Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

07 Apr 2023 03:31 #2991 by DrMike
Have an Uncommon Commitment

Today's Scripture

But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.” Ruth 1:16, NIV

In the Scripture, Naomi’s husband died unexpectedly, then ten years later both of her married sons died. When Naomi decided to move back to Bethlehem, her daughter-in-law Orpah took the easy way out and stayed where she was. But her other daughter-in-law, Ruth, refused to leave her, even though it meant hard labor and poverty conditions. She was willing to live by a higher standard. That uncommon commitment to do the right thing brought uncommon favor. Not only did God bless Ruth with a husband and son, but their great-grandson was named David. Ruth went from barely surviving to ending up in the family line of Jesus Christ. It wouldn’t have happened if she was common.

Are there areas that you’re being common in, taking the easy way out, doing what everyone else is doing? The good news is that it’s not too late to change. You can be a Ruth. God has uncommon favor, uncommon opportunities, and uncommon relationships in your future, but you have to do your part and be uncommon.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my God and that You’ve called me to follow You wherever You lead. Thank You that You know every unfair and difficult situation I have faced and will face. I declare that I will have an uncommon commitment to doing what is right. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2023 07:18 #2992 by DrMike
Nothing Missing

Today's Scripture

“When you survey your possessions, nothing will be missing. You will have many children; your descendants will be as plentiful as grass!” Job 5:24–25, NLT

In the Scripture, Job experienced great losses—his children, his business, and his health. Just when he was about to give up, a friend said, “If you look to God, He will rescue and heal you. This loss is temporary. When God brings restoration, nothing will be missing.” Later, when Job stated, “I know that my Redeemer lives,” he was declaring that God would finish what He started. Job’s thinking shifted from “this loss is permanent” to “restoration is coming, health is coming, family is coming, victory is coming,” which is what God did for Job. He not only restored what Job had lost, but God gave him twice what he had before. Just as God promised, nothing was missing.

That’s the way our God is. Don’t judge the rest of your life by what’s missing now.

When God gets finished, nothing is going to be missing, large or small. Nobody will be able to tell what you went through. You’re going to come out stronger, healthier, more fulfilled, blessed, and prosperous. Your time is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are on the throne, and You are with me through every time of loss. Thank You that You can bring me out of difficulties better off than I was before they showed up. I believe that Your favor is on me and that nothing will be missing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

11 Apr 2023 07:13 #2993 by DrMike
Get the Who Right

Today's Scripture

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” Matthew 6:26, NIV

We all face challenges in life that we don’t know how they’re going to work out. How am I going to get well? How am I going to meet the right person? How is this dream going to come to pass? But here’s the key: The HOW is not as important as the WHO. When you know who you are, a child of the Most High God, crowned with favor, with royal blood flowing through your veins, then the WHO will override the HOW. Your Heavenly Father created the universe and has ways of doing things that you can’t see. When you understand that you belong to Him, you can live from a place of peace, knowing that your Father has a solution to that problem that’s stressing you out. The HOW may look impossible, but that is not up to you. If you stay focused on HOW, you’re going to live worried and discouraged. Your job is to honor God, to be your best, and He will take care of the HOW.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that just as You feed the birds of the air, You will provide me with exactly what I need for every season I am in. I choose to rest, knowing that You are in control of the HOW. I declare I will not worry because You supply all my needs. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Apr 2023 06:58 #2994 by DrMike
Good Seed

Today's Scripture

And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. 2 Peter 1:4, NLT

Life tries to convince us that there’s nothing special about us. We have too many obstacles and have made too many mistakes to ever leave our mark. But we don’t realize who we are. Today’s Scripture says that God has enabled us to share His nature, that we are His offspring. As a child of Almighty God, you have His spiritual DNA. In your seed is favor, creativity, courage, and new levels. You can’t share in God’s DNA and just be average. That seed will override challenges and propel you where you can’t go on your own.

If you’re going to reach your potential, you have to know you are good seed. You have purpose, destiny, and greatness. You may have made mistakes and come from negative circumstances, but that doesn’t change your seed. Don’t let how you were raised, what you didn’t get, or any dysfunction convince you that you’re not up to par, that you can’t do something great. Because you’re good seed, you’re still going to shine, you’re still going to blossom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great and precious promises You have given me that enable me to share in Your life and nature. Thank You that I have Your spiritual DNA inside. I declare that I am good seed and I am going to blossom into my full potential. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Apr 2023 06:51 #2995 by DrMike
Bigger Than

Today's Scripture

Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered. Psalm 68:1, NKJV

In today’s Scripture, “let” means you have to allow God to arise in your thoughts. When you let God arise, you make Him bigger than your problems, bigger than any sickness, bigger than financial troubles. You focus on His greatness. You think about His power. You talk about how He’s brought you through in the past. You go around bragging on what He’s done and declaring His promises. The bigger you make God, the smaller your problems become, and the more faith will rise in your heart.

The enemy is always trying to get us to let the problem arise. That’s why it’s so important to keep a song of praise in your heart all through the day. Instead of worrying, thinking about all the things that are wrong and what might not work out, turn all that worry time into worship time. That’s not just being positive, that’s letting God arise. That’s what allows the most powerful force in the universe to go to work on your behalf.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your greatness, power, and glory are all beyond my imagining. Thank You that my greatest problem is dwarfed by Your greatness and Your promises meet all my needs. I declare that I will worship You and let You arise in my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Apr 2023 03:56 #2996 by DrMike
A Little Faith

Today's Scripture

He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.” Luke 17:6, NIV

When the odds are against you and what you’re up against seems impossible, don’t believe the lie that you don’t have enough faith. God says when you have faith the size of a mustard seed, nothing is impossible. A mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds. A little faith is like a little match that can ignite a huge fire. A little faith can start a huge blessing. Little faith can open big doors. Little faith can heal you from a terminal illness. Little faith can defeat great giants.

You have the faith you need to get you to your destiny. Now do your part and start mixing in faith to ignite the promises of God in your life. How do you mix in your faith? You agree with what God promised. “Lord, thank You that I can do all things through Christ. Thank You that the enemies I see today I will see no more.” That’s not just being positive, that’s mixing in your faith. That’s what activates the promise.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You don’t expect me to have a great faith that never doubts. Thank You that You see my mustard seed faith and that it is enough to make anything impossible. I believe that as I mix my faith with Your promises that You will ignite great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Apr 2023 03:38 #2997 by DrMike
The Best Is Yet to Come

Today's Scripture

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18, NIV

It’s easy to start thinking that we’ve seen our best days when our business slows down, a person walks away, or a plan fails. But God never does His greatest feats in your yesterdays, they are always in your future. Today’s Scripture says that what God has in front of you is more fulfilling and rewarding than anything you’ve seen in the past. But sometimes before it gets brighter, it gets darker. Before we see more than enough, we go through a season of not enough. There are times when He’s shaking things up to move you out of the good into the best. If He didn’t close those doors, you wouldn’t see the fullness of your destiny. We may not like the process, and it may not make sense to us, but that disappointment, the breakup, or the slow season won’t stop what God has for you. It’s getting you in position for favor that you’ve never seen. You’re going to come out, not like you were before, but healthier, stronger, promoted, and increased.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I face difficulties and disappointments that You’re getting me in a position for favor. Thank You that my path will get brighter and brighter and that my best days are still out in front of me. I believe that You always cause me to triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Apr 2023 06:27 #2998 by DrMike
The Next Best

Today's Scripture

This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. 2 Corinthians 9:10, MSG

In Jesus’ first public miracle when He turned water into wine at the wedding in John 2, it would have been a great miracle if He had given them the same wine that had run out. We would be telling the story that God can restore, that when you run out, He can give you more. That’s good, but God is so loving that He doesn’t bring you out the same. He gives you the best wine. The best is simply something that you’ve never seen—favor, health, opportunity, finances, influence. The best is in front of you. After you see that best, then God will give you something better, a new best. That’s what it means when the Scripture says He’s taking you from glory to glory. In between those glories, there may be seasons when you feel as though you have nothing more to give—no more creativity, no more resources, no more options. It had to run out so you can see your next best. It’s all a part of God’s plan.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the ways You provide for me every day. Thank You that when one of those provisions runs out, You are getting me in a position to increase me. I believe that You have something bigger, something better, something more rewarding up in front of me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Apr 2023 06:45 #2999 by DrMike
Ripping-Off-the-Roof Faith

Today's Scripture

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Mark 2:5, NIV

In Mark 2, four friends put a paralyzed man on a stretcher and carried him to a house where Jesus was teaching. In effect, they were saying, “We’re taking you to Jesus. You may not think you can ever walk again, but we are believing for you. You can borrow our faith.” When they got there, the house was so packed they couldn’t get in. Rather than give up, they carried the man to the roof, took off the covering, and lowered him to Jesus. It says that “when Jesus saw their faith,” He healed the man. It wasn’t the faith of the paralyzed man but his friends. They lifted him, carried him, believed for him, and refused to give up. They had ripping-off-the-roof faith.

God has put people in your life strategically so you can be a friend with faith. Don’t miss the opportunity, don’t be so busy with your needs and goals that you miss carrying someone to their healing, praying for the friend who’s hurting, lifting a coworker who’s discouraged. Let them borrow your faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see my faith and that You honor my faith in You. Thank You for the power of faith to carry others to their healing, to their comforting, to their encouragement. Help me to have a ripping-off-the-roof faith to share with others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Apr 2023 03:43 #3000 by DrMike
Be Patient

Today's Scripture

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:29, NKJV

When Moses was a young man, God put the dream in his heart to deliver the Israelites out of slavery. But he got in a hurry and stepped out of God’s timing, killing an Egyptian who was mistreating a Hebrew slave. He spent forty years on the back side of the desert in hiding. It looked as though that one mistake disqualified him from God’s calling. I’m sure he often thought, “You’re a failure. You missed out.” But at eighty years old, having learned to be patient and humble, God came to Moses and said, “Now you’re ready. Go deliver My people.”

God doesn’t judge you by one mistake or by five thousand mistakes. His calling on your life is irrevocable. Moses had given up, but God doesn’t give up. You may have counted yourself out, but God has already counted you in. That mistake doesn’t determine the rest of your life. Keep doing the right thing, keep passing the test. God is about to take you to the next level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the calling You put in my heart and that my mistakes and failures cannot nullify it. Thank You for the steps and the refining process You are working to bring it to pass in my life. Help me to be patient and know You are always on schedule. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.967 seconds