, “I can’t take this. These obstacles are so big,” turn it around and say, “Father, thank You for empowering my life. Thank You for supernatural favor, supernatural strength, supernatural ability.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that other people and circumstances cannot keep me from what You have purposed for me. Thank You that You are empowering my life with all that I need. I believe that You will take me through or over or around whatever stands in my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Mar 2023 06:22 #2976 by DrMike
Receive It

Today's Scripture

“May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.” Ruth 2:12, NIV

A young Moabite widow named Ruth moved to Bethlehem to take care of her elderly mother-in-law, Naomi. To survive, she went into the harvest fields every day to pick up whatever wheat the workers missed. God brought her to the attention of Boaz, the owner of the fields, who began to help her, then fell in love with her. God’s blessing was on Ruth, and she and Naomi went from poverty and disappointment to abundance and joy.

Like Ruth, you may have been through disappointments, but things are about to turn in your favor. Quit telling yourself all the reasons for why you can’t receive the blessing of God as Ruth did. It’s not going to happen just by your ability, your talent, or your connections. It’s going to happen by the Spirit of the living God. He’s breathing on your life right now. His favor is surrounding you. There are breakthroughs already en route— healing, promotions, contracts, the right people are already headed your way. Now don’t talk yourself out of it. Receive His blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know every hardship and difficult situation I have faced and will face. Thank You that You have more blessings and favor for me than I can dream. I believe that Your favor is surrounding me and breakthroughs are on the way. In Jesus’

10 Mar 2023 07:14 #2977 by DrMike
Keep Your Walls Up

Today's Scripture

Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls. Proverbs 25:28, NKJV

In the days of King Solomon, if the city walls were down, the opposition could come in and take the city. In the same way, if you don’t keep the walls up around your spirit, if you don’t rule your spirit, everything is going to get in. If your child is off course, instead of trusting that God has him in the palms of His hands, worry will get in. If your business slows down, instead of knowing that God is your source, the stress will cause you to fear. If someone is talking negatively about you, instead of letting God fight your battles, you let the offense in and try to prove to them that you’re okay. You don’t need their approval; God has already approved you. Now keep your walls up. Quit allowing all that into your spirit. Your life is too valuable to let everything in. Be selective. If it’s not positive, hopeful, and of a good report, don’t dwell on it. You can’t control the whole world, but you can control your atmosphere.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your peace and joy that rule and guard my spirit as I put my trust in You. Thank You that I can keep my walls up. I refuse to allow my circumstances or what others say and do to get me upset. I declare I will walk in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Mar 2023 06:40 #2978 by DrMike
Tune Your Heart In

Today's Scripture

O LORD, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you. Psalm 125:4, NLT

Notice in today’s Scripture that you can be in tune or out of tune with God. If you go around thinking, “I’ll never get well, I can’t get the promotion, things just go from bad to worse,” you’re not in tune with God. In the Scripture, He says, “I am all-powerful. I am healing. I am provision. I am abundance. I am protection. I am favor.” If you’re going to get in tune with Him, you can’t think weak, defeated, get-by, hope-this-works-out thoughts.

The way to get in tune with God is to think what He says about you—not what you feel, not what it looks like, not what the experts say, and not what the economy says. You have to say what the Most High God has spoken about you in His Word. The Scripture says, “Whose report will you believe?” The way you get in tune with God is by thinking victorious, overcoming, faith-filled thoughts. Think favor thoughts, abundance thoughts, healing thoughts, and the Creator of the universe goes to work.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can tune myself into the way You see me as blessed, prosperous, healthy, strong, talented, and successful. Help me to tune out all the negative, limiting thoughts that hold me back. I declare that I believe Your report over what I feel and hear around me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Mar 2023 07:57 #2979 by DrMike
Because of the Blood

Today's Scripture

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Revelation 12:11, NKJV

It’s easy to live under guilt and condemnation, feeling we’ve made too many mistakes to be forgiven. Our enemy, the accuser of the brethren, will remind you of everything you’ve ever done wrong. Do you think your mistakes are too much for the blood shed by the sinless, spotless, all-powerful Son of God? The blood of the Lamb is the blood that defeated the enemy, it’s the blood that crushed Satan’s head, it’s the blood that took away the keys of death and hell, it’s the blood that makes demons tremble, it’s the blood that caused the earth to shake and the sun refuse to shine. It’s because of the blood of Jesus that the blind were healed, the lepers cured, the lady caught in adultery was restored, and the soldiers who crucified Him were forgiven.

No mistake you’ve made is too much for that blood. So shake off the guilt and condemnation and receive His forgiveness and mercy. Because of the blood of Jesus, our sins have been permanently taken away.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the incredible price that Jesus paid through the shedding of His blood for my sins. Thank You for redeeming me on the cross and for Your promise that my sins have been permanently taken away. I declare that I am forgiven and free from condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Mar 2023 07:49 #2980 by DrMike
It’s Not Too Late

Today's Scripture

“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten.” Joel 2:25, NKJV

In today’s Scripture, the Israelites had planted and labored over their crops, but for years at harvest time swarms of locusts came in, like a mighty army, and ate up all the crops. We’ve all been through seasons in life where it feels like we’ve lost time. Perhaps it’s the years lost in a relationship that didn’t work out, or the years of struggle with an illness or an addiction. Or it’s the years we let fear and opposition hold us back from pursuing our dreams. Maybe we weren’t raised in a healthy environment, and it feels like we lost our childhood and can never get it back. But God says He will restore those years to you.

While it’s true in the natural that we can’t get time back, we serve a supernatural God who knows how to make up for lost time. He’s not going to just restore the years you lost. He promises you abundance of joy, an overflow of peace, and more than enough resources for what should have been yours.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that nothing is too hard for You to work out in my life, not even the time I’ve lost in the past for many different reasons. Thank You that You work in ways so far beyond anything I can think or imagine. Help me believe that You will restore what I’ve lost. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.044 seconds